Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Penguin Palooza comparison

Go down 
+4
Bonnie
RtasVadumee
landrover
Saarlooswolfhound
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

Penguin Palooza comparison Empty
PostSubject: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 7:33 pm

If this can be combined elsewhere feel free Admins. 
Here are my penguin species family groups. Others feel free to share yours too!
Emperor
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

King

Humboldt

Chinstrap

African

Rockhopper

Lonely gentoo

Galapagos, little, yellow eyed

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 8:30 pm

Many variety of penguins, cheers cheers

I like especially the african ones.

RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 8:40 pm

Thanks for opening that topic Paige !

First of all, I'm interested in this older emperor chick but from what I remember, this is a retired Safari.

Then, the other thing that strikes me the most is how well the CollectA African penguin fits with the Schleich from an aesthetic point of view despite being slightly larger ! Maybe they could make a lovely pair.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 8:57 pm

Thanks! Honestly, penguins are a lesser interest of mine in general so this is a neglected part of my collection. But the African and blue littles are my favorite species. 

The larger emperor chick is K&M actually. And the CollectA and Schleich African do look nice together.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 10:09 pm

What a wonderful family, so many models and so many brands! cheers I love the chicks, they're gorgeous! I love you
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 12:13 am

So I love penguins. I will remember to show my penguins when I get them back.
AAA Emperors are just an invented thing. I don't understand why they can make an identifiable Humboldt that is less known but so weird Emperors.
The old Schleich King penguin, was always marketed like that but if it was marketed as an Emperor, it wouldn't change anything. The brand of the cute animals took a long time to get things correctly and now they are back to the abnormal things.
OK, they also made good penguins, the African Emperor chicks, king penguin II and the Emperor with chick.
i like the standard sized Safari models, I think I only miss the current African.
You need to pair your Gentoo, there's a beautiful partner to go with it.
I see you don't have my favorite species, the Adélie penguin.
Your comparisons are a treasure. I see a few missing in my collection.

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 1:37 am

Here is a useful chart to help with penguins' sizes.

It shows how much the Schleich is better sized as a king than an emperor.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 12:03 pm

What a fabulous chart! Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 1:25 pm

That's helpful in just remembering all the kinds of penguin, even if I'm not collecting them!

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 5:39 pm

Beautieful penguins :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 4:20 am

Thank you everybody! I invite anyone to add theirs if you wish. :)

Back to top Go down
Advicot

Advicot

Country/State : A farm in Britiain

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 4:09 pm

I might just do that Very Happy

"Our planet is in crisis. The monster of this earth, is not a tiger nor a lion or shark. It's us we've destroyed the planet." (My own quote)
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 5:31 pm

As previously announced, Andrés has been recently repainting a Schleich 14632 Emperor Penguin with Chick [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] into a king to go with my new 14617 King Penguin [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] which now replaces the 14652 Emperor Penguin in my collection [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .

The result is absolutely faboulous and it's impossible to tell that this figure was not a king in the first place and that these two were not initially made for each other.

Here they are with my new Emperor, the Papo model :

And finally, a comparison with the original model.

This is the first of many upcoming weddings as almost all my penguins are going to find love next week cheers

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 5:52 pm

George Murray Levick, turned famous the sexual depravity of penguins. Obviously there's no depravity at all so if you find any strange behaviour with your new couples, don't get surprised. Wink Let's take a look at your new king penguin and obviously it was a good idea. Naturally I enjoy the baby and it is understandeable why brands avoid chicks of that particular species. They look beautifully ugly to me but I am not sure kids would enjoy them. I think the result is very beautiful, maybe the ear patch should be confined to a smaller extent with the black outline of the grizzled back extending to the dark face but it is not easy to explain and the pose may not give a perfect perception. It is beautiful and more than recognizable and now every of them look perfect, even the Papo emperor is giving a new dymmension to your Penguin Palooza.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 6:25 pm

Wonderful models! I can't wait to see your other pairs. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 6:33 pm

Roger wrote:
George Murray Levick, turned famous the sexual depravity of penguins. Obviously there's no depravity at all so if you find any strange behaviour with your new couples, don't get surprised. Wink Let's take a look at your new king penguin and obviously it was a good idea. Naturally I enjoy the baby and it is understandeable why brands avoid chicks of that particular species. They look beautifully ugly to me but I am not sure kids would enjoy them. I think the result is very beautiful, maybe the ear patch should be confined to a smaller extent with the black outline of the grizzled back extending to the dark face but it is not easy to explain and the pose may not give a perfect perception. It is beautiful and more than recognizable and now every of them look perfect, even the Papo emperor is giving a new dymmension to your Penguin Palooza.

I'm not sure any kind of alleged depravity, not even a mixed-species penguin orgy is still able to surprise me.
Such a precise description is still a bit difficult to understand in English so I made a paint simulation to illustrate what I understood from what you said, am I right ?

Well, that ear patch's shape was indeed very difficult to visualize in that particular pose and when Andrés showed me the picture, I was too afraid of spoiling what I considered as an amazing work that I didn't asked any change as I know too well how perfectionism can be counter-productive. But now you're telling it, yes, I can clearly see it and you are right, the repaint is slightly incomplete. I don't think I will ask Anne (a local painter who can do minor jobs for me, like restoring scratched figures and so on) to fix it though, that penguin is too precious to me and I don't think I will dare any further repaint.

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 6:45 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Wonderful models! I can't wait to see your other pairs. Very Happy

It's gonna be very cute for sure, unfortunately I did not dare to order the new Safari rockhopper to go with the CollectA, I was not sure they would fit (not sizewise, aesthetically) and you don't have it yet (only the older version) so I was not able to see a comparison from you. As a consequence, the rockhopper, emperor (and upcoming chinstrap) will remain single but maybe the Colorata set could fix that (at least for the rockhopper and chinstrap).

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptySat Apr 24, 2021 9:33 pm

Ben, I think you got it or at least very close. I wouldn't change it. It is just a detail, hard to see in that pose as we both pointed and it does not turns the repaint inaccurate. You have a beautiful and perfectly identifiable king penguin with a chick. The penguins that got known as depravated were the Adèlie penguins but what can you expect from a scientist that cannot tell a nun from a penguin?

RtasVadumee

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 1:38 pm

As seen on my addition topic, here is my now complete penguin family from major brands :

King pair :

Gentoo pair :

Jackass pair :

Singles :

Whole group :

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison EmptyWed Apr 28, 2021 3:57 pm

Your King's pair is very special, of course. though, it is really surprising how these gentoos go together. It won't be hard to find a partner for your rockhopper but I am not sure your Chinstrap will find a mate.

PostSubject: Re: Penguin Palooza comparison   Penguin Palooza comparison Empty

Back to top Go down

Penguin Palooza comparison
Page 1 of 1