Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schleich lion cub remake?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glimmer_art

Country/State : Nederland

Schleich lion cub remake? Empty
PostSubject: Schleich lion cub remake?   Schleich lion cub remake? EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 7:40 pm

I bought a lion cub in a schleich store a few months ago. I had never seen this version before so I did some research. However I still have no answers found. Perhaps someone knows the answer. I bought the lion cub schleich 14364 (this model) but then lighter, without flecks and a different eye colour and tail. I already have the older model for comparison, but the two seem different. I googled a bit I'm not the only person who has this version, however, I can't seem to find what number this remake is or what year. When I bought it, it didn't have a tag but it has the original schleich logo on it. See pictures below for more. You can't really see the flecks of the original version anymore.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(left-down-left)

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Schleich lion cub remake?   Schleich lion cub remake? EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 7:49 pm

Its the same sculpt as far as I can tell. This is just a variation/update in paintwork I think.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Schleich lion cub remake?   Schleich lion cub remake? EmptyWed Jun 07, 2023 10:32 pm

It seems to me like it could be the exclusive version out of the waterhole set 42258. I have the same in my collection. Though it is strange that you were able to buy it directly from a schleich store... But as you said that you got it without the tag... Maybe they had some kind of leftovers?
Back to top Go down
milolennox13

Country/State : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Schleich lion cub remake?   Schleich lion cub remake? EmptySat Jun 10, 2023 8:31 pm

As Katy said, I think this is the white lion cub from the watering hole set: 42321 seems to be the version with the white lions. It has also been in Schleich Wild Life blind bags (where I got mine). From my experience, models don't usually come with tags unless they are also sold individually.
Back to top Go down
Glimmer_art

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Schleich lion cub remake?   Schleich lion cub remake? EmptyTue Jun 13, 2023 11:07 am

Thanks for the replies! I suppose it was just a special offer in the shop, since the shop did also sell other rare schleich and it explains why I probably hadn't seen it before elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schleich lion cub remake?   Schleich lion cub remake? Empty

Back to top Go down

Schleich lion cub remake?
Page 1 of 1