Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Full size Indian diorama

Go down 
+6
Wildheart
Kikimalou
Rio
aandmkw
HKHollinstone
Philter4
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

Full size Indian diorama - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:53 pm

Looks awesome Phil. It is really starting to come alive.
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 11:58 pm

It was a long time ago, that i visited this part of the forum, and that has its advantages, as i can see this dirama grow by every pic that is in the tread.

It is going to look fantastic Phil, and i am not wondered about that, as i know how much affords and research you put in your diorama's! cheers

Even when the fig tree is an awesome piece in this dioramma, in my eyes, the hanging tree over the river does the trick, very naturalistic Phil!
When i saw the brown water in the first pics, i thought..., ok blurry water, natural, but after you made the shiny surface it was fantastic, and very very realistic.
Really great job Phil! king
This diorama is one that reminds me of the edge of a jungle, going over into the grassy swampy area's, where the Indian rhino like to go for their food and for their cooling off in the water.
Only that the last part of the landscape is more open, without too many trees.

You know from your fish-business, decorating is sometimes the art of letting things away, instead of putting more decoration, so be carefull to add too many different plant species, even when it does look good on and in the diorama.
But so far so good my friend!

My only suggestion would be, to make an area at the edge of the diorama, where the open area is, with lots of reed, going up quit high, and let an Indian rhino get out of there..., meeting some waterbuffalo's...
Maybe some little water-parts(swampy) to make it more realistic,
Just an idea.

But at last, again..., fantastic work, and your diorama will be superb! cheers

Philter4

Country/State : Back and forth between East and West coast of the U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 10:42 pm

I have done some work, made a few more plants and got two big trees from Danny, the strangler fig and a goolar fig, both really nce trees. I have made some striped cobra lilies, another smaller crape mertyle, more bamboo, and a small shrub type tree called an Indian squirrel tail tree. I don't have a picture of it yet, but the flowers are very tiny and on stalks so from a distance they look like snow white squirrel tails. It is finished but doesn't stand up on it's own because it is too top heavy so I will have to put a base on it and then I can put it up and get a photo.

Here are a few photos of the tropical area, both new trees and the female wreathed hornbill in a tree with an Indian flying fox. The flying fox is attached to the tree with a piece of green wire that is very visible in the photo but when you are standing in front of it the body hides the wire. I am going to use monofilliment fishing line in the final version so it will not be very visible.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://philter4@d-web.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:20 am

Looks fantastic Phil!

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:50 am

Brilliant Phil!
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Looks amazing. Thanks for all the photos. You keep drawing us back in wanting more and more photos.
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Greta work!I love your dioramas!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Full size Indian diorama   Full size Indian diorama - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Full size Indian diorama
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5