Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures

Go down 
+36
Bonnie
Arctinus
rogerpgvg
spacelab
Ghost Wolf Ranch
Saien
Katarzyna
Bloodrayne
biggest_dreamer
QuollMate
jarda
SUSANNE
donny ong
zosenwoans
Megaptera
Taos
Caracal
MartinH
Kikimalou
twilighter
Michelle
aschuck
MansoBoricua
widukind
endogenylove
Tupolew Tu-154
Saarlooswolfhound
Shanti
George
FlaffyRaptors
Roger
Joliezac
Duck-Anch-Amun
lucky luke
bmathison1972
VASILIS
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
VASILIS

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 3:21 pm

Angelsharks are very different from other shark types. They are considerably smaller and commonly inhabit sandy seabeds close to 150m. While the anterior part of the angel shark's body is broad and flattened, the posterior part retains a muscular appearance more typical of other sharks. Angelsharks have now been classified as critically endangered.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 3:26 pm

Wow, that whale looks incredible!!
Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 3:36 pm

Angelshark                 I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you  
Amazon River Dolphin  I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Goblin Shark                I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Rough Collie             I love you I love you I love you
Honeypot Ants         I love you I love you I love you
Jersey Cow and calf  I love you I love you I love you

Pangolin I love you
Lama      I love you

No new wild animals...?

Very dissapointing... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Very very very  dissapointing  for me... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 3:49 pm

Perhaps i must start collecting and horses   Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 4:21 pm

The prehistoric models are both deluxe, sizes are in the 20-30cm range. Quite big!

Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 4:32 pm

Again an amazing year for prehistoric collectors and horeses. And I think fans of marine wildlife will have some rare and special animals, too.

However, the second (or third?) year in a row where there is nothing for me. My pocket is happy, but I hoped for at least one hoofed animal :/ So, I will nothing add, as I already have the more special animals in my collection.

However, maybe I will add some of the sharks in toob-size form as I own more toob-sized sharks than regular sizes. So, those could replace my big models. However, for the moment, I don´t want to buy a toob for only 2 or 3 figures.
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 4:42 pm

With all reveals, this is my planned list as of now:

1. Amazon River Dolphin
2. Jersey cow
3. Hadrosaurus
4. Honey ant
5. Anomalocaris
6. Brighstoneus
7. Rough collie
8. Mosasaurus
9. Koolasuchus
10. Angel shark

...and the mini king crab, if someone gets the tube and doesn't want the crab
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 4:43 pm

The one and only for me - the angelshark could it be

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 5:28 pm

I have the Playvisions Angelshark, is this one likely the same species or different?

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 6:20 pm

Hah, they've saved all the new-sculpt horses til the very last batch of reveals!

The Holstein is a good choice, they're one of the heavier warmbloods in real life, so a breed which works just fine with the chunky leg style. It's a pity he doesn't get the same realistic eyes as the superb paint designs the repaint-on-an-old-mould colours are getting, but at least the sock marking is crisp rather than a fade-out. He may be what's usually regarded as 'boring' with his plain dark colour and a standing pose, but I like him.

The Boulonnais is another nice addition to the range, more draft breeds is always a good thing and a French one is good to see - most companies tend to look no further than the more popular Percheron. CollectA's list of horses is starting to read like one of those breed books which has them all in alphabetical order, common and rare mixed equally through the pages - they're making the well known breeds, but scattering in some less popular ones as well. Her colour looks a bit simple, when we've had the dappled grey Hanoverian so recently, and again they've not bothered with the eye colour on this one for some reason, but she just looks like a grey in the later stages, when all the dapples are gone.

The Arabian foal is sweet, and it's about time they added one - they've had the Arabian mare available for twelve years so I always thought it weird they didn't have a foal for such a well-known and much-loved breed, yet came out with one quickly for breeds like the Peruvian Paso and Rocky Mountain which aren't nearly as popular! Chestnut's a good choice considering last year's arabian mare was a darker shade of the colour, a real pity they did use the fade-out socks though - with the repaint releases having such amazing quality paintjobs, it's a shame to see them regressing to their paint style of a decade ago for this one!

And the rearing Arabian completes the family, a stallion at long last. And I think, the first rearing horse for CollectA (unless we count the unicorns, which I don't think the majority of horse collectors would!) He's handsome, and the pose is very dramatic and different - even compared to the rearing models offered by other companies he's standing higher, with a more graceful curve of the neck, which gives the model a very aesthetically pleasing look! Another solid bay, but with more detail - he's got the good eyes, hurrah!

My favourite of the others is the Right Whale, they're such great-looking animals anway and this looks to be a lovely rendition with plenty of texture and depth to the finish - even though I won't buy one I hope somebody on here does, so we get to see how nice it is in real photos!

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 6:53 pm

Wow, a Koolasuchus. Great figure, it was one from my wishlist. cheers bounce
I hope for a deluxe variant.

Stegouros elengassen is also very good. The ankylosaur with the chainsaw tail. tongue

The whale and the shark look very nice.

The rearing arabian is nice. But why don't no brand create a horse with open mouth? Only one Schleich foal i know until yet.

Michelle

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 7:07 pm

Oh, wow. The horses in this last batch are lovely! I actually like Collecta's new chunkier style, but most of my collection is Schleich, so I like a more toyetic look anyway. Collecta's larger size goes better in my medieval setup, though, so I've been slowly getting a few of them.
Back to top Go down
Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 7:08 pm

I’m sad we only got one wild life figure, but that means I can save my money for Papo Laughing

I plan on getting the dolphin, both sharks, whale, pangolin, and maybe the ant (depends on how big it is)

A great selection for sea life

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 7:14 pm

endogenylove wrote:
I have the Playvisions Angelshark, is this one likely the same species or different?

