Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)

Go down 
+57
Anne from Norway
Saien
Drakulka
Rakel
Wilorvise
sauroid
JonasV
Tarunyada
Dum_my
Phexedrine
Jetty
costicuba
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
Night Elf
Carola
koniminiatures
donny ong
sadie3112
sortepletter
scot(t)
blackdanter
Niki2811
75senta75
Tylosaurus
Florian
arafan
TheLastStardust
Fisva
SpiralStrix
ulinuk
Tove
Arnaud
boba_jagoda
NandO
NightLioness
A-J
animalluvr6
trevok4
landrover
LeeAnn
ReinbowSchleich
Katty
AlopexLagopus
Cyhyraeth
MartinH
HKHollinstone
Saarlooswolfhound
aandmkw
krista
Bloodrayne
bojan
Elros Alvar
widukind
Kikimalou
Roger
Ana
SUSANNE
61 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 11:29 am

Congrats on all new animals, and halter. Vixom looks indeed more bad-ass now <3

Phexedrine

Country/State : France

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:52 am

Congrats on your new additions ! I see that Don't Look Twice has subtle rabicano markings, how nice !

sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 4:05 pm

gorgeous horse and snow leopard! Applause
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 7:36 am

SUSANNE wrote:
Carola, I drool so much over your fantastic photos, I will soon have to mop the floor tongue cheers

You got some true beautyful models there, and it is like seing them here in front of me Applause Applause

Thank you very much Susanne Very Happy Hope you managed the flood Laughing

Dum_my wrote:
That leopard is a real diamond ^^
Great additions...
Wannever i see more model that i would have and debade reather i should ore shouldn't have them i alway think .. why bot both?>  I have got a rule!
If i can buy i twice ( with the money i have at that moment) its mine  Twisted Evil

But beautifull choice i think its a stunning model with nice expression
That halter is very well made ! Applause

That's almost my rule, in some way, too Very Happy I had only money for one model at that time. and sometimes I suppose it is good to have some limitations.
At least it is for me, or I'd drown in models. Its good for me to have a bit of a tight budget, then I only get those I really want Very Happy

Roger wrote:
Carola, the STS figure of the year doesn't look a big thing in your first picture! Laughing
But, when we scrol and see it more and more, it starts revealing its qualities.
Congratulations for all your new additions and thanks for sharing! Very Happy

Hehe, yes, compared to Don't Look Twice and the other Breyers the Snow Leopard is like a housekitten Laughing

Ana wrote:
Beautiful newcomers Carola! Oh, I really need that Snow Leopard I love you Congratulations!!!

I will recommend her Very Happy (I believe it is a lady Rolling Eyes )

widukind wrote:
Nice additions again Carola :)

Thank you Andreas cheers

NightLioness wrote:
Congrats on all new animals, and halter. Vixom looks indeed more bad-ass now <3

Chains and buckles for the win Wink

Phexedrine wrote:
Congrats on your new additions ! I see that Don't Look Twice has subtle rabicano markings, how nice !

Yes, it is a neat detail Very Happy - And new for Breyers I believe. at leats I have not seen it before.

sauroid wrote:
gorgeous horse and snow leopard! Applause

Thank you Sauroid sunny

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 9:22 am

Don't Look Twice looks just stunning. So detailed beautiful color with those eyes! cheers Big congrats on them both! :)

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 9:34 am

two big and stunning newcomers, the good size is when your feet touch the ground cheers
Back to top Go down
Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 6:32 pm

Thank you very much Jonas & Christophe cheers

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: New Breyers - GG Valentine and Heartbreaker   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 9:27 pm

Hi all cheers

I got two new Breyers bounce GG Valentine and Heartbreaker in glossy versions (for each set of 6 matte there is one set of glossed versions).
They are sculpted by Brigitte Eberl and was released in 2010, so they have been around for quite a while, escaping retirement, but I believe that is because they are good sellers.
As far as my observations go, a regular run Breyer is in production for like 2-3 years before it is retired.

Anyway! Some photos Very Happy
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I took me forever to decide if I wanted these or not.
They always looked kind of 'bland' everytime I saw photos of them. But perhaps that is because they are so well done realistic sculpts, that they look "boring" compared to most other rather flashy Breyers.

