Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture

Go down 
+29
Duck-Anch-Amun
LukaLeon085
Michelle
George
NightLioness
Suspsy
biggest_dreamer
Katarzyna
Megaptera
Caracal
spacelab
widukind
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Roger
endogenylove
Ponies and Paint
aschuck
Saarlooswolfhound
Tupolew Tu-154
Taos
lucky luke
Shanti
bmathison1972
Katy Leven
molla.nasreddin
Joliezac
MansoBoricua
VASILIS
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 9:33 pm

I like Phar Lap, but the saddle looks so fake. And that saddle stand, what the heck?!
The only models I'm really interested in this year are the Warlander and Phar Lap.
I prefer repainting the older molds myself, rather than have Collecta do it for me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 11:14 pm

Diprotodon and Placerias for me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyFri Nov 24, 2023 11:22 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
In 2023 I got 13 CollectA, but in 2024 looks like just five (and one is a replacement). Which honestly is just fine; I like a quiet year from time to time.

1. common cuttlefish [replaces Bullyland]
2. Dreadnoughtus
3. Border Collie
4. Placerias
5. Nanuqsaurus

It will be a quiet CollectA year for me too

1. common cuttlefish
2. Placerias
3. Giant anteater
4. Wapiti
5. Ibex

and maybe I will find some places for
5. Breton draft
6. Proboscis monkey
Back to top Go down
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 2:18 am

I didn't see this with the other photos, but Collecta also released a rack for the saddle. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 10:57 am

The saddle rack is just bizarre, that's not something any real rider would want to store a saddle on - it's got bars sticking up which would dent the panel out of the correct horse's-back shape, and a rocking chair base cos what every tack room needs is things that wobble? But then, the saddle cloth is on backwards in the other photos, and the girth is attached in the wrong place, so I doubt the range is being handled by an actual horse enthusiast.

The saddlebred pacer I do like, that's one of their great older sculpts with so much motion and a real accuracy for anatomy and proportion, it's nice to see him in a new colour, and the added details of dapples, good eyes, and crisp markings, all very welcome improvements to the recent paintjob designs.

Phar Lap is an interesting choice, going for a portrait of an individual horse instead of just breed/colour combinations is a first for the brand, and curious that they've gone for a 'legend' type horse from years ago, rather than one which is popular and well-known with the younger generations right now? If there are any. I have no idea who the celebrity horses are these days, now it's all about social media followings influencer equestrians, and not which ones get wall posters in the horsey magazines like it was in the 90's Laughing

I'm not sure which scale he is? The caption doesn't say, if he's the standard range I'll get him but I don't collect the 1:12/deluxe ones.

I like the anteater, I know some people get frustrated about commonly made species coming round again, but each brand has to be looked at individually too, their range considered as a whole. It'd make no sense for a company to say No, not going to bother making Lions cos Papo's are nice, or Loads of people made African Elephants we don't need one - they each want their own range to be well rounded and tick off all the sorts of animals which people know, love, and would want to have a model of - missing out a Giant Anteater just cos other Giant Anteaters exist would be wrong for their catalogue, and wrong for their sales figures, even if it's not something every older collector feels a great need to buy Laughing

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptySat Nov 25, 2023 2:08 pm

Sad Sad

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
endogenylove

endogenylove

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 3:59 am

The anteater is nice, but I have the Safari and I like it fine. It seems the only one I will be getting is the Ibex. A disappointing year for CollectA in my opinion.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 11:56 am

George wrote:
I like the anteater, I know some people get frustrated about commonly made species coming round again, but each brand has to be looked at individually too, their range considered as a whole. It'd make no sense for a company to say No, not going to bother making Lions cos Papo's are nice, or Loads of people made African Elephants we don't need one - they each want their own range to be well rounded and tick off all the sorts of animals which people know, love, and would want to have a model of - missing out a Giant Anteater just cos other Giant Anteaters exist would be wrong for their catalogue, and wrong for their sales figures, even if it's not something every older collector feels a great need to buy Laughing

I agree with you in everything except I'm affraid I'm an older collector for many years now What a Face and I love this Anteater and I will buy it of course cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 3:28 pm

I also agree with George and here goes something for fun. :)

A little top 3 for the most common species in toy shape that each major brands has never released.

CollectA:
1. Spotted hyena, they went for a striped hyena instead;
2. Racoon, is the red panda the substitute?;
3. Warthog, they released a red river hog instead.

CollectA was really missing a giant anteater since it was the most common of the species they didn't covered yet and next year I suspect a jaguar will follow.

PAPO:
1. roe deer, weird fail for an European brand which is good covering common european species;
2. Green sea turtle, not a big fail since they have a loggerhead and those are quite similar;
3. Bbaboon, this is not a species but I wanted to mention this group of primates especially when Papo is giving so much atention to monkeys these days.

MOJÖ FUN:
1. Bactrian camel, for now commercially covered by the dromedary;
2. Indian rhinoceros, maybe soon?;
3. red deer , I believe they assumed the white-tail to cover the niche.