Hard to say; they are all very similar and have variable markings. The general consensus is that the PV shark is S. squantina and at quick glance the CollectA shark looks like S. australis. But I haven't studied them all
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 7:20 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
But why don't no brand create a horse with open mouth? Only one Schleich foal i know until yet.

WIA have done one, this is their Criollo stallion :

Click Here:

(Spoiler-tagged only because this is the CollectA topic and I don't want to distract with a big photo of another brand)

Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 7:22 pm

More beautiful models! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 8:24 pm

Thanks Vasilis! Very Happy Is it really the last batch? It doesn't make sense to me. Only a pangolin for CollectA, when it is a brand with a huge wildlife range? Most of the horses are just new colors but the rearing Arabian looks outstanding. A focus on horses was expected since those are now sold as Breyer in USA.
I also think it is a good year for Sea life, at least I like very much the models here presented. With so few wildlife models, this time I don't have any excuse to avoid a farm model - llama - and a dog - Rough Collie!

George wrote:
And the rearing Arabian completes the family, a stallion at long last. And I think, the first rearing horse for CollectA (unless we count the unicorns, which I don't think the majority of horse collectors would!) He's handsome, and the pose is very dramatic and different - even compared to the rearing models offered by other companies he's standing higher, with a more graceful curve of the neck, which gives the model a very aesthetically pleasing look! Another solid bay, but with more detail - he's got the good eyes, hurrah!

Prior to Deborah's horses, CollectA released a rearing Lipizzaner, it is the brother of the Mojö Fun model. It is not on TAW but you can find one for sale in this link. Wink

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 8:47 pm

George wrote:
Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:
But why don't no brand create a horse with open mouth? Only one Schleich foal i know until yet.

WIA have done one, this is their Criollo stallion :

Click Here:

Okay. But this is not Schleich/Papo/Collecta size, isn't it?

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 9:26 pm

Quite interesting models. I will get the Amazon River dolphin, the Goblin shark, finally a good Llama, the Pangolin if it is a proper species, the Angel shark and ofcourse the Right whale.
Back to top Go down
FlaffyRaptors

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 25, 2022 9:33 pm

I wonder how the CollectA Right Whale will compare with Safari and Papo's versions.
Back to top Go down
George

George

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 12:08 am

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:

Yes, same size, and the same sort of slightly flexible dense plastic. Slightly more expensive, but only a couple of pounds/euros per horse, not enough to put them into a different category of art piece rather than toy figure. I'd count them as the same sort of model (as do even the most serious model horse hobbyists, who organise the rules for live/photo showing - WIA compete in the classes with CollectA, Bullyland, Papo, and Schleich)

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 12:23 am

George wrote:
Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:

Yes, same size, and the same sort of slightly flexible dense plastic. Slightly more expensive, but only a couple of pounds/euros per horse, not enough to put them into a different category of art piece rather than toy figure. I'd count them as the same sort of model (as do even the most serious model horse hobbyists, who organise the rules for live/photo showing - WIA compete in the classes with CollectA, Bullyland, Papo, and Schleich)

They are 1:18, and Schleich is 1:24. Not the same size, a little bit bigger, but smaller as Collecta deluxe. I will keep the WIA horse in my mind.

Arctinus

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 9:17 am

FlaffyRaptors wrote:
I wonder how the CollectA Right Whale will compare with Safari and Papo's versions.

We'll have to wait for a better picture of the Papo Right Whale (and actual figures), but I made a comparison pic of what we've got so far. :)

Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 10:10 am

An absolute disappointment (for the second year in a row) for collectors of wild mammals and birds... Sad
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 26, 2022 10:14 am

Thank you so much Rogério, Vasilis and Arctinus for the pics. cheers

CollectA (and Papo) have for the past few years been considerably expanding the range of marketable species on an individual scale (not in Box or Toob).
I like it a lot, I understand that many collectors expect from CollectA one last antelope or one more deer (myself included) but the brand doesn't disappoint me. The number of new models has dropped since the Covid but this is also true for other companies. On the other hand, the variety of models offered is still there.

Let's talk about extinct species, CollectA offers us no less than 6 new species produced for the first time. I hope to be able to afford four of them: the Ruyangosaurus, Shastasaurus, Koolasuchus and Stegouros (even if I need to find place for a 30cm long one  affraid )

For Marine wildlife we have 2 new species produced for individual sale (not in Box or Toob):The Angelshark and Goblin shark. I love the two and I'm tempted of course. If the Angelshark is bigger than the PV, if the Goblin shark is smaller than the "My favourite Animal" ones, I will try to find a place for them.
The Right whale is very interresting too, mine is the beautiful M+B, I won't change for another one but maybe I could add the CollectA to the tribe.

Wildlife: A Boto for me please cheers

Farmlife: What a cow drunken

Horses: YES I have something to say about horses even if I'm a big big nut and not a Horse collector Laughing  
I am between two waters about the Boulonnais mare. I like the Draft horses and particularly the Boulonnais. It is one of the two breeds native to my region (with the Trait-du-Nord) and I find these horses magnificent, they combine strength, robustness and infinite grace, much more than a Percheron in my meaning. I would love to add a Boulonnais to my displays but I'm a little disappointed with this model, I'm afraid I won't find either the strength or the grace in it. I'll probably wait for George's pictures before deciding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures   COLLECTA  2023  Releases, complete list with pictures - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

COLLECTA 2023 Releases, complete list with pictures
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next