Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures

Go down 
+39
lucky luke
costicuba
Dutch Bear
almisi43
Leyster
QuollMate
wasauskisollivan
Shanti
donny ong
LukaLeon085
Megaptera
Katarzyna
Bloodrayne
JamesPanda
Joliezac
Caracal
Taos
endogenylove
Loustic
spielgerg
FlaffyRaptors
SUSANNE
Arctinus
jarda
urbnvampslayer
aschuck
Koikinguu
zosenwoans
Stripedhyena
MartinH
George
widukind
MansoBoricua
Kikimalou
Saarlooswolfhound
Ana
bmathison1972
Duck-Anch-Amun
VASILIS
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 9:17 pm

I can see now with the better picture that we have a Salers and will be getting these!!!

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 10:06 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Why am I always happy when Blaine wants to add a new vertebrate in his collection ? Laughing
Probably the same reason why Blaine is so gleeful when I add a new invertebrate to mine. What a wonderful infection this hobby is...! Laughing

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 10:14 pm

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Why am I always happy when Blaine wants to add a new vertebrate in his collection ? Laughing
Probably the same reason why Blaine is so gleeful when I add a new invertebrate to mine. What a wonderful infection this hobby is...! Laughing

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 10:27 pm

It's been proposed the spider might be Tegenaria domestica which is also a possibility; might have to wait until one of us has it in-hand
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2022 11:33 pm

I know we use Common Lizard as the name for the Viviparous here in the UK, so might be to blame for the confusion on that one, but there's nothing known as a 'Common Spider' in Britain so that's not our fault Laughing We use House Spider for Tegenaria.
If Papo's based in France, it'd be more likely the staff are translating what they call the animals themselves : do any native French speakers here know if there's a spider with the word Common as the common name?

donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 1:40 am

Roger wrote:

donny ong wrote:
Thanks for the pics Vasilis!  cheers  I love you
Could you share the pic of the Muscovy Duck? Thanks.

It is not very good but here you are.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you Roger! It is better than the tiny pic. cheers
Back to top Go down
FlaffyRaptors

FlaffyRaptors

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 4:30 am

VASILIS wrote:

Yes!! A new pig! pig I don't have a vietnamese pot-belly yet in my collection, so hopefully this one will be the best out of the current versions on the market.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thoughts on the Papo Vietnamese so far? Seems to be depicting a shaggier specimen.
Back to top Go down
Arctinus

Arctinus

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 6:51 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
EDIT: could the moth be a death's head hawkmoth?

Now that you've mentioned it, it does look like a death's head hawkmoth: that yellow part could be the rear wings and it seems to have something light-greyish or whiteish on its back, a skull-shaped marking, perhaps?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 8:11 pm

Arctinus wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:

Now that you've mentioned it, it does look like a death's head hawkmoth: that yellow part could be the rear wings and it seems to have something light-greyish or whiteish on its back, a skull-shaped marking, perhaps?

that's what I am hoping! I love sphingids; one of my favorite familes of moths!
Back to top Go down
Arctinus

Arctinus

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2022 9:39 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
that's what I am hoping! I love sphingids; one of my favorite familes of moths!

They're such lovely creatures. I've seen the death's head hawk moth when I was younger, and had a chance to see and hold an elephant hawk moth and convolvulus hawk moth a couple of times. Not a Sphingidae member, but I saw a giant peacock moth caterpillar in the garden this year. Moths are so under-rated.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2022 4:17 pm

FlaffyRaptors wrote:
VASILIS wrote:

Yes!! A new pig! pig I don't have a vietnamese pot-belly yet in my collection, so hopefully this one will be the best out of the current versions on the market.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thoughts on the Papo Vietnamese so far? Seems to be depicting a shaggier specimen.
Yes, there are two main types and apparently pot-bellies are a complex of breeds, somewhat like Zebu for cattle, I guess. This one is different from other renditions we've seen before, however, I'm not knowledgeable enough to find a more precise identification.

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 4:40 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
I dunno Roger; the dark line on the side looks to have jagged edges, which might be more in line with P. muralis (I also want this to be P. muralis...)

I would add: a Podarcis muralis female one! :)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 5:08 pm

Caracal wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
I dunno Roger; the dark line on the side looks to have jagged edges, which might be more in line with P. muralis (I also want this to be P. muralis...)

