Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas
 
Toy animal WikiToy animal Wiki  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Dictionary  Animal Toy forum  

Share | 
 

 Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5972

PostSubject: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:40 am

Todat i can present you all another new Mojö marine-life animal for the 2012 range,it is the biggest animal in the dolphin family, the orca, or often wrongly named killerwhale...
As a big fan of the whales and dolphin-family(so beeing critical on models), i think that Mojö made a fantastic model of this animal, which resambles the animal in its right shape and colours(although some sub-species or even species are recognized today).
I only have 2 pics, so those are the only ones i can show you today!
I think i uploaded one picture to small, sorry for that! Laughing



Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30661

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:39 am

One more fantastic marine mammal cheers

Thankyou for showin, Willy flower

It is great to get the models one by one. I learn a lot about them this way .
Ofen, seeing killer whales orcas on TV I have thought, hey, that was a strange looking one.
But I just thought they were different. Now I know there are various (sub)species study



I found this picture *here*

There is a lot of interesting stuff about them, in case anyone wants to read it Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
ken yeo

avatar

Country/State : Singapore
Age : 47
Joined : 2010-04-05
Posts : 5412

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:53 am

I think this Orca is well present. Thanks Willy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.collectorsquest.com/collector/ken-yeo
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5972

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:56 am

Yes Susanne, at least the northern and southern types are recognized.
The southern types are more greyish then the black northern types.
But as they are roaming the world seas, besides the real tropical seas, they must have many variations to.
The problem with this species is, and with many other marine-species, the don't have real bounderies, so they could interbreed actually...
They could literally swim around the world if they wanted to...
But in fact they don't seem to do that, so subspecies develope, and at the end real different species.
I am pretty sure these subspecies of orca's could interbreed.
As is known today that all of the pods(orca-families) all have their own dialect, and a lot of them have their own way of hunting down prey, and type of prey anyway, they would go into real species in a matter of time anyway.
I am not a scientist, but i still believe that they are still closely related, and they would recognize eachother as the same species.
A thing what keeps my mind busy, is the fact that the male offsprping in an orca-family stays to the pod(family), so mostly the oldest son is the only male animal in the pod, and so is the father of all of the offspring, so he interbreeds with his mother to, which seems strange...
But i know from my tropical fish that interbreeding is not always bad, and seems to be happening a lot more then we might think...
For example, in gorilla families the females wander off, in case of the orca's to as it seems...
In other species, both sexes wander off, and in other species the males wonder off, like in lions...
There are many variations in this...
Back to top Go down
Vivien

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 19
Joined : 2011-10-10
Posts : 1993

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:57 am

This Orca is fantastic!! Very Happy Thanks for sharing Willy. flower

_________________
Vivien
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11295

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:58 am

He's beautiful! Thanks for posting the pictures Willy - I only collect land animals I only collect land animals I only collect land animals I only collect land animals affraid Laughing

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5972

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks Vivien and Harriet!
Well Harriet, the ancestors of whales roamed the face of the earth before, the bearded whales in the dear-family or so, and the tooth-whales in the doglike-family or so, so why not? Laughing Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14753

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:40 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Indeed, the whale ancestors were from the Artiodactyla realm, and very closed to hippos ancestors Wink


_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
Ana

avatar

Country/State : come from Poland now live in The Netherlands
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 9632

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:48 am

Wonderful Orca, thank You for posting pictures here Willy cheers Thank You also to other members for so much interesting information cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5972

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:56 am

Thanks for the extra very nice time scale Christophe! cheers
Was i right about the different whale families, or did i mistake somewhere in between?
I try to remember everything i see and get before my eyes, but not everything sticks immediatly...
Even though i am not a scientist, i have my doubts about the same ancestry of the two different whale-families...
The pre-ancistry could be the same, but very early in the branch of evolution, there must be a major difference, or otherwise the main food-substance must have been very differently...
Simply because when there was only a minor food supply for one of the groups of ceateceans, they could have never divided into 2 different lines that quickly, and specially not at the same time...
A predator like from the tooth-whales cannot very quickly evolve from the baleine-whales as it seems to me...
The lifestyle and way of feeding is to much differently...
And since there is known so far that there where not so many species in the oceans at that particular time(a lot of course, but probably not much as today), they must have evolved far after eachother, or next to eachother, but from different lines of ancestors Rolling Eyes
To bad i never studied biology or zoology in a high grade, i would be good in this field i guess... Laughing , because my interest goes very deep in these, and many other matters...
I guess, i missed my mission in live, but who knows, maybe in another life... Wink

Thanks Ana, i think this orca is great, the scale seems to be a little bit smaller as the so called 1:32 scaled Schleich, but what is that brand today... geek


Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smithyboy

avatar

Country/State : Australia
Age : 21
Joined : 2011-08-01
Posts : 362

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:59 am

It looks awesome thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14753

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:01 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Thanks for the extra very nice time scale Christophe! cheers
Was i right about the different whale families, or did i mistake somewhere in between?
I try to remember everything i see and get before my eyes, but not everuthing sticks immediatly...

