Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture

Go down 
+29
Duck-Anch-Amun
LukaLeon085
Michelle
George
NightLioness
Suspsy
biggest_dreamer
Katarzyna
Megaptera
Caracal
spacelab
widukind
rogerpgvg
Kikimalou
Roger
endogenylove
Ponies and Paint
aschuck
Saarlooswolfhound
Tupolew Tu-154
Taos
lucky luke
Shanti
bmathison1972
Katy Leven
molla.nasreddin
Joliezac
MansoBoricua
VASILIS
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
VASILIS

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 1:32 pm

80007 Polacanthus - Deluxe 1by20 Scale

Polacanthus (pole-ah-can-thus) - An armoured dinosaur from the Early Cretaceous. Polacanthus was scientifically described in 1865 based on a fragmentary fossil specimen found on the Isle of Wight.  This herbivorous dinosaur had a "pelvic shield", a single fused sheet of bone that covered the hips. This feature on the CollectA Deluxe 1:20 scale Polacanthus has been reproduced based on painstaking analysis of the fossil material.  The shape, layout and configuration of the extensive spines on the model are based on the very latest scientific analysis as research into these remarkable dinosaurs continues.  Estimated to have reached a length of around 5 metres, this mid-sized ankylosaur co-existed with several large predatory dinosaurs.  The damaged shoulder spike and the broken tail spine on the model pay testament to this dinosaur's encounters with carnivorous dinosaurs that shared its environment.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A1213 ColleceA Box of Mini Sauropods

Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 1:36 pm

VASILIS wrote:
80021 Wapiti
North American Wapiti, also known as the American Elk which is one of the largest and most iconic members of the deer family. These magnificent creatures are native to North America and are found throughout much of the continent. The CollectA model is painted in a brownish colour and it's important to note that individual elk can vary in coloration. While the reddish-brown coloration is the most widespread, variations exist within the species. One of the most distinctive features of wapiti are their impressive antlers. Male wapiti grow and shed their antlers annually. These antlers can reach lengths of up to 1.5 meters and have multiple points or tines. Their striking appearance makes them a symbol of the North American wilderness. They are an important part of the continent's cultural heritage.

This Collecta Wapiti reminds me the old Schleich red deer!

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 1:36 pm

Nice newcomers, but this year seems to be like the years before. Nice models, but nothing special for me.

The Elk looks on the promo pictures more like a red deer than a elk where I miss the iconic colours.
Back to top Go down
VASILIS

VASILIS

Country/State : GREECE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 1:40 pm

There are red and green apples, bananas and carrots that can be stored in a wooden crate to feed to the horses or farm animals. Following the high CollectA standard, bananas and carrots will fit into the lady riders’ hands so that she can draw the horse’s attention.

P1231 Wooden Crate

P1232 - P1235 Fruits & Vegetables

80013 Warlander Mare Rearing - Buckskin

For the horse line we have created the Warlander which is a relatively new horse breed that is a cross between two specific breeds: the Andalusian and the Friesian. The name "Warlander" is a combination of "War" from the Friesian and "Lander" from the Andalusian. These horses are known for their stunning appearance, combining the elegance and beauty of the Andalusian with the strength and power of the Friesian. The CollectA model is showing a dramatic pose of the rearing horse.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 2:06 pm

Thanks everyone for sharing these wonderful news. I love the Wapiti and the Ibex. both models are very well sculpted with beautiful poses.
I'm also not a fan of the color choice for the wapiti, they are similar in shape to red deer so it is always a better choice to choose a more distinctive color. Those dark areas should be quite more contrasting. Now I suspect it was projected initially as a new red deer and they changed their mind. It really reminds the Schleich roaring model but that's just about the pose, the level of detail seems to be completely different.
Beautiful pose for that Alpine Ibex, I don't need one but I will hardly resist to this one which is a figure that will display beautifully on the top of a cliff as the King Lion. Laughing
I love the vintage touch of that figure and the snob expression we can see also on Lineol sable antelope.
The axolotl is also to be considered and I confess I didn't know the Warlander breed. It is especially weird because Lusitanos, the horse of my country, are also crossed with Frisians. So, instead of Andalusian horse, it should read Iberian horses. Someone decided to cross the two most beautiful breeds and it results in a beautiful animal although not as glamorous as its predecessors.

