Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Katy's little but actively growing collection

Go down 
+8
George
widukind
Bonnie
Brandubh94
Jill
Roger
Saarlooswolfhound
Katy Leven
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 7:41 pm

Today I will show you all my incomplete trios.

First trio: the Knabstrupper family
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

13769 Knabstrupper mare
Here is the black leopard spotted Knabstrupper mare moulded in 2014 and released in 2015. My model was made in Tunisia. Probably everyone that is familiar with the three Knabstrupper mare generations from Schleich has his or her own opinion which one is the best. Well, I am definitely for this girl here. She has a nice and dynamic pose and her colouring is rather nice too. I love her short mane and her windblown tail. She is very nicely shaded but my favourite part of her must be her heartshaped spot on her head I love you . Her only downside is that because of her pose she tends to tilt to one side more and more over time. Otherwise she is a very pretty girl and one of my absolute favourites in my collection. To some of my horses I assign astrological signs. She just gives me this Scorpio vibe, being a little bit mysterious, keeping to oneself - that's kind of what I see when I look at her pretty and kind of sad face. Her pose does resemble the way Scorpio is drawn as well.

I decided to name her Kristina because it was the first name that came to my mind when I saw her.
Now a little bit more about Kristina:
Kristina, or also called Kristy by her husband and friends, is a rather secretive young mare. She is more of an introvert and likes to keep to herself rather than run around and talk to everyone. Kristy doesn't have many friends but one of her best friends is the second youngest horse princess with whom she actually talks quite a bit. Most of her time she spends with her twin foals. She is more of a stricter mother but not too protective. Cora and Kai can go with their friends when they want to but they know that their mother will watch from distance to be sure that they are safe. Kristina is fine with humans and competes in the English disciplines  jumping, dressage and eventing. For the most part she prefers dressage. Kristina is polite to every creature of the kingdoms and is looking forward to be reunited with her husband again.

13760 Knabstrupper foal
Here is the black leopard spotted Knabstrupper foal moulded in 2013 and released in 2014. Mine was made in China. The mould is genderless and I keep mine as a filly. I like this mould quite a bit. She is in a nice standing pose looking slightly alert but also calm in the same time. I especially like her pink muzzle and the heartshaped spot on her left front leg. Her shading is really nice and it gives depth to her coat colour. I like her a little bit more than her twin brother.

I decided to call her her Corazón, which is Spanish for heart, because of the heartshaped spot on her leg.
Now a little bit more about her character:
Corazón, mostly called Cora, is a calm and friendly filly. She is a little bit more like her dad than her mum and is more outgoing and shows curiosity. Cora is the older twin and feels therefore responsible for her little brother. But most of her time she spends apart from him with her friends. She is as determined as her mother and wants to become a show horse as her. Otherwise she is kind to every creature of the kingdoms and is looking forward to meet her father someday.

13890 Knabstrupper colt
Here is the black leopard spotted Knabstrupper foal moulded in 2018 and released in 2019. Mine was made in Vietnam.
The mould was sculpted as a colt. My model is not from the regular line but a "special" from our grocery store line called EDEKA. Nearly every year they offer Schleich figures cheaper when you collect a certain amount of points during a limited amount of time. During the first couple of years they offered figures from the Wild Life line in all sizes but only adult ones. The last two years they offer figures from Farm World (and foals from Horse Club) but only with green and red points. So currently you can't get an adult cow or horse which does annoy me quite a bit. These figures are made of a lighter and more rubbery material than the regular figures. You will see several of these throughout my collection.
I was a little iffy about getting a foal out of this line because I had the concern that it's legs would be too thin and the whole figure would be a little bit too rubbery for my taste. But when I got him I was surprised how well he was actually made. His quality is nearly as good as the regular one. So if you come across such a figure I can definitely recommend getting it.
Now to the model itself. He is really adorable I love you I like how he is holding up his tail and his pose in general is quite nice. The only think that I don't like too much is his colouring. It is rather flat with no shading at all. Otherwise he is a very cute little colt.
I decided to call mine Kai, kind of as a counterpart to the rather wild Kai in Lego Ninjago.
Now a little bit more about his character:
Kai is a rather shy and timid colt. He resembles more his mother than his father and prefers to stay close to her most of the time. From time to time he plays with other calmer colts and runs around with them. He admires both his parents and wishes to become such a good show horse as them. Kai is friendly to all of the kingdom's creatures and is looking forward to meet his father someday.

