Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25

Go down 
+34
Balaenoptera
rogerpgvg
Taos
Kikimalou
Joliezac
sunny
Jill
Roger
Caracal
widukind
Saien
Mitsukuni
MartinH
75senta75
Chris Sweetman
Shanti
SUSANNE
George
Loon
Birdsage
costicuba
Duck-Anch-Amun
spacelab
Stripedhyena
landrover
lucky luke
Saarlooswolfhound
Farm collector
Pardofelis
bmathison1972
A-J
Advicot
Bonnie
Ana
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptySun Dec 31, 2023 10:50 pm

Wow, amazing collection! Shocked cheers Applause

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 12:36 am

Kikimalou wrote:

Finding 87 vintage animals, in good condition and at an acceptable price, is an entirely different sport. I'm even impressed with the 2023 crop.

What a superb collection of figures Christophe! These group photos are just wonderful to look at, and it's a super way to catalogue your collection visually, if only for the latest additions to it.

I commend your resolve in amassing 87 vintage animals! So many of them are new to me, and every time I visit your thread I learn more and more. Your knowledge on all these very old brands is amazing. Not to mention how beautiful and adorable many of them are, filled with charm and uniqueness that modern figures cannot match.

I think your taste in collecting is very unique - you have incredible vintage/antique models alongside the most recent super detailed very realistic Japanese figures - and you love them all. It is really very exciting to see this type of eclectic mix and they all go together very nicely! Congratulations on such a joyful collecting year :) cheers flower
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 1:24 am

Interesting statistics about your collection and what a nice way to catalogue them with monthly pictures. I'm not a branded guy Laughing just a random made in Portugal but i like to see the number of different brands which is quite impressive and the top 5 of brands is also cool. Papo and CollectA also play an important role in my collection these days but I wouldn't be surprised if the brand number 1 of 2023 in my collection was K&M since Paige bombarded me with a good number of them. Laughing

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptyMon Jan 01, 2024 1:41 am

Your November and December additions are spectacular! I love the Jeol hyena the most, but also that Kienel tiger with its smirk and the lovely string tailed family. What a delight that giraffe is! The Petitcollin boars look like they have walked off a tapestry, really lovely. And as little interest as I have in prehistoric figures for my own collection, I must say the ones you chose are so impressive. I love your collection tastes and your photography really does them credit and makes them feel like museum exhibits.

And what an impressive year of collecting! The diversity of style is really fun to experience. You have chosen some of the most alive and realistic looking figures as well as some of the most artistic and stylized, but all of them obviously curated very specifically. What are those polar animals from September? That husky is really charming, I like him very much.
Back to top Go down
rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2024 2:23 pm

Congratulations on your 2023 collection, it's magnificent! Great variety of styles, species and brands, while at the same time, each individual figure is very special.

Tiermann

Country/State : Oregon, USA

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2024 9:48 pm

Wonderful additions for the year Christophe. You are so much better organized than I am. I have been having trouble just keeping up with my Playmobil animal collecting this last year. I greatly admire your wonderful vintage additions, the charm of the old survivors is always special. Wishing you the happiest of new years!

Animobil.info Playmobil Animals
Back to top Go down
http://www.animobil.info
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2024 12:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you and good uck for the birds Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If there is a AA for Aniaml collectors it's a place I wouldn't want to set foot in. I've officialy run out of space several times in my collector's life but it doesn't upset me so much, having to take stock of the models that really count is a valuable exercise if you don't want to go beyond the neurotic stage. affraid
The Bandai "diversity of life" are really addictive, I'm going to try and stick to Bandai DoL Minis sets in future.
Giving up your dogs and sharks to make room is a difficult moment. Nevertheless I sometimes think that the real freedom lies in being able to choose the size of your enclosure. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Please don't go the AA, I'm addicted to blue pics Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you my friend Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you for your nice words cheers
Sharing what I've learned over 20 years of dedicated collecting is as important to me as the collection itself. The realm of our hobby is wider than I first imagined and there is so much Terra incognita to explore.
It fills me with joy every time I touch the heart of a young collector with my little animals, and I hope to open windows, and why not doors, onto lost or unknown brands, onto less conventional toys. Above all, I hope to be able to help people appreciate the beauty and charm of so many models that are ignored by most collectors.
Knowing that you're happy about this warms my heart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laughing No K&M for me in 2023 but I'm glad Paige has rewarded your bad habits Laughing Laughing Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] The Kienel tiger is agood surprise for me and the lovely string tailed family too. Those aren't on the realistic side of the hobby but they help for sure to understand what Animal toys and childhood magic mean.
The Petitcollin boars look like they have walked off a tapestry ? You put words to my thoughts. cheers
I wish I will please you again with amazing prehistoric figures picsand open new room in my museum in 2024. farao
The Bears are a gift from a French collector from Dunkerque. You can read the story [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you for them Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Happy new year to you too Tim santa It wuld be cool if you could show your Playmobil,additions on STS,  in fact all your other additions too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptySat Jan 06, 2024 11:59 am