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 3:08 pm

affraid The elk and ibex are gorgeous!!!

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
Katy Leven

Katy Leven

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 3:18 pm

A very nice batch!
But also a rather small one... It seems that CollectA will release even less figures than last year which is a shame as CollectA is one of my favourite brands for any kind of model animals. Let's see what they will save for the last batch.

But now to the models themselves.
I love the Wapiti and Alpine Ibex! Both of them look great and really powerful. I would love to see female representatives of these animals as well as some calves.

The Warlander was a total surprise for me. I've heard of this breed before but I totally forgot about it until I've read the description. A cross of my two absolutely favourite horse breeds! I wished for a rearing mare for a long time (even though it's relatively rare that mares rear, from what I've heard mares like bucking more) and I am very happy that CollectA decided to make one. She looks neatly sculpted overall, I love how powerful she looks and her mane is very pretty. Her buckskin coat colour is also nicely done, buckskins are great. So CollectA... a little Warlander filly in the last batch? Please?

Anyways, excited for the showdown next week!
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 3:21 pm

Nice to see CollectA back to wild ungulates, but I won't be getting either of these. I will get the Scleich ibex and I am content with my Safari elk.
Back to top Go down
Megaptera

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 5:26 pm

Wonderful. I will get the Axolotl, Wapiti and Ibex bounce
Back to top Go down
Ponies and Paint

Ponies and Paint

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 5:55 pm

The rearing Warlander is stunning! She is definitely going on my wishlist.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGmpQ1jSAGOKIAO2OggjmMA
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 6:21 pm

Some great models! The elk bull is nicely done, though the coloration is more of one when it is wet standing in the rain rather than the iconic buckskin coloration. I love the bugling pose though. The horse and axolotl and ibex are of course wonderful also.

And from the sounds of it in my email, "Halfway through the new items already… here is the 3rd batch:" there is only one more batch of announcements left?

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
endogenylove

endogenylove

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 8:24 pm

I have the safari elk and despite the less realistic style I think it represents the species better. However I adore this ibex, and it will be a definite purchase for me. I cannot stand the modern Schleich style, so whenever a species comes out from another company and I have one less Schleich to purchase it is better for me!

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 8:29 pm

thank you for these image Very Happy Applause cheers
I'm more excited about the elk than the ibex study
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 10:06 pm

Maybe the elk. But at the moment no highlights for my zoo

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 10:24 pm

Nice figures, but Papo is better. ^^

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 11:27 pm

Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:

Interesting comparison since Papo doesn't have an ibex, a wapity, an axolotl neither a Warlander. Laughing

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 1:38 am

Quote :
The name "Warlander" is a combination of "War" from the Friesian and "Lander" from the Andalusian.

This caption Laughing
The real origin of the name comes directly from the woman who first decided to name this cross and call it a breed, she's quoted as saying she chose the War part in tribute to her vet whose first name was Warwick. Not because she thinks of Friesians as war horses. And 'Andalusian' does not contain the word 'lander' so I don't know how CollectA came up with this part either. I'm still half convinced an AI is writing the blurb for each horse model, the dinosaurs read like a human wrote them but the horse (and horse accessory) captions are just a jumble of keywords and weird grammar Laughing

The Warlander model is a nice sculpt, though, and it's interesting the brand are doing another Friesian cross - we already had the Baroque Pinto on the Friesian Stallion mould (when I read the text before the photo loaded, I assumed I was going to see that same sculpt in a new colour!), now here's the same breed crossed with something else.

