Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!

Go down 
+37
zosenwoans
NandO
AlvinCK
JonasV
WILLYBACOMAN
Steve170
Duck-Anch-Amun
sphyrna18
jarda
A-J
Bongo
HKHollinstone
bojan
Fisva
ken yeo
donny ong
pm64
carlysulli
animalluvr6
Numa
Philter4
Sergey
cattlecollector
Taos
Kiryuha
STORMnl
lucky luke
scot(t)
Saarlooswolfhound
Ana
Kikimalou
SUSANNE
PeGe
alexmotoc
widukind
skysthelimit
Roger
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Steve170

Steve170

Country/State : United Kingdom

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 7:25 pm

My girlfriend is in trouble because there's a new love in my life now!

I'm delighted Mojo decided to make this beautiful cat, I think the sculpt is fantastic! This was the animal I was hoping for more than any other and Mojo have done a great job.

I give a huge thanks to Mojo Very Happy

I really look forward to seeing your repaint Anna!

sphyrna18

Country/State : Pennsylvania, USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 7:51 pm

I just want to clarify - I know the Kaiyodo figure is a Clouded Leopard. At least the Yellow and Grey versions are. I was just saying that highlighting that as being the BEST Clouded Leopard figure and using it to illustrate what is wrong with the Mojo figure isn't holding much water. It wasn't the ONLY clouded leopard figure, since Wild Republic had a figure labeled "Clouded Leopard" in their Tube series - but the Kaiyodo was the only one that I'm aware of that actually looked like a clouded leopard due to sculpting. But the paint job leaves much to be desired, the tail appears too short, definitely too skinny, tapered to a point... There's a verifiable list of "flaws". Regardless, I personally like the Kaiyodo Clouded Leopards. I shelled out the money to buy them precisely because I like them. I just don't think they are much of a yard stick by which to measure all other clouded leopard figures.

And while I'm at it: Yes, sculpting-wise, many of Papo's big cats are DY-NO-MITE! They are definitely the best for most of their big cat figures. However, they, too, have their flaws, minor as they may be. For instance, I have two cross-eyed Tiger figures, one with orange coloration so faint it's barely there. I have a leopard that is nearly spotless. My Puma figure lacks any white-ish paint on the belly and chest... And have we forgotten the Papo Jaguar and its tail? Not to mention that mine seems to be lacking any kind of white coloring on the undersides. Let's also keep in mind: Papo haven't released a single new big cat figure, let alone a new species (GASP!) in a few years. While they don't need to replace most of the big cats they have produced, they could stand to diversify a bit. I don't really see that happening, but hopefully I'm wrong. Mojo, on the other hand, is diversifying, releasing new species, and experimenting. They have room for improvement, but they are making great strides.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions - there is no law that says you have to like what Mojo or any other brand produces. I have no vested interest in this clouded leopard figure or in any other figure, really. But there are many on this forum that do; many who work very hard to produce the best figures possible. I don't usually feel any need to "stick up for" any figures or brands, but some of the comments about this particular figure were a little uncalled for, especially given the fact that many people on this forum have worked closely with Mojo to produce it. While I don't think anyone should have to love this figure, or any other figure, or any brand - nor should anyone feel unwelcome in expressing their opinions about why they do not like something - I do think that they should be respectful of the hard work put into bringing these to market. They should be respectful of the people involved in producing these. And they probably shouldn't say anything that they wouldn't say to someone if they were face-to-face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sphyrnaenterprises.com
scot(t)

scot(t)

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 17, 2012 9:22 pm

sphyrna18 wrote:
I just want to clarify - I know the Kaiyodo figure is a Clouded Leopard. At least the Yellow and Grey versions are. I was just saying that highlighting that as being the BEST Clouded Leopard figure and using it to illustrate what is wrong with the Mojo figure isn't holding much water. It wasn't the ONLY clouded leopard figure, since Wild Republic had a figure labeled "Clouded Leopard" in their Tube series - but the Kaiyodo was the only one that I'm aware of that actually looked like a clouded leopard due to sculpting. But the paint job leaves much to be desired, the tail appears too short, definitely too skinny, tapered to a point... There's a verifiable list of "flaws". Regardless, I personally like the Kaiyodo Clouded Leopards. I shelled out the money to buy them precisely because I like them. I just don't think they are much of a yard stick by which to measure all other clouded leopard figures.

