Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Katy's little but actively growing collection

Go down 
+8
George
widukind
Bonnie
Brandubh94
Jill
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Katy Leven
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 27, 2024 11:38 pm

Nice cats cubs collection! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 3:39 pm

Roger wrote:
Schleich marketed that lynx as a female so your choice is correct.
Please get the Papo, the Schleich is good, Papo's is even better.
Schleich improved their cheetahs from one generation to the other. First is cute, very Schleichy with a big head but not an ugly model. Yours is a kind of improved version of the first with a more realistic look. The current one is really spectacular, with a great pose and proportions.
CollectA snow leopards never got much atention on forum, it's nice to see one in your collection and you are right, her eyes look really great!
I agree that jaguar is better than the new mould, the newer one looks more modern because it is more textured but defintely not as good as this one. The only competitor I can remember now is the Safari WS current jaguar.
The tail tip of your Bullyland shows it is probably a lion cub mold because jaguars or leopards do not have it.So funny that you call Mogli to Bagheera.

Thank you Roger!

I would love to get Papo's Lynx. He looks nicely done.
The little Snow Leopard cub is probably the only model I like from CollectA's family. The adult never really attracted me but this little playing one is endlessly adorable! I'm very happy to have her in my collection.

WS is the standard sized series, right? The big models are from the IC and WW line if I remember correctly...
I actually didn't pay any attention to this model before. I knew that it existed also in a melanistic version but never really thought about getting one or the other. After looking it up I have to admit that I like it. If it's a female or genderless model I might pick it up for my collection.

I was also wandering about his tail tip  Laughing  Now I definitely see that it shouldn't be like that but I still like him. Bagheera will be the name of his mother because in the Russian version Bagheera is actually a female and I wanted to stick with my childhood memories.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 3:40 pm

Caracal wrote:
Nice cats cubs collection! cheers cheers

Thank you!

Big cats are my passion I love you
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 8:57 pm

Katy Leven wrote:

WS is the standard sized series, right? The big models are from the IC and WW line if I remember correctly...

That's correct! Very Happy

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 5:21 pm

Today I will show all my Tigers to you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This family is completely Schleich-free Laughing Tigers are probably my favourite cats and I love this little family quite a bit I love you Unfortunately none of my Tigers has a name yet even though they are already quite some time in my collection. Maybe one day I will think of something nice for them.

Bullyland 63580 White Tiger

This is Bullyland's White Tiger released in 2002. It is sculpted as a male and mine was made in Germany. This model and his cub are currently the oldest moulds in my collection. Not only that, they are also together with Schlleich's Zebra family my first ever residents of it. I got all five on my first schoolday. This makes him and his cub also my first Bullyland models.
One can see his age a little bit as he has some rubs and is partially yellowed but he still looks relatively fine. I really like him even though I wouldn't call him the most appealing Tiger model. He has just some sentimental value and that's what I cherish him for the most. And like most Bullyland models he has just some sort of charm to him. He is a nice huge Tiger model that will always have a place in my heart I love you I'm still debating if I should name him Sheer-Khan or not scratch Wink but he is the king of the Feline Kingdom anyway.

Bullyland 63581 White Tiger Cub

This is Bullyland's White Tiger Cub released in 2002 (?). This mould is genderless and my brother keeps him as a male. He was made in Germany. For some reason I haven't found him on Toy Animal Wiki, at least not on the Tiger page. His "red" counterpart is there though scratch Did I just miss him there?
Anyways he was named "White" Crying or Very sad I think it isn't that visible on the photos but this little cub is unfortunately very badly yellowed... Well he is nearly thirteen years old, so it's not that surprising (time flies by...).
Nevertheless I like him quite a bit. He has a nice pose and one can't go really wrong with cubs. White is simply a cutie I love you

Papo 50156 Lying Tigress with Cubs

First the mum:

Here we have Papo's nursing Tigress released in 2013. Mine was made in China. I got this model(s) on my ninth birthday and they were my first figurines from Papo.
I really love this model I love you Papo's feline models are top notch and she's definitely no exception. She looks so calm and gentle and really has something regal to her. Mine was painted really well luckily. She is just a very beautiful model I love you

And now the cubs themselves:

These little ones are just endlessly adorable I love you Just like their Mum they were made in China. The models seem to be genderless and I keep the two "quite" ones as females and the "crying" one as a male. These three are also painted very well considering their tiny size.
Here is also a picture showing them from underneath, such cute little paw pads!