I might have to get a white peacock to repaint as my old workmate! Who was, in fact, a peacock - that reads like I'm painting a human colleague into a bird figure, hahaha

Joliezac

Joliezac

Country/State : New Jersey, USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 2:20 am

George wrote:
Quote :
The name "Warlander" is a combination of "War" from the Friesian and "Lander" from the Andalusian.

This caption Laughing
The real origin of the name comes directly from the woman who first decided to name this cross and call it a breed, she's quoted as saying she chose the War part in tribute to her vet whose first name was Warwick. Not because she thinks of Friesians as war horses. And 'Andalusian' does not contain the word 'lander' so I don't know how CollectA came up with this part either. I'm still half convinced an AI is writing the blurb for each horse model, the dinosaurs read like a human wrote them but the horse (and horse accessory) captions are just a jumble of keywords and weird grammar Laughing

The Warlander model is a nice sculpt, though, and it's interesting the brand are doing another Friesian cross - we already had the Baroque Pinto on the Friesian Stallion mould (when I read the text before the photo loaded, I assumed I was going to see that same sculpt in a new colour!), now here's the same breed crossed with something else.

I might have to get a white peacock to repaint as my old workmate! Who was, in fact, a peacock - that reads like I'm painting a human colleague into a bird figure, hahaha

Very interesting!

I'd love to see you do a repaint of the peacock. I've been waiting for so long for a peacock with its feathers down. Even more exciting that it isn't on a base Laughing

Animal Ark Website
Back to top Go down
https://joliezacc9d79.myportfolio.com/
George

George

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 2:55 am

Yeah, that's exactly what's stopped me doing a custom peacock repaint already, the tails never look realistic enough for me when they're up - I've looked through all the readily available brands and even though the head/neck/body is quite nicely sculpted in some of them, the tail feathers are way too chunky and thick for something which is so fine and airy in real life. A tail-down sculpt gets round that problem! And reminds me of the times my peacock friend got called 'a tail with a blue idiot attached', cos he'd repeatedly sweep all my stuff off the workbench by turning round on it and not caring that his tail would just knock everything flying. I quite liked it when he shed his feathers and was short tailed as it grew back, cos it meant we could share the space more effectively! Laughing

Tupolew Tu-154

Tupolew Tu-154

Country/State : Skynet Central

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 7:23 am

Roger wrote:
Tupolew Tu-154 wrote:

Interesting comparison since Papo doesn't have an ibex, a wapity, an axolotl neither a Warlander. Laughing

But mutants, scarlett ibis, monkeys, more wildlife. tongue

But I like the name warlander. Sounds like a fantasy tribe. ^^

George

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 8:34 am

OOOPS, I just realised I'm talking about the peacock figure in the wrong thread, this is CollectA and he is Papo! My fault, after writing the bit about the horse I tried to think back through the wildlife and farm releases to mention the one I was most likely to be buying, just so I wasn't ONLY commenting on horse stuff, and ended up thinking of a model I'd seen on a different thread! Laughing

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 9:46 am

I liked the peacock discussion, it is like a ghost bird, Papo assortment for this year is absolutely impressive and we can notice it even in this thread. Wink Let's hope CollectA presents a few more interesting models like those of the last batch.

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 7:01 pm

Both of these models look wonderful especially the Alpine Ibex!I will be getting both of these.

Megaptera

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 9:17 pm

endogenylove wrote:
I have the safari elk and despite the less realistic style I think it represents the species better. However I adore this ibex, and it will be a definite purchase for me. I cannot stand the modern Schleich style, so whenever a species comes out from another company and I have one less Schleich to purchase it is better for me!

When I saw the Wapiti the first time, I was thinking it is an European Red deer.
Back to top Go down
Shanti

Shanti

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 9:35 pm

Some nice looking figures!! Thank you for sharing! I like the Wapiti somehow although I am not a collector for this species.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture   COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

COLLECTA 2024 Releases, complete list with picture
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next