Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Show us your Customised/Repainted models !

Go down 
+59
Joliezac
tonihan24
pipsxlch
RtasVadumee
Burgerenby
Bonnie
Caracal
spacelab
Giulia
Pardofelis
kessan
barracudacat
zirkoon
Dum_my
Noémi
koniminiatures
JonasV
ulinuk
Chris Sweetman
Bloodrayne
Dorkan
Steve170
GoldEagle
Melekh
AlvinCK
carlysulli
Yurumi
weaselfan93
lucky luke
Roger
SeanieP
Gulogulo76
shane ryan
SyLoBe
Regy
scot(t)
sortepletter
krista
skysthelimit
Saarlooswolfhound
Katty
PeGe
Sumo
ken yeo
Deseo
JackyLovertjex
STORMnl
animalluvr6
Elros Alvar
A-J
widukind
Ana
SUSANNE
Kikimalou
Cyhyraeth
MartinH
HKHollinstone
Pluisje1998
Rio
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 12:59 pm

Wow, this topic is great! Some wonderful repaints, Pardofelis! Especially great job on the zebra! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Bonnie

Bonnie

Country/State : UK

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 1:58 pm

Fantastic transformations, you have made them so much more realistic now! All the details are perfect! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://hoarenairne.wixsite.com/dogartist
lucky luke

lucky luke

Country/State : FRANCE Saint-Louis

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 4:00 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers

It's much better this way ! I love you
I have often thought of doing it, but I only paint my doubles! Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2021 6:06 pm

Somehow missed a lot of these, marvellous repaints all! Amazing how just a few adjustments improve the whole thing.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2021 10:52 am

Te chest patches of these bears are quite variable but a less siplistic choice gives surely a more ealistic touch.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2021 7:40 am

In especially like your works on bears, I must do it too now cheers
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

Country/State : Deutschland

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 12:44 pm

I think it might be best if I show my older repaints from Summer 2020 here instead of dumping them into my custom thread.

May 19th, 2020, My first attempt, a Haast's eagle created from a spare Bullyland bald eagle, I based the colouration on an illustration by Colin Edgerley and the reconstructions seen at the Rainbow Springs Nature Park in Rotorua:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

May 20th, 2020, A cheap plastic dinosaur turned into the Dromaeosaurus from the last episode of Walking with Dinosaurs:

May 21st, 2020, my third attempt, the Schleich Allosaurus from the junior line painted like the Walking with Dinosaurs version:

May 22nd, 2020, the Apatosaurus of that same Schleich line, I tried to incorporate the "train track" structure on its back into the pattern:

May 24th, 2020, a tiny cheap Protoceratops:

May 24th, 2020, a Schleich junior line Brachiosaurus:

May 25th, 2020, a cheap little Corythosaurus:

May 28th, 2020, the Bullyland Allosaurus:

Jun 5th, 2020, bathtub toys of an unknown brand:

Jun 6th, 2020, the elegant Bullyland Elasmosaurus, repainted like Goro Furuta’s plesiosaur sculpture:

Jun 10th, 2020, the "Euoplocephalus" by AAA, the figure is however more a Frankenstein's monster of various genera als most older Euoplocephalus depictions, the body is of Scolosaurus, the tail of Dyoplosaurus and the head of Anodontosaurus

Jul 5th, 2020, the Schleich World of History Styracosaurus with colours based on a painting by Joe Tucciarone:

Jul 8th, 2020, a small Paraceratherium model sculpted by Mike Eischen:

Jul 13th, 2020, the Replica Saurus Tyrannosaurus by Schleich from 2007, painted like Roberta from Jurassic Park:

Jul 14th, 2020, the U.K.R.D. Iguanodon from 1992:

Jul 15th, 2020, a small cheap Tyrannosaurus:

Jul 16th, 2020, the beautiful Schleich ground sloth from Schleich's Prehistoric Series:

Jul 25th, 2020, the Schleich Replica Saurus Shonisaurus:

Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 1:04 pm

Amazing work! I especially like the Schleich Allosaurus, since the BBC Ballad of Big Al (sequel of Walking with Dinosaurus) is one of the dino documentaries I liked more and you absolutely narrowed the paintjob with the model on this film.
I'm also impressed with the Shonisaurus, these scars in skin (maybe caused by rival males?) make it so realistic!