And here is another family pic:

Next time I will show the true royal family of all the kingdoms to you.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptySat Mar 09, 2024 10:20 pm

Katy, I also love tigers. They are not exactly a special collecting subject in my collection as it happens with foxes or anteaters but I actually also have a good number of them. Especially from Papo.
I agree and love your words about these Bullyland models and about the importance they have for you. I hope you continue like this and despite their age, you continue loving them as the first time you got these figures.
The white tiger cub is really not on TAW because nobody owned it, not even Susanne who pictured the majority of the Bullyland figures. If you allow me to use your picture, I can list yours and put your childhood toy on the TAW wall of fame. Laughing

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 9:15 am

Roger wrote:
Katy, I also love tigers. They are not exactly a special collecting subject in my collection as it happens with foxes or anteaters but I actually also have a good number of them. Especially from Papo.
I agree and love your words about these Bullyland models and about the importance they have for you. I hope you continue like this and despite their age, you continue loving them as the first time you got these figures.
The white tiger cub is really not on TAW because nobody owned it, not even Susanne who pictured the majority of the Bullyland figures. If you allow me to use your picture, I can list yours and put your childhood toy on the TAW wall of fame. Laughing

Thank you Roger!

Tigers are great animals and especially Papo has made some very nice models. I also like Foxes and Anteaters quite a bit but I don't collect them as thoroughly as you do.
That is somewhat funny that nobody owned it, although it is a rather common model...
Oh, thank you for this opportunity! I've tried to make a better picture with a black box and a Lego brick Laughing Not sure if that worked out properly but I will upload it here a little bit later anyways.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 2:38 pm

Nice tigers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 3:33 pm

Katy Leven wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thank you Roger!

Tigers are great animals and especially Papo has made some very nice models. I also like Foxes and Anteaters quite a bit but I don't collect them as thoroughly as you do.
That is somewhat funny that nobody owned it, although it is a rather common model...
Oh, thank you for this opportunity! I've tried to make a better picture with a black box and a Lego brick Laughing Not sure if that worked out properly but I will upload it here a little bit later anyways.

It will work for sure. I personally never buy the white versions of the tigers and I often notice, while building TAW, that the alternative colors of wild animal models are absent. It also has happened with a few Safari among others. I think it is because we avoid buying figures of the same exact molds. For example, my two black panther figures do not have a corresponding standard spotted version.

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 6:03 pm

Roger wrote:
Katy Leven wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thank you Roger!

It will work for sure. I personally never buy the white versions of the tigers and I often notice, while building TAW, that the alternative colors of wild animal models are absent. It also has happened with a few Safari among others. I think it is because we avoid buying figures of the same exact molds. For example, my two black panther figures do not have a corresponding standard spotted version.

That sure makes sense. I think that I never wanted to get the red versions of my Bullyland Tigers either and that was kind of also my plan with my horse collection... Well I couldn't really resist in the end, some moulds just have to come in multiple coat colours  Laughing

Anyway here are the "proper" TAW like Lego brick pictures:
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 7:42 pm

widukind wrote:
Nice tigers

Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 8:29 pm

Thanks Katy, now your white kitty is on TAW next to loads of other white tigers. Pictures are more than good to help other collectors to identify their figures. The Lego brick is always useful. :)
The fact I mentioned wild animal figures is exactly because horse collectors have a different phylosophy and often color variations of the same mold are interesting.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptySun Mar 10, 2024 8:45 pm

When I look at the first tiger pic I thought it was the small Bandai from 2022 and suddenly I discvered the Lego brick pics to realized it was a Bullyland. Even if I prefer the Papo tigers, this one and his mom are nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 4:58 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks Katy, now your white kitty is on TAW next to loads of other white tigers. Pictures are more than good to help other collectors to identify their figures. The Lego brick is always useful. :)
The fact I mentioned wild animal figures is exactly because horse collectors have a different phylosophy and often color variations of the same mold are interesting.
Thank you Roger!

