Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

Country/State : Ireland

Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns Empty
PostSubject: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptyFri Aug 25, 2023 9:21 am

Figure Brands: Schleich

Figure Name(s): Schleich Sea Unicorn Stallion (D-73527)
Schleich Marshmallow Unicorn (D-73527)
Schleich Marshmallow Unicorn (D-73527)

Sex: Two males and one female (Pink Marshmallow Unicorn)

Name: ): Sea Unicorn Stallion - Neptune
Marshmallow Unicorn - Poseidon
Marshmallow Unicorn – Precious

Year Made: Sea Unicorn Stallion - 2018
Marshmallow Unicorn - 2022
Marshmallow Unicorn - 2022

Observations/Thoughts:
Schleich really do unicorns so well and these are no exception to that. These trio consist of the male and female of the Marshmallow Unicorns, who are so differing, you’d never guess that, and then the separate male from the Sea Unicorn. One day I might get the female Sea Unicorn.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Neptune is the only Sea Unicorn from the set I have, and he stands with his foreleg stretched out, his mane and tail swept back and probably inspired by how, he’d look wading through water, his mane and tail definitely give that wavering impression.
What I love about him is his range of colours, grey to pink to blue and purple with a pink love heart on his rump and a bronze horn as opposed to a green one.

Poseidon is from the Marshmallow Unicorn set and unlike his mate, the Marshmallow mare who’s all pink and very typically girly looking, this guy is a really cool, he’s all blue and with his mane, tinged green sculpted to look like it’s stretching out behind him like weed, he looks like he’s wading underwater. That’s why I called him Poseidon.  He has a metallic looking rainbow mark on his rump and silvery hooves and horn.

Precious is the Unicorn mare from the Marshmallow set, in comparison to her unusual blue mate, she’s pink, though her long mane is tipped with purple right through to dark blue. Like her mate, her rump mark bears a rainbow, though hers is bronze in colour in correspondence to that of her horn and hooves. She’s also in a typical restful pose, standing facing forward with no legs lifted or bent. She also seems to have an un-straight horn that’s slightly tipped forward, maybe it’s my own model personally, but that’s just the way this Precious is.

Rating: Sea Unicorn Stallion – 4/5
Marshmallow Unicorn – 5/5
Marshmallow Unicorn – 4/5
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 3:22 pm

Some more unicorns!
You seem to have a lot of them. I currently have six of which only one is an adult... Hope to get more adults in the future.
Neptune is super handsome! He is currently on top of my wishlist as he retired this year and I still didn't manage to get him... I hope that that will change. I really like his colour scheme and his active position. He is definitely my favourite of this family. For some reason he reminds me of the 2007 Pinto stallion but I still don't know why. The love heart on his rump is actually a seashell.
Poseidon looks also lovely. I didn't like his original release but after they released him in blue I just fell in love with him. His colours match nicely and he is also on my wishlist. In German Schleich called him "Cotton Candy unicorn stallion" for some reason. I still don't get it why they called the whole family like sweets...
Precious looks also nice. Her colour scheme is nice on one hand but on the other hand I kind of don't like it that much for some reason. The mould is my favourite of this family and I would love to get her as well someday.
I'm sorry for the bended horn of yours. It's unfortunately not a too uncommon problem these unicorns have.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 3:30 pm

Thanks Katy and yeah I mistakenly wrote love heart instead of seashell! XD
I'm not sure why they had to be so different with the marshmallow set either, and if love to see Poseidon's colour before he was blue, that's interesting
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 4:26 pm

The whole Marshmallow family is a repainted version of the old rainbow unicorn family. They looked similar to the new rainbow family but their colours were not as soft as the newer ones' colours.
I am actually okay with them being rather different from each other. It's sometimes interesting to have different coloured parents and "children" that look like a mix of both. It's just their original names that don't suit them in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Brandubh94

Brandubh94

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 4:28 pm

Ah so that's why they have the rainbow marks on their rumps? The foal of the set is a half pink half blue little one, a mixture of both parents etc.
Back to top Go down
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns EmptySat Aug 26, 2023 5:14 pm

Yes, that's why they have those "rainbow arches" . Though the original ones had all rainbow colours in them and not only blue, pink and green. Their foal looks quite cute, I like the mould quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns   Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns Empty

Back to top Go down

Collection Review: Schleich Unicorns
Page 1 of 1