Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Katy's little but actively growing collection

Go down 
+8
George
widukind
Bonnie
Brandubh94
Jill
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Katy Leven
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyMon 02 Oct 2023, 20:49

I love the hyena, it's a figure I should invest in eventually! The arctic wolf is interesting, her coat looks almost curly.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyTue 03 Oct 2023, 09:44

I like wolves too, actually I've been tempted to buy all standard sized Arctic wolves since they look nice but I'm behaving as it is supposed. Laughing I have the Safari one but I like this one too.
About hyena cubs, they're really rare, Bullyland made it and AAA also marketed one as a hyena cub as you can see here but actually it is more an African wild dog pup which they use as babies for both species.

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyTue 03 Oct 2023, 15:54

Jill wrote:
I love the hyena, it's a figure I should invest in eventually! The arctic wolf is interesting, her coat looks almost curly.

Thank you Jill!
I can definitely recommend the Hyena, he is a nice model.
And yes, her coat looks interestingly somewhat curly. It gives her certainly some sort of charm.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyTue 03 Oct 2023, 16:01

Roger wrote:
I like wolves too, actually I've been tempted to buy all standard sized Arctic wolves since they look nice but I'm behaving as it is supposed. Laughing I have the Safari one but I like this one too.
About hyena cubs, they're really rare, Bullyland made it and AAA also marketed one as a hyena cub as you can see here but actually it is more an African wild dog pup which they use as babies for both species.

Thank you Roger!

I'm planning to get more wolves in the future and the Safari Arctic wolf is planned to be this one's mother or better said the canine "queen".

I kind of already thought that Bullyland might have made one as they had many rarer animals and cubs in their range. It's a shame that these cubs are so rare considering that it might be even more appealing for children when they have those little ones to play with. Hopefully there will be more Hyena cubs and African wild dog pups in the future.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Feb 2024, 22:25

*Swiping Dust*

I can't believe how much time passed since I've continued this topic. University took up quite a bit of time but now I finally can dedicate myself more to STS.

Like I promised I will show you my domestic cats today.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here we have this little family. If Schleich continues to release so many kittens I'm not sure if can ever call this family complete.

But now to the reviews.

13770 Cat standing

Here is Schleich's black and white standing tomcat molded in 2014 and released in 2015. Mine was made in Tunisia and came from the 2020 Horse Club advent calendar. He is a nice cat model and especially in comparison to Schleich newest cat simply a masterpiece. I like his coloring quite a bit and especially his eye colour. Amber suits the model really well. His pose is also fine.
Overall he is definitely a decent cat model and I wish that Schleich returns back to making more models like him.

I decided to call him Barley after a character of Warrior Cats even though he doesn't quite hit the character's colouring.
Now a little bit more about Barley:
Barley is a rather strict father. He tries to get his teenager kittens under control, though his sons are not willing to follow his will. Otherwise he is very friendly cat and is always willing to help others and especially his wife with all those kittens. He is wise and polite and is looking forward to be reunited with his brother someday.

13771 Cat sitting

Here is Schleich's grey tabby sitting cat moulded in 2014 and released in 2015. Mine was made in China. From what I can see this mould is genderless and I keep mine as a female. Just like her husband she looks like a rather nice cat to me. The eyes on my model look a little bit weird but still fine in comparison to what Schleich has released this year. I really like her colouring, we just see tabbies way to rarely. Schleich even painted her paw pads and luckily they look much better than the ones her husband has. Overall she is a decent model but I still prefer her counterpart.

I decided to call her Minka for no real reason. I just heard that name and thought that it would suit her.
Now a little bit more about her:
Minka is a rather calm and patient cat. And patience is probably the character trait she needs the most with her ten kittens. Minka rarely gets angry though sometimes her teenager kittens still make that happen. Otherwise she is a very friendly and polite cat that loves nothing more than her little chaotic family.