But they are far from boring in person I love you I got a thing for gloss, so I got the glossy versions. And they are amazing!
Actually their gloss seems much thicker and is much more even (and without lint) than on my Peter Stone ISH, who is also glossy.

I think Breyer made one of their best decisions that day they introduced Brigitte Eberl to contribute to the Breyer mold lines. Heartbreaker is my second Traditional foal. Here he is with the Clydesdale foal from the Mare and Foal set.

I think maybe the Giselle mold is one of Breyer's all time best molds regarding conformation and anatomy. Here Valentine is compared to Harley D Zip (the Latigo mold) sculpted by Sommer Prosser.

Very interesting how different they are even though they have quite similar paintjobs. Valentine makes my other Breyers look like cartoons! Of course I think the glossy finish on Valentine makes her look quite 'exclusive' and highlights her shape even more, than if she had been the matte version.

What I love about Breyer is their diversity Very Happy Here Valentine compares to the 2013 Appaloosa Indian Pony (He is one of my favorites I love you ).

Thank you for viewing cheers

(I'm still in the thoughts of getting Glitterati... if Breyer does gloss this great as a standard, he (or is it she?) will be amazing in person I imagine bounce )

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 10:10 pm

I just love Brigette's work I love you I don't think there's a piece of hers I don't like. Very Happy Congratulations!

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 9:33 am

Nice new horses Carola,  congratulations!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 9:56 am

They are amazing! Some of the very best Breyers, that's sure! cheers Beautiful addition to your collection, congratulations! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Night Elf

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 10:39 am

Beautiful! Congrats! Smile  cheers

Bay is such a lovely color, especially when done right like these guys. I especially like your Harley D... I love you

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 11:26 am

They are STUNNING affraid

Perhaps the best Breyers I have ever seen , - yes ! Birgitte Eberl is an amazing horse sculpturer !
Like all really, really great artists she makes it look easy Very Happy

Breyer is nice, but most of them have someting off, esp in the way the eyes are placed, un-realistic muscles etc... these are to right on spot cheers

Congratulations , Carola, and thankyou for alway great photos Applause sunny

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2015 3:49 pm

Wonderful! Congratulations, Carola! cheers

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 12:49 pm

Shocked cheers They're a stunning pair! Thanks for high-quality comparison photos Very Happy cheers

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:18 pm

Mother and foal, a real spring pair Very Happy I love the pose of the two, happy pair :3

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 3:07 pm

Regarding GG Valentine and Heartbreaker I also reviewed them with lots more photos on LeeAnn's blog right HERE Very Happy

LeeAnn wrote:
I just love Brigette's work I love you I don't think there's a piece of hers I don't like. Very Happy Congratulations!

Thank you, and I agree Very Happy I just want an eberl draft now!

widukind wrote:
Nice new horses Carola,  congratulations!

Thank you sunny

Ana wrote:
They are amazing! Some of the very best Breyers, that's sure! cheers Beautiful addition to your collection, congratulations! cheers

Thank you very much cheers

Night Elf wrote:
Beautiful! Congrats! Smile  cheers

Bay is such a lovely color, especially when done right like these guys. I especially like your Harley D... I love you

Thank you Very Happy Harley is one of the neatest bays I've yet encountered Very Happy And he is "just" a regular run.

SUSANNE wrote:
They are STUNNING affraid

Perhaps the best Breyers I have ever seen , - yes ! Birgitte Eberl is an amazing horse sculpturer !
Like all really, really great artists she makes it look easy Very Happy

Breyer is nice, but most of them have someting off, esp in the way the eyes are placed, un-realistic muscles etc... these are to right on spot cheers

Congratulations , Carola, and thankyou for alway great photos Applause sunny

Thank you very much Very Happy Very Happy Some Breyer molds are quite creative I agree Rolling Eyes But I think it is nice that Breyer has such variety.