Thanks Ana, i think this orca is great, the scale seems to be a little bit smaller as the so called 1:32 scaled Schleich, but what is that brand today... geek

The ancestors of all the whales, toothed or bearded, are "antelopes" ancestors relatives, closed to hippopotamus ancestors.

The seal and sea lions (pinnipeds) ancestors are relatives to bear and dogs (and also marten Laughing) ancestors

As far as I'm concerned, a smaller size is a good news for me and my so crowded shelves Laughing Laughing Laughing

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
lucky luke

avatar

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis
Age : 55
Joined : 2010-07-17
Posts : 3631

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:02 am

Willy thank you for these pictures and comments!
Mojo the Orc to look nice!
thank you to the other forum members for explanations sunny cheers study
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5972

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:18 am

Kikimalou wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Thanks for the extra very nice time scale Christophe! cheers
Was i right about the different whale families, or did i mistake somewhere in between?
I try to remember everything i see and get before my eyes, but not everything sticks immediatly...

Thanks Ana, i think this orca is great, the scale seems to be a little bit smaller as the so called 1:32 scaled Schleich, but what is that brand today... geek

The ancestors of all the whales, toothed or bearded, are "antelopes" ancestors relatives, closed to hippopotamus ancestors.

The seal and sea lions (pinnipeds) ancestors are relatives to bear and dogs (and also marten Laughing) ancestors

As far as I'm concerned, a smaller size is a good news for me and my so crowded shelves Laughing Laughing Laughing

I knew about the fact that, the hippo's are the most close relatives of the whales today, and that they are very aquatic is no news, but that they are called omnivores is quit new in these days(the hippo's).
That a part of these ancestors were part of the deer or antelope family was clar to for the baleine-whales.

Still today we call some species of the pinnipeds seadogs(the seals) here in the Netherlands, which seems logical after all... Rolling Eyes
It is time that they find some good evidence and fossils from the ancestors of both, that lived in between the two groups, although there are some there, but not clearly enough for me... Rolling Eyes

Thank you Luke, you are welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andy DC

avatar

Country/State : Ireland
Age : 23
Joined : 2011-11-02
Posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:07 pm

It looks nice and accurate, at least the mouth is closed, so many figures have open mouths. I will have to wait and see what it is truly like in person!
Back to top Go down
Numaan
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : London, UK
Age : 37
Joined : 2010-06-18
Posts : 1356

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:30 pm

Much more stunning and in a better and more beautiful elegant pose than the awful Schleich Orca. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

avatar

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:39 pm

The model is very nice, but I still prefer Papo orca, I even don't know why Razz
However, I'll consider both of them before I buy one :)

_________________
~Magda
(formerly Mangalarga)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
STORMnl

avatar

Country/State : Nijmegen-Netherlands
Age : 56
Joined : 2011-07-24
Posts : 1081

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:56 pm

a very well made orka,,i like it

_________________
Back to top Go down
remrock02



Age : 58
Joined : 2010-04-07
Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Thanks for the pictures Willy!!! The orca looks great!!!!
Back to top Go down
Andy DC

avatar

Country/State : Ireland
Age : 23
Joined : 2011-11-02
Posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:39 pm

It looks very good, Schleich's orcas are terrible, completely wrong. Papo's one is ok, however it's missing the saddle, the blowhole is just a hole, no shape, the head is too small, the mouth and head should be bigger. The tail is a little large, but in general it's good!
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5972

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Ok guys, the orca seems to be good in your eyes in general, so good news.
I like it very much myself, and that is not strange when your name is Willy... Laughing Rolling Eyes Wink geek cheers
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30661

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:22 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Ok guys, the orca seems to be good in your eyes in general, so good news.
I like it very much myself, and that is not strange when your name is Willy... Laughing Rolling Eyes Wink geek cheers

cheers cheers cheers sunny
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14753

