Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dog comparisons thread

Go down 
+4
Roger
Taos
Bonnie
Spoonbill
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Spoonbill

Country/State : France

Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 2:15 pm

Update, I found a black poodle and black terrier in a shop, the two Scottish couldn't stay still for the family picture, they were too happy to have a friend of the same breed to play with :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 2:20 pm

You're building a respectable collection of dogs.

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 2:26 pm

Bonnie wrote:
This has been a wonderful thread to follow, I have been looking at every update! cheers cheers I only wish I had more time to comment Crying or Very sad . But that's an amazing collection of dogs, I love that Schleich golden retriever and the CollectA beagle is another one of my favourites! You have some beauties there too like the Papo Great Dane and Neapolitan Mastiff, those are must-haves in any dog collection! cheers

The Schleich golden age this golden retriever is part of was short for dogs, it only lasted a few years before the 1:12 scale was given up, now some Schleich dogs are good but most of them are small, like this Afghan hound I have. From this era I only miss the dalmatian.

CollectA beagle is beautiful but somehow maybe too cute and clean, I may favour the Safari if I had to make this choice now. Same for the great dane, both are equally good but the black Safari may be more intimidating which is what I would look for in a figure of that breed.

The Neapolitan mastiff was my first dog choice when I had to find one for my wider animal collection, so the one that started this new collection, and I think it remains my favourite although I would say the most outstanding replicas may be the CollectA boxer and Kitan shiba.
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2023 10:11 pm

Spoonbill wrote:
Bonnie wrote:
This has been a wonderful thread to follow, I have been looking at every update! cheers cheers I only wish I had more time to comment Crying or Very sad . But that's an amazing collection of dogs, I love that Schleich golden retriever and the CollectA beagle is another one of my favourites! You have some beauties there too like the Papo Great Dane and Neapolitan Mastiff, those are must-haves in any dog collection! cheers

The Schleich golden age this golden retriever is part of was short for dogs, it only lasted a few years before the 1:12 scale was given up, now some Schleich dogs are good but most of them are small, like this Afghan hound I have. From this era I only miss the dalmatian.

CollectA beagle is beautiful but somehow maybe too cute and clean, I may favour the Safari if I had to make this choice now. Same for the great dane, both are equally good but the black Safari may be more intimidating which is what I would look for in a figure of that breed.

The Neapolitan mastiff was my first dog choice when I had to find one for my wider animal collection, so the one that started this new collection, and I think it remains my favourite although I would say the most outstanding replicas may be the CollectA boxer and Kitan shiba.
The golden age of Schleich dogs was amazing, and completely agree, I do miss their beautiful 1:12 scale dogs which in general were much better than the dogs they make today. And that's really interesting that you favour the Safari! They're both wonderful models but I probably prefer the CollectA- hard to say study . Hope you can find the Dalmatian one day! Very Happy Safari Great Dane really is stunning!
Ahh yes, the CollectA boxer and Kitan Shiba Inu definitely have to be up there as among the best! cheers I still need to find the Kitan model but it's not that easy sourcing Japanese figures!
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Spoonbill

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2023 10:09 am

Update
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 16, 2023 7:39 pm

I love to read your opinions.
This year I got the dog bug and I may give more atention to my little dog collection.
Now the regrets starts, I wished I could get the Neapolitan Mastiff when it was easier to find, that's such an impressive figure! Shocked
Your observations about the beagles are also very interesting. Actually both models are excellent, I think I favour slightly the CollectA but it is not obvious in my head, I would easily change my preference if I owned both to compare. I think that's one of those choices where there is no choice, even if you want to collect just a single figure to represente a breed, you have to get both Beagles anyway. Laughing About great Danes I don't have any doubts, Safari's model is clearly superior to the Schleich counterpart which is not bad but not as good as the Safari model. Though, my choice will probably go to the Papo figure because I like it and I want to keep dsome size compatibility among my dog figures and Safari's is defintely large.

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 2:23 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have both the Papo pyrenees dog and neapolitan mastiff ? I would need a comparison pic of these two.

Thanks !
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 3:30 pm

What a great dog collection!!

I have the Papo Great Dane if this helps...

