Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us yours: Fjord horses

Go down 
+37
Silver Unicornis
Damon
Jetty
Tarunyada
AlienMantis
Dum_my
Ma650
Bonobo
QuollMate
JonasV
ulinuk
LeeAnn
Tove
Carola
Spotpony
koniminiatures
TheSpottedCat
widukind
DebbSpell
75senta75
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
sortepletter
Elros Alvar
scot(t)
Roger
Cyhyraeth
Kristie
Hanne-
Rio
Sumo
ken yeo
SyLoBe
HKHollinstone
noeska
spikesilkenwolf
remowshake
SUSANNE
41 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Show us yours: Fjord horses Empty
PostSubject: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:08 pm

Here is my little collection of the lovely dun Fjord-horse. We call them Nordbagger in Denmark.
For many years it was these strong, friendly little guys that did all the hard work on the small farms in Denmark.
Still in many homes in the country there is an old, faded photo on the wall of "The Yellow" with a crowd of small children on its back Wink

Here are the ones from Schleich :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And from Bullyland, esp the mare is really, fine Very Happy
The gelding has had his mane clipped so the dark middle stands well up above the light, dun outer hair of the mane. Difficult to make, and usually only seen at horse shows.
URL=http://www.imgbox.de/][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/URL]

And now I got the one from Papo. Here together with one from Top-Toy

The Papo-Fjord is really not a very fine specimen of Fjord. But what is very interesting is the dun-stripes on the legs !

Almost all Fjords nowadays are bay-dun and homozygote dun.
But it is not the fact that they are homozygote that makes them so light and has removed the leg-stripes, - they have simply been bred to be lighter and lighter.
Tests with Icelandic horses prove this, - homozygotes can be dark, and heterozygotes light, the shade is heredity.
So the leg-stripes diappeared from Fjords a long time ago, - and many Fjords don`t even have a dorsal stripe any more.

At one time buckskins were used to make the colour lighter, but that resulted in Blue-eyed Cream, and was given up. Palominoes and buckskins still exist, though. But that is another story Wink

Just for fun : My first horse, Gitte. She was 1/4 Fjord, and a wonderful playmate.
In this picture she must be nearly 20 years old. I got her when she was 3.
During the years she was Mustang, World OL-dressage-horse, circus horse, a Unicorn, - and all of it this littkle, sturdy horse was, patiently and kindly, with crowds of kids crawling around her I love you

Nowadays the mane is often not cut like in the pictures, and they have been bred lighter for riding purpose. But they are still some of the most friendly, reliable small horses one can dream of. They are perfect for children and if treated well they will get very old.

Sorry, sorry you horsey people, - you probably know all this, I just couldn`t help babbling Embarassed

Does anybody have Fjord-models of other brands ? I would LOVE to know , please Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://dyr-og-dimser.dk
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:18 pm

WOW Susanne! You really love Fjord horses... And you made well, they are great! cheers cheers

I don't know other brands that produce this wonderful horse.. Sad Sorry my friend

Thanks for the information, is always good know more and more Very Happy Very Happy

PS: Yes, the stripes on his leg made him different from the rest ;D

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 10:25 pm

remowshake wrote:
WOW Susanne! You really love Fjord horses... And you made well, they are great! cheers cheers

I don't know other brands that produce this wonderful horse.. Sad Sorry my friend

Thanks for the information, is always good know more and more Very Happy Very Happy

PS: Yes, the stripes on his leg made him different from the rest ;D

Thankyou Philip, you are always a great, great friend flower cheers I love you flower
Back to top Go down
spikesilkenwolf

spikesilkenwolf

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:10 am

I love this breed. i use to work with one named stella
There she is

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 8:06 am

Ohh, Stella is so cute, - likes her food, too Wink

Thanks for the picture flower
Back to top Go down
noeska

Country/State : netherland

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:52 am

I love the horse too

I have 4 fjord horses and a rohling fjord horses
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 10:58 am

noeska wrote:
I love the horse too

I have 4 fjord horses and a rohling fjord horses

Ohhh, yes, you have the Rohling, and several shades of the Schleich one !!!!
I am green with envy alien - in a friendly way Wink Congratulations flower sunny
How wonderful that this little, dun horse has so many fans here cheers
Back to top Go down
noeska

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:02 am

Yes, nice is that
for a Schleich fjord horse:)
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:18 am

Wonderful collection of Fjord horses Susanne I love you I love the picture of Gitte, when was the photo taken? It's such a great photo.
I don't have any Fjord horses in my collection, I keep an eye out for the Schleich one, but they always go for a lot of money.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:27 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
Wonderful collection of Fjord horses Susanne I love you I love the picture of Gitte, when was the photo taken, is that you driving? It's such a great photo.