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:31 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Ok guys, the orca seems to be good in your eyes in general, so good news.
I like it very much myself, and that is not strange when your name is Willy... Laughing Rolling Eyes Wink geek cheers

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I forget to say I like very much that orca and he will find a place with my PAPO orca cheers which I already called Willy Wink So maybe this one will be called BACO Laughing

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:24 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
The problem with this species is, and with many other marine-species, the don't have real bounderies, so they could interbreed actually...
They could literally swim around the world if they wanted to...
But in fact they don't seem to do that, so subspecies develope, and at the end real different species.
I am pretty sure these subspecies of orca's could interbreed.
As is known today that all of the pods(orca-families) all have their own dialect, and a lot of them have their own way of hunting down prey, and type of prey anyway, they would go into real species in a matter of time anyway.
I am not a scientist, but i still believe that they are still closely related, and they would recognize eachother as the same species.
A thing what keeps my mind busy, is the fact that the male offsprping in an orca-family stays to the pod(family), so mostly the oldest son is the only male animal in the pod, and so is the father of all of the offspring, so he interbreeds with his mother to, which seems strange...
But i know from my tropical fish that interbreeding is not always bad, and seems to be happening a lot more then we might think...
For example, in gorilla families the females wander off, in case of the orca's to as it seems...
In other species, both sexes wander off, and in other species the males wonder off, like in lions...
There are many variations in this...

Yes, the subspecies or types could interbreed, there is no doubt about that. What makes Orcas unique is that they DON'T interbreed. Types are similar to races in humans.

BUT - male Orcas rarely mate with their mothers - only in extreme circumstances. Inbreeding in mammals is highly deliterious to a species' survival if it is practices regularly. As a matter of fact, in mammals, complete sterility occurs within a maximum of about 7 generations of inbreeding.

Orcas stay with their matrilines for their entire lives, and several matrilines or more make up a pod. Although matrilines may spend weeks or months separated from the pod, individual orcas of both sexes leave their respective matrilines for hours at a time to feed and mate with Orcas from other matrilines within the pod. Essentially, it is similar to humans in that a matriline is a family and a pod is like a village or tribe - it's a community made up of several families. Occasionally, Orcas come together to form superpods, in which pods come together and interact, and one of those interactions happens to be mating. So that strengthens gene flow and also helps prevent inbreeding.

The Mojo model looks good! I wish the eye patch were up further so as to not be so close to the pectroal fins. I hate that. Most orcas do not have their white eye patch so close to the pectoral fins, but rather high enough on the body that when they surface to breath the top 1/3 to 1/2 of the eye patch is visiable above the surface of the water.



for some reason, a lot of figures have the white eye patches waaay too close to the pectoral fins, which is not usually the case in reality



See?
But overall, very good looking model.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:48 am

Thanks Willy for posting! I know someone that suggested you to post the orca exactly because you are Willy! Laughing
The topic is really interesting and it shows that to make an orca is not easy! :)
I love the figure, it looks absolutly great but I agree with sphyrna18 about the detail. I saw the several types of orca and none of them fits perfectly in that point. But it is a little detail and maybe I'm not exagerating thinking that it is the best or one of the best orcas in the market! I need to see it in real! I agree that the Schleich have lots of flaws even it is made in Portugal and that the Papo is great! Anyway the Papo have also some flaws and is almost twice the price that the Mojo will be, I guess! :)
Back to top Go down
Rio



Country/State : South Wales, UK
Age : 26
Joined : 2010-05-07
Posts : 1138

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:23 am

I don't really collect sea animals but I really like this Orca. I think I may need to add one to my collection to keep my little AAA Orca company.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
PeGe

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 37
Joined : 2011-05-29
Posts : 1513

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:27 pm

Andy DC wrote:
It looks very good, Schleich's orcas are terrible, completely wrong. Papo's one is ok, however it's missing the saddle, the blowhole is just a hole, no shape, the head is too small, the mouth and head should be bigger. The tail is a little large, but in general it's good!

You're right though i think that Papo made an orca in a pose that's usually seen when captive male orcas come out of the water to be presented on platforms. At least with flapped dorsal fin,....Also the papo models shows that the lower jaw was added to the corpus,....plus the missing saddle.
I think this one's the best orca with closed mouth to date, still hot is safari ltd monterey bay female,....
the rest is rubbish.
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:19 am

PeGe wrote:
Andy DC wrote:
It looks very good, Schleich's orcas are terrible, completely wrong. Papo's one is ok, however it's missing the saddle, the blowhole is just a hole, no shape, the head is too small, the mouth and head should be bigger. The tail is a little large, but in general it's good!

