Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25

Go down 
+34
Balaenoptera
rogerpgvg
Taos
Kikimalou
Joliezac
sunny
Jill
Roger
Caracal
widukind
Saien
Mitsukuni
MartinH
75senta75
Chris Sweetman
Shanti
SUSANNE
George
Loon
Birdsage
costicuba
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
Stripedhyena
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Farm collector
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
A-J
Advicot
Bonnie
Ana
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 5:48 pm

Kikimalou wrote:

Last but not least, a family portrait
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

congratulations on your new family! they all look great!
the cormorant is very well made, and I love the lobster, it has great colouration on it's claws and alligator is excellent but scary! I am glad it is only that small size and not any bigger Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 8:33 pm

Very good choices with these Papo I have too, these CollectA zebra and chameleon that I don't have and this beautiful Bully military macaw. cheers cheers

Could you post this latter with Schleich and Papo others for size comparisons please?
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 13, 2023 9:01 pm

Amazing models again! cheers cheers Applause Applause

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 12:57 am

So many really nice additions in the last few pages, and such a wide variety. The antique composition figures are really wonderful, but I believe these two are my favorites:

Quote :

It's also wonderful to see all the many reptile and amphibians figures. They are all so lifelike and beautifully done. If space and money allowed, I think this would be where my collection would branch into larger figures, all of these beautiful herptiles. Congrats on many great additions!
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 18, 2023 1:57 am

Beautiful new additions for your collection! congrats! cheers

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 7:07 pm

Thank you all cheers A few words to tell you that I'm a little better, I'm still far from being in great shape but the situation is not hopeless Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I will make a comparison topic between the Mojö and Papo Alligators. Wink The CollectA seems fine too but it means one more alligator to buy and one place for it. I thought I could avoid the expense but of course, since you remind me of it, this damn creature will come to haunt me until I add it to my backwater. Laughing
Indeed papo is better with birds and squirrels than with pumas... It's a shame from a brand whose reputation is built in part on the superior quality of its felines.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]" Goofy-looking puma was the only possible for a 1/18 shelf and since Pumas are for me the weirdest big cats and the models too, which is confirmed to me each time by the cougar page of TAW cyclops

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: The Loch Ness Monster is related to too much Lagavulin drunken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm glad the Papo elephant addiction is spreading around, I don't want to be alone Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm very happy you enjoyed the BF croc and CBG hyena, vintage stuff are so sharming to my eyes. Beware of the amphibians and reptiles, they are very addictive citizens, a few years ago I wanted to treat myself to just a few... Since then it's been an invasion tongue

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I don't have the Papo macaw, too weird for me but here is a pic with the 4D Master (1/5) and Schleich (1/10)

Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 7:15 pm

I love you Oh! wonderful picture! Thank you Christophe! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 8:11 pm

Wonderful Macaws!!!

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 10:50 pm

I'm happy you're getting better, and things are looking up. You probably don't need the CollectA alligator since you have other options, and there's no need to rush the comparison discussion. I'm here for you whenever you're ready. :)

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 6:38 pm

A new month has just passed and it has not only brought me health problems. My collection is still undergoing a slimming cure but I must admit that it is not a success, what says goodbye on one side is very quickly replaced by what goes in. As one of my acquaintances said: "I don't understand! I can't lose weight! And yet I eat constantly!”  Laughing

So what's on the menu?

Let's start with a small batch of figurines sent to me by Roger(vgp): Two Bandai gorillas, a Kaiyodo Black-and-white ruffed lemur, a zebra Kaiyodo, a Jeol lion, a Preiser Reindeer and a Nayab Otter-civet.
The first two are only half new, I had these models at the time but I had sent them to a monkey collector  monkey  Palmface during one of my slimming treatments. I'm glad they're back, the gorillas brighten up my 1/35 jungle and the lemur has made friends on the 1/25th floor.
The zebra is a little marvel that makes everyone jealous with its striped pyjamas in my 1/30 savannah.
The lion leans a little sideways but it is very beautiful, it joined the clan of "Plastic vintage".
After a lick of paint, a makeover as they say, the Reindeer will join the 1/25 tundra as a Peary caribou and the otter-civet will stretch its little legs in the 1/15 Asia.

Thanks to our friend Wildheart, I finally got my hands on a K&M Kit fox.
I'm not a big fan of K&M, so my collection is very small, with this last newbie, it will have 5 members. Still, it is a must-have for me, the only one of its kind and rather pretty.

Since discovering his review on ATB, I decided to adopt a Safari Ltd Bonytail chub. Thanks to the great kindness of Blaine, it now splashes in my 1/4 pond.

2021 has been a great year for Bullyland, after a long silence, the brand released some gems including this Blue-ringed octopus. This animal is not so rare in the kingdom of toys but it is the first time that a model convinces me to adopt it, to be honest it dazzles me. All I have to do is get my hands on this damn Peacock poison dart frog which according to TAW would have appeared in 2021 and withdrawn from sale in 2018...  scratch
In the meantime my little octopus offers its poison in my 1/1 octopus garden.

