Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animals around your house...

Go down 
+82
rogerpgvg
Jill
Gecko08
costicuba
Bonnie
bmathison1972
Pardofelis
landrover
Advicot
Caracal
Taos
Bowhead Whale
SouthNoah
Anne from Norway
Takama
FluffySlipers
Viking Spawn
Wilorvise
Ana
SUSANNE
NightLioness
Roger
Dannelboyz
teardrop
A-J
QuollMate
arafan
LeeAnn
Tove
JonasV
Bloodrayne
koniminiatures
Isabeau
resti
NandO
Bernyto
GoldEagle
jarda
Fisva
ReinbowSchleich
trevok4
Ian
cattlecollector
Silver Unicornis
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Elros Alvar
carlysulli
Taylcoel
paleoferroequine
sortepletter
Sumo
krista
xfoxx
Cyhyraeth
ken yeo
animalluvr6
Arnaud
Vivien
Kiana84
schleich61
Schleich-US
SyLoBe
WILLYBACOMAN
Sergey
Rio
widukind
HKHollinstone
SchleichHorsesForever
Mastiffcat
skysthelimit
Philter4
Kristie
Siobhan
zbyszek
Nova
Lasersword1973
Admin
Kikimalou
Wildheart
aandmkw
Gabe
86 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 35  Next
AuthorMessage
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

Animals around your house... - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:12 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 2:17 pm

schleich61 wrote:
I haven't had the good fortune to spot a fox (or mountain lion, lynx, or black bear) here, but I have been seeing quite a few opossums and skunks recently.  I had to free an adult opossum who had managed to get himself stuck in our wooden fence and swerved wildly (but successfully) to avoid running over one last evening whilst driving.  

We also now have a wonderful deer family which hangs out in front of our house (and our neighbor's) in the wee hours of the morning (typically 0100-0200 hours).  They seem to like to stand right in front of the usually open living room window and peer into the house at times.  There is a robust little pile of deer pellets in this location.  

My father has seen an adult lynx at close range (100 feet or less) in El Dorado Hills.  I'm still hoping for a big event - a mountain lion or bear sighting, but the odds of that are astronomically tiny.
They are very rare to see. I spend almost two hours a day in the woods, and I have only seen one bear, and never a mountain lion.
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 8:31 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 10:28 pm

cattlecollector wrote:
The other night I was walking out of the woods because I had been fixing a roof on my deer blind and I saw a pair of eyes glowing in the light from my flashlight a little ways of the trail and in the swamp. They disappeared but the. Reappeared a little bit farther down the trail. They did this for about 20 minutes while I kept walking, and it was kind of spooky. Eventually, it ran in front of me and I saw it was a fox. It was so mangy that it's tail looked like a opposums. Unfortunately I did not have a camera, but I hope I never see it again.

Ohhh, poor critter ! I suppose it had Scabies Sad

cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 4:04 am

SUSANNE wrote:
cattlecollector wrote:
The other night I was walking out of the woods because I had been fixing a roof on my deer blind and I saw a pair of eyes glowing in the light from my flashlight a little ways of the trail and in the swamp. They disappeared but the. Reappeared a little bit farther down the trail. They did this for about 20 minutes while I kept walking, and it was kind of spooky. Eventually, it ran in front of me and I saw it was a fox. It was so mangy that it's tail looked like a opposums. Unfortunately I did not have a camera, but I hope I never see it again.

Ohhh, poor critter ! I suppose it had Scabies Sad

I think it was mange. We have had a lot of that going around this year.

Schleich61, my cousin was hunting once in Oregon, and when he turned around, a cougar was ten feet behind him. I think it meant to attack him, but unfortunately my cousin had to shoot it. The DNR did an analysis on it and learned that it was a very old Tom whose teeth were worn down. I guess he was looking for some easier prey.
Back to top Go down
teardrop

teardrop

Country/State : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 11:18 pm

When it comes to real animals, I cannot skip the topic
So, let me show you the birds that live in around my block in Sofia (Bulgaria). Most of them are quite common, but I didn't know there were so many until I started noticing them (and there are many more, actually :) Sofia used to be a really green city in my childhood, but now is mostly a gray and dull gathering of buildings with only a few green patches (parks), so I was surprised that even in these conditions the little guys make their way and co-exist with us.
Pictures are taken from my kitchen window or at the nearby grass/tree-plot

My favorites - the woodpeckers:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A few tits that love the our birdfeeders in the winter:

Robin, nuthatch and chaffinch:

And most common ones (but also nice) - sparrow, blackbird, crow and jay:
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Wonderful pictures! Very Happy I also have them around my house. But I've never seen a black woodpecker yet. Very Happy

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 12:06 am

Wonderful pictures! cheers

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 12:20 am

Wonderful photography!! Just wonderful!