13674 Kitten

Here we have Schleich's playing kitten moulded in 2010 and released in 2011. Mine were made in Germany. The models are genderless and I keep the all as little tomcats in my collection. One of the "sets" was a birthday gift from my uncle why the other one was a birthday gift from a friend. I like them quite a bit. They just look like little rascals and I love the colours they gave them.

None of them got names unfortunately but I have them as absolute troublemakers in my collection.

Schleich's four little kitten from various sets

Here we have four colour variants of Schleich's kitten mould. Currently I have a full set but I would like to see new colours and not the same brown kitten in every set. The black and white one was from the 2019 Farm World advent calendar, the black spotted one (he belongs to my brother) from the 2020 Horse Club advent calendar, the brown one came from Schleich's vet clinic and the ginger and white one was my most recent feline addition, he came with the 2023 Farm World advent calendar.
Overall I think that they look fine enough for their size. As they are genderless I decided to keep two of them as females for sure, my brother's is a little tomcat and I'm not sure yet about my last one. The black and white one is called "Bagheery" after a plush kitten that has practically the same colour scheme and the brown is called Mouse Fur after a character from Warrior Cats. The other two don't have names yet.

And here is another family pic:

This is all for today. Next up will be some updates as I've gotten some new more models over the past few month.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Feb 2024, 10:10

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Feb 2024, 10:58

Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Feb 2024, 12:05

I'm glad to see you back on the forum, and I hope the time you've been dedicating to university is producing the desired results. It's nice to see the kittens receiving love on the forum; this is a community dedicated to all kinds of animals, and kittens have you as a voice to express themselves. I find that first cat you shared particularly charming.

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Feb 2024, 12:25

Roger wrote:
I'm glad to see you back on the forum, and I hope the time you've been dedicating to university is producing the desired results. It's nice to see the kittens receiving love on the forum; this is a community dedicated to all kinds of animals, and kittens have you as a voice to express themselves. I find that first cat you shared particularly charming.

Thank you Roger!

I also hope that the time spent in university will pay off Very Happy I'm just crossing my fingers that I passed through all exams.
Yes cats are wonderful and Schleich's seems to love this little kitten mould and therefore tries to put it in practically every Farm World and Horse Club set. Well I don't mind as long as they try to diversify the colour scheme a bit more.
The standing cat is a really nice model, he definitely has that cat charm to him I love you
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptySun 18 Feb 2024, 12:59

Katy Leven wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thank you Roger!

I also hope that the time spent in university will pay off Very Happy I'm just crossing my fingers that I passed through all exams.
Yes cats are wonderful and Schleich's seems to love this little kitten mould and therefore tries to put it in practically every Farm World and Horse Club set. Well I don't mind as long as they try to diversify the colour scheme a bit more.
The standing cat is a really nice model, he definitely has that cat charm to him I love you

Let's hope so, Katy! flower Very Happy

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Feb 2024, 13:49

Roger wrote:
Katy Leven wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thank you Roger!

Let's hope so, Katy! flower Very Happy

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Feb 2024, 17:37

Now to my first update post: Today I will show you all the horse model I got over the past few month, for the most part in chronological order of when they came into my collection.

First up:
72153 Arabian stallion

This is Schleich's exclusive grey (on chestnut, at least for now) Arabian stallion moulded in 2016 and released in 2020. Mine was made in China. I really love this little stallion I love you I don't know why but he has a certain appeal to him. He is relatively mildly shaded but still looks rather nice. I've gotten him after having a rather hard week and was very glad to tick him of my wishlist. He is a very handsome boy I love you

I've named him Aleg, after a character out of my stories because he looks like a nearly perfect rendition of this character in horse form.
Now a little bit more about him:
Aleg is a very friendly and polite young stallion. He loves to spend time with his family and to race around with his cousin. Additionally he competes in Endurance racing and a little bit Show Jumping from time to time. Aleg is always kind and polite to everyone around him and is very glad to be reunited with his family again.

Here he is with his cousin Antimony. It's very interesting how much the colour of the model can change their attitude. The white colouring makes the model look so much kinder to me but I think that I still prefer the original one a tiny bit more.