Now the second trio: The Mustang family
These guys are rocking in their cool coatcolours!

13806 Mustang mare
Here we have the Mustang mare moulded in 2015 and released in 2016. My model was made in China. Schleich probably tried to give her a buckskin colouring. Though the points on her hind legs (the black colouring) don't reach the height they have to reach for a realistic colouring which is pretty sad. Because otherwise her colouring is simply amazing! The shading on this model is really nicely done. I like her standing pose. She looks very calm and sweet.

I decided to name her Margarita (Маргарита) to go with her stallion Max as both names belong to my favourites for some reason. And I just think that it kind of reflects her kind and soft nature.
Now a little bit more about Margarita:
Margarita, mostly called simply Rita (Рита) or sometimes Margo (Марго), is a calm and patient young mare. She is currently in foal and is really excited to become mother. Rita loves to spend time with her beloved husband though she is sometimes slightly annoyed by how protective he can get towards her. She does not come along too well with his little sister but has a rather neutral position towards her. Rita has a decent amount of friends as she is kind to everyone and always there to help out.

13805 Mustang stallion
This is the flaxen liver chestnut Mustang stallion molded in 2015 and released in 2016. Mine was made in China. This boy is probably one of the most popular recent horse models in Schleich's range. And I can definitely see why. I love him, he is one of my absolute favourite stallions in my collection. His pose is dynamic and I love his colouring. I just love flaxen liver chestnut horses because of the high contrast between their manes and tails and the body. Mine has unfortunately only on one side the flame-like colouring, probably because it faded out on the other side. He was a gift from my Grandma together with another mare that I will show later.

I decided to call him Max because it is one of my favourite names and he is one of my favourite horses. I am excited to see how Schleich will recolour him this time.
Now a little bit more about Max:
Max is a very energetic and rather wild stallion. He is not keen on humans at all and prefers to stay away from any kind of riding. On the other hand he is a very gentle stallion. Max loves his wife to death and is very excited to become father. Therefore he spends most of his time caring for his wife what does not always please her. Max has also a little sister about whom he cares a lot. But Lightning tends to annoy him quite a bit as she is even wilder than him. Max hopes that she will settle down a bit when she becomes mother. From time to time Max roams out with his friends. He loves to gallop around the territories and make friends with any kind of creature.

Such a cute couple I love you

Safari Ltd 153805 Roan Mustang mare
Here is the blue roan Mustang mare released by Safari Ltd in 2004. My model was made in china. She is currently my only model from Safari that is not a Dragon. I love her colouring! Blue roans are on top of my favourite coat colurs list. And because it is airbrushed (at least I think it is) it gives her coat a nice touch of realism. They gave her even a dorsal stripe! This girl is simply stunning. Her pose is very dynamic and apart from her coat colouring I adore her little star. They have even given her a little bit of feathering on her feet which the Schleich models lack. I currently don't have her husband but a good part of her family in law.

I decided to call her Lightning (Молния) because of her active pose and because her colouring reminds me of storm clouds.
Now a little bit more about Lightning:
Lightning has a rather fierce character. She doesn't fear anyone and won't hesitate to fight back verbally if someone would annoy her. Lightning is still rather young and likes to tease her older brother from time to time. She is currently in foal but that doesn't stop her from being the wild character she is. Most of the time she roams around the terretories. She prefers to stay away from her family in law as she is not very welcomed there being a wild Mustang. Like Max she is not keen on humans and tries to stay away as far as possible from any kind of riding. Otherwise she likes helping out others and is looking forward to be reunited with her husband again.

Next up are my  "complete" trios.