Roger, is that some kind if sarcasm that pony? Very Happy You changed from a croc to sweet uglie pony Very Happy Or are you just a sweet man who's just liking these new ponies very much Razz? =D

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:21 am

All these birds are just fabulous! Great photography! cheers cyclops
A real pleasure to look at all of them Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:58 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 12:33 pm

teardrop wrote:
When it comes to real animals, I cannot skip the topic
So, let me show you the birds that live in around my block in Sofia (Bulgaria). Most of them are quite common, but I didn't know there were so many until I started noticing them (and there are many more, actually :) Sofia used to be a really green city in my childhood, but now is mostly a gray and dull gathering of buildings with only a few green patches (parks), so I was surprised that even in these conditions the little guys make their way and co-exist with us.
Pictures are taken from my kitchen window or at the nearby grass/tree-plot

My favorites - the woodpeckers:

A few tits that love the our birdfeeders in the winter:

Robin, nuthatch and chaffinch:

And most common ones (but also nice) - sparrow, blackbird, crow and jay:

Beautieful birds, most of the i can also see when i work, this week i also saw a wren sunny

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
teardrop

teardrop

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 5:59 pm

Guys, thank you very much for the kind words about my photos drunken
It was a great pleasure for me making them too :) and looking at the toy models at home I keep thinking how the Nature is the greatest artist there is

Maria

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:27 pm

No photos this time, but I've recently rented a new flat with windows coming out to shared garden. It's quite green there, I've seen there various titmice, magpies, a squirrel (or two?), and even a fox once!
I'm planning to install some bird feeder in front of our windows to lure small birds Wink I've already bought some feeding fat balls, just need to hang them on branches! Very Happy

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 8:47 pm

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:03 pm

Mangalarga wrote:
No photos this time, but I've recently rented a new flat with windows coming out to shared garden. It's quite green there, I've seen there various titmice, magpies, a squirrel (or two?), and even a fox once!
I'm planning to install some bird feeder in front of our windows to lure small birds Wink I've already bought some feeding fat balls, just need to hang them on branches! Very Happy

That sounds nice! I've already taken some food for little birds, magpies and squirrels too!  Very Happy  I'd love to see a fox Shocked

Fierce-looking owl there schleich61 Very Happy

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
teardrop

teardrop

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 10:45 pm

schleich61 wrote:
Western Screech Owl

Wow! How did you manage to spot it and make a picture too? Applause

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 5:13 am

schleich61 wrote:
Western Screech Owl

Wow Phil, what a pic!!!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
schleich61

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 10:13 am

Last edited by schleich61 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dannelboyz

Dannelboyz

Country/State : VIC, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 3:04 am

I don't have any pictures and I know this thread has been a little inactive for a month or so, but here's what I regularly see around my house:

BIRDS:
- corellas
- sulfur-crested cockatoos
- galahs
- rainbow lorikeets
- eastern rosellas
- crows
- Indian mynahs
- white-backed magpies
- blackbirds
- wattlebirds
- honeyeaters
- occasionally, a laughing kookaburra
- even more occasionally, a tawny frogmouth
- crested pigeons
- Australian wood ducks

We have more interesting bird species about 15 minutes away, such as black cockatoos and superb lyrebirds.

SPIDERS AND INVERTEBRATES:
- daddy long-legs
- redback spiders
- white-tip spiders
- common house spiders
- huntsman spiders
- black ants
- red bull ants
- flies of all kinds!
- European honey bees
- European wasps

MAMMALS:
- Common ringtail possums
- Brushtail possums (common and/or mountain)
- Red foxes (although I haven't seen them in a while, I know they're there)
- Rats and mice (not sure of the species, but rats are either black rats or brown rats)

There are reports of wallabies/kangaroos near our area every so often, but generally they avoid the suburban areas. Swamp wallabies and short-beaked echidnas do live in parks and forests near here though.

REPTILES AND AMPHIBIANS:
- Skink species
- Occasionally, blue-tongue skinks
- Peron's tree frogs
- Striped marsh frogs

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 11:59 pm

Those are very interesting species for non Australian members, if you ever get some pictures please post. Very Happy

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 1:36 am

Visited North Berwick again today.

Seen some Northern Fulmars:

And some curlew (unable to identify exact species, it was too far away):

I've also seen a group of 5 oystercatchers, but my camera had died before I could take some photos of them :/

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 7:03 pm

Spring is very close - blackbirds are singing loudly in our backyard garden! Very Happy

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 7:10 pm

Spring is very far away here, not much to see except for some white tailed deer with snow halfway up their bodies Laughing Wink

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 8:03 pm

Here the birds are singing, the woodpeckers are hammering like crazy, - and the horses have begun to find a little bit of green stuff ! ON MARCH 6TH affraid

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animals around your house...   Animals around your house... - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animals around your house...
Page 24 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 35  Next