Total: 307
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 3:35 pm

Soooooo many amazing repaints, you have such talent for detail and realism! cheers cheers
You have turned the most basic models into beauties, with so much accurate colouring! Very Happy I am so impressed, it must have taken so long to do so many! sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 4:02 pm

cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Caracal

Caracal

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 4:05 pm

Great skill with brushes! I particulaty love the Schleich giant sloth (I don't have) cheers cheers drunken
Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 4:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you, The Ballad of Big Al is one of the most underrated Christmas movies (it counts as it was released on Christmas, right?), I think it was also one of the first DVDs I ever owned, the split halves of dramatic narrative and hard science with a bit of humour have been the best format for any palaeontology documentary so far, although I'd say the main Walking with Dinosaurs series and Walking with Beasts come close when you watch the making of specials afterwards.
As giant ichthyosaurs like Shonisaurus were the sperm whales of their time, except without the integrated sonic cannons, I felt like I just have to add scars and some barnacles while I was at it as well, it is fun to add stuff that make it seem more like an individual, an old specimen that has stories to tell.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thank you, it feels like an eternity but I'm surprised I managed to make so many over the span of just three months while also learning how to do it in the process, a lot of my old ones from that time have cheaper paint and are unfortunately a bit sticky to this day, the Elasmosaurus is the first one where I invested in a better brand that doesn't cause this anymore.
At that time, before I had my own Apoxie I essentially lived by the motto "there are no bad sculpts, only bad paint jobs" but now that I can resculpt and repose I look for example at some of Papo's strange pose choices as wasted potential, but improving a figure by repainting it alone is a fun challenge now and then.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm glad you like them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] A look into German eBay is definitely worth it, although I simply painted the one I kept since childhood.
Shipping shouldn't be too extreme either, I got some of my Starlux models from French eBay.
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Burgerenby wrote:
"there are no bad sculpts, only bad paint jobs"

I strongly disagree on this, a good sculpt is as important or more than a good paintjob. Otherwise one could think that this shoe-headed stegosaur from a batthub toy is realistc Razz

Back to top Go down
Burgerenby

Burgerenby

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 5:11 pm

As I said, I changed my mind on that, but a bathtub toy is a bathtub toy and as such it looks like one.
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 5:20 pm

Holy smokes!!! Big Al! I got that movie as a child and was obssessed with it and the "walking with-" series. My Sister lives in Laramie WY and took me to their university's geological museum and I knew the second I saw the articulated fossil specimen who it was (technically this articulation was comprised of specimen copies than the original fossil but nevermind that...). What a great repaint! The model looks MUCH better. Wink 
All your other repaints are great too of course, very nice color schemes, patterns, and talent of course.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 13, 2021 6:25 pm

Great repaints I like your imagination with using mixed patterns and colors on the prehistoric creatures. Applause
The ground sloth with the inspiration from the anteater pattern looks cool! I love you

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 2:40 pm

New customs!
Safari LTD big-eyed thresher shark
Original:
Customized:

Safari LTD spotted eagle ray
Original:
Customized:

Also the underside, as I was unable to accept that gill position/shape Razz

Back to top Go down
lucky luke

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 10:51 am

Very Happy Applause cheers
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 11:44 am

They look amazing now that you have customised them, wow! I love all the shades of blue and grey in the shark! cheers
Back to top Go down
Pardofelis

Pardofelis

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptySun May 23, 2021 10:09 pm

New repaint (and a bit of reshape in the chin): Schleich proboscis monkey

Before:

After:

And now the frontal part. The button-surprised eyes was disturbing to me so I've changed them.

Back to top Go down
RtasVadumee

RtasVadumee

Country/State : France

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 12:57 am

Wow, nice, that's the Schleich size with the Mojo paintjob !

Safari 24
Yujin 15
Southlands 12
Mojo 14
Maia&Borges 5
Bullyland 1
Recur 1
Homemade 3
Bootleg 1
Total 582
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 10:32 am

Your apparently small changes make a big difference. I wished I had the ability of doing the same. monkey

lucky luke

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptyMon May 24, 2021 11:28 pm

Very Happy Applause cheers Cool sunny
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 6:41 pm

newcomers from _lyds_

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Bonnie

Bonnie

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 10:10 pm

That's very kind of her, so many wonderful and unique repaints! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us your Customised/Repainted models !   Show us your Customised/Repainted models ! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us your Customised/Repainted models !
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next