Last edited by Katy Leven on Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 7:58 pm

Those are gorgeous horses, especially the Knabstrupper family. I actually have the mother knabstrupper on my wishlist because they plain one I have is definitely not my favourite.
I also have the dad Mustang and adore him, his mane and tail is a gorgeous contrast to the rest of his body.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 8:02 pm

I would definitely agree. Max's colour is super cool.
Do you have the old Knabstrupper mare from 2007 or the new one from 2020?
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 8:11 pm

widukind wrote:
cheers cheers cheers
Thank you, Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 8:30 pm

I have the new knabstrupper actually and I think the older ones seem .nicer?
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 8:39 pm

Interesting.
I can't say that properly because I have none of these but the older has detailed eyes while the new one looks a little bit... well I don't know, I must say that I really dislike the newer one and am really happy with my Kristy. The newer one is just part of Schleich's not very successful era of horses. Luckily they are getting better the last few years and will hopefully continue doing that.
But I'm still curious: how did you name her?
You always come up with such creative names.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 8:56 pm

Yes I did give her a name, she's definitely not my favourite and I agree with the latter years in models, they seem very dull and unrealistic?
I called her Brecca actually which is an Irish word for 'spotted' or 'speckled' which fits with her coat pattern at least
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 29, 2023 4:42 pm

That's a nice name for sure.
Back to top Go down
Jill

Jill

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 30, 2023 9:12 pm

Lovely horses, roan and liver chestnut are two of my favorite horse colors. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 9:50 am

Jill wrote:
Lovely horses, roan and liver chestnut are two of my favorite horse colors. Very Happy
Thank you Jill!
They are definitely some of my favourite coat colours as well.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 5:00 pm

Today I will present my first complete trio to you. Complete trios consist out of a stallion (gelding), a mare and a foal.
Though it doesn't mean necessary that the families themself are complete...

The Haflinger family

This family is a little bit special from a collector' s point of view as they came out in 2017 but their mould stamp says 2015. I've heard that some collectors collect models from different production countries as they tend to have different paintjobs. But I've never heard that there are people who collect same moulds but with dfferent mould stamps. There are few moulds that have that phenomenon. One of them is the Lipizzaner mare released in 2005. I don't own this model but I've seen models that have the mould stamp 2001 and models with the mould stamp 2004, which is the correct one.
I'm not sure if all models of this Haflinger family have the same issue, but the mare definitely has. The Haflinger stallion and foal that I have, have the mould stamp 2015 while the mare's mould stamp says 2016 and I know that there were other models of her with the 2015 stamp.
Does anyone know more about the issue with the Haflingers?

Now to the family itself
13813 Haflinger stallion

Here we have the flaxen chestnut Haflinger stallion moulded in 2015 and released in 2017. My model was made in Portugal. He is a decent little stallion. I like how curly his mane and tail are. His colouring is pretty nice as well.
Did you notice? His ears are turned into different directions. A very cute detail and probably my favourite part of him.

I decided to call him Hercules (Геркулес) as Haflingers are known for their strength.
Now a little bit more about him:
Hercules is a rather easy going stallion but a little bit more active than his wife. From time to time he likes to gallop around the territories with his son. Hercules is known for being one of the current equine king's best friends. Overall he is a friendly and gentle stallion that is kind to every creature of every kingdom.

These two could be twins colourwise Laughing

13812 Haflinger mare

Here is the flaxen chestnut Haflinger mare moulded in 2016 and released in 2017. My model was made in Portugal. She is a very pretty little mare. I like how they made the braids in her mane and tail. For some reason Schleich decided that their Haflinger mares need some sort of red ribbons or flowers in their manes and tails. It is interesting that all of their Haflinger mare except the two oldest models have such a detail. I think that red suits this model really well. My favourite from Schleich's Haflinger mares is probably the one from 2006 but this girl is closely behind. I especially like her blaze though mine lacks the subtle pinking on her muzzle, which is kind of sad. Overall she is a decent model.

I decided to name her Helga because I thought that this name would represent her calm nature well.
Helga is a very calm and easy going mare. There is nearly nothing that can get her out of her patience not even her wild colt. Helga is fine with humans and competes in Western disciplines. She is known for being one of the current equine queen's best friends. Overall she is friendly and polite to all of the kingdom's creatures.

13814 Haflinger colt

Here is the flaxen chestnut Haflinger foal moulded in 2015 and released in 2017. Mine was made in China. The mould was sculpted as a colt. I love this little colt. He is very adorable and looks quite mischievous. I love the little star on his forehead. He is a very neat foal.

I decided to call him Thunder (Гром) because it suits his rather wild character.
Now a little bit more about Thunder:
Thunder is a very wild little colt. He loves to gallop around the territories and causing trouble from time to time. His friends are surprisingly rather timid compared to him. But otherwise he is still friendly to most of the creatures especially when he visits the royal family.

I have currently no plans on extending this little family.

More to come soon.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 5:37 pm

Lovely little horses, they look so sweet and pony like. I don't have any of these either but I'm sure the halflinger gelding is on my wishlist
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 7:20 pm

Thank you, yes they are really sweet. I especially like that they gave the stallion a rather dark coat colour because mostly all companies give their Haflingers a light coat.

The family retired last year entirely (well technically the foal is still available in the animal hospital) but you might get them still pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 7:24 pm

cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 7:28 pm

Thank you Andreas!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 1:27 pm

I really didn't know about those different years marked on Schleich Haflingers. It is quite unusual, I guess.
I think a good option for a Morgan foal is the retired Safari from 2005, honestly, the figure looks quite decent to me although it is not easy to find retired Safari figures.
I enjoyed seeing a Bullyland among these more famous Schleich equines. Bullyland describes the figure as an yearling so its somewhat larger size is not a problem since it is slightly older than the other foals.
Since you have a few drafter foals, let me suggest you one of the most beautiful ones I know, it is sculpted by our member and friend Anna Drobowolska, the Mojo Shire foal. Very Happy

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 1:50 pm

Thank you Roger!

Yes, I already thought about the Safari Morgan foal as well but as you said it is not easy at all to get a retired Safari figure here in Europe. I'm very grateful that I managed to get my Safari Mustang mare, which is also a retired figure.

My "issue" with the Bullyland yearling is actually not that he is bigger than my other foals but that he has practically the same size as most of them ;-). I expected him to be bigger but considering that he is a Camargue his size is actually fine. There are two more Bullyland horse to be shown.
Oh I love the Mojo Shire foal! I remember that I fell immediately in love with him when I saw the product pictures. Anna does an amazing job on her sculptures and this little one is definitely not an exception. He is definitely on my wishlist but I need to think how I will get his family...
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 6:45 pm

Today's post is about my two other trios.

First up: the Holsteiner Family

This family is still incomplete. I want to try to get the two set exclusive Holsteiner mares just as the families I picked out for them.

13859 Holsteiner gelding

Here is the dapple grey (on black) Holsteiner gelding moulded in 2017 and released in 2018. Mine was made in Tunisia. I really like him. He just looks so handsome! I know that many dislike him because of his conformation but I think that he looks very noble and elegant. I like his proud stance and he just has this wise look to him that I decided that he would be the "Athos" of my herd. His colouring is not the most detailed one but it looks fine. I was surprised that he is actually quite tall which is accurate for the breed. His short mane and tail round up his noble look and to me he is just the perfect portrait of my favourite one and only Count de la Fère...

Even though he got the title Athos I still decided to name him differently. His name is Gabriel and he is named after one minor character out of one of my stories. He just has this Gabriel charm to him but does not reflect his character. Some of my horses get show names and his is Count de la Fère.
Gabriel is an older stallion but still rather energetic. He is wise and has a balanced character. The grey stallion is known for being one of the former equine king's best friends. From time to time he competes, mostly as a hunter jumper but partially also in dressage and eventing. He loves to spend time with his wife and little son and is looking forward to be reunited with his two daughters again. Gabriel is very proud of his fillies' achievements and would love to become grandfather. He is friendly and polite to all of the kingdom's creatures.    

