Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures

Go down 
+36
Bonnie
Arctinus
rogerpgvg
spacelab
Ghost Wolf Ranch
Saien
Katarzyna
Bloodrayne
biggest_dreamer
QuollMate
jarda
SUSANNE
donny ong
zosenwoans
Megaptera
Taos
Caracal
MartinH
Kikimalou
twilighter
Michelle
aschuck
MansoBoricua
widukind
endogenylove
Tupolew Tu-154
Saarlooswolfhound
Shanti
George
FlaffyRaptors
Roger
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
lucky luke
bmathison1972
VASILIS
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
FlaffyRaptors

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 12:45 pm

Not sure about the sculpts of the Pangolin and Llama…
The Pangolin feels like it has the same cartoony proportional issues as the Komodo Dragon.
The Llama’s face sculpt looks off too, cant quite place my finger where, but I find the Llamas done by other major companies being much more pleasing.
Back to top Go down
FlaffyRaptors

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 12:46 pm

rogerpgvg wrote:
Good to see that CollectA is making more tubes. In my opinion, they are the best in the business. Does anyone know what the left-most and right-most sharks are in the bottom row?

I like the pangolin's pose. The rough collie is also great.

I think they’re scaled down versions of CollectA’s Shortfin Mako and Black-tipped reef.
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 1:29 pm

I like the pangolin, it's an endearing pose and a good creature to raise awareness about - I know we've all already heard of them, but for young kids who collect them as toys, this might be their introduction to a new animal.

The cremello is a bit of an odd choice for a Thoroughbred, I know there's some cream dilutes mostly in the US and Japan so it can exist, but it's so rare percentage-wise it's not at all typical or logical for the breed. It's a nicely done rendition of cremello, though, and that mould is one of their best, but I'll be trying to find an alternative breed for mine, it's a colour which doesn't say TB to me.

The foal to go with the Clydesdale is also a nice mould, and looks great in the new colour - matching babies to go with releases aren't everybody's cup of tea, but I do like them.

It's good to see a new dog breed (I'm not familiar with CollectA's back catalogue of pets, I don't know if this is replacing an older not-so-good mould or if it's the first time they've done one). I know they probably have slightly less collectors than wildlife or horses but I'm pleased for all the dog fans out there!

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 1:41 pm

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. It seems there's a connection between CollectA and Greek members. Laughing
Shastasaurus is very cool, the orca color is just inspirational as it should be. I love the giant barnacles. Laughing
Mosasaurus is very whale like too, I'm not too excited about it but the articulated jaw and the generous size (39 cm) might result in an impressive model.
Prehistoric marine reptiles are very trendy these days.
I absolutely love this llama with its long body, small head and fantastic fur carving. It went directly to my wish list and it is a huge improvement over the previous model.
A pangolin is always a big joy to me. I'm surprised the species is not mentioned. I like the pose although it looks like a juvenile. A ground pangolin perhaps?
I love the Rough Collie, another dog for my wish list although I'm not acquiring most of the dogs I want. It has a beautiful head. Maybe not the nicest hairstyle but one more top quality dog from CollectA and this breed was needing a rendition like this one.
I also think the sharks Roger asked are the mako and blacktip.
I hope it is not the last batch.

George wrote:
It's good to see a new dog breed (I'm not familiar with CollectA's back catalogue of pets, I don't know if this is replacing an older not-so-good mould or if it's the first time they've done one). I know they probably have slightly less collectors than wildlife or horses but I'm pleased for all the dog fans out there!

It is replacing an older model which you can see here. study Wink

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 2:08 pm

Thanks, I should've just gone and looked myself but I'd got a cup of hot chocolate in one hand and just wanted to type my reply rather than navigating extra tabs mid-comment Laughing

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 3:02 pm

I really like the pangolin. Although I already have a few and CollectA’s figures tend to run on the larger side. I’ll have to wait for more pictures

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
MansoBoricua

MansoBoricua

Country/State : US

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 4:24 pm

jarda wrote:
VASILIS wrote:
No wild aimals....

Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

No one new terrestrial wild animal?! After hungry year 2022 the CollectAs wildlife growing misery still continues in 2023... CollectA will be favorite company for every horse lover or dinonsenses collector for sure... Sad

Jeez! Guys, I really agree with you. Well, yes, although it is good that the Sea Life Collection has some new species for Sea Life collectors... Gosh! Wild Life from CollectA nowadays sucks so bad... Sadly, I'll say no CollectA for me either since 2018.

I no longer buy CollectA figures, and not even from Schleich or Papo. They are awful and ordinary, and I'm unlikely to buy from these 3 companies ever again. This "supply-chain" nonsense also took their sense of innovation away. Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
https://ianadames02.wixsite.com/ianadamesart
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 4:40 pm

This is an extant  terrestrial wild animal. Wink

Pangolins, also known as scaly ant eaters belong to the most unusual mammals in the animal kingdom. It is covered with scaling all over. It carries its young ones on its back and forms into a roll when attacked or in danger. The pangolin lives in savannahs, forests or grasslands of Asia and Africa and is the most trafficked mammal of the world. Not a surprise that it belongs to the group of endangered species.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 5:00 pm

I like very much the Shastasaurus and the Llama is very well done (it is rare to see a good one nowadays).

