Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Non-dino prehistoric animals

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dutch Bear

Dutch Bear

Country/State : Netherlands

Non-dino prehistoric animals Empty
PostSubject: Non-dino prehistoric animals   Non-dino prehistoric animals EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 2:26 pm

So, as there is a Rebor smilodon, would there any chance there will be more prehistoric animals coming?
Ofcourse I would welcome a big beautiful hunky cave bear any time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] / [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Non-dino prehistoric animals   Non-dino prehistoric animals EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 9:39 pm

They are working on a dire wolf. Here is it in progress. Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Non-dino prehistoric animals   Non-dino prehistoric animals EmptyTue Sep 05, 2023 10:16 pm

I commented in DTF in regards to this reveal. Very Happy Being a canid enthusiast this is exciting. From my perspective they did a good job replicating what we currently understand of their looks. They made the muzzle depth and robust musculature of the head (especially the masseter muscles) stand out which is an important distinction. My only critique is that they could have added some bulk to the temporals to make the head more square. The coloration is nice, if a bit hyena like (not shown here).

They have some other "renditions" of it too; the hell hound idea is very creative, and the other piece is very WOW direwolf inspired.

Overall, a very nice addition for an extinct mammal! But I hope for more extinct mammal models too.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-dino prehistoric animals   Non-dino prehistoric animals Empty

Back to top Go down

Non-dino prehistoric animals
Page 1 of 1