And while I'm at it: Yes, sculpting-wise, many of Papo's big cats are DY-NO-MITE! They are definitely the best for most of their big cat figures. However, they, too, have their flaws, minor as they may be. For instance, I have two cross-eyed Tiger figures, one with orange coloration so faint it's barely there. I have a leopard that is nearly spotless. My Puma figure lacks any white-ish paint on the belly and chest... And have we forgotten the Papo Jaguar and its tail? Not to mention that mine seems to be lacking any kind of white coloring on the undersides. Let's also keep in mind: Papo haven't released a single new big cat figure, let alone a new species (GASP!) in a few years. While they don't need to replace most of the big cats they have produced, they could stand to diversify a bit. I don't really see that happening, but hopefully I'm wrong. Mojo, on the other hand, is diversifying, releasing new species, and experimenting. They have room for improvement, but they are making great strides.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions - there is no law that says you have to like what Mojo or any other brand produces. I have no vested interest in this clouded leopard figure or in any other figure, really. But there are many on this forum that do; many who work very hard to produce the best figures possible. I don't usually feel any need to "stick up for" any figures or brands, but some of the comments about this particular figure were a little uncalled for, especially given the fact that many people on this forum have worked closely with Mojo to produce it. While I don't think anyone should have to love this figure, or any other figure, or any brand - nor should anyone feel unwelcome in expressing their opinions about why they do not like something - I do think that they should be respectful of the hard work put into bringing these to market. They should be respectful of the people involved in producing these. And they probably shouldn't say anything that they wouldn't say to someone if they were face-to-face.

I don't really have anything substantive to add, but I did want to second everything sphyrna18 says here. (sphyrna18, is it 'Chad'? That's what I have lodged in my memory.)

In presenting these figures to us, Mojo is a guest here at STS. It doesn't mean we aren't allowed to criticize, but that can be done in a polite way. As sphyrna18 puts it above, all one has to do is imagine that the person is in the room. A good example was Christophe's recommendation for the painting scheme on the Pronghorn's face. It was put forward in a constructive and friendly way.

Also sphyrna18 raises a really good point about Papo's big cats, something that's been bumping around in my head recently: It's been a while since Papo has put out any new Big Cats. We as collectors should appreciate, better than most, the fact that companies use different artists to make their sculpts and these artists don't always stick around. Just because Papo had some really excellent artists (or perhaps just one artist!) work up some amazing Lions, Tigers, and Jaguars, it doesn't mean they would now be able to release any new big cats of comparable quality. And so, it's fantastic that Mojo and other companies are still working on big cats.

Frankly, I'm so delighted that there is going to be a Clouded Leopard -- a real one with that freaking cool long tail -- available to buy.

Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:30 am

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:
Yes, they have really long tails and short legs just like me! alien

I guess this post would pleased Willy Laughing

What do you mean my friend?
That i have a long tail, and you have short legs? geek

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:42 am

For me, i think Möjo did quit a good job, and of course it has some minor flows, like the Kayodo had to maybe, but they are the only good ones so far, and i am happy with it, good job again Möjo!
Every spotted cat can have a melanistic form, maybe nobody saw them in the wild, it is even hard to find a spotted one in the jungle, so to find or see a melanistic one can be even harder.
And for the rest, even if i can be very critical to, as with the quagga, there are no perfect models so far, adn i know and saw a few in 36 years of collecting them, but some can come near to perfection, and that is already good to see!
Making a good mould, and paintsceme, does not say that is will work in production always, so as long as the companies do their best to reach for the best, i am a happy collector!
Everybody who knows me, knows to that i do collect every possible animal-model, and there are some very bad ones on the market, but they can have a charm for themselfs to! Rolling Eyes

