Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses

Go down 
+15
Cyhyraeth
krista
Carola
Ana
Sapphire
Fisva
ReinbowSchleich
scot(t)
Kikimalou
animallover4jesus
widukind
Elros Alvar
SUSANNE
Roger
AlienMantis
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Elros Alvar

Elros Alvar

Country/State : Spain

horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:34 am

[quote="SUSANNE"]I copied these from another sucject.
As Roger pointed out, they also belong here Very Happy

Wow, amazing horses Susanne cheers cheers sunny

Look my Photo-Gallery On Flickr: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
*Álvaro*
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:39 pm

CollectA Shire mare and the new Schleich Shire Very Happy Any opportunity to post pics of the Princess, I'll take it! Razz

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:08 pm

I think Princess looks more and more happy for every day she spends with you cheers

Great pictures, thanks, - and give them both a hug from me Wink

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:21 pm

Thanks for posting Susanne and Carola! flower
Carola, do you know that Bullyland has a Persian cat called Princess? She is also white, pink and lovely! flower
Anytime I see the Queen I feel tempted to get it. affraid I just have to remember that I don't collect horse. Very Happy

Carola

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:39 am

Thank you Susanne and Roger Very Happy I googled the Bullyland Persian Princess, very fluffy cute, but I might even say she looks to be more faithful to her actual nature rolemodel than Schleich Princess is Razz And yes, the Black mare is lovely, so why can't she join a non horse collection? She might add someting new Laughing .. as horse addiction and moneyloss.

Here are a few more with the CollectA Shire mare together with other Schleich heavy horses(Might give a better impression than when using Princess)
With the old Shire Gelding.

Getting romantic are we?

With Percheron Stallion(isn't he lovely Cool ).

With the sweet ol' Clydesdale Mare.

Last edited by Carola on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:02 am

Carola wrote:
.... I googled the Bullyland Persian Princess, very fluffy cute, but I might even say she looks to be more faithful to her actual nature rolemodel than Schleich Princess is Razz

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thanks for the pictures Very Happy

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks for pictures, Carola! Princess by Bully is only a caricatural and childish figure like yours from Schleich. Some braids and pink elastics are missing, maybe also a Schleich tag, and it would be the most loved little fluffy girl. flower

Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:55 pm

Roger wrote:
Thanks for pictures, Carola! Princess by Bully is only a caricatural and childish figure like yours from Schleich. Some braids and pink elastics are missing, maybe also a Schleich tag, and it would be the most loved little fluffy girl. flower

I do not agree !
Actually Princess is less a caricature than the real thing Wink

Ohh, I am getting sick and tired of photobucket !!! Suspect
I tried again and again to upload these two pictures, but onluý one showed. Then , when I scrolled all the way down to the bottom...there were 4 pcs of the ooter picture Mad

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:05 pm

Yes Susanne, you're right! Very Happy We cannot compare a Persian cat with a Shire horse. The first is pure cuteness, fluffiness, etc. So a good toy need to follow this appearance. Shires are powerful horses with a very impressive lloking, they surely have a touch of cuteness like in all creatures of this world, however the cuteness is not surely the main characteristic of a Shire.
I really would love to know how braided Princess would be accepted if it was a Bullyland figure. I love to study the market but some things I'll never understand. geek

Carola

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:55 pm

Cool to see your Bully Persian, Susanne cheers

Roger wrote:
They surely have a touch of cuteness like in all creatures of this world.

That's the magic I love you
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Carola wrote:
Cool to see your Bully Persian, Susanne cheers

Roger wrote:
They surely have a touch of cuteness like in all creatures of this world.

That's the magic I love you
When it is natural and subtile, it is magic. :flower:When it is exagerated and obvious, it isn't magic anymore. clown
Two collectors, two ways of thinking, a lot of joy! Very Happy cheers Wink

Carola

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Roger wrote:

When it is natural and subtile, it is magic. :flower:When it is exagerated and obvious, it isn't magic anymore. clown

Like humanity and their 'beautyenhancing' plastic surgery Rolling Eyes

We may have misunderstood eachother - with magic i think of the magic of nature, and how it designed its inhabitants Very Happy

I think, like when a replica of something living is on the edge before it comes to life(as it never does), it dives into the so-called Uncanny Valley affraid That's why the charicature was invented - to make sure of the viewers being attracted.
But I doubt we, who collect Schleich, CollectA, Papo etc. Will ever have to be concerned about that 'Valley'.
Sorry, that was just a side-thought study
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:50 am

Carola wrote:
Roger wrote:

Like humanity and their 'beautyenhancing' plastic surgery Rolling Eyes

We may have misunderstood eachother - with magic i think of the magic of nature, and how it designed its inhabitants Very Happy

I think, like when a replica of something living is on the edge before it comes to life(as it never does), it dives into the so-called Uncanny Valley affraid That's why the charicature was invented - to make sure of the viewers being attracted.
But I doubt we, who collect Schleich, CollectA, Papo etc. Will ever have to be concerned about that 'Valley'.

