Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?

Go down 
+2
Roger
Jill
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

9 - CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?  Empty
PostSubject: CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?    9 - CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?  EmptySat 09 Jul 2022, 22:59

Thanks to Paige's keen ebay spotting, I have finally added a few of the elusive CP Toys "Kitty Cat Park" cats to my tiny cat collection. cheers They are most interesting to me because they are the same molds as the Play Visions and Club Earth sets, which started my collecting, and they are even stamped exactly the same way with the same numbers. So I am curious, does the same place make figures for all three? Do we know who manufactures Constructive Playthings toys? I am assuming Constructive Playthings and CP Toys are the same company, but I don't see either on TAW, so I assume they are not producing very many animal figures.

This is the original photo from the company of all 16 cats. There are two of each mold, but they do not have the Rex ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), the Burmese ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), the Abyssinian ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]), or the Persian ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). They have the Shorthair, Unmarked cat, Siamese, Manx, Somali, Himalayan, and Angora. It's funny to me that the unmarked cat is in every set, and always remains just 3 CHINA with no breed:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And here are my 5! Angora, Birman, Himalayan, Unmarked, and Manx. They are definitely less well painted than either of the other two sets, and the "Birman" is colored like a Turkish Van which I think is interesting. Anyway, I was very excited to find these and just curious what we know about the company that sold them!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?    9 - CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?  EmptySat 09 Jul 2022, 23:40

Constructive Playthings®, U.S. TOY® and CP Toys® are registered trademarks of U.S. TOY Co., Inc.
We can read more about them here.
I remember seeing their figures before but they're always those generic moulds we know with several brand names or sometimes even with the name of the store. Even as Play Visions minis, they belong to a kind of figures that does not bear any particular exclusivity. I can't explain it better. As you know, we sometimes list these figures in a certain brand page without being sure if they were sold by this brand or any other. Some universal molds are not easy to list in all their variations. though, if we are able of finding the differences and we have the exact branding, there's always a chance to upload them on TAW.
You're surely the best source because you're collecting all mini cat variations in this world. Laughing
Seriously, they're really very cute and it is so nice to see someone like you giving so much love t to these little models.

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?    9 - CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?  EmptySun 10 Jul 2022, 01:59

There used to be a US Toys physical store near me, and I remember seeing this set there- along with a dogs one. This was maybe 5 or 6 years ago?
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?    9 - CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?  EmptySun 10 Jul 2022, 06:52

Interesting catch

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?    9 - CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?  EmptySun 10 Jul 2022, 08:22

That yellow one is hilarious, even the cat next to him seems to be giving an odd look Laughing And the one in the middle of the row has another of those faces, one day you need to edit up a collage of all the best ones Very Happy

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?    9 - CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?  EmptySun 10 Jul 2022, 09:18

This is interesting, they're lovely little cats and I'm now wondering about the dog equivalent! study
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?    9 - CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?  EmptySun 10 Jul 2022, 17:38

Roger wrote:
Constructive Playthings®, U.S. TOY® and CP Toys® are registered trademarks of U.S. TOY Co., Inc.
We can read more about them here.
I remember seeing their figures before but they're always those generic moulds we know with several brand names or sometimes even with the name of the store. Even as Play Visions minis, they belong to a kind of figures that does not bear any particular exclusivity. I can't explain it better. As you know, we sometimes list these figures in a certain brand page without being sure if they were sold by this brand or any other. Some universal molds are not easy to list in all their variations. though, if we are able of finding the differences and we have the exact branding, there's always a chance to upload them on TAW.
You're surely the best source because you're collecting all mini cat variations in this world. Laughing
Seriously, they're really very cute and it is so nice to see someone like you giving so much love t to these little models.
Thank you for the information! Yes, they are very generic/universal and always have the same stamp, so I can see why they would be difficult to sort without in package information. This set, while there is package photos to help, has the same problem as the Kid Kore miniature horses. There are duplicates of the same breed/name, so there are two Birman and no way to distinguish them easily on TAW, I think. Maybe someday when that puzzle has been solved for the horses then these cats can also get listed.  Laughing

I do hope to someday have all the horrible little cats, hahaha.

pipsxlch wrote:
There used to be a US Toys physical store near me, and I remember seeing this set there- along with a dogs one. This was maybe 5 or 6 years ago?
Seems like it was selling on Amazon from around 2015-2019 (I just missed it, haha). I expected to see them show up in large random lots more, but so far this is the first time I have ever seen them.

George wrote:
That yellow one is hilarious, even the cat next to him seems to be giving an odd look Laughing And the one in the middle of the row has another of those faces, one day you need to edit up a collage of all the best ones Very Happy
They really do have horrible little faces.  Laughing A photoshoot of gremlin-faced figures would be excellent.

Bonnie wrote:
This is interesting, they're lovely little cats and I'm now wondering about the dog equivalent! study
The dog one seems to have been much more popular, I see some of those figures more often and it's still available for sale. Here it is!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?    9 - CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?  Empty

Back to top Go down

CP Toys/Constructive Playthings?
Page 1 of 1