Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P

Go down 
+13
Vivien
Wildheart
landrover
Ana
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
widukind
xfoxx
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
Kristie
Tiermann
Roger
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes, but Christophe solution looks good. I think in this scale smaller than a fox would be very hard to sculpt. Anyway Britains made a platypus! What a Face flower

HAUSSER ELASTOLIN 1/32 fits very nicely with BRITAINS Wink

Here is my only Hausser Elastolin mammal with his Britains friends! monkey
 The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 Britainshurray
Hausser chimp and Britains baboon and gorilla

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:43 pm

cheers I LOVE that little gray baboon Laughing

Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 7:48 pm

I think he wants banana? Suspect Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 7:27 am

Roger wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

Yes, but Christophe solution looks good. I think in this scale smaller than a fox would be very hard to sculpt. Anyway Britains made a platypus! What a Face flower

HAUSSER ELASTOLIN 1/32 fits very nicely with BRITAINS Wink

Here is my only Hausser Elastolin mammal with his Britains friends! monkey
 The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 Britainshurray
Hausser chimp and Britains baboon and gorilla

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing drunken drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 9:18 pm

Congrats to my second Britains collection Rogerio! Rolling Eyes Wink geek
By the way, the leopard is the second version of the spotted leopard, the first one has closed spots, and has 2 colourversions to.
Did Susanne send you the Reisler fox, are you sure? Laughing
But main thing is that you have it, and not very much people can say that! Wink

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Thank you friends! cheers

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Congrats to my second Britains collection Rogerio! Rolling Eyes Wink geek
By the way, the loepard is the second version of the spotted leopard, the first one has closed spots, and has 2 colourversions to.
Did Susanne send you the Reisler fox, are you sure? Laughing
But main thing is that you have it, and not very much people can say that! Wink

Willy, I'm proud knowing that it is your 2nd collection. Anyway still small for your standards. You must work even harder! Laughing
Yes, Willy, I'm sure it was Susanne who sent me the Reisler fox as well I am sure that I received a Reisler crocodile from you. I'm always more sure about what I receive than of what I send. study :)

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 3:36 pm

Roger wrote:
You must work even harder! Laughing
lol! lol!

WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:44 am

Ok then Rogerio, i try to do my best then... Rolling Eyes Embarassed
That is clear about the fox then, it is the same for me with the sending and recieving, haha. geek
I had some of those Reisler foxes as doubles, so that is why i thought so... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by WILLYBACOMAN on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 1:17 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Ok then Rogerio, i try to do my best then... Rolling Eyes Embarassed
That is clear about the fox the, it is the same for me with the sending and recieving, haha. geek
I had some of those Reisler foxes as doubles, so that is why i thought so... Rolling Eyes

I have already some foxes from Netherlands but It is nicer to have a Reisler fox from Denmark! bounce
My first Mojo fox came from Hong Kong, my Safari red fox came from USA. Now I need a Starlux fox from France and a Lineol fox from Germany! Laughing Laughing

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:13 am

A Marx fox from the USA, Hausser Elastolin Foxes from Germany and so on... geek bounce cheers

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:35 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
A Marx fox from the USA, Hausser Elastolin Foxes from Germany and so on... geek bounce cheers

I already have 2 Marx foxes that Carolynn sent to me, from USA! Laughing

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:09 am

Oh, that is very nice my friend!
You will be the man with the biggest foxy collection soon! Very Happy

Chris Sweetman

Country/State : Nottinghamshire England

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:54 am

I am just curious why the later Britains animal figures are referred to as: "deetail"

"Deetail" were a range of toy soldiers issued by Britains from 1971. They were plastic soldiers on metal bases. This combination was billed as a unique selling point.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisstar4/
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:03 am

Well Chris, i know about those series you mentioned, as the could be re-assemble them in details indeed.
But these terms are used quit regular in Britains collector groups, maybe not used in the UK, and maybe even completely wrong, but it is a way to differ the differences between the old Britains/Herald moulds, and the late 1970's and 1980's moulds... Laughing

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:03 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Well Chris, i know about those series you mentioned, as the could be re-assemble them in details indeed.

Hi Willy - "Deetail" soldiers were one piece models without movable parts. The ones that could be re-assembled were known as "Swoppets". These were introduced back in 1958.

