Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to get a genet from a civet..

Go down 
+9
Ana
Taos
rogerpgvg
George
widukind
Kikimalou
Jill
Saarlooswolfhound
Caracal
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

How to get a genet from a civet.. Empty
PostSubject: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 5:18 pm

As I had 4 civets, I decided to change one in a genet. I just had to make its ears and tail bigger with WePAM paste, and to change the coat..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

.. and here with an european wildcat at about the same scale:

I love these 2 species. The genet is rather common here and the wild cat is coming back from the South (Pyrenean mountains) and from the North (central highlands).

Even if the genet is not rare, it is difficult to see it in the wild. But I sometimes saw some, crossing the road in my headlights beams or, sadly, dead on road sides.. I even kept one in a cage few days, as I was a teen, caught by a forest worker (on a tree with his jacket!) before he escaped, as I opened the door, to feed him!.. Anyway I wanted to release it on the following day..  :)

Last edited by Caracal on Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:34 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 5:36 pm

splendid work Alain!  cheers

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 5:38 pm

Really nice adjustment! Excellent work on the spotted coat (as always)!
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 6:05 pm

It is a great idea and a very nice result Applause
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 6:12 pm

Very Happy Many thanks to you three Paige, Jill and Christophe!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 6:43 pm

Applause Applause Applause

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 6:50 pm

Oh, lovely work! The subtle changes to the sculpt are excellent, and the spotted coat is very nicely done, as always Applause

So interesting that you have them in the wild in your local area - they're not found here so I've only ever met a tame one (well, I say tame, dear Geoffrey once bit my finger so deep I still have the scar Laughing )

rogerpgvg

rogerpgvg

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 7:06 pm

Great transformation! I am equally surprised that you have genets in France.

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 7:29 pm

Many thanks to you three Andreas, George and Roger! Very Happy

So George, I hope you did not kept a too bad record of your genet meeting! :)

Roger, genets do not live in the whole France, only from Pyrenean moutains to La Loire and Le Rhône rivers. :)
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyMon Mar 13, 2023 10:02 pm

Wonderful makeover!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 10:28 am

Thank you Taylor! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 10:37 am

Very nice genet! And cute, too! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 11:31 am

Caracal wrote:

Roger, genets do not live in the whole France, only from Pyrenean moutains to La Loire and Le Rhône rivers. :)

Indeed, I never saw a genet in my so rainy region but sometimes I go to have a look to the seals at the "Baie de Somme".

France has quite a variety of climates, landforms and different seas in a small country. And I don't count the overseas departments such as French Guyana and its jaguars, caimans, pumas, armadillos, Tamanduas, toucans, tarantulas, parrots, red ibises, turtles, poison dart frogs and Jaguarundi Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 12:31 pm

Interesting this transformation since the model is marketed as a civet but collectors identify it as a genet. I wished the original product was as good as your transformation and no debat was needed. There are genets in the South of Portugal and I lived for a long time in a protected area where they exist. The fact is that I've never seen one.

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 6:06 pm

Congratulations Alain great work Very Happy Applause cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 7:38 pm

Ana wrote:
Very nice genet! And cute, too! Very Happy

Thank you Ana! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 7:43 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Caracal wrote:

Indeed, I never saw a genet in my so rainy region but sometimes I go to have a look to the seals at the "Baie de Somme".

France has quite a variety of climates, landforms and different seas in a small country. And I don't count the overseas departments such as French Guyana and its jaguars, caimans, pumas, armadillos, Tamanduas, toucans, tarantulas, parrots, red ibises, turtles, poison dart frogs and Jaguarundi Laughing

I red that with the warmness increase, genets tend to reach to North and East, so maybe you shall have some in Mormal forest in few years!
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 7:53 pm

Roger wrote:
Interesting this transformation since the model is marketed as a civet but collectors identify it as a genet. I wished the original product was as good as your transformation and no debat was needed. There are genets in the South of Portugal and I lived for a long time in a protected area where they exist. The fact is that I've never seen one.

I thought they were everywhere in Iberia except high mountains of course.. I am surprised that they do not live in North Portugal Shocked

Some other bigger Nayab models could pass for genets because of their longer tails, but for me, it was evident that this little model could not be one.. I have had a discussion with Pardo about it.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyTue Mar 14, 2023 7:54 pm

lucky luke wrote:
Congratulations Alain great work Very Happy Applause cheers sunny

Thank you Jean-Luc! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A-J

A-J

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyTue Mar 21, 2023 12:26 pm

Great custom and paint job! cheers It would be so cool to see a genet in the wild or even closer, awesome that you had chance to do so Very Happy

Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/ajs.artistry/
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyThu Apr 13, 2023 7:52 pm

Thank you A-J ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sunny

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 1:10 am

Caracal wrote:

.. and here with an european wildcat at about the same scale:

I love these 2 species. The genet is rather common here and the wild cat is coming back from the South (Pyrenean mountains) and from the North (central highlands).

Even if the genet is not rare, it is difficult to see it in the wild. But I sometimes saw some, crossing the road in my headlights beams or, sadly, dead on road sides.. I even kept one in a cage few days, as I was a teen, caught by a forest worker (on a tree with his jacket!) before he escaped, as I opened the door, to feed him!.. Anyway I wanted to release it on the following day..  :)

what a beauty! so well done Alain!
Genets are very active at night, I've been watching them quite a lot of times. I always see them by themselves though, never with another one or in a pack.

I was in that part of France, so it's great to know that genets are there! They are very beautiful and always trot around as if they are on a mission:D
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. EmptyFri Apr 14, 2023 9:11 am

..great mission to make the species to expand through the territory! Very Happy Thank you Annette!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to get a genet from a civet..   How to get a genet from a civet.. Empty

Back to top Go down

How to get a genet from a civet..
Page 1 of 1