Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD

Go down 
+46
Juan Andrés
john2xtheman
Tarunyada
Niki2811
JonasV
LeeAnn
koniminiatures
schleich61
ulinuk
arafan
Bloodrayne
Florian
sauroid
QuollMate
docronnie
Zelvik
resti
NandO
Saarlooswolfhound
∴Worlds∴in∴Miniature∴
jesman00
dlfrogman
Elros Alvar
K907
Metallisuchus
STORMnl
Tiermann
Sumo
Kristie
Takama
Bruno C Monteiro
Steve170
scot(t)
baltimore zoo
aandmkw
Sergey
Ana
HKHollinstone
tyrantqueen
Katty
widukind
animalluvr6
SUSANNE
ken yeo
Roger
Tylosaurus
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

Country/State : Dirksland, The Netherlands

Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:28 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Congratulation Tylo, I like very much eclectic collections Cool And your's is no doubt an eclectic one Very Happy

Good luck for the Shane Foulkes Tylosaurus, it would be bad to miss it What a Face

I missed myself the Geenemodels shunosaurus and it is still a splinter in my collection Sad
Many thanks many Merci Monseur! cheers cheers cheers cheers

aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Wow. You have an amazing collection. The dinoriders are awesome. I love the way you display them in the cabinet. I also love your orchid collection and the dinosaurs you display with them. Congratulations on the article in the paper. It must have been really awesome to be in there with your collection. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Many thanks aandmkw cheers cheers cheers cheers Yes that were thye days they say hehe Was a long time ago though it was May of 1989 if my memory serves me correctly, thus ages ago xDDD

Back then such large collections were a rare sight but nowadays look around ya, everyone is doing it lol! Yet I do find it amazing that every collection no matter the size is different also has a different way of displaying it, this is quite interesting to some point.

The cabinet is from IKEA , here a few that are similar to the one I have they do have the same layout as glazing goes:

LIATORP Glass-door cabinet, white
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HEMNES Glass-door cabinet, white

I used IKEA United States since you are from TX which is Texas, USA I believe Cool

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Here some awesome Spino aditions!   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:09 am

Yesterday was my lucky day, after I asked tyrantqueen about the Orange Spinosaurus from Favorite Kinto, she foundme this beauty cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

And after looking around myself I also came across this one:

Never seen a Spino model with this wonderful color scheme hah! Always a must have Cool

tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:47 am

They're technically depicting the same animal (both made by Favorite), just the plastic version is a cheaper version intended for kids, and the resin is for adult collectors. If you look closely you can see the similarities in the sculpt Cool

Anyway glad to hear you got what you were looking for I love you

I wish the Favorite Deinonychus was as easy to find in UK though D:
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:05 pm

Congratulations they look fantastic! :) But then if possible, it would be nice to see pictures of the real thing. sunny

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:58 pm

tyrantqueen wrote:
They're technically depicting the same animal (both made by Favorite), just the plastic version is a cheaper version intended for kids, and the resin is for adult collectors. If you look closely you can see the similarities in the sculpt Cool

Anyway glad to hear you got what you were looking for I love you

I wish the Favorite Deinonychus was as easy to find in UK though D:

I thank you greatly for helping me out my love I love you I love you I love you

Roger wrote:
Congratulations they look fantastic! :) But then if possible, it would be nice to see pictures of the real thing. sunny
Sure I just bought them yesterday the orange one which will be my Mascot for the Dutch Soccer team haha Normally I don't care much of football BUT when my country is gonna play obviously I am for them all the way lol! lol! lol! lol!

And the other will replace the Schleich Spinosaurus which I will be selling with the Schleich Kronosaurus for any Schleich fans around here.

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 2:35 am

Just grabbed this awesome Tylo today!

Kaiyodo Dinotales Tylosaurus proriger:

baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 9:37 am

The Steve Foulkes model is really nice! But, your orchids are exquisite! What's your secret to keeping them so great?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 12:30 pm

Congratulations Tylo, the Japanese replica is great! Very Happy

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 1:54 pm

That is an absolutely fantastic Kaiyodo tylosaurus bounce cheers

CONGRATULATIONS with this great addition flower

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:27 pm

baltimore zoo wrote:
The Steve Foulkes model is really nice! But, your orchids are exquisite! What's your secret to keeping them so great?