You're right though i think that Papo made an orca in a pose that's usually seen when captive male orcas come out of the water to be presented on platforms. At least with flapped dorsal fin,....Also the papo models shows that the lower jaw was added to the corpus,....plus the missing saddle.
I think this one's the best orca with closed mouth to date, still hot is safari ltd monterey bay female,....
the rest is rubbish.

That's the first I'd really thought about the pose of the Papo. I always just assumed it's pose was representing it just below the surface before breathing (rather exaggerated, though). My Papo Orca doesn't have a flopped dorsal fin, though. It is a great companion overall to the Safari Monterey Bay female. Interestingly, I have a Monterey Bay Orca from their very first run - way back in 1991/92. Her paint job is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! But she doesn't have the dorsal saddle. It's totally forgiveable considering the rest of the paint job. Then I got a second one sometime around 1999/2000. She is actually smaller than my original by about 1/4 inch - enough to be noticeable - and also more slender. Her paint job is respectable, but nowhere near as realistic as the original. However, she has the dorsal saddle (too dark, though). I think that Safari's most recent Wild Safari one would look absolutely stunning with smaller, darker eyes and better shaping to the white eye patches. I don't remember if it has a saddle or not, but I'm assuming it does. If not, they should add that. I totally agree about the Schliech Orcas. I remember when they introduced their more recent Orca (the non- 1:32 one), and the way it was pictured in the promo materials made it look outstanding. I ordered one immediately. I was so disappointed when I got it. How stupid looking. Colorata has two really great Orcas, and Kaiyodo's are to die for. The Collecta, interestingly, wasn't the worst I'd seen (way better than Schleich's I think). Even the Favorite Collection Soft Model Orca is a sad piece of vinyl. I wish Safari would do another Monterey Bay one to compliment the one they have now, but alas, I doubt that will ever happen. I'm most likely gonna buy this Mojo one, just to add to my collection, but I do wish they'd move the eye patches so that they protrude slightly over the eye.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5972

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:09 am

Thanks for the comments guys, and naming an orca after me Christoph! Very Happy
I was there before the orca was there(or known), so i must think that your orca is named after me, haha. Wink
That the second one will be named Baco(Bacardi Cola) is obvious then in combination with the first one...) Laughing

Thanks for your great comments Sphyrna, learned something again.
I suspected already that the adults have to leave their family to mate, otherwise inbreeding was very obvious of course.
I guess a pod counts several hundreds of orca's, but even then the change of interbreeding is quit high, but maybe some outsiders come into the pods from other pods near them or so, that seems to be the most logical to me.
I knew about the family structures of orca families, it is very often showed in documentaries on tv, and i am always specially interested in those which show about the delphin family, or whales in general.
But i guess, it is a matter of time, that the different sub-species will not mate with eachother again at all, or even will not be able to produce fertile offspring(the fact that they don't do right now anymore showes that, evolution on its way already).
The typical way of evolution to split and make new species after some time.
It is depending on the enviroment and natural circumstances how fast these things go... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30661

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:37 am

Aaaah, Sphyrna, it sounds like you have a great collection of orcas Shocked
Please, please, do you have time to show us pictures ? bounce bounce Very Happy

I agree with Willy about learning new things here study
This has turned into a very interesting subject about orcas, both real ones and models cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
K907

avatar

Country/State : San Francisco, California
Age : 29
Joined : 2010-11-04
Posts : 153

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:42 am

Finally Mojo has released a whale! Very Happy Its a nice figure, going to get this one.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:56 pm

Mojo has read the comments here and they agree! Mojo will move the white patches on the head to be in a better and more correct position.
Nice work my friends! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.
Age : 64
Joined : 2010-09-30
Posts : 30661

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:24 pm

WOW !!!! cheers cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
Kikimalou
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE
Age : 52
Joined : 2010-04-01
Posts : 14753

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:52 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
WOW !!!! cheers cheers bounce cheers

cheers cheers cheers cheers

_________________
Christophe
My topics on STS
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:39 pm

That's GREAT news! Thank you, Mojo. Consider yourself on my Pre-order" list!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
Andy DC

avatar

Country/State : Ireland
Age : 23
Joined : 2011-11-02
Posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:16 pm

And that my friends is why Mojo is better than Schleich!
Back to top Go down
Joan Milelire

avatar

Country/State : Catalonia, Spain
Age : 42
Joined : 2010-11-22
Posts : 1181

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:31 pm

Roger wrote:
Mojo has read the comments here and they agree! Mojo will move the white patches on the head to be in a better and more correct position.
Nice work my friends! Very Happy