My empathy with a figure is not related with how much I can see myself mirrored on it. I don't have such a huge ego. I only enjoy discussing how educational and well replicated they are. Surely all those aspects are important but certainly we are talking about different things. I've found that all these years, I tried to participate in horse discussions under my ignorance, trying to learn something more about these beautiful animals and figured that most part of the discussions were not related with how good replicas these figures are but how sweet and lovely they look. Just like in a forum about plushies where what is the best and what we like best means exactly the same thing. So, as a artifitial empathy, I would suggest to call it Silicon Valley with all respect once any way of loving a figure is as much valide as mine. flower

Carola

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:27 am

Roger wrote:

My empathy with a figure is not related with how much I can see myself mirrored on it. I don't have such a huge ego. I only enjoy discussing how educational and well replicated they are. Surely all those aspects are important but certainly we are talking about different things. I've found that all these years, I tried to participate in horse discussions under my ignorance, trying to learn something more about these beautiful animals and figured that most part of the discussions were not related with how good replicas these figures are but how sweet and lovely they look. Just like in a forum about plushies where what is the best and what we like best means exactly the same thing. So, as a artifitial empathy, I would suggest to call it Silicon Valley with all respect once any way of loving a figure is as much valide as mine. flower

I hope not I look too much like Princess affraid Razz
All these psycological mechanisms I don't know enough about to start discussing them, without ending in a mess I can't handle.

I'm absolutely no horse expert, but over time, I hopefully go a little wiser on that topic.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 11:14 am

Carola wrote:
(...)

This is very interesting! I didn't learn about this "uncanny valley" before but it explains a lot to me now when I found some articles about it. :) Thank You for mentioning this Carola. flower However I can't say if it would work for animals replicas, it rather works mainly in artificial human I think? (even though stuffed animals/taxidermy brings some uncomfortable feelings too, probably from different reasons).
But this "uncanny valley" explained why I always hated dolls, especially realistic ones, this had to work in my head, now when I read about this it looks clear to me (finally) Very Happy And movies about dolls such as "Ghost in the Shell" were almost painful to look at for me, it's great to know why Very Happy

This may also be one of the reasons why human head is one of the most difficult and interesting sculpting theme. (human brain analyzes human face MUCH more carefully than any other kind of objects) :)

From the other side, I'm not too big fan of caricature too, maybe only with some exceptions. cat

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:13 pm

Ana wrote:
Carola wrote:
(...)
I think, like when a replica of something living is on the edge before it comes to life(as it never does), it dives into the so-called Uncanny Valley :affraid: That's why the charicature was invented - to make sure of the viewers being attracted.
Sorry, that was just a side-thought :study:

This is very interesting! I didn't learn about this "uncanny valley" before but it explains a lot to me now when I found some articles about it. :) Thank You for mentioning this Carola. :flower: However I can't say if it would work for animals replicas, it rather works mainly in artificial human I think? (even though stuffed animals/taxidermy brings some uncomfortable feelings too, probably from different reasons).
But this "uncanny valley" explained why I always hated dolls, especially realistic ones, this had to work in my head, now when I read about this it looks clear to me (finally) :D And movies about dolls such as "Ghost in the Shell" were almost painful to look at for me, it's great to know why :D

This may also be one of the reasons why human head is one of the most difficult and interesting sculpting theme. (human brain analyzes human face MUCH more carefully than any other kind of objects) :)

From the other side, I'm not too big fan of caricature too, maybe only with some exceptions. :cat:

Me too! I've always disliked dolls and clowns which fit very well in the uncanny valley. The uncanny valley -problem is the most visible in 3D-animation, because they can be so realistic. It's good if the character looks human-like and sympathetic, but if it looks too realistic, it becomes creepy...

So this uncanny valley thing is mainly about human figures...
But one reason why I don't like some animal figures is, that they lack 'soul'... or personality. The figure might be almost accurate and perfect in many ways, but something in it makes me not to like it that much... :/ This doesn't mean that I only like figures that look cute or adorable. But this might explain that sometimes I like the older version better....