And here he is with his mate Aria. Such a sweet couple and maybe also parents already?

HC magazine 29 83040 Appaloosa foal "Apple"

Here is Schleich's magazine exclusive black blanket (?) foal moulded in 2016 and released in 2021. My model was made in China. This mould is genderless and I keep mine as a filly.
Schleich originally released this mould as a Hannoverian, in this magazine they repainted it to an Appaloosa but I decided to have her as a Knabstrupper/Arabian or Kanbstrupper/Mustang cross, depending on what mother I get her  Laughing .
This my first model on this mould and I do like her quite a bit. She is reasonably detailed for a black magazine exclusive as I have the feeling that her hooves are painted in another shade of black. I like her appy spots and think that she is a nice model overall.

I didn't like the original name "Apple" and therefore renamed her into Assol (Ассоль), after the main character from "Crimson Sales" from the author Alexander Green. I can really recommend reading it, it's a really heartwarming story  I love you
Assol is a rather shy and intelligent little filly. She is probably the entire opposite of her slightly younger twin sister Pixie. The little filly prefers to stay close to her aunt and doesn't like wandering away. Assol looks up to her parents and wants to become such a successful showhorse as them. She is kind and polite to everyone around her and is looking forward to be reunited with her parents again.

HC magazine 46 782346 Knabstrupper foal "Pixie"

Here we have Schleich's magazine exclusive black leopard spotted Knabstrupper foal moulded in 2018 and released in 2023. This mould is genderless and I keep it as a filly. This mould was released originally as a Paint Horse, in this coloration she is meant to be a Knabstrupper and in my collection she is meant to be the same Knabstrupper cross as Assol from above.
This model was actually together with the last model that I will show you today my most recent purchase. But I still wanted to show her directly after her twin sister. To be honest I'm still not sure if I like this mould properly. On one hand she is a nice representation of a foal with those long legs and playful pose. On the other hand though her head and neck look sort of odd to me... Anyway I like her colouring quite a bit and especially the shading around her muzzle. It would have been wonderful if she had more shading overall.

I decided to keep the name Pixie as I think that it suits her.
Now a little bit more about Pixie:
Pixie is a very energetic and outgoing little filly. She loves to zoom around the territories and play with all the other foals. From time to time she can be slightly mischievous and cause quite some trouble, what doesn't amuse her aunt at any bit. Pixie looks up to her parents and wants to become such a successful  showhorse as them. She is mostly polite and friendly to all creatures around her ans is looking forward to be reunited with her parents someday.

Here she is with her twin sister Assol

And here is a little family pic. Poor Kristina has quite a lot of work to do with all those foals. Hopefully her brother-in-law will come to help her soon.

Papo 51543 Camargue Horse

Here we have Papo's grey (on black) Camargue stallion released in 2015. My model was made in Portugal, in week 45 of the year 2022. This handsome boy was a little Christmas present and I am very happy that he has finally joined my collection. He is my first Papo horse and my second Papo addition to my collection. Papo is known for making horses with rather unusual poses. This one here is no exception and that's probably the main reason why I like him so much. His is really photogenic and just very handsome  I love you  
One of his downsides is probably the coloration of his mane and tail. For some reason my model has a purplish tint to them and that looks a little bit odd. Does someone else has this problem with their model?
Well, at least he represents all the colours of the Camargue region: white like the Camargue horse, black like the Camargue bull and pink like the Flamingo  Wink

I decided to call him Cedric like Cedric Diggory from Harry Potter. It just suits him too well  Laughing
Cedric is a slightly older member of the equine kingdom. The calm and wise stallion is one of the closest friends of the royal equine family. He is not too keen on humans and prefers not being ridden. With his kind nature he manged to achieve many friends from all kingdoms. Cedric loves to spent time with his son and is looking forward to be reunited with his wife and daughter again.