Let's leave our sad world and go to the past (it was better before  Laughing ). A little detour through prehistory will not hurt anyone. I couldn't resist the charms of the latest CollectA, two charming PNSOs and an immaculate GK model.
So there is a Hadrosaurus (1/50), a Shatasaurus (1/72) and a Brightoneus (1/50) from CollectA. Regarding the first two, those who want to know more will find walkarounds [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
The gang was joined by the swimming Spinosaurus (1/35) of which I intend to present some photos soon.  Sleep

Less recent but worthy of interest, I adopted an Amargasaurus (1/30) and a Keichousaurus (1/1.5). The first also had a walkaround [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

In the end I could not resist the colossal charm of GK Embolotherium. After a stint in painting, he will show off on the 1/35 shelf in the middle of the big guys from Eofauna.  Laughing

Finally the youngest, let me tell you the story of a Sea lioness in composition and why she joined me by bad luck.
Some time ago I had spotted on eBay a sale with a polar bear and an Indian rhino which reminded me of something but which I did not have, I quickly bid because I was having radiological examinations at the time of the outcome. To save shipping costs, I also bid on another auction, a small Sea Lioness which I didn't need but hey, when you want to save money...
When I left my meeting I had lost the Rhinoceros auction but won the Sea lioness.
So I paid full shipping costs for a model that I would have done without.  Palmface
And then she arrived, she was a little Durso, a Belgian brand that I love and my other palmipedes in composition have decided to make room for it on their beach. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how a collection can grow despite you

I leave you with the portrait of the arrivals. Tell me if you like it, whether or not I make it a tradition.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 7:07 pm

These are all wonderful, Christophe!!
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 7:11 pm

More wonderful additions! Congratulation on the kit fox, it is very difficult to find, right? It's very nice and larger than I expected. I thought it was a toob-size model. I think the portrait at the end is very nice, in part because of the chance to see them in scale. :) The sea lion is wonderful even if she was an accident--maybe a happy accident, in the end. Too bad about the other auction, though!
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 7:48 pm

Beautiful new additions!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 8:11 pm

I surely like the whole batch photography. It is very useful to show sizes, now Jill is convinced the kit fox is huge. Laughing
I'd say it is perfect size since it works nicely with the major brand figures but it is also tube sized. Kit foxes are very small creatures. I can't recall who identified it as a kit fox first once it was marketed as a desert fox but who did it made a good job identifying it. We could think it was supposed to be a fennec but it is a kit fox. In which scale shelf will you use it, Christophe?
I love the sea lion with her charming lemur eyes. sunny
Looking forward to see your unpainted friend joining the Eofauna models. bounce

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 9:15 pm

The kit fox is very charming! It looks like the new seal is very happy that it has managed to join your other seals. Sometimes figures find us rather than that we find them. The last photo with all your new additions is great, it shows how diverse your collection and taste is. A very colourful bunch too.

Jill

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 9:19 pm

Roger wrote:
I surely like the whole batch photography. It is very useful to show sizes, now Jill is convinced the kit fox is huge. Laughing
I'd say it is perfect size since it works nicely with the major brand figures but it is also tube sized.  
Maybe it is the size of the prehistoric figures here I am misjudging. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 9:41 pm

Wonderful additions and the group of pinnipeds look amazing!

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 10:32 pm

Each and every one, a GEM. Congratulations Kiki!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 11:15 pm

Wonderful dinos, gorillas, zebra, reindeer, fish, pinnipeds.. cheers cheers drunken

Which brand is the plesiosaurus please?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 12:27 am

Jill wrote:
Roger wrote:
I'd say it is perfect size since it works nicely with the major brand figures but it is also tube sized.  
Maybe it is the size of the prehistoric figures here I am misjudging. Laughing

Laughing It is at a much bigger scale than the prehistoric models for sure.
I hope Kiki allows me to share one of my pictures here where you can see the kit fox, the intruder next to the CollectA fennec, there's a much larger copy of the CollectA model behind, ignore it. Here you can see how it scales with several fennec foxes.

landrover

Country/State : colombia

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 12:38 am

Very nice dinosaurs and beautiful zebra. cheers

Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 1:05 am

Roger wrote:

Laughing It is at a much bigger scale than the prehistoric models for sure.
I hope Kiki allows me to share one of my pictures here where you can see the kit fox, the intruder next to the CollectA fennec, there's a much larger copy of the CollectA model behind, ignore it. Here you can see how it scales with several fennec foxes.
Thank you, that helps a lot! I am most familiar with the Yowie fennec (only one I have), and that tells me it is actually the size I originally thought it was. Full circle! Laughing
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 6:29 am

Big congratulations, especially for the Kit fox

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 8:08 am

A big thank you to all, one of the greatest pleasures in the art of collecting is to share your passion, life would have less taste without you all (my shelves would also be less crowded and my bank account less empty  Laughing ).

Alain, the "Plesiosaurus" isn't a plesiosaur, it is a Keichousaurus and it belongs to the Pachypleurosauria order, they were small aquatic reptiles that all lived and died out in the Triassic. Keichousaurus were very small animals, ranging from 12 to 16cm in snout–vent length. This mean the PNSO model is 1/1.5 scale Shocked

Rogério, about the Kit fox, I have a problem: it's scale is between 1/10 and 1/12, 1/12 is really for big big Kit fox. I would like to include this figure in my 1/10 collection to show how small this fox is. Unfortunately, I don't have any animals from North America at this scale yet, but they are 8 in 1/12 scale so he will live with his friends as a big beefy Kit fox.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 17, 2023 9:22 am

So little!.. I thought it was a kind of Plesiosaurus ancestry yet not well specialised!..

Thank you Christophe! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25
Page 9 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next