I don't like caricatures either, at least the traditional caricature style that people offer in market places etc. Where the artist exaggerates your every feature.. Ick... :(

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 12:45 pm

Ana and Krista, it's cool with some views on that strange theme, and I'm happy it explained some things for you cheers I personally think those kinds of theories are incredibly interesting, and also explains a lot.

But yes, I think it mostly is a thing concerning human replicas, but I once red about and experiment with monkeys, where they showed repulsive behavior towards a very realistic romputer animated monkey.

Now I think this should be continued in another thread Razz But it certainly is a relevant theme. And for artists especially.
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:35 pm

Carola wrote:
Roger wrote:

I hope not I look too much like Princess affraid Razz
All these psycological mechanisms I don't know enough about to start discussing them, without ending in a mess I can't handle.

I'm absolutely no horse expert, but over time, I hopefully go a little wiser on that topic.

There is anything wrong if you find yourself like Princess. It doesn't mean that you have hooves! Laughing Wink
Think the reasons why you like that figure and those could be also the reasons why you like yourself. It is good when we have a balanced amount of self-esteem, as long as we dont have a steep nose like some crocs I know. Wink alien
Honestly, I predicted that the figure would be very successful although its fantasied conception. Unfortunately I was right and it is scary reading the topic about best Schleich 2013 figure and see some people choosing it. I really don't believe that someone can find it as the best. I only believe that people loves it best. In Portuguese language those are different ideas.
With all this positive feedback around such a fantasied figure, I'm sure, knowing how money oriented is Schleich, that the brand will give even a more fantasied looking to their future figures and ruin all series as they are doing with horse series. I see our forum as a good contribution to discuss and help brands giving a more educative touch to their animal series, turning them realistic, scientific accurate, and a way to help people finding how interesting, diversified and valuable is our Planet. If people can't find character in a figure that is realistic, that is people's fault, it is like when a man cannot see how beautiful is a woman when she is not charged with make up.
We have a lot of toys on market based on character and excessive cuteness, Barbie lines, plushies, Little pony, etc. I would love to see these brands working in a different direction but that is impossible when market wants fantasy and fantasy. Very Happy
I enjoy discussing with you but for me the Princess subject is just finished. I'm giving too much importance to a figure that is a symbol of Schleich decadency and mercyful love. flower

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:35 pm

Roger wrote:
Honestly, I predicted that the figure would be very successful although its fantasied conception.

When I first saw the images, I actually predicted it would be the most bashed figure of the year. And I think still think it is... I haven't seen it being praised by that many people, in here or other forums..

I usually start to feel sorry for certain figures (I know they're just plastic!) and start to like them more, because they're so disliked.
It's happened to me with the Asian Mythical Being and now with the Princess.

But each to their own :) It's cool that people like different figures.

I'm only afraid that newer collectors or younger people will change their opinions, because what some other, more popular or known collector has said.
Probably nobody wants it to happen, but it can happen so easily.

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:10 pm

Roger wrote:
Unfortunately I was right and it is scary reading the topic about best Schleich 2013 figure and see some people choosing it. I really don't believe that someone can find it as the best.

Did anyone chose her to be the best? Except me maybe - though I just said she was a personal favorite, not the best in sculpt or realism. That I think the new Black Panther is (except those teeth). But that discussion to the right thread -----> Very Happy

Besides yes, good with self-esteem, and I guess crocs have some of that too yes, but still a healthy eye on reality Cool

Krista, I know that feeling too, feeling you got to take care of those every one else are bullying I love you
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Another contribution Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 7:53 pm

I don't collect horses but I enjoy a lot this topic. Very Happy
Beautiful pair of Hanoverians. Very Happy

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2013 11:22 pm

Roger wrote:
I don't collect horses but I enjoy a lot this topic. Very Happy
Beautiful pair of Hanoverians. Very Happy

Agreed! Those are both very lovely!
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 12:46 am

Yet another I love you
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:09 am

Carola, very nice to see the CollectA frisian with the Schleich mare. Very Happy
They are incredibly different, the CollectA has very long legs and a general horse looking while the Schleich mare looks almost built like a pony or an Icey! They feature the typical way both brands explore horse proportions, very interesting, thanks! flower

PostSubject: Re: size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses    horses - size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

size comparison between Schleich horses and CollectA horses
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next