Here he is with his yearling son Cobalt:

13855 English Thoroughbred mare

Here we have Schleich's liver chestnut English Thoroughbred mare moulded in 2016 and released in 2018. Mine was made in China. Just like her filly she was released prior to the regular run version as a flaxen chestnut set exclusive in 2017. I know that she is not overpopular, maybe a little bit more than the stallion but I really love her. I like her pose, her mane and tail and the colour of her ribbons. This berry shade suits her quite well and I just love her liver chestnut coat and that the mane and tail are slightly lighter than the rest of her body. Her coat is nicely shaded and they even gave her some horseshoes. The only thing I don't like is her blaze. I think that she would have looked better either with a star or a snip. But otherwise she is a very lovely model.

I decided to call her Elenore because I thought that a noble name would suit her.
Now a little bit more about her character:
Elenore is a calm and friendly young mare. She loves to spend time with her husband and little filly. From time to time she competes in Show Jumping and Eventing. Elenore is kind and polite to everyone around her and is looking forward to be reunited with her older sister at some point.

Here she is with her husband Eric and daughter Estrella:

And here with the whole family:

HC magazine 35 83045 Arabian foal "Goldie"

Here we have Schleich's magazine exclusive Part-Arabian foal moulded in 2013 and released in 2021. Mine was made in China. This mould is genderless and I keep it as a filly.
I got her together with Pixie last Friday as a sort of reward for myself for finishing the exams. I'm still not sure what coat colour Schleich tried to give her. Schleich describes her as a palomino but palominos have a normal black skin and not a pink one like this filly seems to have. She looks more like a cremello, palomino pearl or golden champagne to me. But either way she can't be a purebred Arabian as they don't carry any dilution genes. And that's kind of the problem that I have with her. I just don't know if I should put her with my currently foalless Arabian couple or try to find her other parents, because I wanted them to be purebred Arabians initially.
But now to the model itself. Besides that I don't know what coat colour she actually has, I really like it. Especially her little blaze is very cute. It's still not my favourite mould but I don't dislike it either so she is a fairly nice model overall.

I haven't decided yet if I want to keep her name or not as I don't like that much but I haven't come up with something better yet either so for now she will stay as "Goldie" in my collection.
Goldie is a friendly and playful little filly. She loves to run around with her cousins and explore the territories together with them. The little filly looks up to her parents and wants to become such a great showhorse as them. She is always kind and polite to everyone around her and loves to help others.

Here she is with her cousin Ariana. Normally I tend to prefer darker coat colours but in this case I'm not sure. I think I can't decide properly whom I like more.

Here you can see her with her current parents

And here is the whole family. I think that she ties in nicely.

This is it for today. Next time I'll show you the rest of the animals I got in the past few month.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Feb 2024, 21:59

The Schleich horse series is probably one of the most popular animal figure lines out there. I am truly impressed that despite the brand releasing so many figures annually, including exclusives, there remains a significant niche interested in collateral lines such as the foals from the magazines. It's a collection with a marked identity in this hobby. I'll be keeping an eye out to see what figures and new stories are yet to come.

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 14:47

Roger wrote:
The Schleich horse series is probably one of the most popular animal figure lines out there. I am truly impressed that despite the brand releasing so many figures annually, including exclusives, there remains a significant niche interested in collateral lines such as the foals from the magazines. It's a collection with a marked identity in this hobby. I'll be keeping an eye out to see what figures and new stories are yet to come.

Thank you Roger!

Yes, that might be true. Horse models are rather popular in general and Schleich's Horse Club appeals probably mostly to the younger collectors.
The magazines are a little world for themselves. Some might buy them because some of the models are an important part of the Horse Club stories. My "motivation" is mostly to get decent foals for my families as they sometimes look better than the original release. But I also enjoy reading the comics they include. To my surprise they aren't that "kiddy" like I thought initially and definitely better than Bayala's comics (at least better than the recent ones).
There is definitely more to come soon!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 16:38

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 17:37

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers

Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyThu 22 Feb 2024, 21:45

Today I will show the rest of the animals I got over the past few month

First up:
Bead Zebra

Here we have a little unusual model. It's a Zebra figure that was made out of metal wires and beads. This model is genderless and I keep it as a stallion. He was a gift from one of my friends and came all the way from South Africa. Normally I wouldn't include something like that into my collection but I decided that he should be part of it. I just love how funny he looks, he really has a personality.