13858 Holsteiner mare

Here we have the light grey (on chestnut) Holsteiner mare moulded in 2017 and released in 2018. My model was made in Tunisia. I must say that this girl is unfortunately one of my least favourite horses in my collection. Despite that I am not an anatomy expert, I just have the feeling that there is something really wrong with her mould. Her body proportions look pretty off and she feels thick and slender in the same time scratch Another point that bothers me is her colouring. On the promo pictures she looks really white while my model is practically beige coloured and has a nearly yellow coulouring on her face. Nevertheless I want to have a little conga on this mould just because she looks so much better in the other coat colours. Her face is actually really pretty especially from the of side. And unlike most, I am not bothered by her heart plaits but I don't really like her tail.

I decided to name her Holly because of her pink ribbons in her mane as I have this association with Holly and pink after our Green-line books in English lessons.
Holly is an older member of the equine kingdom. She is a friendly and talk active mare. Holly is known for being one of the former equine queen's best friends. From time to time she competes in dressage. She loves to spend time with her husband and little son and is looking forward to be reunited with her two daughters again. Just as Gabriel she is very proud of her fillies' achievements. Holly is kind and polite to every creature of all kingdoms.

13860 Holsteiner colt

Here is the gray (on chestnut) Holsteiner foal moulded in 2017 and released in 2018. This mould was sculpted as a colt. Mine was made in Tunisia. He is what I would call a cheater mould as he is basically the same as the 2012/2013 Hanoverian colt just a little bit more slender and with a different mane. That's why I like him but prefer the original mould. What I definitely not like is the choice for his coat colouring. Really, what did those people think when they decided to make him a grey? Palmface The colouring itself is actually pretty nice. It is well shaded and is nicely detailed. But it is a foal and foals don't grey out that fast. He should have had a way darker colouring but it's Schleich we talk about... Rolling Eyes

I decided to name him Harry like Harry Potter.
Now a little bit more about Harry:
Harry is a rather shy and timid colt. He likes to stay close to his mother but his friends encourage him to gallop around with them. Harry is looking up to his parents and sisters and wants to become a good show horse just as them. He is friendly and polite to all of the creatures of all kingdoms.

Next family: The Andalusians

This family is not complete either. I am planning to get the parents of both the mare and the stallion just as the families around them.

13821 Andalusian stallion

Here we have the dapple grey (on black) Andalusian stallion moulded in 2016 and released in 2017. My model was made in Tunisia. Oh what a handsome boy he is  I love you I just love him, he is just like the Mustang one of my absolute favourite stallions in my collection. His colouring is very nice just as his mane and tail. He looks very noble and elegant just like a proper Andalusian who are in my top three favourite horse breeds.

I was debating for a long time on how I should name him. In the end I decided to name him Aragon like a region in Spain with his show name being Prince of Aragon.
Aragon, sometimes called Prince (Принц), is a very noble stallion with a balanced character. The current equine king chose him to be the kingdom's main minister for his intelligent and smooth way. From time to time he competes in dressage. He loves to spend time with his wife and filly and is happy that his family in law is not around him. But he does miss his own family quite a bit and is looking forward to be reunited with them someday. He is polite and likes to help others out when they need it.

13793 Andalusian mare

Here is the dappled buckskin Andalusian mare moulded in 2014 and released in 2016. Mine was made in China. She is the relatively rare case of when a mould is released in another exclusive colouring before the regular run release. This girl was originally released as a flaxen chestnut in the 2015 advent calendar. But I have to say that I prefer her much more in her regular colouring than in her advent calendar exclusive one. She looks fabulous! Just as her husband she is one of my favourite horses in my collection. I love her pose and her mane and tail. She looks so elegant and her soft buckskin colour make her look kind and sweet. I especially like how her tail fades out from black to blond. I love this mould and I am very excited about her "Müller" exclusive version. She looks just stunning in liver chestnut  I love you  

I decided to name her Anna kind of like one of the Annas in my stories though not after one in particular. For some reason Anna is my fovourite name in my stories. I have three but the mare's character does not really match with any of them.
Anna is a sweet young mare. She loves to help out others and is friendly to any creature. Anna doesn't like to be ridden but is fine with humans. She loves to spend time with her husband and filly and really misses her parents and sisters. Anna is known for being one of the closest friends of the second youngest equine princess. She is looking forward to be reunited with her family again.