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:08 pm

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:

I guess this post would pleased Willy Laughing

What do you mean my friend?
That i have a long tail, and you have short legs? geek

I also don't understand why Kiki and other friends are agreeing that you would feel pleased with my long tail and short legs. I can warrant you that I am anatomically different from the creatures of your Christmas cards. Laughing pale Rolling Eyes affraid rendeer santa

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Nobody was talking about you Rogerio... Mad

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 pm

Bongo wrote:
Really nice, Moyo made a cat which looks like similar to a clouded leopard, but unfortunately, it just looks like one, too bad, tehy didn't made really a clouded leopard.

So I think, I should send them pcitures of clouded leopards, so can they see, how this species is looking, so maybe they will recognize, they made a totally wrong body,a wrong colour and wrong spots, and whats worse-its smiling !

Mojo made a really good step in the right direction doing great and unuasally species-now thyy have to do the next step, to make GREAT and realistic looking figures of them-maybe in a couple of years. I hope, they will do then better models of the same specis......

Not all of their figures are bad, but this one is of them worse models from Mojo,also the honey badgers😢

And no, I'm NOT to strong with them, just dissappointed.

scratch scratch scratch "...they made a totally wrong body,a wrong colour and wrong spots, and whats worse-its smiling !" I disagree my friend... This model has a FULL coincidence with body morphology and exterier and MORE PART coincidence with colour of skin... Maybe his muzzle is some "smiling" and "cartoon" but it,s not bad for the FIRST big clouded leopard model and we did,nt see yet his muzzle clearly! Wink lol!

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 1:35 am

WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Really? scratch scratch I feel much better now! Very Happy

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:27 pm

Roger wrote:
WILLYBACOMAN wrote:

Really? scratch scratch I feel much better now! Very Happy

I never would throw your bodyparts over the forum my friend! Shocked

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Fantastic! cheers cheers cheers cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. I love you
Back to top Go down
AlvinCK

AlvinCK

Country/State : Malaysia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 4:34 am

Here's what I think about the Mojo clouded leopard.

First off I think I can relate to why the leopard has a 'smiling' face. It's natural in many animals to have a mouth gape that makes it look like it's smiling. It becomes the most obvious when you completely take away the body markings (think dolphins and dogs) and all, in this case the paintwork is simple (and it has to be for mass-production purposes).

Aside from that, the sculpt looks realistic enough to me sunny sunny cheers I've seen juvie clouded leopards in my hometown, their tails are very long to help with hanging down from the branches!

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 9:00 am

AlvinCK wrote:

Aside from that, the sculpt looks realistic enough to me sunny sunny cheers I've seen juvie clouded leopards in my hometown, their tails are very long to help with hanging down from the branches!

Isn`t this wonderful ? cheers
Listen to the expert !

Alvin, you live where they are actually to be found in the wild Shocked

To me it is like a dream, WOW, awesome !!! cheers
The wildest thing we have here is a red fox Rolling Eyes

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 9:46 am

Bongo wrote:
Really nice, Moyo made a cat which looks like similar to a clouded leopard, but unfortunately, it just looks like one, too bad, tehy didn't made really a clouded leopard.

So I think, I should send them pcitures of clouded leopards, so can they see, how this species is looking, so maybe they will recognize, they made a totally wrong body,a wrong colour and wrong spots, and whats worse-its smiling !

Mojo made a really good step in the right direction doing great and unuasally species-now thyy have to do the next step, to make GREAT and realistic looking figures of them-maybe in a couple of years. I hope, they will do then better models of the same specis......

Not all of their figures are bad, but this one is of them worse models from Mojo,also the honey badgers😢

And no, I'm NOT to strong with them, just dissappointed.

So I asked myself... Maybe I'm wrong and maybe we are a lot to be wrong... I guess it was time to make some real critics to MOJÖ team to explain them and to explain us that maybe there are a lot of mistakes in this clouded leopard toy. IMHO it is the best I can do for MOJÖ to help them to make better models.