Well I love pangolin figures, I'm tempted of course but it seems very generic for now.
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 5:05 pm

The pangolin is rather ugly in my opinion, but if it seems to represent a unique species, I will likely get it. My initial guess is that it represents a Temminck's Ground Pangolin, which would be unique.

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 5:06 pm

The llama is nice enough, but the Safari version is on my wishlist and I see no reason to change that. The safari figure just has more charm.

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 5:10 pm

endogenylove wrote:
The pangolin is rather ugly in my opinion, but if it seems to represent a unique species, I will likely get it. My initial guess is that it represents a Temminck's Ground Pangolin, which would be unique.

I am sure it's something already done before

endogenylove wrote:
The llama is nice enough, but the Safari version is on my wishlist and I see no reason to change that. The safari figure just has more charm.

I have the Safari version and have no intention of replacing it
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 5:20 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
endogenylove wrote:

When you just google for "pangolin" and look at images, the vast majority of the images are of Temminck's pangolins. This appears to be a very stereotypical pangolin figure inspired by pictures of standing pangolins that can easily found online, most of which, from what I can tell, are Temminck's pangolins. The very protruding and oversized scales also lean towards this identification over either asian species. It could be a giant pangolin, but it doesn't really look like it to me.

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 5:26 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 5:46 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
endogenylove wrote:

endogenylove wrote:

I have the Safari version and have no intention of replacing it

endogenylove wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
endogenylove wrote:

When you just google for "pangolin" and look at images, the vast majority of the images are of Temminck's pangolins. This appears to be a very stereotypical pangolin figure inspired by pictures of standing pangolins that can easily found online, most of which, from what I can tell, are Temminck's pangolins. The very protruding and oversized scales also lean towards this identification over either asian species. It could be a giant pangolin, but it doesn't really look like it to me.  

Well, I think I prefer the CollectA Llama to the Safari Ltd, only a matter of taste of course, but I don't know if I will add one more domestic species to my collection.

About the pangolin I agree it could be a Temninck' one but since I still think the Schleich is also a Temninck's pangolin and not a Giant one I don't know if I will add this one, I'll see Very Happy

I agree with you, when one just google for "pangolin" and look at images, the vast majority of the images are of Temminck's pangolins. Even if you search for a Giant pangolin Laughing
Back to top Go down
Arctinus

Arctinus

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 6:26 pm

I don't find any of these figures ugly. Both the pangolin and the llama look rather exactly like some online photos. I actually find the Collecta llama a bit better than the Safari one as far as texture/details go, but it's all subjective, I guess.

Maybe it's the hind legs that make people find the pangolin figure ugly? But they're actually that large:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saien

Saien

Country/State : Slovakia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 6:30 pm

Beautiful models again cheers The Pangolin, Llama, Rough Collie, Jersey Cow and calf are definitely on my wishlist.

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 6:59 pm

Pangolin, Llama, Shastasaurus and Mosasaurus are nice. But too much horses.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 8:34 pm

Welcome back Kostas! SO glad to see you again!

I like the new releases. More marine reptiles! I am still hoping for wolf replacements but I realize its a far off chance.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 9:13 pm

Arctinus wrote:
I don't find any of these figures ugly. Both the pangolin and the llama look rather exactly like some online photos. I actually find the Collecta llama a bit better than the Safari one as far as texture/details go, but it's all subjective, I guess.

Maybe it's the hind legs that make people find the pangolin figure ugly? But they're actually that large:

For me it is the texture, it feels over-textured, especially in the face but the scales suffer too. The sculpt and pose themselves are fine.

Arctinus

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 9:30 am

endogenylove wrote:
For me it is the texture, it feels over-textured, especially in the face but the scales suffer too. The sculpt and pose themselves are fine.

I don't really mind the face, but now that you've mentioned it, the scales do seem a bit overtextured. Even more so than the Safari pangolin. Maybe Collecta's been going into details with their figures so much lately that they forgot that sometimes less is better. Razz I mean, pangolin scales do have those lines, but they wouldn't really be visible at that scale.
Back to top Go down
MartinH

MartinH

Country/State : Czech Republic

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 4:18 pm

I love new Collecta animals so far :) I think these brands are doing everything they could in current European/world situation.I don´t mind less new models... it´s easier to collect them all anyways :) Details are superb! Pangolin, Llama, Cattle, horses with new coats... I like it!!

https://www.martinhcollection.cz/
twilighter

twilighter

Country/State : Oslo, Norway

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 6:05 pm

Is this the last batch?

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 6:07 pm

twilighter wrote:
Is this the last batch?

I’m hoping for another batch on Friday.. I want to see more wild life Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 6:38 pm

Joliezac wrote:
twilighter wrote:
Is this the last batch?

I’m hoping for another batch on Friday.. I want to see more wild life Laughing

I guess we will have the last batch next week
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next