Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals around your house...

Go down 
+82
rogerpgvg
Jill
Gecko08
costicuba
Bonnie
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
landrover
Advicot
Caracal
Taos
Bowhead Whale
SouthNoah
Anne from Norway
Takama
FluffySlipers
Viking Spawn
Wilorvise
Ana
SUSANNE
NightLioness
Roger
Dannelboyz
teardrop
A-J
QuollMate
arafan
LeeAnn
Tove
JonasV
Bloodrayne
koniminiatures
Isabeau
resti
NandO
Bernyto
GoldEagle
jarda
Fisva
ReinbowSchleich
trevok4
Ian
cattlecollector
Silver Unicornis
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
carlysulli
Taylcoel
paleoferroequine
sortepletter
Sumo
krista
xfoxx
Cyhyraeth
ken yeo
animalluvr6
Arnaud
Vivien
Kiana84
schleich61
Schleich-US
SyLoBe
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
Rio
widukind
HKHollinstone
SchleichHorsesForever
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
Philter4
Kristie
Siobhan
zbyszek
Nova
Lasersword1973
Admin
Kikimalou
Wildheart
aandmkw
Gabe
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

Animals around your house... - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:15 pm

carlysulli wrote:
Such a cool picture! Cool
Yes thank you!

SUSANNE wrote:
Beautyful creatures cheers Beautyful pictures cheers

Imagine having hummingbirds at your feeder and green lizzards in the bushes Shocked alien Very Happy

Thank you Very Happy

Álvaro/schleich wrote:
Fantastic pictures Cool cheers sunny cheers

Thank you, the lizard photos were taken by me this time Laughing

paleoferroequine wrote:
Good photos. Very Happy Yes, it is an anole Anolis carolinensis and the hummingbird is a female Ruby-Throated Archilochus colubris.
Thank you for the info! I wasnt sure what type of hummingbird she was. I think its so adorable when it rains and they start to fight and play around our feeders and garden Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound wrote:
That is a beautiful anole! We had one until recently, a pet, but he passed away. He was very rarely a bright, vibrant, happy green like that specimen! Ours was always brown... Great pics of the hummingbird too!
Thank you! I think this guy didn't realize we were taking pictures of him Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 2:50 am

Oh the humming bird is gorgeous!! I love you

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

Country/State : USA Missouri

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:08 pm

These pics are on the walk that I take my dog on everyday. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Obviously turkeys! Meleagris gallopavo. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I took these from about 20ft. It had just gotten through raining. The lower quality ones are from the video I shot at the same time. The third guy is just the referee! cheers
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:24 pm

This i amazing Shocked

Imagine having wild turkeys around, - they are magnificent birds cheers
Not very clever looking, though Laughing

Thankyou for sharing, I LOVE those photoes Sad(o)):

scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 6:10 pm

fantastic pictures!

I once saw a turkey walking down the street I lived on. That was in the middle of a city, in Boston. I have no idea what a turkey was doing walking around in Boston.
Back to top Go down
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 5:05 am

Wow it's so awesome that some people can see cardinal birds and blue-jays! I'm only seen those birds in pictures :''D

I have forgotten to mention that I saw a fox on the other day. I've seen foxes before, but it's quite unusual because it was afternoon and really near a train station.
My pic's quite unclear since it was so far away. And as soon it noticed me, it run away haha : )

I also saw a squirrel that day. Squirrels are rather common here, but they are my favourite <3

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 5:19 am

scot(t) wrote:
fantastic pictures!

I once saw a turkey walking down the street I lived on. That was in the middle of a city, in Boston. I have no idea what a turkey was doing walking around in Boston.

Looking for Boston Baked beans ??? Shocked Laughing

Sorry, - that is amazing, I thought they were very shy birds .
Could it have escaped from some aviary scratch

Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Recently our balcony has been "infested" by Great Tits. A few months ago my mum put a basket with two coconuts on an outer windowstill, on the balcony. Apparently one of local tits made a hole in one of them and has been feeding on it since then - he keeps coming back almost every day. I've managed to identify him after a broad mid-line stripe on his belly, and he has a characteristic, slightly asimmetrical bib. He apparently thinks the balcony (and the coconuts especially) is his territory and chases off other tits - at least that's what I've noticed Laughing Anyway, yesterday I counted six or seven differet birds at the same time!
Watching those birds is real fun. Currently we're giving them some sunflower seeds, but we're planning to make some bird feeder for tits (and other small birds), so we'll need to make some suitable supplies Wink

And here's the male I wrote about:

Taking these photos took me a while - I had to approach really slowly to a window to not to startle the bird. I managed to get really close - 0,5 meter or less :)

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:02 am

That's great Magda! Also great work with camera! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 11:54 am

Ohhh! Krista, I missed your wonderful pictures of the fox and of the sqirrel Sleep

Wonderful, I love both, too Very Happy

Magda, those pictures are great Sad(o)):
Great tits are enormously funny, - very intelligent and active birdies.