They also miss an ostrich since they decided to go for an emu... fortunately. Wink

SAFARI Ltd.:
1. roe deer,, not relevant to the USA market;
2. Eurasian red squirrel, the same and they have the grey squirrel to do the job;
3. great white pelican, the same as above, they have the American white pelican which looks alike.

SCHLEICH:
1. African white rhinoceros, They've always favored the black rhinoceros instead
2. Red-eyed tree frog, the most popular frog species and a very cute one, perfect for Schleich, I guess,
3. Harp seal, they favour the commonest harbor seal.

It is not easy to find common species missing in Schleich historical range, they covered recently some important gaps releasing flamingos, a sloth and a platypus.
though, they also have never released a monarch butterfly, a sea otter, an impala, a Tasmanian devil, an elk, a capybara, or even an African wild dog. However, htose are not exactly common species in toy shape, Whilst an African painted dog is widely known, only Mojö and Safari released them and brands like Papo, Schleich as mentioned and CollectA which is the topic subject, have never released it.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 28, 2023 8:09 am

A bit out of topic but interresting.

About Indian rhinoceros, I'm still waiting for a CollectA Wink

Schleich is stuck with black rhinoceros indeed, just as CollectA and Mojo are with White rhinos.

Mojo was brave enough to produce a Brazlian tapir and now the brand is the last to miss a Malayan one. The same story for the Tamandua and Giant anteater. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Stripedhyena

Stripedhyena

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 28, 2023 12:19 pm

Nice summary of the major brands, Roger... CollectA has been disappointing me for years... And Safari has some very interesting figures in tubes, but is weak in the other seires. Schleich puts out some very interesting stuff but with a rather unbalanced style between some figures and others.
Good thing I have Papo left, “God save La France!”

CollectA's spotted hyena and warthog are taking too long to wait. Also the white pelican from Safari... And when is Schelich's push for African antelopes coming?
Papo's  I love you  I love you  I love you red ibis I love you  I love you  I love you  has made my year... let's see if the brand will someday come up with a lesser flamingo.

Besides... it's the year of the ibex, the axolots and the anteaters... They must have agreed????
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyTue Nov 28, 2023 5:50 pm

I'm sorry for being off topic and really in CollectA's top 3 it should be the Indian rhinoceros instead of the warthog. I'm sure that's not a precise overview but a curious approach.
It is weird to think that all these 5 brands now have giant anteaters. If none is retired, 2024 will present simultaneously available anteaters from all the 5 brands. Meanwhile, There's still no Indian rhinoceros from CollectA and Mojö. Shocked
It is important to recall that these two brands have the same ancestor Laughing and the Mojö Fun white rhinoceros is actually the 2.0 version of the first CollectA white rhinoceros. The current CollectA model is a completely different design.
From the 3 waves I divid CollectA into, the 2nd wave, strangely, haven't seen a single rhino. That's the generation of the very unusual species, a pity CollectA didn't introduced a Javan rhino during that time.
That's really the rhino species I wan't most and it is an Asian rhino anyway. Wink

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 11:37 am

Do we have any new figurines this weekend for Collecta 2024?
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 6:18 pm

CollectA is done with announcements for the year. Batch 4 was the finale.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 30, 2023 8:07 pm

Oh now I'm sad....no new dolphin, whale or antilope next year. Not even a pretty bird.  Sad

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptySat Dec 02, 2023 9:09 pm

The new CollectA anteater's head seems smaller than nature. In my opinion this figurine isn't interesting enough to buy
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 03, 2023 12:29 pm

molla.nasreddin wrote:

The new CollectA anteater's head seems smaller than nature. In my opinion this figurine isn't interesting enough to buy

Maybe it looks that way because of the angle that picture was taken? In this picture the head looks better.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2023 10:50 am

I agree with you Simone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aschuck

aschuck

Country/State : Michigan

PostSubject: What is this?   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 4:45 am

Dear Sts Friends:

Hey guys, I was just wondering, what is the prehistoric thingy called the Placeriaas? Is it a prehistoric mammaal, or a marine animal? You see, I'm trying to decide if I should get it, but at this point, I need a pretty good description, in order to help make my decision. Anyway, if someone could help clear up this little mystery, that would be great.

Aschuck

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 7:56 am

Placerias are Triassic Dicynodonts, an extinct type of non-mammalian therapsid. They walked on four and had two tusks near the mouth. They are cousins of the Lisowicia CollectA already produced.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 11:47 am

Adding some information to Christophe because Anna surely wants to know what it looks like and it is quite uneasy to explain.
It is said Placerias lived like Hippos spending most of its time in the water. Actually it has a body somewhat like a hippo and it has a beak somewhat like a triceratops but with tusks. The tail is also similar to a triceratops but shorter. Even not being a dinosaur, I think as soon as you get it, it will look like a dino to you. Though, I recommend this figure, it is wonderful to see how creatures looked like much before the era of the dinosaurs and it will also act as a weird creature for your stories.

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 12:20 pm

Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 12:23 pm

Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 12:24 pm

Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 21, 2023 12:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next