Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos

Go down 
+10
SyLoBe
widukind
STORMnl
ken yeo
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
Kikimalou
Kristie
Roger
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos Empty
PostSubject: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 2:26 am

It is proudly that I present my new Bullyland red kite, this is one of many interesting birds of prey developed by the German brand. These replicas are the result of a collaboration with the Deutsche Greifenwarte bird sanctuary.
I think it was released in the same year as the retired condor, then the quality will not be the same as the Griffon or Lammergeier but still a fantastic figure:
The scale is about 1:10 and 1:12!
Curiously there is an archipelago in Portugal called Azores that was named because the first explorers made some confusion between buzzards or red kites and thought it was goshawks (Açores in Portuguese)!  Laughing
To prevent confusions look first at the tails of everything! :)

Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos Bully-redkite-left

Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos Bully-redkite-right

Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos Bully-redkite-back

Last edited by Roger on Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kristie

Kristie

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 5:01 am

He's very nice Roger! Congrats! Very Happy

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:07 am

Thank you for the context, the pics and congratulation for the red kite Very Happy
On my wishlist Wink
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 7:45 am

Very nice Roger, congrats cheers

HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 8:40 am

He's beautiful Roger, congratulations! cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:24 am

Congratulations with this beautyful bird, Roger cheers

I know you wished for it for a long time, and it is indeed a fantastic bird !

A couple of days ago I saw a huge bird here. My first thougt was " Gosh! An eagle Shocked "
But as you say, then I noticed the V-shaped tail, - and it was a red kite cheers

They have not been seen here in Denmark for many years, the use of DDT made an effective end to many birds of pray here. But Mother Nature recovers, and now we have lots of bird of pray here again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:12 pm

Thanks Kristie, Kiki, Robert, Harriet and Susanne! Wink

Kikimalou wrote:
Thank you for the context, the pics and congratulation for the red kite Very Happy
On my wishlist Wink

Il n'y a pas de quoi mon Ami! Very Happy
I've noticed in your website that you don't have any red kite! I'm glad to be helpful!!! cheers

SUSANNE wrote:
Congratulations with this beautyful bird, Roger cheers

I know you wished for it for a long time, and it is indeed a fantastic bird !

A couple of days ago I saw a huge bird here. My first thougt was " Gosh! An eagle Shocked "
But as you say, then I noticed the V-shaped tail, - and it was a red kite cheers

They have not been seen here in Denmark for many years, the use of DDT made an effective end to many birds of pray here. But Mother Nature recovers, and now we have lots of bird of pray here again Very Happy

Oh, it would be fantastic to see this wonderful bird back to Denmark! When I was a boy, living in a small town in the South, I remember seeing some birds of prey, but in Lisbon we almost only see some peregrine falcons! :)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 12:26 pm

Congrats Roger!!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:13 pm

ken yeo wrote:
Congrats Roger!!

Thanks Ken! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

STORMnl

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 1:23 pm

thats a nice bird,,very nice model

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 3:04 pm

STORMnl wrote:
thats a nice bird,,very nice model

Thanks Martien! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 6:27 pm

A very nice red kite!!! Congratulation!!! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 10:43 pm

Big congrats! It´s very nice modelled but I´m afraid I don´t like too much the paintjob, specially wings. White markings are not very realistic. Anyway, I think is a very beautiful figurine! I love it, red kites are my favourite birds!

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:14 am

widukind wrote:
A very nice red kite!!! Congratulation!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks Andreas! Very Happy

SyLoBe wrote:
Big congrats! It´s very nice modelled but I´m afraid I don´t like too much the paintjob, specially wings. White markings are not very realistic. Anyway, I think is a very beautiful figurine! I love it, red kites are my favourite birds!

Thanks Silvia, I agree with you, the painting would be better in many points, anyway the final result is a nice figure! I'm affraid that any brand would be able to make a outstanding red kite, the bird is too much beautiful! :) Bullyland was the only of the most known brands that released it and that is nice! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:35 pm

Hey, I like this guy! Got a couple in my collection, one OF and one with a slightly redone paintjob. To me these birds are slightly frustrating because they're so well made - there's no way you can make one look like anything other than a kite, and that means I can't repaint it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Sumo wrote:
Hey, I like this guy! Got a couple in my collection, one OF and one with a slightly redone paintjob. To me these birds are slightly frustrating because they're so well made - there's no way you can make one look like anything other than a kite, and that means I can't repaint it! Laughing

Thanks Sumo! Is the other repainted as a black kite??
If not you can repaint and change slightly the tail! Idea
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Sumo wrote:

Laughing What a glorious problem to have cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Sergey

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Nice red kite! I don,t have it... Congrats Rogerio! cheers
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Wonderfull new addition Rogerio! Very Happy
This one will be in my collection soon to, as i am hunting for Bullyland birds at the moment. Laughing

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 1:05 am

Sergey wrote:
Nice red kite! I don,t have it... Congrats Rogerio! cheers

Thanks Sergey, you need a red kite in your beautiful displays!

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Wonderfull new addition Rogerio! Very Happy
This one will be in my collection soon to, as i am hunting for Bullyland birds at the moment. Laughing

I hope not this one because I need him! Wink Maybe it is better to find a way to keep the bird out from Willy the big unter! affraid
Ah, he know what does it mean, all Bullyland birds in Netherlands! Laughing
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 4:33 pm

No photos of red kite or red milan 🫤
Is it worth to buy?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 6:51 pm

molla.nasreddin wrote:
Is it worth to buy?

I don't have the original pictures anymore so I took a few new pictures for you and updated the first post.
If I didn't have it yet, I would buy it for sure.
I don't know if you are aware that Bullyland figures are made of a lighter material. Some people do not like it but for birds it works perfectly.
Here a comparison picture with the Papo Andean condor for size reference.

Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos Bully-redkite-papo-condor

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 7:37 pm

It reminds me the time when Bully was the raptors company 😀
Back to top Go down
molla.nasreddin

molla.nasreddin

Country/State : Iran

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 7:41 pm

Roger wrote:
molla.nasreddin wrote:
Is it worth to buy?

Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos Bully-redkite-papo-condor

Thanks alot 🌹🌹
It's a beautiful figure by bullyland
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 9:15 pm

You're welcome, @molla.nasreddin. Let me know if you need pictures of other Bullyland raptors, I have a few.

Kikimalou wrote:
It reminds me the time when Bully was the raptors company 😀

Yes, I still love these figures and I still miss the goshawk. When I started collecting, the prices of the Schleich Birds of Prey series were already prohibitive and these Bullyland have made my joy for a long time.

PostSubject: Re: Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos   Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos Empty

Back to top Go down

Red kite from Bullyland - updated with new photos
Page 1 of 1