Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations

Go down 
+4
Bonnie
Bowhead Whale
widukind
George
8 posters
AuthorMessage
George

George

Country/State : England

My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations Empty
PostSubject: My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations   My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations EmptyFri Aug 26, 2022 8:31 pm

I don't know if these have ever been featured on the forum before, or whether anyone else has any? They're a bit different to the usual kind of plastic models discussed here, but still just about fit within the limits of being animal figures rather than cartoonish toys.

They were made in the 1990s by this company, under the brand name 'My Beautiful Horses', and more recently the moulds have come back as a new range titled 'I Love Ponies' (possibly now by a different manufacturer?)
There's more information about the brand and its history on a blog post here (not mine, someone who knows a lot about them!)

Even though I wouldn't say I'm a collector, I've ended up with an improbable amount of their shetland ponies!

It started when a hobby friend of mine included one as a gift in a parcel of stuff I'd bought, just because I have a real life shetland and knowing I'm not averse to the more toy-type model horses, rather than only liking the super-realistic serious side of collecting. I remember being amused by how cute it was, and this little hollow plastic pony joined the miscellaneous shelf. Roll on a couple of years, and the same friend sent me two more, which had been in a mixed lot - she remembered how much I'd enjoyed the first one and sent them to join him. From then on, it became a sort of ongoing quest - any time one came up for sale in a colour which I hadn't already got, she'd set it aside to be sent my way next time I bought any models or leftover craft supplies. Lots of little stowaways over the years!

We're pretty sure I now have every colour they were ever made in Shocked Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sorry I can't supply any more details, or even examples of what the other breeds looked like - not a lot of use for Toy Animal Wiki when I only have loads of the same sculpt and no release info or dates for any of them, but I thought it was worth posting just in case anyone else happened across these little plastic horses and wondered what they are or where the brand came from.

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations   My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations EmptySat Aug 27, 2022 7:14 pm

Congratulations

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations   My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations EmptySat Aug 27, 2022 9:08 pm

They sure deserve to be on Toy Animal Wiki as well...
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations   My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 6:34 pm

This is a really interesting topic as models like these aren't documented as often as others on here! Very Happy Vivid Imaginations released quite a few dogs too I believe, but I'll have to check which ones! But if these were to be added to TAW I could see what I can dig out in the way of dogs by this brand! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations   My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations EmptyWed Aug 31, 2022 6:55 pm

This is a similar concept to Grand Champions and the fresh new Schleich series Beauty Horses is also not so different. Even the name of the series is almost the same.
I don't think I will list them now on TAW. Maybe the best is to use this topic to add more information and as soon as we get a comprehensive overview, we can start building a page for this series.
For now it is a Shetland hairy invasion . affraid Thanks for sharing.

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations   My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations EmptyThu Sep 01, 2022 6:15 pm

I hope the hair they use for the Schleich ones is a little bit easier to tame, as they seem to be marketed for kids who like hair styling, with accessories and braiding and so on. As you can see from the manes in these pictures, this nylon is so firm and springy it does exactly what it wants -which is mostly just stick out and refuse to be tidied Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations   My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations EmptyFri Sep 02, 2022 10:37 am

George wrote:
I hope the hair they use for the Schleich ones is a little bit easier to tame, as they seem to be marketed for kids who like hair styling, with accessories and braiding and so on. As you can see from the manes in these pictures, this nylon is so firm and springy it does exactly what it wants -which is mostly just stick out and refuse to be tidied Laughing

Laughing So those have no brushable hair? I'm sure the Schleich models won't get such a stubborn hair.
This reminds me one of my sisters when she decided to cut the long hair of a doll and it worked as long as the doll's hair was wet. Though, when it dried, the shortened hair turned into a crest and I remember how she was disappointed with her new Punk doll. affraid

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations   My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 9:20 am

They are ever so cute!
Roger is right, the name of the new Schleich "Beauty Horses" is almost the same.
I wonder if Schleich has had their legal department check, because "Beauty Horses" is a bit off, I think Laughing

Thankyou for introducing us to this colourful herd, and for the links and other info Very Happy

Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations   My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations EmptySat Sep 03, 2022 4:11 pm

Very cute looking Ponies! Very Happy Not sure if I would buy one but still they are cute! Thank you for showing! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations   My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations EmptySun Sep 11, 2022 8:21 pm

What a great little herd! The larger ones from the blog post really look like they were modeling after Grand Champion. It makes me wish GC had made ponies at any point! I don't recognize these. I wonder where they were sold, because I sure had a lot of rooted hair plastic horses from the 90's. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations   My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations Empty

Back to top Go down

My Beautiful Horses by Vivid Imaginations
Page 1 of 1