Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Access 3D Pictorial Books

Go down 
+2
Roger
rogerpgvg
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

The Access 3D Pictorial Books Empty
PostSubject: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 6:31 pm

I have a box of marine mammals marked with "S.H.". I got it in Japan, hence the Japanese text.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The animals are remarkably similar to those in the Colorata Marine Mammals box:

First, all species in the S.H. box are also in the Colorata box (but in addition, the Colorata box contains a manatee, a Pacific white-sided dolphin and a Steller's sea lion). Second, many figures are very similar, though not exact copies. Let's do a comparison (Colorata on the left, S.H. on the right).

Walrus, very similar:

Spotted seal, different texture, but very similar sculpt:

Californian sea lion, not so similar:

Bottlenose dolphin, very similar:

Commerson's dolphin, very similar:

Killer whale, a bit similar:

Dugong, quite similar:

Beluga whale, very similar:

Blue whale, very similar:

Sea otter, very similar:
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 8:27 pm

This is a Colorata set too. Probably S.H. manufactured the figures and they are sold as Colorata.
How lucky you are that your killer whales are male and female!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 8:46 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
I have a box of marine mammals marked with "S.H.". I got it in Japan, hence the Japanese text.

I know this pictorial book. I have one with saltwater fishes

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 9:48 pm

Why do you think it's a Colorata set, Rogério? The saltwater fish box sounds interesting, I've never seen it.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 9:52 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Why do you think it's a Colorata set, Rogério? The saltwater fish box sounds interesting, I've never seen it.

When I use a barcode reader in this card, it reads it is a Colorata 3d pictorial book. Isn't it the card of the S.H. marked figures?

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 10:57 pm

You are a real detective! It's the back side of the box. It's strange that Colorata isn't mentioned on either the box or the figures (Colorata is カロラータ in Japanese). Perhaps Colorata wanted to sell cheaper-looking figures, but they didn't want to damage their reputation or it just didn't fit in with the rest of their range? And was the 3D box first or was the real Colorata box first? It's intriguing.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyFri Dec 17, 2021 11:54 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
You are a real detective! It's the back side of the box. It's strange that Colorata isn't mentioned on either the box or the figures (Colorata is カロラータ in Japanese). Perhaps Colorata wanted to sell cheaper-looking figures, but they didn't want to damage their reputation or it just didn't fit in with the rest of their range? And was the 3D box first or was the real Colorata box first? It's intriguing.

I really don't know. Laughing I will try to figure it out but I suspect you are on the right way.
That's what this barcode translates to:
Colorata 3D Pictorial Book Nori Sea Mammal Stereobook Japan Import

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptySat Dec 18, 2021 10:14 am

Here is mine

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptySat Dec 18, 2021 12:16 pm

Here is one with bugs. Laughing
This page tells the brand is The Access just like Andreas obtained the information from his source.
Now, it is a kind of mistery the barcode tells it as Colorata. Laughing

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptySat Dec 18, 2021 6:58 pm

Good to see the saltwater fish and bugs. My box also says The Access; I hadn't thought of it as the brand name. It seems likely that Shing Hing made them for Colorata, which sold them under the name The Access to distinguish them from real Coloratas.

Colorata figures are made in China. Given the similarity in the sculpting, plastic and paint between The Access and real Coloratas, it makes me think that Shing Hing also produces the real Coloratas.

Under which company should I list this box on TAW? Shing Hing, Colorata or The Access?

Here is a large beetle by The Access. Does the barcode also say Colorata?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptySat Dec 18, 2021 8:16 pm

My app does not recognize this barcode but Google redirects me to The Acess sales of this set.

Here is the name "The Access" in Japanese

ザ・アクセス

Here is their website:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They are a manufacturer of aquarium themed toys and souvenirs.
However, they work in several tentacles of this business and they cooperate with lots of entities.

"three-dimensional picture book series" is a The Access series

The cards are clearly branded as The Access and I can't see anything about Colorata, not even their butterfly logo.