Every week I give them a bath under myn kitchen tap in the sink for about 5 minutes I let them saturate for that moment then I refresh the water in their pots and place them back where I have them :)
I have about12 orchids now the oldest I have just over 3 years :) It takes about 2 to 3 hours to give them this caring treatment but the end resultdoes show it's qualities Wink

Roger wrote:
Congratulations Tylo, the Japanese replica is great! Very Happy

Many thanks Roger :) Although I can't say that 35 USD incl shipping is cheap :X That was a bit painful rofl! lol!
SUSANNE wrote:
That is an absolutely fantastic Kaiyodo tylosaurus bounce cheers

CONGRATULATIONS with this great addition flower

Thanks SUSANNE xDDDD yeah this one seems to be rare I've heard, dunno how rare though :)

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Congrats again!! Very Happy cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptySat May 26, 2012 6:31 pm

widukind wrote:
Congrats again!! Very Happy cheers
Thanks mate Cool Yeah was worth it though :)

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 5:56 am

Well here are some nice items that arrived for my Dino collection :)

Kinto Favorite Spinosaurus agypticus Scale 1:40 Resin & Scale 1:50 Desktop Model:

They also show the nasal crest a small detail which most other models lack having:

here a rear angled view of the two Spino's:

Top view, nice slender bodies these creatures have, also that these models show them if very precise details:

As new addition I also bought this Scale 1:35 Suchomimus Resin:

Last edited by Tylosaurus on Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://leagueofdilos.forumotion.net/
tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:32 am

Nice new collection of piscavores you got there I love you

I'm getting the Sucho too *high five* cheers
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 6:43 am

tyrantqueen wrote:
Nice new collection of piscavores you got there I love you

I'm getting the Sucho too *high five* cheers
Thanks youuuss <3333333333 I love you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I love you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yaps that Sucho will be an interesting attempt xDDDDDD High Five back my love! cheers cheers cheers

Hmm Suchomimus --> A Spino without thye Fin xDDD [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:31 am

Congrats again!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 2:57 pm

widukind wrote:
Congrats again!! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Yeah thanks, that Suchomimus will be an interesting one to work on, I actually never worked with a Resin before xD

aandmkw

aandmkw

Country/State : Gardendale, TX

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 8:29 pm

They are beautiful. Congratulations on these great finds.
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:49 pm

aandmkw wrote:
They are beautiful. Congratulations on these great finds.
Thanks xDDDD cheers cheers cheers

Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 2:17 am

Here some updated pics of my Orchids and my Steggies, a 10th Steggy has been added the 1996 Safari Ltd Stegosaurus on the far right, just next to the Kaiyodo Colorata Toujiangosaurus :)

Many many many thanks, big hugs and lots of kisses go to my lovely partner I love you [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Tyrantqueen I love you for her gift towards me, that 1996 Safari Stegosaurus is a very sweet addition to my Stegosauridae Collection :)
Here from the right:

Here from the left view:

And here a neatly zoomed in picture of the Steggies :)

tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:31 am

Quote :
Many many many thanks, big hugs and lots of kisses go to my lovely partner I love you Tyrantqueen I love you for her gift towards me, that 1996 Safari Stegosaurus is a very sweet addition to my Stegosauridae Collection Smile
Here from the right:
You are very welcome I love you

Those orchids are looking lovely by the way Very Happy I am sure they're growing well under your kind care I love you

Is that a dragon next to the new Safari Stego? :O
Back to top Go down
Tylosaurus

Tylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:51 am

tyrantqueen wrote:
Quote :
Many many many thanks, big hugs and lots of kisses go to my lovely partner I love you Tyrantqueen I love you for her gift towards me, that 1996 Safari Stegosaurus is a very sweet addition to my Stegosauridae Collection Smile
Here from the right:
You are very welcome I love you

Those orchids are looking lovely by the way Very Happy I am sure they're growing well under your kind care I love you

Is that a dragon next to the new Safari Stego? :O
yaaaps xDDD The McFairlane Clan 2 Water Dragon and the other one on the far left next to the CollectA Steggy is the McFairlane Clan 3 Water Dragon :)

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 1:24 am

I never thought before how nice would be to collect Steggies. I confess I thought only in collecting ceratopsians but an abandoned project. :)
Congratulations for your new Steggy gift and I think it is the first time I see the Colorata Tuojiangosaurus! For your info Miragaia is a Portuguese Steggy. bounce Very Happy Wink

PostSubject: Re: Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD   Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tylo's Collection from 1976 to 2012 & Beyond! From Chinasaurs to Dinosaurs xD
Page 2 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next