What a Face What a Face What a Face hurray for Mojo cheers cheers cheers
that brand really listen to collectors!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://bestiari.weebly.com/
SyLoBe

avatar

Country/State : Spain
Age : 30
Joined : 2010-12-13
Posts : 2816

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:56 pm

Abu Rai wrote:
Roger wrote:
Mojo has read the comments here and they agree! Mojo will move the white patches on the head to be in a better and more correct position.
Nice work my friends! Very Happy

What a Face What a Face What a Face hurray for Mojo cheers cheers cheers
that brand really listen to collectors!!!!

Yes, I appreciate it a lot! It´s nice to know Mojo is working for collectors and not only for children ^^ Hooray! I really hope Mojo will be sold in Spain!

_________________
Visit my collection gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/26714361

Visit my art gallery at http://sylobe.deviantart.com/gallery/

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:00 pm

You are right! For Mojo we ar more than numbers! :)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone
Moderator
avatar

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA
Age : 25
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 11295

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Abu Rai wrote:
Roger wrote:
Mojo has read the comments here and they agree! Mojo will move the white patches on the head to be in a better and more correct position.
Nice work my friends! Very Happy

What a Face What a Face What a Face hurray for Mojo cheers cheers cheers
that brand really listen to collectors!!!!
Hurray cheers cheers

_________________
Harriet
My *Collection*
My *Handmade and Painted Models*
Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Silver Unicornis

avatar

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland
Age : 29
Joined : 2011-03-13
Posts : 1337

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:29 pm

And that's what I like in this brand the best! It's always nice when a company tries to keep in touch with its customers. Safari and Collecta also take some of their customers' suggestions into consideration. But Mojo is still ahead of them in this matter Very Happy

_________________
~Magda
(formerly Mangalarga)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:17 pm

Another Mojo winner cheers cheers

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
PeGe

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 37
Joined : 2011-05-29
Posts : 1513

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:11 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
PeGe wrote:
Andy DC wrote:
It looks very good, Schleich's orcas are terrible, completely wrong. Papo's one is ok, however it's missing the saddle, the blowhole is just a hole, no shape, the head is too small, the mouth and head should be bigger. The tail is a little large, but in general it's good!

You're right though i think that Papo made an orca in a pose that's usually seen when captive male orcas come out of the water to be presented on platforms. At least with flapped dorsal fin,....Also the papo models shows that the lower jaw was added to the corpus,....plus the missing saddle.
I think this one's the best orca with closed mouth to date, still hot is safari ltd monterey bay female,....
the rest is rubbish.

That's the first I'd really thought about the pose of the Papo. I always just assumed it's pose was representing it just below the surface before breathing (rather exaggerated, though). My Papo Orca doesn't have a flopped dorsal fin, though. It is a great companion overall to the Safari Monterey Bay female. Interestingly, I have a Monterey Bay Orca from their very first run - way back in 1991/92. Her paint job is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! But she doesn't have the dorsal saddle. It's totally forgiveable considering the rest of the paint job. Then I got a second one sometime around 1999/2000. She is actually smaller than my original by about 1/4 inch - enough to be noticeable - and also more slender. Her paint job is respectable, but nowhere near as realistic as the original. However, she has the dorsal saddle (too dark, though). I think that Safari's most recent Wild Safari one would look absolutely stunning with smaller, darker eyes and better shaping to the white eye patches. I don't remember if it has a saddle or not, but I'm assuming it does. If not, they should add that. I totally agree about the Schliech Orcas. I remember when they introduced their more recent Orca (the non- 1:32 one), and the way it was pictured in the promo materials made it look outstanding. I ordered one immediately. I was so disappointed when I got it. How stupid looking. Colorata has two really great Orcas, and Kaiyodo's are to die for. The Collecta, interestingly, wasn't the worst I'd seen (way better than Schleich's I think). Even the Favorite Collection Soft Model Orca is a sad piece of vinyl. I wish Safari would do another Monterey Bay one to compliment the one they have now, but alas, I doubt that will ever happen. I'm most likely gonna buy this Mojo one, just to add to my collection, but I do wish they'd move the eye patches so that they protrude slightly over the eye.
Hey!
i thought of that:
http://www.orcahome.de/images/ulises4.jpg
Of course, my Papo whale doesn't have a flapped fin as well, but this is the only difference from what i remembered of that picture here. I recently painted him a saddle. yes, the monterey-female is very good, although the dorsal fin is a little too fat, but otherwise it could easily break off i guess.
Do you have any picture of those two calves you mentioned?
Just for comparison purpose?