13669 Andalusian foal

Here we have the bay Andalusian foal moulded in 2009 and released in 2010. The mould is gender less and I have it as a filly in my collection. Mine was made in Portugal. This little girl was my first ever foal I got. She was a gift from my grandma together with a mare that I will show later. This is just a champion family in my collection. She is my favourite foal  I love you
I just love her. She has such an attitude to her. I love her pose and the big star on her forehead. She is just a very cute foal.

I decided to name her Adelle, though as a child I called her Adelie for the most part.
Adelle is an energetic little filly. She likes to roam around the territories with her friends. Adelle is mostly friendly to everyone though she likes to make it clear that she is in charge of the foal group which is not welcomed by everyone. From time to time she likes to visit her former foster mother Nora with whom she has a strong bond. She looks up to her parents and wishes to become such a good show horse as her father.

Such a cute family

I currently don't have any families with four members so the next stage are fiver families.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 7:25 pm

Those Andalusians and the Holsteiners are gorgeous! I have both the Andalusians and the Holsteiners myself, they're lovely horse figurines.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 7:28 pm

Thank you, yes they definitely are.
Do you have all three of the families or do you only collect adult horses?
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 01, 2023 8:47 pm

I actually generally collect adult moulds that appeal to me, not necessarily the entire families. If I do see a little foal I love though I would definitely add them to the collection. But yes, mainly it's adult horses
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 8:22 pm

Today I will present the craziest family in the entire equine kingdom to you.
Meet the Akhal Teke/Norwegian Fjord/Icelandic Horse family

You may wonder how such different breeds came together in a family. Well, I think the horse experts of us know that if you crossbreed a Fjord horse with an Akhal Teke their foal will be an Icelandic horse  Laughing
Don't worry, I am just kidding Wink
But in my horse world this wild theory actually became true. How?
Well, in 2019 we got the Farm World 2019 Advent Calendar. Back then I had the 2014/2015 Icelandic mare and the 2013/2014 Norwegian Fjord mare by Schleich and was happy that I could finally give my Fjord mare a foal. But then I noticed that the Advent Calendar foal was actually an Icelandic. I was happy that now my Icelandic mare would become mother but in the same time I felt sad for my Nora. And so I decided that my Icelandic mare would become Nora's daughter and the Advent Calendar foal her granddaughter. In 2020 the Akhal Teke stallion was released and I didn't pay any attention on him at first. But then I had the glorious idea that he would be the perfect mate for my Norwegian mare...

As you can see this family is not complete yet. I'm hoping to get Schleich's Akhal Teke foal as well as a mate for my Icelandic mare and his family.

Now to the family itself
13754 Norwegian Fjord mare

Here we have the bay dun Norwegian Fjord mare moulded in 2013 and released in 2014. My model was made in Germany. This girl here was my first ever mare in my collection. She was gifted to me by my grandmother together with the Andalusian foal I showed you in the last post. I absolutely adore her I love you She is such a unique figure. I love that she actually has a loose mane instead of the typical upright fjord mane. Her colouring is super soft and well shaded and as an absolute dun fan, I am very happy that they gave her a two toned mane and tail. I love her position. She just seems to be looking back at her foal. This girl is in my top three favourite mares.

I decided to call her Nora like Norwegian. It's not the most creative name but it suits her well.
Now a little bit more about Nora:
Nora is an older member of the equine kingdom. She is calm and patient and loves to spend time with her family and best friend Loocie. Nora is not too keen on humans but let's very occasionally someone ride her. As she was the former foster mother of Adelle she still has a good connection with her and always welcomes the little filly to spend time with her family. She is friendly to every creature of every kingdom and is looking forward to be reunited with her little son again.

13911 Akhal Teke stallion

Here we have Schleich's Akhal Teke stallion moulded in 2019 and released in 2020. Mine was made in China. I am not too sure on his coat colour. He has too little pink shading for a cremello and a too pink muzzle for a palomino. This model overall is a little bit mysterious if we consider that he should portrait an Akhal Teke and this breed is not known for long manes. Otherwise I think that he looks actually pretty fine. I like his pose and how sweet he looks.

