Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+7
rogerpgvg
landrover
widukind
Pardofelis
Ana
Bonnie
Kikimalou
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty
PostSubject: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 9:18 am

Giant anteaters are really iconic animals, so bizarre and so beautiful at the same time. Whether in hollow lead, in composition or in plastic, whatever the times, this animal has always been present in all the major toy brands, and even in the less well-known.
The one I want you to discover today is certainly not the most realistic, but I find it incredibly charming. the first time I saw one it was of course in Susanne's amazing collection. Our friend always has a knack for unearthing little gems that are too ignored. sunny
Since that day, I knew that sooner or later this Danish anteater would join my little tribe. It’s been done for the past month and I am overflowing with joy every time my eyes fall on him. drunken

Lets’ talk the pics

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lineol: affraid What happen to your nose ?
Neoform: affraid What happen to your nose ?

Lineol: Laughing Come with me ”Cyrano de Danemark”, I know someone like you

Schleich: Grand Pa ! cheers

Schleich: Come with me, some old cousins are waiting for you...

The big noses gang together: Neoform, Lineol, Pfeiffer, Hausser
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 9:58 am

What a delightful Neoform Giant Anteater, I love him! I love you
Even if he is more simple than major brand models, your walkaround shows that he has all the same general characteristics of this bizarre and beautiful animal, whilst at the same time being an incredibly special vintage figure! sunny I'm sure Roger will love this topic too! Very Happy
And I loved how all the long-nosed friends met up for an amazing comparison pic, these animals really do look so beautiful altogether! cheers I have one more long-nosed friend too to join- dear Bonnie, with that famous Rough Collie nose! Laughing
Thank you for another excellent walkaround! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 10:15 am

Thank you Bonnie sunny
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 11:48 am

He's so funny, I love the conversation with the badger Laughing
Very adorable model, thank you for the walk-around, Christophe! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Lineol:  affraid  What happen to your nose ?
Neoform:  affraid  What happen to your nose ?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing You're the best! I absolutely love your humour sense Razz

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 6:12 pm

The insppiration for Yowies later Wink

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
landrover

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 9:30 pm

This Neoform figure has many characteristics that others do not have.

Very nice.... cheers cheers cheers

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 9:37 pm

That's right. It shows that a figure doesn't have to be completely realistic to be a superb model.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Apr 12, 2021 11:36 pm

Bonnie is right, topics about giant anteaters surely make me happy! :)
.. and this model is a very special one. I believe the badger choice was not a random thing.
Giant anteater models are always wonderful figures, especially when they have a lot of artistic license. Laughing The first thing i thought about seeing this model was that its father crossed with a badger, I don't know how it was possible. Curiously, I have a friend that a little after starting to drive , got back to me, completely shocked because he saw a giant anteater next to the road. A giant anteater? In the South of Portugal? Well, he got a little angry at me because I was not believing and he is someone I can trust. Many years later we recovered that silly conversation as one of the rare moments we were not in complete harmony. I explained patiently that I didn't think he was a liar but that he could have made a little confusion, it was dark and anteaters do not ocur in Portugal. As computers were already common all those years after the encounter, it was not hard to find pictures of local fauna and the giant anteater turned to be a badger instead. Laughing I've never seen a badger either and I don't know many people who did it so it explains the surprise of my friend.
There isn't anything in this planet that looks like a giant anteater, not even tamanduas are that similar. So, it is somewhat natural, that sculptors tend to sculpt this animal based in anything they know better.
This model is really charming and surely not the most bizarre among composition anteaters.
I recomend also the topic about the Lisanto model but the most bizarre I know is this model by Chialu? Laughing

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyTue Apr 13, 2021 10:04 pm

Ohhhhh! Imagine that this charming , rare model ended in France , living with a macaque cheers
Thankyou for this lovely walkaround Applause

Laughing Roger, - we have a lot of Portuguese anteaters around here, - Usually I only see their tracks, but one evening I met a momma-anteater with two young, - they looked a lot like badgers, though Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyThu Apr 22, 2021 10:41 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Ohhhhh! Imagine that this charming , rare model ended in France , living with a macaque cheers
Thankyou for this lovely walkaround  Applause

Laughing Roger, - we have a lot of Portuguese anteaters around here, - Usually I only see their tracks, but one evening I met a momma-anteater with two young, - they looked a lot like badgers, though Wink

lol! Oh, I almost missed your post. Sleep So wonderful that you can see Portuguese anteaters and with babies, what an exciting experience! Very Happy

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 3:25 am

I LOVE this model! Absolutely delightful. I want a room full of vintage creatures with overwhelming charm like this one someday. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 2:35 pm

Jill wrote:
I LOVE this model! Absolutely delightful. I want a room full of vintage creatures with overwhelming charm like this one someday. Laughing

I wish you to have this room Very Happy Full of beauties cheers
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 8:49 pm

Neoform is a very curious brand... And one of the heaviest and most fragile! Most of their molds are replicas of Lineol and Elastolin molds, but this is not the case of the anteater... One of the features that strikes me most about Neoform is the very strident painting of their figures. Undoubtedly, after Chialù, one of the most bizarre! I love it!
Roger, don't miss the character of Lafredo's anteater either!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 10:24 am

Stripedhyena wrote:
Neoform is a very curious brand... And one of the heaviest and most fragile! Most of their molds are replicas of Lineol and Elastolin molds, but this is not the case of the anteater... One of the features that strikes me most about Neoform is the very strident painting of their figures. Undoubtedly, after Chialù, one of the most bizarre! I love it!
Roger, don't miss the character of Lafredo's anteater either!

Sure, it is surely in my plans. :)

PostSubject: Re: The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou   The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou Empty

Back to top Go down

The Neoform Giant anteater: A walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 1