Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dollarama large animals

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

Dollarama large animals Empty
PostSubject: Dollarama large animals   Dollarama large animals EmptyThu Feb 02, 2023 9:56 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Grizzly Bear

Panda Bear

Hi! A few days ago, I saw, in Dollarama, a line of beautiful, large animal figures. I bought two of them, the grizzly bear and the panda bear. When I bought them, I thought they were made by Montoy. But, at home, reading the tags carefully, I saw that Montoy's name was nowhere to be found on them. So, I figured they must have been made by another company. Boley for example. Because a little more than a decade ago, Boley dinosaurs and wild animals were available in Dollarama stores. However, when I searched for Boley toys on the net, the large animals present in Dollarama right now did not appear during my researches.

So, I'm asking you guys: do you have any idea of which company made those wonderful large animals? They are really something and I wish to put them on Toy Animal Wiki. But I have no idea where exactly to put them on the site...
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Dollarama large animals   Dollarama large animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 9:49 am

Really nice bears

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Dollarama adenda   Dollarama large animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 4:01 pm

Is it the panda of the Nayab set [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Dollarama large animals   Dollarama large animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 5:15 pm

I am fairly sure those are Nayab sculpts, but I can't find the catalogue images currently. Great finds though and congrats!

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Dollarama large animals   Dollarama large animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 8:48 pm

It could be Nayab: that large wolf is also in Dollarama, in that set.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dollarama large animals   Dollarama large animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 9:28 pm

I moved these posts to this topic since I missed it.
Boley used Nayab moulds. I know there's the coin but could you tell me the size of the brown bear, maybe I can locate its official picture.

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Dollarama large animals   Dollarama large animals EmptyFri Feb 03, 2023 10:28 pm

Valerie, next time you visit that store could you take a photo of the wolf for me? I would appreciate the help.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bowhead Whale

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Dollarama large animals   Dollarama large animals EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 4:16 am

They are both about 20 centimeters long.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Dollarama large animals   Dollarama large animals EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 11:48 am

Thanks, so the size of the panda matches with the set 130 and since the wolf is also being sold, I think we can add the panda on TAW. I can't find the brown bear, there's a possibility, Set [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but the pose is mirrored and it does not look the same. scratch

Bowhead Whale

PostSubject: Re: Dollarama large animals   Dollarama large animals EmptyTue Feb 07, 2023 10:45 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks, so the size of the panda matches with the set 130 and since the wolf is also being sold, I think we can add the panda on TAW. I can't find the brown bear, there's a possibility, Set [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] but the pose is mirrored and it does not look the same. scratch

The wolf in Dollarama looks indeed exactly like the one shown in set number 130. But yes, the brown bear still remains a mystery.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dollarama large animals   Dollarama large animals Empty

Back to top Go down

Dollarama large animals
Page 1 of 1