After a little bit of thinking I decided to call him Zeke. I think it suits him quite well.
Zeke is a wild young Plains Zebra stallion. He loves to zoom around the territories and cause some trouble from time to time. That doesn't amuse Michael at any means and he tries to calm his nephew down though Zeke doesn't listen to him most of the time. Apart from that he is still rather friendly to most creatures and is looking forward to meet a Zebra mare that would find a place in his heart.

Here he is with his uncle Michael and his family. Michael seems to be a little angry while Mara doesn't care at all. If Zeke behaves well, I might get him Mojo's Zebra mare and foal Wink  

98983b Lamb

Here is Schleich's exclusively painted standing Lamb moulded in 2018 and released in 2023 as a part of Schleich's Farm World calendar 2023. This mould is genderless and my brother keeps it as a male. He was made in Portugal. To be honest I don't really like the way Schleich painted him. The whole paintwork looks rather loveless, I just don't like these patches. The mould itself is cute nevertheless.

He is currently unnamed

Here he is with my other sheep. Even though he would be way to big, I think I will try to get the new Southdown Babydoll sheep (the patchy one) as his mother.

98983a Goat kid

Here we have Schleich's exclusively painted goat kid moulded in 2015 and released in 2023 as part of Schleich's Farm World advent calendar 2023. Mine was made in Vietnam. This mould is genderless and I keep mine as a female. This was the model I was the most excited for but after unpacking her I'm kind of disappointed. It's just the colour of her eyes that doesn't please me at all. Instead of giving her coloured eyes they decided to paint them black which doesn't look good by any means. Otherwise I am very keen on the rest of her colouring just as the mould itself. She is a cute little goat kid.

I didn't give her a name yet but I'll hopefully come up with something in the future.

Here she is with the rest of her family

14350 Bison Calf

Here is Schleich's American Bison calf moulded in 2004 and released in 2005. Mine was made in Portugal. This mould is genderless and I keep it as female. This little model is really special to me as I found her brand new in a little toy shop at the end of last year. I couldn't believe that as she isn't in production since 2010 (if I remember correctly)! She really made up my day as I still wasn't fully recovered from my cold yet and she was also on my wishlist for quite some time. I really like her, she is simply adorable I love you Her colouring looks rather nice as she is well shaded and her eyes aren't simply black but bicoloulred, what is always a nice detail. But my favourite part must be her little horns I love you

Even though she is already quite some time in my collection I didn't come with a name for her yet but maybe I will thin about a fitting name in the future.

16396 Golden Retriever Puppy

Here we have Schleich's Golden Retriever Puppy moulded in 2013 and released in 2014. Mine was made in Tunisia and came from Schleich's Farm World advent calendar 2023. This mould is genderless and I keep it as female in my collection. I like this mould quite a bit and she looks very pretty in the traditional Golden Retriever colouring. She is simply adorable  I love you

I decided to call her Vanilla (Ваниль/Ванилька) but I haven't quite decided yet who of my two Golden Retriever males should be her father.
Now a little bit more about Vanilla:
Vanilla is a calm yet playful little pup. She loves to accompany her father and uncle on their little adventures and enjoys to play with the other puppies. Vanilla is friendly and polite to everyone around her and is looking forward to be reunited with her mother again.

Here you can see her with Lily, the exclusive white model. I think that I prefer the original one a little bit more.

And here she is with her father and uncle. She looks more like Lucky but I would kind of prefer Jack as her father... we shall see what the future will bring us.