Though, I don't understand why the barcode reads Colorata and we can't ignore the similarities with the Colorata models as you demonstrated.

Card mentions those figures are manufactured in China, likely S.H. factory, they're actually an important manufacturer that produces for all continents.

I'd list them on TAW as The Access. If we find they are Colorata, it won't be hard to move the pages, I can do it myself.

Their last set of this series is a dinosaur themed one.

Here a set of 7 jellyfish (moon jellies) made of silicone

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptySun Dec 19, 2021 9:41 am

Wow, nice jellyfishes

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptySun Dec 19, 2021 6:03 pm

The jellyfish look very attractive. It is clear now that The Access is a toy brand name which sells/sold several of these boxes. The marine mammals box may just have been a collaboration with Colorata, and who knows, perhaps this had to be acknowledged in the bar code. My earlier conclusion that S.H. produces for Colorata was probably premature.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptySun Dec 19, 2021 8:54 pm

That's the only barcode that reads Colorata. It is all quite strange. Does this set looks like any Colorata box?

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyMon Dec 20, 2021 4:27 am

Wow- I'd love the jellies set, and that saltwater one is interesting.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyMon Dec 20, 2021 8:33 am

Roger wrote:
That's the only barcode that reads Colorata. It is all quite strange. Does this set looks like any Colorata box?

Not really. Some figures are the only figures of that specie. The humphead wrasse is much smaller. The others i will look.

Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyMon Dec 20, 2021 7:12 pm

Are the figures in your sea creatures box also marked S.H., Andreas?

widukind

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyMon Dec 20, 2021 7:25 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Are the figures in your sea creatures box also marked S.H., Andreas?

Will look too

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 9:27 pm

I am just seeing this thread. I have two set of Access beetles from 2018. They were a specieal release only at one museum in Japan.

The jellyfish are very nice!
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 2:25 pm

The jellyfish can be bought here https://aquasgift.stores.jp/items/6135b169edf49f637bbebd7c and here https://accesstoy.base.shop/items/50721176

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 2:38 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
The jellyfish can be bought here https://aquasgift.stores.jp/items/6135b169edf49f637bbebd7c and here https://accesstoy.base.shop/items/50721176

Great! It is really unexpensive and I like the fact those are made to reproduce a realistic tactile experience. A clever use to give to silicone and TPR that are much cheaper materials.
I have no idea with shipping and customs taxes what could be the final price for this set or I'd surely want to get one. I'd love to know if someone is getting one of these. Very Happy

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 4:30 am

Same here. Do they ship international even? I was only able to get the second link to open. Perhaps they can be gotten via Brett? I see Amazon had them, but is sold out.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 9:33 am

Roger wrote:
I like the fact those are made to reproduce a realistic tactile experience.

Do you mean these figures have cnidocistes that will sting you if you touch the jellies? Razz

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 9:56 am

You'll have to buy them to find out Very Happy. Yes, I think Brett is probably your best bet. They are cheap (most Japanese figures are), but to get them into your hands, you'll have to pay considerably more.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books EmptyThu Dec 30, 2021 11:47 am

Pardofelis wrote:
Roger wrote:
I like the fact those are made to reproduce a realistic tactile experience.

Do you mean these figures have cnidocistes that will sting you if you touch the jellies? Razz

lol! It could be an unforgetable experience! affraid Actually, this kind of creatures were common sights during my childhood, I still remember seeing beaches covered with them, I can't be sure but maybe Catostylus tagi - in a fisher's land, we learn early to not touch them. Also, I am a Portuguese man of war, I am not afraid. Wink

rogerpgvg wrote:
You'll have to buy them to find out Very Happy. Yes, I think Brett is probably your best bet. They are cheap (most Japanese figures are), but to get them into your hands, you'll have to pay considerably more.

Yes, I should know it already. We get excited when we convert it to Euros but unfortunately that's only the tip of the iceberg. Sad

PostSubject: Re: The Access 3D Pictorial Books   The Access 3D Pictorial Books Empty

Back to top Go down

The Access 3D Pictorial Books
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next