Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?

Go down 
+17
LeeAnn
75senta75
schleich61
Bernyto
jarda
PeGe
skysthelimit
SommoDracorex
tyrantqueen
Admin
robertelephant
WILLYBACOMAN
Kikimalou
Philter4
SUSANNE
HKHollinstone
Roger
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

Country/State : England, UK

YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:11 pm

Quote :
Hi TQ(sorry, we are used to put our own name under out treads around here).

AAA is to be found everywhere to my surprise, you would be wondered how many of them you can find in the UK to, just visit flea-markets and carboot sales and so on, you will find some of them...
I do have the gurdletail lizard from this series thanks to Rogerio.
Some of the AAA/Yolanda models are great, others are just to playfull, or even arkward.
I have many AAA's in my collection(link under my treads).
Thanks for the reply. I actually am very familiar with AAA (if you see my collection thread you would know I love to collect their reptiles in particular) but I have never seen the Anole Lizard or the Girdle Tail anywhere for sale on the web or anywhere else. AAA cast reptiles are very rare anyway.
I really am interested in a getting those two, I think they would be a good addition to my reptile family :)
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:47 pm

Roger wrote:
Interesting that this topic was brought back! Very Happy
I remember seeing some of these figures in local shops. I am not a big enthusiast of them but I'll let you know if I find anything more. Some of the shops selling Yolanda with Schleich are already closed but I suspect I still know one in Lisbon selling them.

Wildebeest wildebeest wildebeest bounce bounce bounce Laughing
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

Country/State : Zwolle, The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:29 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Roger wrote:
Interesting that this topic was brought back! Very Happy
I remember seeing some of these figures in local shops. I am not a big enthusiast of them but I'll let you know if I find anything more. Some of the shops selling Yolanda with Schleich are already closed but I suspect I still know one in Lisbon selling them.

Wildebeest wildebeest wildebeest bounce bounce bounce Laughing

Grey gnu, grey gnu, grey gnu, grey gnu! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce geek

SommoDracorex

Country/State : Italia

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Is this a Yolanda/AAA figure? What a Face
Just bought it online, I am waiting to receive it... bounce
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:53 pm

I also found this...

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:45 am

SommoDracorex wrote:

Acoording with the source where you've found them - H&H Winners's Circle -, they are AAA. I can recognize some of other figures and both monkey and sloth have a marked AAA style. Very Happy
They also have in stock the female gnu and it is very cheap! Shocked

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:55 am

Wow, and just look at that Wood duck cheers

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:00 am

So the next question is "How to buy those beauties without paying $50 of shipping cost to Europe scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
PeGe

PeGe

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 9:34 am

to make it easy: i need the smaller lizards! If someone can help me, i'd be very happy!
Roger maybe? Very Happy
For the species:
I don't think it's a C.cataphractus, the scales of this species look wy wor armoured than this one here.
I think it's a C.tropidosternum, as AAA casts dead specimens of often imported speciies, if they're not asians and regularly found on "medical","traditional" or even food markets,....
I first thought of a Elgaria speices according to the head in the catalaogue.

Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:36 pm

I was expecting to visit the only shop I knew selling Yolanda figures but as it was not possible I called the shopping center where it was and unfortunately all shops of these group are closed. Incredible how such in a short time half the local thoy shops I knew disappeared, curiously all of them carried all Schleich range too. I am talking about what was the biggest Portuguese network of toy shops. It is Portugal at this moment. Sad
So, unfortunately, I can't help with these figures, not even myself once I am also interested in 2 ducks. Sad
It looks HH Winners' Circle is the only chance. I hope we can find a way. Very Happy

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:18 pm

I am also interested in 4 figures, so if we can find any way (any US member)... question
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:40 pm

Yes please cheers USA to the rescue bounce
Back to top Go down
Bernyto

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:30 pm

SommoDracorex wrote:
Is this a Yolanda/AAA figure? What a Face
Just bought it online, I am waiting to receive it... bounce

Where can i buy this one Sommo? Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
SommoDracorex

SommoDracorex

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:19 pm

I had some problems with the order... it's been a long time but they haven't yet sent me the mail with payment instructions. No
I think I need someone's help, too. bounce

Bernyto

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 10:04 pm

maybe I can get the gnu in a local store, but I have to confirm this as it does not have many units.
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:50 am

Bernyto wrote:
maybe I can get the gnu in a local store, but I have to confirm this as it does not have many units.

It would be great cheers I want oooooone bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:27 pm

Me to! cheers bounce bounce bounce

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Today I went to the store and unfortunately because I could not get one for you, the shop owner told me that they were ancient figures and can not order them again, sorry!
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 11:46 pm

Thanks Bernito! Very Happy
Our only hope at the moment is HH Winners' Circle! Very Happy

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:14 am

Hello all. Today I received a PM requesting assistance with an order for these AAA figurines. Before anyone else goes to the trouble of sending requests to me, here is my answer to that PM:

"Hello:

I am extremely reluctant to do business with H & H, as a result of my attempts to assist Daria in recovering
the significant amount of money she spent with them on rare Breyers. The package never arrived in
Moscow, and H & H simply refused to respond to any requests for information. I think that is frankly
despicable behavior. As a result, I'm not willing to transact with them.

Sorry to let you down, but there are significant problems with package delivery to many countries, and I
do not wish to be caught in the middle of a big dispute between STS members and H & H if the package
containing everyone's orders is lost.

Best regards,

Phil Geertsma"

Sorry to be a "wet blanket" especially as I would really like some of these figurines for myself, but my
history with H & H, the seller of the very first retired Schleich figurine I purchased to literally start my
collection, is over. I'm just upset that I was unable to provide needed assistance to Daria. I would
encourage all of you from EU and other international locales to think twice about transacting with them.

Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
WILLYBACOMAN

WILLYBACOMAN

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 3:40 am

I still have a package for Daria here to, it came back to me, as they couldn't deliver to her as it seems... Shocked
I don't know what to do, i think she must have the package, it was a trade... Rolling Eyes

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 9:08 am

Thankyou, Phil, great to know Rolling Eyes

jarda

jarda

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:40 pm

schleich61 wrote:
...I would encourage all of you from EU and other international locales to think twice about transacting with them.

Although AAA is not my favorite brand, I like some ducks made by AAA. So I ordered at H&H regardless Phill bad experience. I can confirm quick response and good feedback from the seller. I used virtual CA address, the package was delivered in 4 days.

6/4 Edit: 19 days was the delay between the order and final delivery to my hands (I used the cheapest but slow shipping US-CZ option).

Last edited by jarda on Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
skysthelimit

skysthelimit

Country/State : Serbia

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 6:46 pm

They delivered in Europe?

jarda

jarda

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 7:04 pm

skysthelimit wrote:
They delivered in Europe?

No, I used virtual CA address. Because of some problems with the international packages in the past H&H unfortunately do not ship worldwide.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?   YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

YOLANDA ! Is it a new brand? And what species is it?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next