I would add:  a Podarcis muralis female one! :)

I agree, definitely a female. Very Happy

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2022 9:04 am

Oh wow, love the cattle!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: A werewolf question   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2022 5:40 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey, I have a question: what's the difference between the papo werewolf 38956, and 36029? Are they different sculpts, or what? I'm going to be getting 36029, because the item number is different, but besides that ... well ... you know, with all these werewolves about, things are pretty confusing. Ha ha! Also, I'm planning on getting 36039 too, but here's the tiing: if the figure is a panther mutant, then what exactly makes him that? Just wondering. Anyway, if anyone has answers to these obscure questions, tell me. Also, do the golems have movable arms? If so, then good. I must say, the papo mutants and golems and stuff like that work really well in my collection. Right now, I have about 136 people figures, but that's if you count the figures that are "coming soon" sort of. Also, is papo re-releasing the walrus mutant pirate? If so, then great! I'd love to have that one for my collection too. Anyway, that's about it for news. I'm going out and about tomorrow, so we'll see what I find.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2022 6:18 am

Aschuck, this wolf warrior is different than their werewolf. The latter is a classic shapeshifting werewolf wearing tattered human pants from his shift. This new model is for their warrior series I think, it stands upright with limb proportions of a human, is wearing medieval clothing like robin hood and has 2 swords. The panther warrior is the same but with a bow and arrow weapon. I can't see if the golems have movable arms from the original pictures because they are so small. The walrus mutant pirate is rereleasing alongside his turtle, great white shark, and octopus mutant friends. Hope this description helps!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 24, 2022 2:29 am

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
Aschuck, this wolf warrior is different than their werewolf. The latter is a classic shapeshifting werewolf wearing tattered human pants from his shift. This new model is for their warrior series I think, it stands upright with limb proportions of a human, is wearing medieval clothing like robin hood and has 2 swords. The panther warrior is the same but with a bow and arrow weapon. I can't see if the golems have movable arms from the original pictures because they are so small. The walrus mutant pirate is rereleasing alongside his turtle, great white shark, and octopus mutant friends. Hope this description helps!

As Anna often thanks in advance, it is not always possible to know if she reads our answers to her questions but I have to say your descriptions are really good. Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 27, 2022 3:10 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:

Any of you European folks recognize the moth? It must be a European species

Noctua comes ? Hulotte in French and Lesser yellow underwing in English
Back to top Go down
wasauskisollivan

Country/State : Check Republic

PostSubject: Papo 2023 discontinued figures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2022 6:36 pm

Hello. Somebody knows wich dinosaurs are not in the 2023 catalogue from PAPO ?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 01, 2022 9:13 pm

wasauskisollivan wrote:
Hello. Somebody knows wich dinosaurs are not in the 2023 catalogue from PAPO   ?

Welcome on forum! I think nobody knows it yet. At least I can't find it anywhere.

QuollMate

Country/State : Denver, Colorado & Prescott, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyFri Dec 02, 2022 10:43 am

Moth figures seem to be few and far between in the animal toy world. Glad to see a new one and will be picking it up!

My Instagrams:

Personal Page
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Concorde Page

Collectibles Page
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/speedbird.concorde
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 6:53 pm

Here are better pictures of the figures that caused some debat about their species identifications.

bmathison1972

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 8:21 pm

I think we're set on the flying squirrel (North American) and the lizard (common wall). The spider is still hard to tell; I am hoping they sculpted the eye arrangement correctly (like they did with the wolf spider), then we'll know for sure. I am still leaning more toward Parasteatoda tepidariorum, although the posture looks like a ground-dwelling spider rather than a web-builder.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 9:44 am

bmathison1972 wrote:
I think we're set on the flying squirrel (North American) and the lizard (common wall). The spider is still hard to tell; I am hoping they sculpted the eye arrangement correctly (like they did with the wolf spider), then we'll know for sure. I am still leaning more toward Parasteatoda tepidariorum, although the posture looks like a ground-dwelling spider rather than a web-builder.

And about the Moth: Noctua comes could fit for you? (Hulotte in French and Lesser yellow underwing in English)
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 11:22 am

Yes, I think we're in the right direction. Here is a picture of the moth.

upload img

PostSubject: Re: Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures   papo - Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Papo 2023 Releases!, updated with complete list and pictures
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next