Good choice in 2023

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 6:26 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
So it seems the Pygmy spiny-tailed skink has got two new members 👍
Alain, I can’t wait to see some koolasuchus pics from your Cretaceous Languedoc 🤗

Mine arrived me today. A really wonderful figure sadly without a label. A new era by made in China figures.

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptyTue Jan 09, 2024 8:39 pm

widukind wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
So it seems the Pygmy spiny-tailed skink has got two new members 👍
Alain, I can’t wait to see some koolasuchus pics from your Cretaceous Languedoc 🤗

Mine arrived me today. A really wonderful figure sadly without a label. A new era by made in China figures.

Great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leyster

Country/State : Italy

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 7:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] congratulations for your acquisitions, expecially the PNSO Deinocheirus, which is truly a beauty!

"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptyMon Jan 15, 2024 10:39 pm

Leyster wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] congratulations for your acquisitions, expecially the PNSO Deinocheirus, which is truly a beauty!

I like very much the Deinocheirus of course but I must say the Therizinosaurus please me even more.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 9:20 am

11 February, it's high time to give some news from my jungle!
Let's open the ball with two CollectAs. I don't know why, but for a long time I shunned the Dama Gazelle, I thought she was too stiff and static and I couldn't see that she was also very beautiful. My mistake has now been put right. Very Happy
As for the Doedicurus, that's a different story. I used to own the Kaiyodo and the Safari Ltd, but during one of my weight loss programmes I let the Safari Ltd go. As for this species, my collection was perfectly synoptic... And then CollectA committed its model, goodbye good resolutions and one more beast on my wishlist. Laughing
It has just left my wishlist for my shelves, much to my delight.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I've also added the Papo elephant calf because it's really pretty and I'm fed up of noticing it when the models are no longer available.
As he didn't want to travel alone, I invited the Kiwi who was dreaming of joining the CollectA in my imaginary New Zealand. I'm already itching for a comparison topic...

As for Safari Ltd, the Babirusa and the Sumatran rhinoceros were lost somewhere on my wishlist and could have remained there for a long time when I learned of their forthcoming discontinuation. As I had been tricked into neglecting the Safari 161929 Berkshire Pig, I avoided making the same mistake again. Two purchases I don't regret.

For 2024 I decided to try four Schleich, this brand is not my favourite but I always find one or two interesting animals each year so 2024 is a good year for me, unfortunately the African buffalo was not available. So I brought in the Alpine ibex, the Armadillo and the Bonobo. I did some walkarounds [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] before Jolie did them before me! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I'm quite happy with the armadillo, even if it wags its tail a bit like a dog.
The Bonobo lady is wonderful.
As for the Ibex, the sculpture is very satisfying and fairly realistic, but the paintwork is not at all up to the level of the Schleich of yesteryear. The finish isn't great either, it's my first Schleich that can't stand on its own four feet.