I never thought that I could contribute to TAW in that way! Hopefully that will help other collectors someday.

Yeah, sometimes multiple coat colours on one mould look very nice together in display. That's also what Bayala with their little unicorn foals does. They release them again and again in different coat colours and one just wants to collect a good portion of that Laughing
Luckily there is mostly a rather low possibility to make it with Wildlife models that way.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 5:01 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
When I look at the first tiger pic I thought it was the small Bandai from 2022 and suddenly I discvered the Lego brick pics to realized it was a Bullyland. Even if I prefer the Papo tigers, this one and his mom are nice Very Happy

Thank you Christophe!

The only thing, if you mean the adult White Tiger it's not a mom. Little me also thought like this in the beginning until she looked closer...
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptyMon Mar 11, 2024 7:45 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, meet the one and only reagents of all Modelanimal kingdoms!

Welcome the royal Lion family!

Well this family consists currently entirely out of Schleich model and is not fully complete yet. We shall see what the future will bring us.

But now let's begin:
14726 Roaring Lion

Here we have Schleich's roaring Lion moulded in 2014 and released in 2015. He was made in China and was part of one of previous EDEKA series's. This model belongs to my brother.
I quite like this model, it definitely has it's charm. The colour scheme looks rather nice and I like his pose quite well either. Overall he is a decent Lion model.

His name is very surprisingly Mufasa Laughing
Now a little bit more about him:
Mufasa is an older member of the kingdoms. He is a little bit grumpy every now and then but is also friendly and polite most of the time. Together with his oldest son Simba he is leading all the kingdoms. Apart from his royal duties he loves to spend time with his family and especially playing with his little grandkittens. Mufasa is respected by all members of all kingdoms and is looking forward to be reunited with his wife and the rest of his family.

42321a White Roaring Lion

Here we have Schleich's set exclusively painted White roaring Lion moulded in 2014 and released in 2016 as a part of the set 42321 "Adventure at the waterhole". Mine was made in China.
I probably like this model even more that the original. I got this set as a birthday present some years ago and it was my favourite thing to play with as a kid. I just love this waterhole and back then when I had it displayed all of the wild animals were living somewhere on and around it (my collection was a little smaller at the time Wink ).
The Lion king was one of the main characters there of course.

As I'm creative I've called him Simba.
Now a little bit more about our king:
Simba is the main king of all the kingdoms but he is very glad that his father still rules with him. He is a very kind and wise reagent and always searches for the best way for his kingdoms. Apart from his royal duties he loves to spend time with his beloved family. He is respected by all members of all kingdoms and is looking forward to be reunited with his mother and the rest of the family again.

42505a White Lioness

This is Schleich's set exclusively painted White Lioness moulded in 2018 and released in 2020 as a part of the set "Lioness with cubs". Mine was made in Portugal.
I was not expecting to like her that much but I actually like her the best from the whole set. She has some nice details overall which make her look a little bit skinny but for some reason I even like her more than the previous Lioness mould. She is not painted much but has pink coloured paw pads. Overall she is a very decent Lioness.

Have you tried to guess her name? I decided to call her Nala.
Now a little bit more about her:
Nala is currently the only queen who rules all the kingdoms. She is a very calm, patient and wise reagent who searches always for the best way for her kingdom. Apart from her duties she loves to spend time with her family. Nala is always friendly and polite to all around her and is respected by every member of every kindom.

42321b White Lion Cub

Here we have Schleich's set exclusively painted White Lion cub moulded in 2009 and released in 2016 as a part of the set 42321 "Adventures at the waterhole". Mine was made in China. This model was sculpted as a male.
I really love this little cub. He has such a cute and curious pose I love you His colouring looks also quite well. Overall he is a decent little Lion cub.