Back to top Go down
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:40 pm

PeGe wrote:
Hey!
i thought of that:
http://www.orcahome.de/images/ulises4.jpg
Of course, my Papo whale doesn't have a flapped fin as well, but this is the only difference from what i remembered of that picture here. I recently painted him a saddle. yes, the monterey-female is very good, although the dorsal fin is a little too fat, but otherwise it could easily break off i guess.
Do you have any picture of those two calves you mentioned?
Just for comparison purpose?


I agree about the Monterey Bay females dorsal fin - not sickle-shaped enough, but like you said, perhaps if they did that it would have broken or something. Who knows? Or perhaps a sharp, curved dorsal fin doesn't translate well into vinyl (or didn't back when they made the mold - way back in 1990/91).

Do you mean pictures of the Colorata Orcas? Here they are:

[img][/img]

And more recently:
[img][/img]

If those aren't what you meant, let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
PeGe

avatar

Country/State : Germany
Age : 37
Joined : 2011-05-29
Posts : 1513

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:45 pm

Hey!
No, i thought of those figurines AndyC mentioned, i guess i have the newer Monterey-Orca. I guess i mixed "Bay" with "Baby", and as a result, i was talking of "Calves".... Laughing Hard day at work.

"I have a Monterey Bay Orca from their very first run - way back in 1991/92. Her paint job is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! But she doesn't have the dorsal saddle. It's totally forgiveable considering the rest of the paint job. Then I got a second one sometime around 1999/2000. She is actually smaller than my original by about 1/4 inch - enough to be noticeable - and also more slender. Her paint job is respectable, but nowhere near as realistic as the original. However, she has the dorsal saddle (too dark, though)."
Back to top Go down
sphyrna18



Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA
Age : 35
Joined : 2010-09-17
Posts : 296

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:42 pm

PeGe wrote:
Hey!
No, i thought of those figurines AndyC mentioned, i guess i have the newer Monterey-Orca. I guess i mixed "Bay" with "Baby", and as a result, i was talking of "Calves".... Laughing Hard day at work.

"I have a Monterey Bay Orca from their very first run - way back in 1991/92. Her paint job is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! But she doesn't have the dorsal saddle. It's totally forgiveable considering the rest of the paint job. Then I got a second one sometime around 1999/2000. She is actually smaller than my original by about 1/4 inch - enough to be noticeable - and also more slender. Her paint job is respectable, but nowhere near as realistic as the original. However, she has the dorsal saddle (too dark, though)."

Oh - gotcha. Sorry. Yeah, the first run Orca was really beautiful, especially the eyes! VERY lifelike. I'll take a picture when I get a chance. Right now a lot of figures are in storage and I'm not home very much to ever get a chance to take them out. But someday. I also happen to have the Orca calf from Monterey Bay, which is also really nice, for a calf. The dorsal fin is exactly as it should be on the little tyke!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
WILLYBACOMAN

avatar

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands
Age : 54
Joined : 2010-03-30
Posts : 5972

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:49 am

Roger wrote:
Mojo has read the comments here and they agree! Mojo will move the white patches on the head to be in a better and more correct position.
Nice work my friends! Very Happy

Now that is great news, that Mojö really listens to collectors again! cheers
A gold medal from me for this achievement! farao
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo



Joined : 2010-06-30
Posts : 1651

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:50 am

So if Mojo listens to the collectors, "Please, make animals in "relative proportion" to each other".
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
avatar

Country/State : Portugal
Joined : 2010-08-20
Posts : 21702

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:58 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
So if Mojo listens to the collectors, "Please, make animals in "relative proportion" to each other".

First you must show us that you are a collector! Wink If you don't show us your collection, it will look even more ilusive that the scale of modern brands! What a Face Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

avatar

Country/State : Serbia
Age : 40
Joined : 2010-12-01
Posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 pm

lol!

_________________
Robert
Back to top Go down
http://skysthelimitamstaff.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale   

Back to top Go down
 
Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Mojo 2012 Orca/Killerwhale
» Mojo 2012 - African wild dog
» Mojo 2012 - Appaloosa
» Mojo 2012 WOLVERINE
» Mojo 2012 - Hippopotamus

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STS Forum  :: Animal toy figures reviews and discussions :: Major brands :: Mojö Fun-
Jump to: