Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?

Go down 
+24
bmathison1972
Bowhead Whale
GudrunOrca
Komodo Dragon
costicuba
SUSANNE
sbell
Roger
widukind
Tarunyada
Ana
jesman00
SommoDracorex
phrog
Kikimalou
somethin
QuollMate
Duck-Anch-Amun
Mastiffcat
weaselfan93
Froggie
cattlecollector
Sapphire
PeGe
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
GudrunOrca

GudrunOrca

Country/State : Netherlands

K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:11 pm

The zoo in Amsterdam had a Wild Republic-branded gift shop in the early 2000's. I remember vividly buying a 6-8 inches long flexible killer whale (made of silicone?) at a satellite gift shop in the zoo's aquarium. I absolutely loved it, because it was so well-proportioned and painted. I played with it so much, the paint on the head and belly partially rubbed off and revealed its dull, grey base color.
Also: I have bought a Whales & Dolphins Toob at a gift shop at the French Marineland in Antibes.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is, that there may very well also be Europeans who own K&M figurines!
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 6:16 pm

It is a commersons dolphin :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 7:06 pm

GudrunOrca wrote:
The zoo in Amsterdam had a Wild Republic-branded gift shop in the early 2000's. I remember vividly buying a 6-8 inches long flexible killer whale (made of silicone?) at a satellite gift shop in the zoo's aquarium. I absolutely loved it, because it was so well-proportioned and painted. I played with it so much, the paint on the head and belly partially rubbed off and revealed its dull, grey base color.
Also: I have bought a Whales & Dolphins Toob at a gift shop at the French Marineland in Antibes.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is, that there may very well also be Europeans who own K&M figurines!

That's interesting and give a new hope to European collectors! Thanks! Very Happy

widukind wrote:
It is a commersons dolphin :)

Yes, Andreas, you solved the mistery, now this topic needs to find a new life. Laughing cheers

Bowhead Whale

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2016 11:20 pm

About the pronghorn question "why is it included in the Endangered Species set while it's not in danger in the USA":the pronghorn is vulnerable here in Canada. The canadian Prairies animals have not much land left to live with all our wheat fields.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 10:38 am

European animals (item 63193) from 1998 with squirrel, rabbit, chamoise, fallow deer, red kite, bat, bear, red fox, wild boar, otter ,bagder and wild cat

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 4:37 pm

widukind wrote:
European animals (item 63193) from 1998 with squirrel, rabbit, chamoise, fallow deer, red kite, bat, bear, red fox, wild boar, otter ,bagder and wild cat

Thanks Andreas, we missed the number, year and the list was not complete once red kite and bear were missing. Thanks! Very Happy
As the year is the same, I suspect the red fox is the exact same we can see on North American tube. If you got the tube and consider trading the fox, please consider trading it with me as long as it is different from NA tube. Wink
Also, I'll ask Sean to see if he has pics of red kite and bear to complete the gallery on TAI. Otherwise, we'll need pics from you. Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 6:28 pm

Unfortunately, those are the only 2 I do not have photos of--I must have traded them away over 10 years ago (I didn't even have them listed, so it was before I had a database!).

And the 2 red foxes are different. The European tube one is a little smaller than the North American one (again, that NA one is long gone).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And the Rocky Mountain one has more colour.

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
http://faunafigures.com/
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 6:48 pm

Roger wrote:
widukind wrote:

Thanks Andreas, we missed the number, year and the list was not complete once red kite and bear were missing. Thanks! Very Happy
As the year is the same, I suspect the red fox is the exact same we can see on North American tube. If you got the tube and consider trading the fox, please consider trading it with me as long as it is different from NA tube. Wink
Also, I'll ask Sean to see if he has pics of red kite and bear to complete the gallery on TAI. Otherwise, we'll need pics from you. Very Happy

I have this tube now and so the bear and the red kite too. It is a unknown fox figurine inside :)

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 12:12 am

sbell wrote:
Unfortunately, those are the only 2 I do not have photos of--I must have traded them away over 10 years ago (I didn't even have them listed, so it was before I had a database!).
And the 2 red foxes are different. The European tube one is a little smaller than the North American one (again, that NA one is long gone).
And the Rocky Mountain one has more colour.

Thanks Sean, I will remember that the European is slightly different from the North American you can see below in my collection.
... and it seems I missed something, the Rocky Mountain? I have what I think it is the same fox but it is as an undetermined bulk. Is the Rocky Mountain a bulk of 6 figures? What do you know about it? bounce

widukind wrote:
I have this tube now and so the bear and the red kite too. It is a unknown fox figurine inside :)

I am eager to see the bear and the red kite! bounce You are a fabulous hunter even for rare tubes without new species for your Zoo. Very Happy
Unknown fox? Are you kidding? Don't you know it is dangerous to have unknown foxes at home? Mainly when you are a dedicated Father? Wink Pics! bounce Very Happy

By the way, those are my K&M foxes, two first were gifts from Beatrice [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], naturally! Laughing

K&M Red Fox
North American Nature Tube
Released: 1998

K&M Red Fox
Undetermined bulk
Released: 1998

K&M Red Fox
European Garden Nature Tube
Released: 2006

sbell

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 12:32 am

Your unknown is the Rocky Mountain bulk set. And I could be wrong re: the European red fox--it could be the North American toob one; but by the time I was creating a database, I only had the one. It is not, however, marked with a date, just

RED FOX
CHINA C
K&M INT

Soon, however, these will be someone else's to deal with! But I'll still have the photos...! Wink

I'm also a big freshwater fish-figure fan. Know of anything new and exciting? I need to know as well!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 2:46 am

sbell wrote:
Your unknown is the Rocky Mountain bulk set. And I could be wrong re: the European red fox--it could be the North American toob one; but by the time I was creating a database, I only had the one. It is not, however, marked with a date, just

RED FOX
CHINA C
K&M INT

Soon, however, these will be someone else's to deal with! But I'll still have the photos...! Wink

Oh, now I remember the speculation around both North American bulks. The Rocky Mountain bulk is probably this one.
We know a picture of it from WR 2004 catalogue where it is called North American bulk and it has a whit-tail instead of a fox. As the same white-tail belongs to the 1997 North America bulk that we also know from an official picture, we suspect the white-tail doesn't belong to the 1998 bulk and that it may be a catalogue mistake. Nobody have that figure to check what is marked, it could help indeed. If the conspiration is correct and number 5 of 1998 bulk is left, it could easily be the bulk fox instead.
About the North American/European tube fox, I checked mine and it is marked like yours. Only Andreas can put it clearer now and if the future owner of your treasure chest of bulk creatures is the person I suspect, I am sure we will enrich a little more K&M section on TAI. Very Happy bounce

sbell

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2016 3:26 am

I don't even know that North American set! My raccoon looks different.

But I know for certain, I bought the fox from a bin that also had the grizzly, bighorn and cougar. And nothing else.

Except the sea lion from the American sea life set.

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 12:57 am

sbell wrote:

But I know for certain, I bought the fox from a bin that also had the grizzly, bighorn and cougar. And nothing else.

I admire your memory! K&M released several sets, tubes, bins, most during the same year and exploring the same concepts with similar figures. Really hard to tell what is what. We compiled already a lot of information on Toy Animal Wiki getting information from several collectors and I really hope we'll be able of listing almost everything that is relevant. Almost 40 tubes and 15 bulks are complete or close to it. How I wished a 1998, 199 or 2000 Wild Republic catalogue. Very Happy

sbell

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 1:19 am

Roger wrote:
sbell wrote:

But I know for certain, I bought the fox from a bin that also had the grizzly, bighorn and cougar.  And nothing else.

I admire your memory! K&M released several sets, tubes, bins, most during the same year and exploring the same concepts with similar figures. Really hard to tell what is what. We compiled already a lot of information on Toy Animal Wiki getting information from several collectors and I really hope we'll be able of listing almost everything that is relevant. Almost 40 tubes and 15 bulks are complete or close to it. How I wished a 1998, 199 or 2000 Wild Republic catalogue. Very Happy

It's a funny thing--I can almost remember when or how I got almost anything in my collection. Almost.

But, yeah, an old catalog would be really helpful.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 6:34 pm

new whales tube(beluga whale, blue whale, sperm whale, orca, narwhal, humpback whale, spotted dolphin, common dolphin, Atlantic dolphin, dusky dolphin, and bottlenose dolphin)

new penguin tube (Yellow-eyed, Erect-crested, Macaroni, Humboldt, Emperor, Gentoo, Chinstrap, Rockhopper, King, Adelie, and Little Penguin)

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2018 7:58 pm

I...mostly like that diver figure. They're handy for photo shoots!

Back to top Go down
Duck-Anch-Amun

Country/State : Luxembourg

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2018 6:19 pm

widukind wrote:
new whales tube(beluga whale, blue whale, sperm whale, orca, narwhal, humpback whale, spotted dolphin, common dolphin, Atlantic dolphin, dusky dolphin, and bottlenose dolphin)

new penguin tube (Yellow-eyed, Erect-crested, Macaroni, Humboldt, Emperor, Gentoo, Chinstrap, Rockhopper, King, Adelie, and Little Penguin)

Ok how could I miss those penguins? Never saw them before :O So some of them are joining my searchlist, thanks andreas. Could you identifie the species from left to right?
Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 4:41 am

widukind wrote:
A pic from the garden tube (without the turtle)- some animals are in a double

I should point out, this is the 'European Garden Tube'. There is an American Garden Tube, and I know the insects are different (although I don't have them yet). In the American Tube, there is a lady bug, and the butterfly is a monarch. Can't remember what else is different.

By the way that is a beaver, not a ground hog, in the Canadian wildlife set (didn't see that correction anywhere).
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 3:57 pm

[quote="bmathison1972"]
widukind wrote:

I should point out, this is the 'European Garden Tube'. There is an American Garden Tube, and I know the insects are different (although I don't have them yet). In the American Tube, there is a lady bug, and the butterfly is a monarch. Can't remember what else is different.

By the way that is a beaver, not a ground hog, in the Canadian wildlife set (didn't see that correction anywhere).

The American Garden tube can be seen on TAI although it is not complete and also not based in any official promotional stuff or product (Beatrice's pics) Wink
About the Canadian tube, it is complete on TAI (Sean's pics) and there is a beaver and a groundhog or do you mean the standing one is also a beaver?

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 6:13 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

I had forgotten to wrote also the beaver but groundhog is the figure between this beaver and the wolf :)

About the American garden tube, do you have it or know where to find? I am very interest in a few of the figures.

Back to top Go down
bmathison1972

bmathison1972

Country/State : Salt Lake City, UT

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 6:29 pm

widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

I had forgotten to wrote also the beaver but groundhog is the figure between this beaver and the wolf :)

About the American garden tube, do you have it or know where to find? I am very interest in a few of the figures.

I have never seen the American Garden Tube, but I want the insects in it. If I find it, I will give you the non-insects in it!

Sorry I missed the 'ground hog' but now that I see it, it looks more like a prairie dog ;-)
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 7:11 pm

bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:
bmathison1972 wrote:
widukind wrote:

I have never seen the American Garden Tube, but I want the insects in it. If I find it, I will give you the non-insects in it!

Sorry I missed the 'ground hog' but now that I see it, it looks more like a prairie dog ;-)

No problem, and great. These non-insect figures are on my wishlist :)

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptySun May 05, 2019 2:15 pm

K&M small snake bucket (with a sticker K&M BFL-2018 Shantou Lot No: K2 - made in china)- red snake is 2 times inside, with accessoires

K&M small shark bucket (with a sticker K&M BFL-2018 Shantou Lot No: L2 - made in china)- each shark 2 times with accessoires

K&M large Australia bucket (with a sticker K&M BFL-2018 Shantou Lot No: K2 - made in china)- yes same no

Back to top Go down
sbell

sbell

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2019 7:02 am

I recognize those shark sculpts--they are the same as in the Walmart Shark Week sets. Specifically, these are the smallest figures!

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 EmptyFri May 10, 2019 9:27 am

sbell wrote:
I recognize those shark sculpts--they are the same as in the Walmart Shark Week sets. Specifically, these are the smallest figures!

One producer from China, so one product some brand. Also successful in the past :)

Last edited by widukind on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?   K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

K&M: listing of sets and animals (and scientific names?) ?
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next