So i agree it is time to show some pictures of clouded leopards to MOJÖ and to the (too much) enthusiast members of STS. I thought it would be a hard job scratch Then I first googled two minutes, indeed less than that Wink , and the answer really jumps out at me Shocked

A clouded leopard can't look like it is smiling No Never !

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 Clouded-leopard

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 Clouded-Leopard-Cubs-5126

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 Clouded-leopard-cub

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 Clouded-leopard-524-640x360

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 Clouded-Leopard-0001

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 CloudedLeopardCatPicturesleepingfacepattern

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 CloudedLeopardCatPictureprofile

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 Close-up-of-a-clouded-leopard-

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 14617252-clouded-leopard-neofelis-nebulova-big-cat-in-captivity

Last edited by Kikimalou on Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 9:49 am

WORSE than that ! Clouded leopard can't look like the MOJÖ poor interpretation What a Face

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 67214_return-of-the-clouded-leopards_ugua3tyjidoroz5v76c7zv3olhncurxrbvj6lwuht2ya6mzmafma_400x225

I hope it could help MOJÖ (and maybe some others Laughing ) to improve their models or their critics Wink
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:05 am

Ohhh Shocked they are probably smiling aliens disguised as clouded leopards What a Face

lol! lol! lol! lol!

NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:31 am

Roger wrote:
Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 5597365042_85cff3aa73

i have seen this animal in real life about few years ago in some village on my area..
people here called " macan dahan ".. this cat eat goat, lamb, chicken, and duck..
this cat size same with adult dog.. but not too big..
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:38 am

For an instant I thought the Mojo clouded leopard was already available! Laughing I am really in a huge excitment to have that figure. bounce bounce
But Nando, much more exciting is to have the chance of watching this animal in real. Very Happy Very Happy Of course they are not as impressive and huge as tigers and lions but surely they are wonderful animals. Very Happy

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Wow, you are very lucky. It must be very rare to get the prove ledge of seeing one Nando. :)
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 3:32 pm

Ohhh ! Imagine seing one alive !!! :shock

Yes, how lucky you are, WOW !!!! Sad(o)):

PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 7:00 pm

Last year, i visited two breeding pairs in wuppertal and Dortmund with cubs from different years, living together!
Those were one of my most incredible zoo moments.

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:15 pm

PeGe wrote:
Last year, i visited two breeding pairs in wuppertal and Dortmund with cubs from different years, living together!
Those were one of my most incredible zoo moments.

It was surely an incredilbe experience. Mainly knowing how much you love these animals. I remember the first time I touched a giant anteater in Lisbon Zoo. I've got very happy in a very silly way. Laughing geek Very Happy

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:28 pm

You are a lucky man cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Than i think it is for you and us also the topic "animals around your house" interesting Very Happy Very Happy

https://sts-forum.forumieren.de/t387-animals-around-your-house

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
NandO

NandO

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:50 am

ya i think im lucky..
actually, local people here dont like this animal.. because this cat kill their goats..
when they find it, absolutely the will kill it Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

wow first time i think this cat only live in here.. i just know it that this cat called " cloudy leopard " and live arround the world cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:44 pm

NandO wrote:
ya i think im lucky..
actually, local people here dont like this animal.. because this cat kill their goats..
when they find it, absolutely the will kill it Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

wow first time i think this cat only live in here.. i just know it that this cat called " cloudy leopard " and live arround the world cheers cheers cheers

Although it was not the main reason why Iberian lynxes desapeared from Portuguese territory, it also happened here and helped that this wonderful animal ended almost extinct.
Not long ago, owls were killed because people said it bring bad luck and misfortune.
That's true, they appear because there are mice in barns and owls help controling populations of mice and consequently the diseases they carry.
So if farmers kill them, the mice will proliferate, ruining crops and bring disease.
And the clever conclusion is: it was owl's fault. I love to know that humans are the most inteligent animals in our planet. geek Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!   Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mojo 2013 Clouded Leopard!!! ... the end!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next