This is it for today. Next time I will show all my big kitties to you.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyThu 22 Feb 2024, 23:55

Very interesting zebra. I didn't even know the word bead. We call those little things as missangas. It is a great job, actually. I often forget about those callendar figures so it is interesting to have someone to remind me about them. I like the bison calf. It is a great one as it was the Cape buffalo calf or the kudu.

sunny

Country/State : uk

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyFri 23 Feb 2024, 02:55

Katy Leven wrote:

First up:
Bead Zebra

what a very beautiful and handsome looking zebra indeed!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyFri 23 Feb 2024, 14:18

Roger wrote:
Very interesting zebra. I didn't even know the word bead. We call those little things as missangas. It is a great job, actually. I often forget about those callendar figures so it is interesting to have someone to remind me about them. I like the bison calf. It is a great one as it was the Cape buffalo calf or the kudu.

Thank you Roger!

I think I've heard the word "beads" before but I had to translate it anyway, so that I could be sure that it was the right word for "Perle" (which means also "pearl") or "Бусинка" the Russian word for it. Missangas sounds interesting, I think I've never heard that before but I don't really know much about Portuguese.

Yes he looks quite good, I like those bead animals in general. I think I also have a little crocodile somewhere if I remember correctly Wink

Sometimes the calendar models are a step up from the original but not these ones unfortunately. The little black goat kid was originally also an advent calendar exclusive and I probably like her a little bit more than the newer one.

Yes, the little Bison calf is really awesome! It's really a pity that no company is currently making one. The Cape Buffalo and Kudu calf are also both on my wishlist.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyFri 23 Feb 2024, 14:19

sunny wrote:
Katy Leven wrote:

First up:
Bead Zebra

what a very beautiful and handsome looking zebra indeed!

Thank you Sunny!

He definitely is!
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 16:48

Today I will show most of my big cats to you. We'll go size-wise from small to big.

First up my only Lynx model:
14627 Lynx

Here is Schleich's Lynx moulded in 2009 and released in 2010. Mine was made in China. This mould is genderless and I keep it as a female in my collection. I got this girl from one of the earliest EDEKA series and therefore she is made out of a lighter material. She looks lovely. I love her colouring and her pose looks quite nice as well. She seems to be out on a hunt. I was very happy to see that her paw pads are also painted and not left in the same beige tone like her body. Overall she is a very nice little Lynx.

I wanted to give her a name but nothing came to my mind yet. She is meant to be the main guardian of the royal family due to her speed and intelligence.
I hope to get Papo's Lynx as her mate and the little Toymany Lynx as her cub (or the Schleich one if I'm lucky enough to find one).

Next up are my two Cheetahs:

14746 female Cheetah

Here we have Schleich's female Cheetah moulded in 2015 and released in 2016. Mine was made in China and was also part of a previous EDEKA series. Just like the Lynx she is made out of a lighter material.
Again, I really love her swift pose. It seems like something has grabbed her attention while she was walking. Her colouring looks also rather nice and her paw pads are also painted. Overall she is a decent Cheetah model.

I didn't give her a name yet.

14327 Cheetah cub

Here is Schleich's Cheetah cub moulded in 2003 and released in 2004. Mine was made in Germany. This mould is genderless and I keep it as a little male. I got him during one of my "birthday hauls" many years ago along with many other little critters you will see further on.
He is a very cute little cub. His coat colour looks nice and while his pose isn't exciting, I still like it. His paw pads are also painted what is always a nice little touch. He is a lovely model overall.

He wasn't named yet either unfortunately.

And another family pic. Hopefully I will be able to get him a father soon.

Now to my only Snow Leopard:
CollectA 88497 Snow Leopard Cub playing

Here we have CollectA's Snow Leopard cub released in 2011 and made in China. This mould is genderless and I keep it as a female. I got her together with the Fjord foal and Friesian yearling as birthday presents and currently she is my last CollectA model though you will see two more further on.
This girl is one of my favourite models in my collection. For some reason I really love her. Her colouring is overall alright, I love how they painted her eyes though. The pose is simply adorable  I love you I just love how playful she looks and her long tail.

I decided to call her Snowflake.
Snowflake is a playful little Snow Leopard cub. She loves to play with other cubs and wander around the territories. Snowflake is very kind and likes to help others out. The little cub is friendly and polite to everyone around her and is looking forward to be reunited with her parents again.

And here is a little picture of her face. She is simply adorable  I love you  

The last species for today will be my Jaguars both black and "normal". We'll start of with the regular ones:

14359 Jaguar

Here is Schleich's Jaguar moulded in 2006 and released in 2007. This mould seems to be genderless and I keep it as a male. Mine was made in China.
This model was part of another birthday haul that was a year (or more) later than the one with the baby animals. I went to a shop back then and they had lots of models for a reduced price and so I decided to pick up a few. I didn't realize at first that those models were actually the ones that retired that year and I'm very happy that I was able to get them for my collection. The Hannoverian colt was also part of that lot.
But now to the model itself. I really like his pose and the way his face is painted. He looks so much better than the new mould to me, he seems to be a little more realistic. His rosettes are painted nicely and he has also painted paw pads.

I didn't give him a name yet unfortunately.

14622 Jaguar Cub

Here we have Schleich's Jaguar cub moulded in 2009 and released in 2010. Mine was made in Germany. This mould is genderless and I keep it as a female. She was part of the same lot as the Cheetah cub from above.
She is endlessly adorable I love you I love her pose. She looks so cheeky but also cute in the same time. Her colouring is fine enough but her paw pads look quite messy. Otherwise she is a fine model.

I decided to call her Lala because she reminds me of that cat.
Lala is an energetic little Jaguar cub. She loves to play with the other cubs and to explore the territories with them and her father. Sometimes she can be a little bit mischievous but most of the time she behaves well. Lala is friendly and polite to all creatures from all kingdoms and is looking forward to be reunited with her mother sometimes.

And here is another family pic. I hope that I can find a female/genderless Jaguar model for them.

And last but not least: my black Jaguars

14774 Black Panther

Here we have Schleich's Black Jaguar moulded in 2016 and released in 2017. This mould was sculpted as a male. Mine was made in China.
I think that it's a fine mould overall but I still don't like him that much. His colouring is nicely done. I especially like his little rosettes and his paw pads seems to be painted separately as well, which is a nice touch. The part that I don't like most of him is probably his face. I just don't like it for some reason. His pose overall is fine though not as appealing as from the older Jaguar.

He doesn't have a name yet.

And here is a little comparison picture with the older sculpt.

Bullyland 63603 Black Panther Cub

Here is Bullyland's Black Panther cub released in 2007 and made in China. This mould is genderless and I keep mine as male.
He is quite big and probably one of my biggest cat cubs. I love his green eyes and his little brownish muzzle. His tail tip looks also quite cute. Overall I really like this little model and I'm very happy that he could join my collection.

I decided to call him Mowgli just for fun.
Mowgli is a friendly black Panther cub. He is a little bit older than the other big cat cubs but still likes to play and wander around the territories with them. Mowgli is friendly and polite to everyone around him and is looking forward to be reunited with his mother again.

And here is another family pic. I really hope to get a mother for him, but I'm not sure if she'll be a Jaguar...

This is it for today. Next up  will be my last two big cat families.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 17:19

cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 18:03

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers cheers

Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 23:02

Schleich marketed that lynx as a female so your choice is correct.
Please get the Papo, the Schleich is good, Papo's is even better.
Schleich improved their cheetahs from one generation to the other. First is cute, very Schleichy with a big head but not an ugly model. Yours is a kind of improved version of the first with a more realistic look. The current one is really spectacular, with a great pose and proportions.
CollectA snow leopards never got much atention on forum, it's nice to see one in your collection and you are right, her eyes look really great!
I agree that jaguar is better than the new mould, the newer one looks more modern because it is more textured but defintely not as good as this one. The only competitor I can remember now is the Safari WS current jaguar.
The tail tip of your Bullyland shows it is probably a lion cub mold because jaguars or leopards do not have it.So funny that you call Mogli to Bagheera.

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Katy's little but actively growing collection
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next