Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics)

Go down 
+4
SUSANNE
sortepletter
Roger
Pony
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pony

Pony

Country/State : Ontario, Canada

Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics) Empty
PostSubject: Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics)   Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:52 am

We went into town today to shop for model horses for my sister and ended up dropping by a few second-hand stores. At the Tack Shop where we stopped to get new models, I got a three-dollar horse. I might call him Felix, but he'll be customized by me. :)

Felix: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then we went to one second-hand shop and it was a bust, not much there most of the time anyways! The second shop we stopped by I booked it towards the kids' toys, where I was joined by a young boy and girl who were looking for toys! I rifled through the buckets and immediately a little sheep caught my eyes. Here's Pip, a Safari Ewe:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The second time around I found a beautiful black tomcat and scooped him up. He'll be customized as well, as for the name, Oswald maybe? He's a Funrise model, something I'd never seen before! Here he is:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Then the next three were found almost side-by-side. A doe, a bull and a horse! The horse and bull are to scale with each other, but the goat is about the size of the bull. All three of these guys will be customized as well:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I then found a 'No-faced' rider! He's about to scale with schleich, as seen here beside Amos the Hano, and Kat the lady! No name ideas yet! Here:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
My last and most interesting find was Goliath here, a Safari Triceratops! Now it is unusual that i scooped him up because my main type of collections are farm animals. Goliath was a lovely first dinosaur and he might be going to live with my best friend soon. :0 Emphasis on might, because I'm getting attached to him! xD Here he is, my lovely boy:

And as usual, a funny picture because I'm a goof:
Goliath is a Drama-saur. Razz

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics)   Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:14 am

Laughing Great additions! Very Happy
If there were farms on prehistoric world, I'm sure triceratops were among the most common animals of these farms. To me they are only grazing bulls dressed like reptiles.
They only can't be cows and give milk because they were not mammals. geek
But meat, taste very good , try to ask a theropod... Laughing
I like the names you're giving to your animals. I also give names to my figures, that gives some individuality to them. Very Happy

Last edited by Roger on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pony

Pony

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics)   Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 1:31 am

Roger wrote:
Laughing Great additions! Very Happy
If there were farms on prehistoric world, I'm sure triceratops were among the most common animals of these farms. To me they are only grazing bulls dressed like reptiles.
They only can't be cows and give milk because they were not mammals. geek
But meet, taste very good , try to ask a theropod... Laughing
I like the names you're giving to your animals. I also give names to my figures, that gives some individuality to them. Very Happy

Thank you! And yes, i would have to agree with you on that one! I don't know much about dinosaurs, but Goliath seems to be the most bovine-like, despite the fact that his lady counter-parts would not have udders! tongue
I wonder what triceratops would taste like, hmm?
Thank you again, Roger, naming them is the most fun! Very Happy

sortepletter

sortepletter

Country/State : Niedersachsen Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics)   Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 2:51 am

Great finds! And the Drama-saur made me laugh Sad(o)): If he's into drama, you'll have your hands full with him Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics)   Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:20 am

Wonderful finds cheers
It sounds like you had a great day Very Happy

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics)   Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 11:57 am

Nice newcomers!! Congrats!! cheers cheers cheers cheers

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics)   Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:23 pm

Congratulations, great newcomers, very nice names and how much fun with dramasaurus! I don't think You should say good bye to only dino on Your farm, I'm sure he can be a real star there! Very Happy
I like the rider too, even if he has no face Suspect Laughing But nice colors of his cloths I think :)
The pinto horse is nice too, somehow paint style on him remind me th paint work on famous Schleich Super pinto Shocked cyclops Anyone sees th resemblance too, or it's just me? Suspect Embarassed

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Pony

Pony

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics)   Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:40 pm

sortepletter wrote:
Great finds! And the Drama-saur made me laugh Sad(o)): If he's into drama, you'll have your hands full with him Laughing
You bet! He's sitting over on my painting table, probably telling all my custom horses about his adventures! ( Or acting them out, tsk tsk ) lol!

SUSANNE wrote:
Wonderful finds cheers
It sounds like you had a great day Very Happy
I did! We went out for Vietnamese Soup and I went home with full hands and a belly! xD

widukind wrote:
Nice newcomers!! Congrats!! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Well thanks! I think my favourite is my little ewe, Pip. She fits great into my schleich collection.

ana wrote:
Congratulations, great newcomers, very nice names and how much fun with dramasaurus! I don't think You should say good bye to only dino on Your farm, I'm sure he can be a real star there! Very Happy
I like the rider too, even if he has no face Suspect Laughing But nice colors of his cloths I think :)
The pinto horse is nice too, somehow paint style on him remind me th paint work on famous Schleich Super pinto Shocked cyclops Anyone sees th resemblance too, or it's just me? Suspect Embarassed
Aw, thanks! I think I might keep him as well, maybe get my friend a different Safari animal? Or schleich, I want to get him into collecting SOMETHING with me! xD Yes, the rider has a nice mould, when you set him on my schleich horses his bum doesn't quite touch the saddle, though. Oh yeah! He does have a similar paint style, doesn't he? Not as nice though, I'll say. He's being primed as we speak, actually. :)

animalluvr6

animalluvr6

Country/State : United States, Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics)   Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Such great pics! I love that drama-saur! Congrats on your new additions! Very Happy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." ~Anatole France
Back to top Go down
http://kelseys66.blogspot.com/
krista

krista

Country/State : finland

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics)   Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics) EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 10:53 pm

The sheep! So adorable!<3

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics)   Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics) Empty

Back to top Go down

Safari ltd,Funrise etc...! ( with pics)
Page 1 of 1