I decided to call him Angel as he has something angelic to him with his "golden" coat.
Now a little bit more about his character:
Angel is an older member of the equine kingdom. He is a wise and patient stallion who is always there to give someone a useful advice. Angel is known for being one of the former equine king's best friends. From time to time Angel competes in endurance races, hunter jumping and dressage. He loves to spend time with his family and is looking forward to be reunited with his little son again.

CollectA 88592 Fjord filly bay dun

Here is the CollectA bay dun Norwegian Fjord foal released in 2013. The mould was sculpted as a filly. Mine was made in China. I love this little foal! She was one of my first CollectA models and is still one of the only ones I currently have. I love her pose. She looks so playful and she scales well with the other foals. Her colouring is rather dull for the most part but I love that they gave her a two toned mane.
You can put her also like that but I don't think that that is a natural pose.

I decided to call her Nina because I thought that it would go well with Nora.
Now a little bit more about her:
Nora is a playful little filly. She likes to gallop around the territories and encourages her shy niece to go with her. Nina is kind and friendly to everyone in every kingdom. Even though she is relatively small she is not afraid of the bigger foals. If some of the troublemakers will tease her friends she won't hesitate to bite them away. She misses her twin brother quite a bit and is looking forward to be reunited with him again.

13790 Icelandic mare

Here is the flaxen chestnut Icelandic mare moulded in 2014 and released in 2015. Mine was made in Tunisia. This little mare is one of my absolute favourites and one of the very first residents of my horse collection. I like her thick mane that covers one side of her face. It gives her a certain attitude. This model has quite a bit of facets in general even though she is in a simple standing position. On her "covered" side she looks  rather secretive, on the side sensitive and from the front strong-willed and stubborn. That is probably that what makes her so special. She is just a very iconic Schleich model.

At first I named her Isa but then I decided to rename her as her first name seemed very generic to me. Now she is called Inga because of it's strong and Nordic sound.
Now a little bit more about her:
Inga is a rather stubborn and strong-willed young mare. Although she is quite small she doesn't fear anyone and will protect her filly and little siblings no matter what it costs. Most of her time she spends with her family and from time to time she visits her friends. She is not too keen on humans and won't let them ride her. But she is fine with being pet. Inga is mostly friendly to everyone and is looking forward to be reunited with her husband and little brother again.

Angel, Nora and their fillies

97873a Icelandic foal

Here is the 2019 advent calendar exclusively coloured chestnut Icelandic foal moulded in 2011 and released in 2019. Mine was made in China. The mould is gender less and I keep it as a filly in my collection. This mould is so adorable. I love how her ears are turned to the side and how her tail is curled. She just looks very sweet. It is not my favourite colour on this mould but it is still shaded nicely. This mould is a little Schleich champion. It has a whole lot of eight colour variants over the years. From what I've counted that must be the biggest foal and horses in general conga-line Schleich has produced. Unbelievable!

I decided to call her Ida because it went well with Isa but I still decided to keep it.
Ida is a rather shy little filly. Most of her time she likes to spend close to her mother but Nina encourages her to go and play a little more away from her mother. Ida is friendly to everyone and is looking forward to meet her father and his family someday.

At least their coat colours look quite good together.

Next up are my families of six.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 8:45 pm

That little Icelandic family! Adorable! I have two on my wishlist and I love Angels name, he's gorgeous too, though I always mix him up with...a Tennessee walker horse? Is it? There's another very light one like him too
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 8:56 pm

Thank you!

I think you mean the American Saddlebred mare that came out in the same year as him. I've seen people mixing those two up and down and putting the one in another's breed. Though the Saddlebred mare is huge while Angel is quite the slender boy. So when you have them in hand you will notice the difference for sure.
Which ones are on your wishlist?
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 03, 2023 9:16 pm

Yes it's the saddlebred mare alright, they're very easy to mix up.
Angel and Nora are definitely on my wishlist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katy's little but actively growing collection   Katy's little but actively growing collection - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Katy's little but actively growing collection
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next