Back to top Go down
Spoonbill

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 3:58 pm

Thanks, but I'll wait for the mastiff which is a breed more similar in size so more relevant for me to figure out if the Pyrenees is large enough (it always looked small to me).
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2023 9:01 pm

I have these two models, I will try to get a comparison photo for you by the weekend at the latest. :) If I forget, remind me! I am happy to help, just busy in life lately...

Lovely collection btw. Very Happy

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Spoonbill

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 10:28 am

Thanks Paige, don't know if you'll see my post soon enough but I've the opportunity to go to the shop where I saw the dog in the afternoon, unfortunately I don't have any of my dogs with me.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 10:49 pm

I couldn't help either because I don't have the Neapolitan Mastiff, unfortunately. Maybe the closest in size I have is the Terranova and it is evident the Pyrenees is made at a smaller scale. They're actually almost the same size but paws, head and everything is smaller than the Terranova. Wonderful proportions of the Pyrenees show it is made after a huge specimen so it defintely should be larger. However, it is not ridiculously small and it is so beautiful.

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 11:31 pm

I see, that's indeed the feeling I had from comparisons with the newfoundsland I found on the net.

I have other dogs slightly out of scale, namely the daschund and the Afghan hound which I use as a young female though, even the shiba can look weird because of the Kitan Japanese proportions. But the Pyrenees doesn't add much to the array of breeds as I've already molossus and mountain dogs so I'll be more picky about it I think, the main criteria in favour of its acquisition being availability.

Btw, little update adding Papo border collie and Schleich 2023 bichon :
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2023 11:54 pm

Two great additions. I think the most out of scale in my dog collection is a certain part of my Basset Hound but I won't tell you what it is. Laughing
I don't think you will resist to the Pyrenees dog, it is just a beautiful piece and dogs slightly smaller than desired are never out of scale even when they do not look like youngsters.
Here a picture showing the Newfoldland and the Pyrenees.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 06, 2023 6:36 am

I might be too late but here are some shots with large Papo breeds. Forgive my lack of blue background... it wasn't feasible at the time.

If I may chip in my 2 cents... I think it scales well actually. Could the head be a bit "heftier"? Sure. But instead of the "whitewashed" newfoundland concept, I appreciate that it represents the more delicate head style. But of course, to each their own taste. (And I agree, the weimaraner is a nice model but lacks that certain "weimar" trait of looking like royalty. I found one recently that pulls it off better)

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
Spoonbill

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 11:08 am

Thanks for these pics Roger and Paige ! Although the Pyrenees looks small on Roger's pic, it looks much finer on Paige's scratch

I think I'll let myself get tempted next time I meet one.

In the meantime, update with the Schleich former Jack Russell (much better than the new current one) and a custom chihuahua from unknown brand (the only one I ever found at a good scale) I repainted after an actual individual I saw on some thread from this forum and I found cute.

Last edited by Spoonbill on Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 4:50 pm

As I mentioned, the Pyrenees is somewhat small but it does not work stupidly small for a 1:12 collection. Besides of that, it is seriously sculpted, a very good model.
About the Jack Russsell, I've always liked the old Schleich and it was a disapointment when I saw the new one. I also intend to rescue the old model to my collection.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 5:22 pm

I love the old JRT too, the new one is ok, but the older one captures the look and personality of them much better I think.

Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 11:08 pm

The old Schleich Jack Russell was wonderful! cheers cheers I love the serious, intelligent expression of its face- the newer one is very much the opposite! Laughing That chihuahua is lovely too, I agree about the size, a very sweet little model! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: [url=http://postimg.cc/c654T66C][img]https://i.postimg.cc/yY7g1ZHm/papo-large-dogs-enrique.jpg[/img][/url]   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 9:32 pm

A forum member @KIKE Dogs, allowed me to share this picture of his collection with Papo models.
He hopes it is useful. Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 15, 2023 10:51 pm

Love it! I love how you can see the barest smidge of the Dalmatian's head in the back.  Laughing cheers

Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 16, 2023 3:01 am

Gotta get that German shepherd someday.
Back to top Go down
Spoonbill

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 7:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 8:01 pm

Very useful picture and if it is your entire collection of dogs, it is quite similar to what I'm planning. I see you have a few Papo dogs I still miss like the Neapolitan and German Mastiffs but apparently you missed the Weimaraner which would go nicely in your collection.

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 12, 2023 10:34 pm

Really lovely collection and display!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog comparisons thread   Dog comparisons thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dog comparisons thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next