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
But these terms are used quit regular in Britains collector groups, maybe not used in the UK, and maybe even completely wrong, but it is a way to differ the differences between the old Britains/Herald moulds, and the late 1970's and 1980's moulds... Laughing

I agree collectors need to be able to differentiate between series. What is offered here is a good simple way. However, some collectors may prefer the early matt plastic models over the later PVC ones introduced from 1968. The only difference here is not the mould but the type of plastic. New moulds were gradually introduced from 1971. And 1971 is the year in which "Deetail" soldiers were released. So I can see the value here of adopting the term "deetail" even if to me it is confusing!

Chris

Last edited by Chris Sweetman on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : incorrect date - changed 1959 for 1958)
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 3:27 am

Yes, i do know the swoppets from the catalogues to, and i had quit a few when i was a young boy, veryyyyy looooooong ago! farao

Yes, maybe confusing, but i took over the term from Christophe in the past i think, from which i thought was a good idea.
But ok, how can i argue about that with an older English collector(who knows better i guess)... Razz
I know about the older matt plastic to, as i had just an old springbuck in with that finish, but the terms i used was more for the moulds, as for the kind of plastic. Cool

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 9:58 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Yes, i do know the swoppets from the catalogues to, and i had quit a few when i was a young boy, veryyyyy looooooong ago! farao

Yes, maybe confusing, but i took over the term from Christophe in the past i think, from which i thought was a good idea.
But ok, how can i argue about that with an older English collector(who knows better i guess)... Razz
I know about the older matt plastic to, as i had just an old springbuck in with that finish, but the terms i used was more for the moulds, as for the kind of plastic. Cool

Willy

I am definitely older farao

Knows better! lol!

Chris Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Chris Sweetman wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Willy

Knows better! lol!

Chris Very Happy

Interesting conversation between Vintage Chris and Deetail Willy... study ... or should I use different words? Very Happy Very Happy cheers

Chris Sweetman

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 11:30 pm

Roger wrote:
Chris Sweetman wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Willy

Knows better! lol!

Chris Very Happy

Interesting conversation between Vintage Chris and Deetail Willy... study ... or should I use different words? Very Happy Very Happy cheers

Hi Roger

lol!

Now going back to your original topic Roger did you know Britains did a fox in 1:32nd scale?

It was part of the 'Small animals and birds' set number 2000. This was issued in 1972 and only lasted for a year so it is hard to find.

I don't have the whole set but I do have the fox. Hopefully, I will have time to take a photo of the fox and one with the fox next to the Britains wolf.

Chris cat
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:15 am

Chris Sweetman wrote:
Hi Roger

lol!

Now going back to your original topic Roger did you know Britains did a fox in 1:32nd scale?

It was part of the 'Small animals and birds' set number 2000. This was issued in 1972 and only lasted for a year so it is hard to find.

I don't have the whole set but I do have the fox. Hopefully, I will have time to take a photo of the fox and one with the fox next to the Britains wolf.

Chris cat

Chris, I really didn't know about it! It is very interesting and cruel at the same time! Very Happy
If you find time please show the fox and also the other figures that you have from this set. Idea It is always nice to see figures never seen before! bounce cheers

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 5:32 am

Ok Chris, i know that you are slightly older, but British to, so that is why i will give you the credits you deserve on Britains.
Nice info about the fox by the way.
I know this tree with models of course, but i always thought it was a sitting house- or farmcat, haha.
This is because i didn't have it in my fingers of course, so it might be clear that i still miss this animal-tree. Shocked

To you Rogerio, i am vintage to, but still have good detail to, and not only in wrinckles, haha. geek

The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 Britains_Catalogue_1972_6
Here is that particular page of the Britains 1972 catalogue.
The named animal-tree is in the middle, and the fox is on the second branch of the tree, next to the owl.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:23 pm

Thanks for showing, Willy! :) Also thanks for saying where it is! Laughing Rolling Eyes
Hmmm, I think I don't need to know more details about your Vintage Deetails! geek affraid Wink

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:25 am

cheers geek Wink
For a male they wouldn't be interesting anyway... Cool

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 4:00 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
cheers geek Wink
For a male they wouldn't be interesting anyway... Cool

Laughing pale Don't feel so confortable, the world is full of males with different interests than mine! flower

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:43 am

I heard something like that to, and i know some of those persons... Shocked Never had any problems with them, but as in Scandinavia, we are an open society in the Netherlands... Rolling Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P    The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The first Britains Lot for Februari 2012 came in.. :-P
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next