Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25

Go down 
+34
Balaenoptera
rogerpgvg
Taos
Kikimalou
Joliezac
sunny
Jill
Roger
Caracal
widukind
Saien
Mitsukuni
MartinH
75senta75
Chris Sweetman
Shanti
SUSANNE
George
Loon
Birdsage
costicuba
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
Stripedhyena
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Farm collector
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
A-J
Advicot
Bonnie
Ana
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 6:30 pm

I hope you already have the Papo one! :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 6:50 pm

Yes, of course, I've had Papo since 2010, so it's as old as STS. affraid
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 9:52 pm

It's always useful to have a look at the retiring figures to make sure that you didn't miss any. The Sumatran rhino and the babirusa both look great, not to be missed. The Pech elk (isn't it a moose?) is in a great condition. What kind of plastic is it made of? I am curious for what scale you use the Papo elephant calf. The same scale as your standard-sized elephants?

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptyFri Feb 16, 2024 10:17 pm

You are right Roger, the Pech elk is a moose of course, where was my mind Palmface

The material is what Spanish call Goma, it is soft as a Britains ltd, maybe even a bit softer.

I don't calculate yet the Papo young elephant scale. What's your point on young elephant size ?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 12:17 am

Well, when I saw you calling it an elk I thought you were using the "British" name for moose. Though, we avoid it because of the wapiti which we prefer to call elk and let the moose name to the Alces alces.
About the goma material, it is the word for rubber though I'm convinced Spanish use it inaccurately to softer pvc. It is like calling monkey to a gorilla, it is not correct but the word is popularly used in a wrong way. It is one of these words used in everyday conversation.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 5:46 am

I even thnk I had in mind the German Elch when I wrote my post Laughing

About Goma, I suspected your explanation and it is clear for me now. We wouldn't use "Caoutchouc" (Goma) in French to name plastic.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptySat Feb 17, 2024 9:14 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
I don't calculate yet the Papo young elephant scale. What's your point on young elephant size ?

My feeling is that the standard-sized elephant calves aren't to scale with the adult elephants. They look too young for their size. That's why I wondered what you'd do with it. It's quite subjective and of course I use the adults and calves for the same 1/32 scale.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 11:25 am

rogerpgvg wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:

My feeling is that the standard-sized elephant calves aren't to scale with the adult elephants. They look too young for their size. That's why I wondered what you'd do with it. It's quite subjective and of course I use the adults and calves for the same 1/32 scale.

My problem is the age,this one has tusks so it might be 1 to 3 years old, what is the size of a 1 to 3 years old African elephant ? I would say between 1 and 1m60 maybe ? A great mystery...
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 5:46 pm

Yes, that's about right. Graphs in Shrader et al. (2006) suggest 120-170 cm for a 3 year old. Female African elephants at the top and males at the bottom.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 6:16 pm

I would say 1m70 for a five years old elephant, so around 1m50 would be fine, I suppose it is the eight at shoulders ? If so, it could be fine at 1/25.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 6:27 pm

Yes, the y-axis says shoulder height Wink. 1/25 scale seems reasonable; it looks a bit too young for 1/32 scale.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptySun Feb 25, 2024 6:29 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Yes, the y-axis says shoulder height Wink. 1/25 scale seems reasonable; it looks a bit too young for 1/32 scale.

6cm at shoulders Very Happy  and I agree, it isn't enough mature to be a 1m90 elephant
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptyMon Feb 26, 2024 10:48 pm

Some beautiful new family members. I love the babirusa and plan to get him even though he is larger than I like (just as soon as Safari releases the everglades toob and I can ship them altogether).

I love the old moose especially also, what a magnificently styled set of antlers!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 5:20 pm

Pech Hermanos is indeed a great brand with a great moose to show. What still intrigues me is that Pech copied some Clairet and Jim while his own creations were fantastic.

I decided to add the Babirusa before it would be retired, I'm happy he found a "friend" on my shelves. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptyThu Feb 29, 2024 9:32 pm

they look wonderful together Christophe!

I really love these animals and their amazing horns.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 1:08 am

Beautiful, I love babirusas, I wished it was popular as a toy as pandas are. Laughing

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 9:09 am

A great pair indeed Very Happy I like very much babirusas but I will be happy to see some Giant forest hogs or more Red river ones, and Barbed too drunken
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 8:23 pm

They fit very well together! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 5:54 pm

February was very rainy, too rainy except for snails and frogs I guess, but fortunately a few little gems brightened up a corner of my umbrella.

Let's start with the latest models, with the Safari Ltd IC Tuatara brightening up my 1/3 shelf. Up until now, I've only had the little Colorata for this species, and it's been asking for a big brother for a while now.

At the same time, I unearthed a very nice AAA hermit crab. I love her beautiful eyes

And then I also welcomed the Papo impala, a model that I had shunned for a long time because I already had the Tree House kids, yada yada, and then I thought it would be an excellent recruit for my 1/15 savannah.

In the vintage department, a little celluloid bison has arrived. This material was one of the first 'plastics' used in the toy industry, particularly for dolls. Too fragile and highly flammable, it eventually disappeared. There are nevertheless some very interesting animal series.
This one is French, produced by the Société Industrielle de Celluloïd (SIC) company.

In the composition department, I can introduce you to a Hausser elastolin lion from the 50s, whose name I'm still trying to decide between Kiss and Joker. Laughing

The most beautiful piece in the batch is undoubtedly Lineol's majestic charging elephant. A walkaround is available [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I got three Lineol and Pfeiffer models from Jean-Louis, a great collector from Marseilles.  cheers

First, the Lineol III Hippo baby, produced from 1932 to 1940

A resplendent Lineol IV Crocodile in mint state. I already had one but mine has some default and the painting rougher than this gem.

A Pfeiffer Dromedary from the 1950s. I already own one but the paint and finish are very different between the two brothers.

I've also been offered an excellent Chamois from an unknown brand? It has a very Erzgebirge touch

Finally, there are also two felines in composition of unknown brands. A lion and a Tiger

The February family portrait  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 6:25 pm

Wonderful additions! Especially the hermit crab! I think it is a lovely model too.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2024 8:25 pm

Nice to know the impala is a 1:15 figure. I never measured so I was convinced it was too large. My model has a broken horn, I must find another or try to fix it.
I love the G3 hippo and the G4 crocodile.
When brands are unknown for you, who will find it out? Wink

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 12:22 am

Wow! monumental Lineol elephant here! cheers cheers drunken but vey beautiful dromedaries, croc and bison to! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 2:06 am

Wow wow wow, the tuatara, the hermit crab, the crocodile, the chamois! All of them are wonderful figures but those four are really the stand outs to me. I love you
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 11:48 am

I really love the mix of figures my friend

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 12:39 pm

Five collectors, five different favs Laughing

Thank you all for liking my new babies Very Happy

Rogério, when brands are unknown for me, there is sometimes people who know and teach me something Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25
Page 17 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18  Next