I too have given in to the Toymany mania that has taken over STS. I bought the marsupials, the Koala tree is very nice but that's not what got me hooked. In those sizes I was happy with the Southlands Kangaroo, the Mojo and the Papo, so why clutter up my shelves with a Toymany? Have you seen the lying kangaroo? Come on Kiki, be unreasonable, buy it now! Done and done! Palmface

Of course, I also welcomed a few venerable antiques.
An impressive Pech Hermanos elk, born in 1956 in Barcelona and retired in 1968.

from Austria, some Pfeiffer: An orangutan that went into production in 1914. However, the model shown has a post-WWII painting. I was also lucky enough to capture two wild boars whose first appearance also dates from 1914, so mine probably date from the post-war years too. They're not exactly the same, and I'm not just talking about the paintwork - the one with the white eyes is a little 'slimmer' than the other.

As usual, January's family photo
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 10:02 am

Congratulations Christophe, Very Happy Applause cheers here are some fantastic new features. study
Yes, I also fell for this lying kangaroo, I already had a series of kaiyodo on a smaller scale! this one is perfect! drunken bounce
I see that you fell for the ibex and the schleich armadillo, I'm still hesitant, I have the old ones and there are so many good elements again this year affraid study scratch drunken
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 11:12 am

Merci Jean-Luc Very Happy

for the Schleich I understand your hesitation, IMHO the Armadillo is one step up but, for the Ibex, I would wait to see the new CollectA before deciding something.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 1:21 pm

Oh, I wasn't expecting you to be so hesitant about the Dama gazelle. It's true that it doesn't have the magic of the springbok, but in my opinion, it's a beautiful figure. That babirusa has also been lingering on my wishlist. With so much to acquire, I fear it may be lost forever.
I also love these kangaroos but I really have so many of them. Though I agree the lying one is fantastic.
That's surely a beautiful family photo, I would suggest you to make the plan local d'urbanism for Lille. Wink

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 5:03 pm

Wonderful additions,especially the Orang and the wild boar-great oldies!!

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 6:15 pm

Congratulations on your newest members Christophe!
how remarkable that figures made 100 years ago - antiques, have ones made today standing beside them, and yet they all fit seamlessly together in your collection!
Your photography is fantastic, love the lighting and the composition of your models as always:)

and I love the wild boars a lot!
are the 2 smaller kangaroos around 1/32nd scale perhaps??
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 6:26 pm

Nice additions! You photos are always among my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 10:11 pm

Thank you for your nice comments, I'm always pleased when my pics pleased you Very Happy

About the plan local d'urbanisme for Lille, no thanks, too much problems than pleasure  Laughing

Unfortunately the 2 smaller kangaroos are too big for 1/32nd scale.
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 11:42 pm

Shocked  How you, rhino fan, you had not yet this Sumatra one?.. confused

Many beautiful newcomers here especialy the old orang-outang and wild boars but also the bonobo, doedicurus, kangaroos, koalas.. cheers cheers

I did not get the Schleich buffalo because of its awful painting when I saw it.. but maybe later, I'll change my mind to increase my herd.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 1:27 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 8:15 am

Caracal wrote:
Shocked  How you, rhino fan, you had not yet this Sumatra one?.. confused

Many beautiful newcomers here especialy the old orang-outang and wild boars but also the bonobo, doedicurus, kangaroos, koalas.. cheers cheers

I did not get the Schleich buffalo because of its awful painting when I saw it.. but maybe later, I'll change my mind to increase my herd.

The reason is simple, in 2015 Joan Millelire produced this one and I bought it. In 2018, when Safari ltd produced theirs, I had other things to buy. It's the same with the Mojo Gaur, I had the chance to give my point of view to Anna when she created it and I own one of the prototypes which has a different pose. Due to lack of space at the time I didn't buy a second Gaur of that size.

Where did you find the new buffalo ? Here, it is nowhere to be seen.

widukind wrote:
Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers  Wink
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 10:15 am

Ok I understand better! Very Happy  

I found the Scheich new buffalo (and Bonobo, black bear, armadillo, ibex) in the "Joué club" here at Nîmes. I found it but not bought it because of its bad painting and also something wrong in the head sculpt..
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 EmptyWed Feb 14, 2024 5:08 pm

Ok, so maybe I will save money then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25   What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25 - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's new on Kikimalou's diplays ? Season 2 ! updated April 25
Page 16 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next