Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich Horses

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

horses - Collection Review: Schleich Horses  Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    horses - Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 5:14 pm

Figure Brand: Schleich

Figure Name(s): Icelandic Mare (13942)
Holsteiner Mare (13858)
Hanoverian Gelding Dun (13927)

Sex: Both Females(Icelandic and Holsteiner) and Male(Hanoverian Dun)

Name: Icelandic Mare- Sigrid (Norse for Beautiful Victory)
Holsteiner Mare- Carlotta
Hanoverian Gelding Dun (Conrad- Germanic for bold counsel)

Year Made: Sigrid the Icelandic Mare- 2022
Carlotta the Holsteiner Mare- 2018
Conrad the Hanoverian Gelding Dun- 2021

Observations/Thoughts: Lovely horses, I particularly like horses of a cream or dark colouring, looking at my collection. Sigrid, the Icelandic mare is a smaller sculpt of the three, are they Icelandic ponies…? It’s her really nice little pose, makes her look like she’s just stepping forward, with one front foot outwards, though, I have to say, whatever about her mane, it’s moulded so well! She genuinely looks like she’s standing on some grey Icelandic shore with a cold wind flowing through her mane. Very atmospheric, nice bit of subtle movement to her.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Carlotta the Holsteiner Mare is a nice sculpt too, she has one front leg raised too, and a raised tail making it look like she’s cantering. Her mane has lovely little braids through it in lovely heart shaped plaits, makes me think she’s in a fancy horse show or dressage maybe? Her colour is also gorgeous, probably my favourite of these three, not cream, but a light beige rather.

Conrad, the Hanoverian Dun Gelding is a strong, hefty looking guy. He stands with all four hooves to the ground, looking attentive and ready for anything. He’s got a nice body coat pattern, with black gradience on the nose and legs, and a black mane and tail. His mane, in comparison to all my other horse models is also very short- clipped or tied up in bunches along his neck because I suppose he’s a working draft horse type.

Rating: : Sigrid the Icelandic Mare- 4/5
Carlotta the Holsteiner Mare- 5/5
Conrad the Hanoverian Gelding Dun- 4/5
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    horses - Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 8:13 pm

Lovely horses!
My favourite from this batch is probably Sigrid (I kinda already thought that her name means something with victory as "Sieg" in German means that.). She is shaded pretty nicely and I really like her mane and posture. I kind of wished though that they would give her a more complex cout colour because Icelandics can be so colourful! But the colour works well for her.
Icelandic horses are a pony-sized breed but count as Horses.
I already have Carlotta in my collection and I can't say that she is my favourite model. But I will write more in my review on her and her family. I called mine Holly and her face is actually pretty nice.
I like Conrad quite a bit. His colouring is nice even though I don't think that it's allowed for Hannoverians. The coat colour is actually called buckskin and not dun (in English they even declared him as a red dun! Those people have never seen a red dun). I know that they declared him as such but it is quite obviously wrong! Dun horses have primitive markings such as a dorsal stripe and leg barring. And Conrad doesn't have even a dorsal stripe. Those people didn't know what they were writing and unfortunately Schleich shows more and more fails like this.
Anyway I like his standing pose, he looks like a nice show horse and is definitely on my wishlist.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    horses - Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptySun Jul 23, 2023 8:20 pm

Yeah I was wondering about the fact he was labelled as dun too, I looked into them on Google and agrees, they definitely have an ancient horse colour type coat. Though I do love his look and his strong pose a lot!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    horses - Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 1:35 am

I really favor previous generations of these breeds but Schleich is slightly recovering from a not very good recent generation of horse models.

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    horses - Collection Review: Schleich Horses  EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 7:34 am

Yes they weren't great for a few years alright. Lots of the faces on the horses and bodies looked... strange? I have a few I think I'm either not sure of, or undecided on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Horses    horses - Collection Review: Schleich Horses  Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich Horses
Page 1 of 1