Tarunyada wrote:
Wonderful! Congratulations, Carola! cheers

Thank you cheers

JonasV wrote:
Shocked cheers They're a stunning pair! Thanks for high-quality comparison photos Very Happy cheers

Thanks a lot sunny

NightLioness wrote:
Mother and foal, a real spring pair Very Happy I love the pose of the two, happy pair :3

They are indeed a 'spring pair' cheers

Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 9:37 am

Beautifull again!
Wow that gloss shines so bright ! gorgeous!

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 12:18 pm

Dum_my wrote:
Beautifull again!
Wow that gloss shines so bright ! gorgeous!

Thank you Very Happy Love gloss drunken

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: New Breyers and Schleich Friesian :-)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 1:05 pm

Hi all cheers

Some new additions arrived Very Happy

Breyer Lil Ricky Rocker Appaloosa Champion Very Happy
He's a 2012 release, but this particular model was produced in November 2014. He's on the Zippo Pine Bar mold, sculpted by Sommer Prosser in 1999 - so he is one of her older molds.

I got a thing for Appaloosas, so that is why I got him. He does have many factory flaws and he's not Live Show Quality at all. Not only does he have many smudges around the spots, he does also have lint and marks of various types many places. It seems like the Breyers produced lately - late 2014 - 2015 are having plenty of factory bloopers - if I compare them to the ones I've got that are produced mid 2014 and before.

He is cute, and he does look very neat on the shelf Very Happy

Then I got Breyer's 65th Anniversary Edition Glitterati Very Happy On the Western Horse mold - it was Breyer's very first mold from 1950 by Chris Hess.
LeeAnn already made a great walkaround of this model [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Very Happy

Glitterati is a girl it seems Very Happy I always thought it was a guy, but it is not Rolling Eyes
And she is very beautiful. Great paintjob design. The mold is old, but I think this release brings new life to her. I love also that the saddle is removable Very Happy

And my appaloosa herd Very Happy Look how tiny hooves Ricky Rocker has Rolling Eyes

And last is the 2015 Special Edition Friesian Stallion by Schleich Very Happy
The packaging does not say anything about him being a SE though.. I got mine from MPV.

I like very much the extras that come with him.. but the halter is way too small tongue

And in the box.

He is a very handsome model. He does suffer from the huge neck/head syndrome of the newer Schleich horses, but he doesn't have those huge ellipse shaped eyes, which is great and his face looks neat and balanced.

He's got a shiny coat and the mane and tail are matte. Mine is Made in Germany.

Compared to my other friesians - the old one - made in Germany and China, the White MPV SE and CollectA. The new one deosn't have the sunburnt undertones as the others. He is just pure black.

''Share?'

Thank you for looking sunny

SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 1:45 pm

All beautyful photos of beautyful horses cheers

Of course I love Lil Ricky Rocker with his "Spotty"-spots Very Happy
Glitterati is a serious charmer !!!!
And their eyes are painted, HURRAAYYY cheers

Your photos are gorgeous as always Applause

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 2:23 pm

You fell for Glitterati! cheers

Haha, he's supposed to be male but back when Breyer started making horses for the first time, mothers were outraged about male horse ... uh... parts - on their kids' toys. So the parts became "lumps" on the stallions, and the molds wore enough over the years that new releases look more like mares than before lol! Though now obviously this isn't a problem anymore, except some collectors are adamant about getting new mares Rolling Eyes

I love Lil Ricky Rocker - I've seen him in so many stores but never did get him. Maybe someday. He's a cute little guy and I don't have any Zippos yet!

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 7:50 pm

Congrats, Carola!
Got mine Friesian yesterday — can't put him to the shelf, he stays near my notebook XD I can't stop looking at this guy.

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Night Elf

Night Elf

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 8:28 pm

Congrats!  cheers

I love your new Friesian and it's wonderful to see him in comparison to the others.  Very Happy

I think Ricky Rocker is a neat model. My brother bought me one for my birthday last year, and I got to see the real Ricky Rocker at Breyerfest. I think the Zippo Pine Bar mold was a great choice for him. Breyer has come a long way with appaloosas! Applause

widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 9:49 pm

A lot of nice new horses!!

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)   Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer) - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Carola's Additions :-) (Last update April 11th 2016 - DAH, OOAK, CollectA & Breyer)
Page 22 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next