Thanks, Harriet.
Quite by luck, - there is a date on the backside : 14th of June 1972 Laughing

A friend and I had planned to make a 2-week trip, but my friend got a summer-job, so I went alone.
It was horrible weather almost all the time, it rained and rained, but everywhere Gitte and I came in the evening, Gitte got stabled and fed, and I never had to put my tent up, - the old farmers LOVED the horse and cart, so they always insisted that I have the guestroom, dinner, everything, - breakfast !
I got so many new friends on that trip.

Yes, those were the days Wink

PS, I spent almost a year restoring the old cart. I wished I still had it ...
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:33 am

Here is Gitte in front of another cart that I had :

It was a "Jagtvogn" - directly translated hunting-wagon - it was a much more modern one. F.inst. I diod not have to stop every 1/2 hour and grease the wheels Laughing
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Thanks for the infor Susanne!

I have the Schleich ones, and I love the Papo in the middle of the photo :)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:43 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
HKHollinstone wrote:
Wonderful collection of Fjord horses Susanne I love you I love the picture of Gitte, when was the photo taken, is that you driving? It's such a great photo.

Thanks, Harriet.
Quite by luck, - there is a date on the backside : 14th of June 1972 Laughing

A friend and I had planned to make a 2-week trip, but my friend got a summer-job, so I went alone.
It was horrible weather almost all the time, it rained and rained, but everywhere Gitte and I came in the evening, Gitte got stabled and fed, and I never had to put my tent up, - the old farmers LOVED the horse and cart, so they always insisted that I have the guestroom, dinner, everything, - breakfast !
I got so many new friends on that trip.

Yes, those were the days Wink

PS, I spent almost a year restoring the old cart. I wished I still had it ...
How fantastic, people were so nice back then. Shame you didn't keep the cart, you did a beautiful job in restoring it. The hunting-wagon is a great looking thing, must have been so fun driving around in them!

Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:22 pm

THANKS Susanne for providing this interesting fact and do help me more appreciate horses. In Singapore we hardly see horse except horse racing.

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Thank you Sylvia and Henriette !
Yes, Henriette, it was very stupid of me to sell the carts. But I came to a period in life which could be called "Boys & Beer" and then "Carreer & Family " Suspect Rolling Eyes Laughing
Fortunately now it is time for more important things again Wink

ken yeo wrote:
THANKS Susanne for providing this interesting fact and do help me more appreciate horses. In Singapore we hardly see horse except horse racing.

Ken, your words warm my heart, thankyou I love you
Back to top Go down
Sumo

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:10 pm

Great collection! I don't have any actual Fjord models, but I've customized both the Schleich and Safari Haflingers into Fjords. They're an awesome breed, even if they're not always the easiest to handle...
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:17 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
Thankyou Philip, you are always a great, great friend flower cheers I love you flower

Thanks Susanne! Is a pleasure from my part be your friend :)

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Here is the Breyer Norwegian Fjord, Henry. I still have to get the Silver Dun model and the two decorator models.

The Norwegian Fjord is my favourite horse breed. I still have to get the Bullyland Mare and the Grazing Fjord that you have.
Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 4:57 pm

If you look under trade, the grazing Fjord is there, Anna has it !

Those Breyer are gorgeous, - unfortunately almost impossible ti find here in Denmark..

Thanks for the picture, - wow, - one more Fjord-fan cheers
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:01 pm

Henry is REALLY beautiful Rio!! I love you

Back to top Go down
noeska

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 4:34 pm

alle 4 the breyer fjorden :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:08 pm

They are beautyful, Noeska, thanks for the picture flower

How big are they ?

What are the colours ?

- front : blue dun (Grullo in American/Spanish)
- The "real" fjord-colour, Bay dun (or just dun)
- the third from right ? Smoky blue dun ???
- And the last looks like black, - that is extremely unusual, but may of course exist.

Where did you buy them, please ?

flower Very Happy
Back to top Go down
noeska

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Front: Blue Dun (Grullo in the American / Spanish)
- The "real" color-fjord, Bay Dun (or just DUN) yes
- The third from right? Smoky blue thin? white with snowflakes, a Christmas special
- And the last looks like black - which is very unusual, but can exist naturally. dark blue with white snowflakes is a special Christmas

I'm ever on ebay or a vendor america

Back to top Go down
Rio

Rio

Country/State : South Wales, UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:22 pm

Noeska,

I am very jealous of your Naughty and Nice models :) Did you see the WEG re-release of Henry ? He looks a lot softer and correct now, colour wise.

Back to top Go down
http://welsh-tierpark.weebly.com
noeska

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 7:25 pm

Rio wrote:
Noeska,

I am very jealous of your Naughty and Nice models :) Did you see the WEG re-release of Henry ? He looks a lot softer and correct now, colour wise.

no, that is unfortunately too expensive: (

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
naughty

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
nice
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us yours: Fjord horses   Show us yours: Fjord horses Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us yours: Fjord horses
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next