Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us your HORSES!

Go down 
+58
George
HeartHorses
Jill
Bonnie
crowfoot
TheLastStardust
Masoud
Regy
AlphaMareArt
sadie3112
Damon
Tarunyada
Dum_my
arafan
Zelvik
ulinuk
PeGe
LeeAnn
Carola
Noémi
Bloodrayne
Liiolii
koniminiatures
DebbSpell
JonasV
Saarlooswolfhound
sortepletter
Naisu-tyan
krista
xfoxx
Katty
aandmkw
scot(t)
HKHollinstone
Silver Unicornis
reimolino
animalluvr6
noeska
landrover
Roger
Rio
Kikimalou
JackyLovertjex
lucky luke
Cyhyraeth
Sumo
Mastiffcat
Tiermann
castlerigg
Arnaud
SUSANNE
widukind
MartinH
Kristie
75senta75
ken yeo
Ana
SyLoBe
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

Show us your HORSES! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your HORSES!   Show us your HORSES! - Page 12 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 11:30 pm

Those are all stunning!
Back to top Go down
Taos

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Show us your HORSES!   Show us your HORSES! - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 06, 2022 10:56 pm

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Show us your HORSES!   Show us your HORSES! - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 8:18 pm

A fantastic selection, Anna, so many beautiful colours and all so nicely done - a perfection of realism and artistic ability. There's so many I could pick out as favourites it'd end up with me just listing half the horses in each section, so I'll just go back and look at them again once I've added my post here Laughing

The next chunk of my horses are in-between scales, Breyer's popular 'Classic' range (1:12, sometimes better known as dolls house scale), and 'Pebbles' by Peter Stone - I just asked Google and apparently those are 1:16 scale, which is a ratio I've not seen from any of the other brands Laughing

Original finish :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I have a lot less of these than the larger or smaller scales - a lot of the time the moulds are nice but they release them in lacklustre or badly designed colours, or else they do a perfectly good colour on a sculpt I'm not a fan of, so there's not usually many I put on my wishlist in a year!

Custom finish :

And I have even less repainted! They're a bit too big for me to feel comfortable with my brush-painting technique, it's just difficult to get the paint to smudge on smoothly on such a big surface of horse. So the one on the left here is the only Breyer Classic I've ever painted, and the one on the left was bought from a friend.

Now, the Pebbles, the original finish :

The reason I have so few of these, despite liking them so much, is that they were only sold in my country for a very very short time, one year's worth of regular runs only. Then shipping/import costs went through the roof in the mid 2000s, to the point where I had to stop buying them in from the US.
And then over maybe the last decade, the Peter Stone company has had a business makeover and gradually gone into selling only expensive exclusive models, all one-of-a-kinds and micro-runs, so they've priced me out of collecting their brand any more, even if I could've afforded to have them sent over here Laughing

And the custom finish :

The first two bought second hand by other artists, the final one my own repaint from last year.

And finally, some 1:32's which should've gone up with the Stablemates by Breyer but I forgot them, these are Peter Stone 'Chips'

Original finish :

Custom finish :

Mostly my repaints, the last two by someone else. I do have a couple more of the draft mould in my body box, so I'll be adding to this group eventually - when I decide what colours to use them up on!

thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Show us your HORSES!   Show us your HORSES! - Page 12 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2022 10:29 pm

Very nice, I really like the 1:32 Shire. Are they difficult to find?
Back to top Go down
George

George

Country/State : England

PostSubject: Re: Show us your HORSES!   Show us your HORSES! - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 2:53 am

They do very occasionally come up on UK Ebay, but can go for £40+ for one horse, just cos they're so rare over here. I haven't seen the draft mould for a long while, but I do remember seeing an arabian and a stock horse type within the last couple of years. They might be more common and/or cheaper on Facebook, but I don't use that so I've no idea what numbers pass through!

thebritfarmer

thebritfarmer

PostSubject: Re: Show us your HORSES!   Show us your HORSES! - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 5:34 am

Thanks George, one to look out for :)
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us your HORSES!   Show us your HORSES! - Page 12 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2022 1:00 pm

I love how you have presented all these horses, they remind me of a picture you might find on the front of a postcard or something! Beautiful! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us your HORSES!   Show us your HORSES! - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us your HORSES!
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12