Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari TOOB quality deceasing?

Go down 
+2
Roger
endogenylove
6 posters
AuthorMessage
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

Safari TOOB quality deceasing? Empty
PostSubject: Safari TOOB quality deceasing?   Safari TOOB quality deceasing? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2021 10:26 pm

I received today a copy of the Primates TOOB from Safari, and I am absolutely disappointed by what I got. I will post pictures here later for proof, but for the moment, a brief summary:
The paint on nearly all of the models is just a worse version of the paint that I have seen on TAI and by some users on here.
The bonobo, gibbons, macaque, and proboscis monkey are the least noticeable, just with slightly shoddier paint jobs. The howler monkey has no printed eyes, but is otherwise much the same. The emperor tamarin looks okay, except the mouth has been printed in the wrong spot. Every single figure in this TOOB has at least one, but usually more, spot of random paint that seems to have fallen on them accidentally. Some are quite noticeable and distracting.
The other smaller monkeys and sifaka are the largest disappointments. The sifaka plastic seems to be flimsier than the rest, and it will not stand. It's not even bent. The plastic just doesn't seem able to support itself. The paint is a mess, and the entire figure seems to have been washed over in some musty pale grey that taints the whites and browns alike. One of the eyes is painted in the wrong place. It also falls victim to probably the most random paint splashing of any figure.
The common marmoset lacks any of the elegance that might have once been in its painting. Plain white tufts with ugly grey on the inside, overprinted and large eyes, totally un-blended white dot on the head. It also has many paint splotches.
The worst of them all is the red-handed tamarin. The grey face the model previously had is totally missing. Instead, huge, misprinted eyes cover the face. They are incredibly distracting and not at all something I would expect from a company like safari.

My two main reasons for writing this post are as follows:
1. To ask if this is a recurring theme with Safari's recent TOOBS. A month or so ago, I got the backyard birds and great lakes TOOBs, and the great lakes TOOB was painted just as well as every example I have ever seen. The birds were perhaps a little sloppy, but nothing like this. I would rather know that I somehow ended up with a horrible version of a great TOOB than know that this has become a trend.
2. To warn other people thinking about purchasing this TOOB that the quality may be nothing like you'd expect.

I don't mind figures with bad paintjobs all that much. It is simply the fact that this is Safari, and that previous examples of this TOOB look much nicer than mine, that is upsetting. Of course I will still be keeping the figures I needed, but I'm more than a bit disappointed. Feel free to let me know if I'm overreacting Wink Again, pictures will be posted later tonight.

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari TOOB quality deceasing?   Safari TOOB quality deceasing? EmptyFri Nov 05, 2021 12:52 am

Even without seeing pictures, your disapointment is obvious and apparently you have a lot of reasons to be like that. Try to contact Safari directly and report how poorly painted are your figures, they are not having their best finantial time but I am sure they will reply to you.
I only have the Great Lakes TOOB and it is of a very good quality.

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Safari TOOB quality deceasing?   Safari TOOB quality deceasing? EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 10:08 am

Unfortunately, if you’re going to get a Safari toob, it needs to be an early run of it. I have the first dolphins toob and the quality of these figures is superior to a later version of the same set. Quality decreases with time at Safari unfortunately.

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Gecko08

Gecko08

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Safari TOOB quality deceasing?   Safari TOOB quality deceasing? EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 8:26 pm

This is a very unfortunate scenario. I just bought a new Sinornithosaurus (from the feathered dinosaurs tube) from Etsy and I’m going to update here when I get it.

Back to top Go down
Birdsage

Birdsage

Country/State : United States/Texas

PostSubject: Re: Safari TOOB quality deceasing?   Safari TOOB quality deceasing? EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 8:37 pm

I do know that the humans were removed from the Arctic, Desert, Down Under, and Alligators Alive TOOBs all at once. Additionally, the extra ibis and macaw were removed from the Exotic Birds TOOB, and the color schemes of the figures in the Venomous Animals, Exotic Birds, Desert, and Feathered Dinosaurs TOOBs were simplified. I should note that some details present in marketing photos of a few figures in recent TOOBs are missing. Some of the fins on the Yellowfin Tuna are not yellow as the pictures suggest, and the red-brown “mantle” of the Howler Monkey is missing, making it unrecognizable as any species. Hopefully, the Great Lakes, South African, and South American TOOBs are not subject to this downgrading.
Back to top Go down
Koikinguu

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Safari TOOB quality deceasing?   Safari TOOB quality deceasing? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 12:48 pm

All toons got repaints on 2016
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari TOOB quality deceasing?   Safari TOOB quality deceasing? EmptyFri Mar 04, 2022 1:08 pm

Koikinguu wrote:
All toons got repaints on 2016

Very interesting, maybe they moved to a different factory?
By the way, welcome on forum! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Safari TOOB quality deceasing?   Safari TOOB quality deceasing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari TOOB quality deceasing?
Page 1 of 1