It is SO much fun to feed wild birds.
As I live right by a large forest, I have many birds, too. I think I spend as much on wild bird seeds as on my collection...well allmost Rolling Eyes
I wished I could take pictures like you guys do Very Happy

paleoferroequine

paleoferroequine

Country/State : USA Missouri

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 9:58 pm

Great pictures. Very Happy We don't have Great Tits here, but a very similar looking bird called a Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus) is very common aroud here. Main difference is that it doesn't have as much yellow, more white.
Well, here is the video of the turkey pics from a few days ago.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
carlysulli

carlysulli

Country/State : United States, North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:32 pm

Some snails taken by my sister Kaila the photographer. Razz Very Happy

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:53 am

Here are some recent visitors to our home.

A young white tail buck. I love how the deer get so dark colored in Fall!

A red fox hunting for field mice or bugs in the pasture.

Izzy's new cat. :)

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 9:48 am

lol!
Izzy's picture is funnytastic! flower
Lovely fox and typical expression for a white tail! Very beautiful, thanks for sharing your fantastic surroundings! Very Happy

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:40 am

Few nights ago, pictured from the window of out living room Very Happy

Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:42 am

Are they wild horses, Robert???

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:54 am

No, they are offspring of famous lipizzaners brought here in the '90, during war. Apparently they broke loose from their stables, seems to me they're not in a very good shape, unfortunately Crying or Very sad

Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:56 am

Wow! Can you catch one and send it to me? I wonder how much postage would cost? Laughing

-Kristie
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:59 am

Nope, but the yard is full of their lumpy leftovers Laughing

Kristie

Kristie

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:01 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:02 am

After I've seen these horses, I found a few articles about their history. It's not a pleasant story, the owner should be charged but we don't have Animal Police yet Crying or Very sad

Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:26 pm

Yesterday I saw what I'm reasonably sure* was a white-tailed sea eagle (Haliaeetus albicilla) soaring above my house! Very Happy It circled for a few minutes, so I got a good look at it. They're quite common in northern Norway, but not to the point where you regularly see them around town.

Today I saw a flock of geese (Branta canadensis possibly?) flying south in a v-formation, occasionally swapping places and making an incredible amount of noise.

* - it couldn't really be anything else, their flight silhouette is very characteristic

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:53 pm

Sumo wrote:
Yesterday I saw what I'm reasonably sure* was a white-tailed sea eagle (Haliaeetus albicilla) soaring above my house! Very Happy It circled for a few minutes, so I got a good look at it. They're quite common in northern Norway, but not to the point where you regularly see them around town.
Lucky You! Congratulations! I love this specie :) But in the wild I only seen it few times in 2005 during vacation in Polish region Mazury. Once even I had chance to see how they hunt ducks.
What a majestic, huge and beautiful bird I love you

Sumo wrote:
Today I saw a flock of geese (Branta canadensis possibly?) flying south in a v-formation, occasionally swapping places and making an incredible amount of noise.

* - it couldn't really be anything else, their flight silhouette is very characteristic

Wow, fantastic! We observed geese flying like that also today and earlier in Autumn. I think this is amazing view, my son enjoying watching this too bounce

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Here, at my house, we currently have two big does and three fawns frequenting our backyard. All are whitetails. We also have squirrels, birds, stray dogs and cats, and every now and then a female red fox and her pups. Also, once we had a black bear and some raccoons. In the past, when I was leaving the house for school, I startled an eight point buck from under our bird feeder.
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 10:17 am

A little update from my balcony! Photos taken moments ago:

This feeder was installed over a month ago, and since then we have winged guests everyday. Most often they are Great tits (Parus major), House sparrows (Passer domesticus), and a bit less often Tree sparrows (Passer montanus). Sometimes Blue tits (Cyanistes caeruleus/Parus caeruleus) visit us (I saw them three times). And today I saw a Greenfinch (Carduelis chloris) but I don't have any photos of it.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals around your house...
Page 14 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 35  Next