His name falls a little bit out of the main scheme. I decided to call him Alakey after the Lion from Disney's Madagascar.
Alakey, mostly called simply Alex, is a playful little lion cub. He is the heir to the kingdoms' throne and is looking forward to become king himself one day. Alex loves to play with his siblings, parents and grandfather just as with many other cubs and calves. He is friendly and polite to everyone and is looking forward to be reunited with his grandmother and the rest of his family at some point.

42505b White Lion cub standing

Here we have Schleich's set exclusive White Lion cub moulded in 2019 and released in 2020 as a part of the set 42505 "Lioness with cubs". This mould seems to be genderless and I keep it as a female. Mine was made in Portugal.
I was looking forward to get this little cubs but when I unpacked this set I was shocked quite a bit. Her pose is fine but her eyes ruin it all. She looks so scary! That was very disappointing. Nowadays I got a little bit more used to it, but she still looks scary to me.

Her name also falls out of the main scheme. I decided to call her Khaleesi.
Now a little bit more about her:
Khaleesi is a very playful and curious little Lioness. She loves to wander around the territories and to make friends in every kingdom. The young Lioness is looking up to her family and wishes to become such a good reagent as they are. Khaleesi is friendly and polite to everyone around her and is looking forward to be reunited with her grandmother and the rest of her family again.

42505c White Lion cub lying

Here is Schleich's set exclusive White Lion cub moulded in 2019 and released in 2020 as a part of the set 42505 "Lioness with cubs". It seems to be sculpted as a male. Mine was made in Portugal.
He is luckily not as scary as his sister but still looks a little bit scary. I do like his pose quite a bit.

I decided to name him Kion.
Kion is a playful little Lion cub. He loves to play with his siblings, parents and grandfather just as with many other cubs and calves. Kion looks up to his family and wishes to become such a good reagent as them. He is kind and polite to everyone around him and is looking forward to be reunited with his grandmother and the rest of his family again.

Here are father and son together side by side

And here is another family pic

This is it for today. More to come soon.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 2:16 pm

Today I will show two very different animals to you as a connection to the next group of my mammals.

First up:
14833 Red Panda

Here we have Schleich's Red Panda moulded in 2019 and released in 2020. This mould seems to be genderless and I keep it as a male. Mine was made in China.
I really like this little fella. He looks very cute but in the same time also slightly angry with his mouth open. One can even see his little teeth, at least the lower ones. His colouring looks also quite nice just as his pose. He was a surprise Christmas gift not too long ago and I am very happy that he became a part of my collection. I've picked him for this post because in German Red Pandas are also called "Katzenbär" what literally means "Catbear", even though he hasn't too much in common with both. So you can guess which animals come next  Wink

I've decided to name him Firefox because my father always told me that the animal of that browser's logo is meant to be a Red Panda.
Firefox is a calm little Red Panda. He can be slightly grumpy from time to time when some young animals disturb him but most of the time he is friendly and willing to help others. Firefox likes to spend time on top of a tree where practically no one can reach him but he also likes to have a little chat with some other animals. He is mostly kind and polite to everyone around him and is looking forward to be reunited with his wife again.

14844 Anteater

Here we have Schleich's Anteater moulded in 2020 and released in 2021. Mine was made in Portugal. This mould seems to be genderless and I keep mine as a male.
He is a very neat Anteater and the ones who have seen this model in person know that he is huge. Before I saw him in stores I haven't expected him to be that big but I still like him very much. I just like Anteaters in general and when I heard that Schleich releases a new rendition of it I just had to have him. His colouring and pose look quite nice.
I have this model in a garden shop for a discounted price which I am very happy about. Just as the Red Panda I picked him because of the German name for this post. In German we call Anteaters "Ameisenbär" and that literally means "Antbear".
He hasn't got a name yet unfortunately.

This is it for today. Next up are my bears.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 5:26 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 6:17 pm

Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2024 10:13 pm

I have this Schleich red panda too. It is a nice model in my opinion. Actually, red pandas are sometimes called fire foxes so the browser got the name from them and that's a perfect name for this animal even if it is not a fox as you know.
Obviously I also have the giant anteater, I mean obviously because they are one of my main collecting subjects. It is a fact there are other anteater figures I like most but I also enjoy the different look of this Schleich figure.

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Katy's little but actively growing collection
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9