Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!

Go down 
+32
Songbird
NightLioness
Anne from Norway
Bongo
Tupolew Tu-154
*Valencia Stables*
Midnight wolf stables
Kikimalou
Bonobo
JonasV
Elros Alvar
sortepletter
ulinuk
GalaxyMeow
Shardur
Numa
Titwen
schleich61
Takama
Saarlooswolfhound
Silver Unicornis
LeeAnn
SyLoBe
Katty
AlienMantis
Ponylover2606
Carola
Sumo
Roger
SUSANNE
widukind
TheSpottedCat
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 6:15 pm

Carola wrote:
Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
Carola wrote:
Mangalarga wrote:
It could be also that their sculptor(s?) aren't capable of creating more interesting poses :PAfter all, majority of Schleich horses is just standing.
The Lusitano is a good example of the opposite...
And 13216 fullblood! I love you He's running so fast he succeeds in racing right past me every time I try to catch him. No 
Oh he yes absolutely Very Happy (Not in my collection though, so i didn't think of that model).
Not in mine either! Sad 

Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 8:07 pm

Roger wrote:
These two are hardly the same mould. It is possible to reduce the size and also the pose but it would be too workful. To me, they only share the same sculpting style. Very Happy
They also share almost the same availability period in catalogue what corroborates with that idea. :)
Interesting, is that you were able of photographing this camargue mare in a way that she looks another princess. flowerVery Happy

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Roger wrote:

Interesting, is that you were able of photographing this camargue mare in a way that she looks another princess. flowerVery Happy
Thank you queen This Camargue, she sure has something special. The stallions in my cabinet fall over, as she throws her glance at them Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.carolafunder.dk
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 26, 2013 7:05 pm

Carola wrote:
Roger wrote:

Thank you queen This Camargue, she sure has something special. The stallions in my cabinet fall over, as she throws her glance at them Wink
Very Happy Surely she knows how to do it! Wink flower

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 10:55 pm

@ downscaling...
I guess they have some mechanism of doing it. Since "new" Parasaurolophus 14517 is just a smaller and repainted version of 16455. The same goes with new Spinosaurus 14521 compared to 16459 (oh..and new one has movable mandibles).

Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 2:23 pm

AlienMantis wrote:
@ downscaling...
I guess they have some mechanism of doing it. Since "new" Parasaurolophus 14517 is just a smaller and repainted version of 16455. The same goes with new Spinosaurus 14521 compared to 16459 (oh..and new one has movable mandibles).
Yes, I also suspect that they can do it. We can see also many Safari figures, sometimes in three different sizes. I really don't know if moulds are down sized or copied in smaller scale. scratch

AlienMantis

Country/State : Slovenia

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 4:59 pm

Exist any walkaraunds of Turag 70405, Sioux Chief on Horse 70300 and 70048 Queen on horse without people?

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 1:07 am

So all this talk recently about Schleich figures with reused and reconfigured molds, I was inspired to create this topic. Wink 

What I mean by "reused mold" and "reconfigured mold" is that the figure is released once, then after that figure's discontinuation, the mold is used again to produce a different figure. This can happen once, or more than once. Schleich seems to be fond of doing this, so let's see what all of the examples are!

Please post your comparison photos here of the reused/reconfigured mold figures. cheers

Here are mine:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You can see here that the knight-horse is slightly larger, and the two front legs are reversed. The head is also turned downward slightly, and the mane fuller, shorter, and flattened.

What do you have? bouncecheers

Last edited by Schleich_Figures_4U on Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

Country/State : USA

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:26 am

Interesting, some of those I never noticed before.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Takama

Takama

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 3:55 am

are those Zebra stripped animals official releases?

I seen them before, but I thought they were just custom painted

Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 4:05 am

They were a promotion for their 75th anniversary.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
schleich61

Country/State : Northern California, U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 4:41 am

I assume that most of these molds are not "reused" but rather "reconfigured" into new molds. With CAD type software, now quite prevalent, it would be much easier to do so, with the leg positions changed, the size of the model increased, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.schleichcollector.blogspot.com
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 8:04 am

Interesting:-)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 8:57 am

Great subject cheers 

There is also the western waggon, - the horses are standard models with another painting Very Happy 

Carola

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 11:21 am

Great thread and great photos 4U cheers 
There are ones I've never noticed before. Also indeed an official repaint can be considered reuse of a model. 

Here are some photos of those I've got. Camargue and ol' Haflinger.

Despite some reuse, they certainly are two very different (wonderful) ladies Wink 

Palomino and Knabstrupper.

Sweet guys!

Ol' Camargue and Przewalski. These have been up for discussion though.

And the obvious reuse of a popular model to make a popular colour variant Rolling Eyes Not ment negatively - I love this white friesian very much!

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 2:05 pm

Takama wrote:
are those Zebra stripped animals official releases?

I seen them before, but I thought they were just custom painted
Yes, there were codes inside the boxes for the zebra plane. You would enter the code on the site and they sent you a free limited edition zebra animal! cheers

schleich61 wrote:
I assume that most of these molds are not "reused" but rather "reconfigured" into new molds.  With CAD type software, now quite prevalent, it would be much easier to do so, with the leg positions changed, the size of the model increased, etc.
"Reconfigured" would be a good word to use here too. Thanks for your input - I'll add that into the title.

SUSANNE wrote:
Great subject cheers 

There is also the western waggon, - the horses are standard models with another painting Very Happy 
Unfortunately I don't have the wagon. Sad But thank you for mentioning that here! cheers

Carola, thank you for sharing your wonderful photos! Applause 

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Schleich_Figures_4U wrote:
Carola, thank you for sharing your wonderful photos! Applause 
Thank you cheers Anytime queen 

Titwen

Titwen

Country/State : Poland

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 10:11 pm

Here are some comparisons of different models of horses schleich: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :)
Excuse me, but unfortunately I can not insert images directly to the subject.
Back to top Go down
http://kolfiti.prv.pl
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 12:32 am

Although this subject was already discussed, I find this topic very interesting! Very Happy
We see repainted figures using the same mold, slightly updated moulds, clearly updated and some completely redesigned to a new mould but with a recognizable origin. cheers

Titwen wrote:
Here are some comparisons of different models of horses schleich: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] :)
Thanks for this link, it is brilliant, if you need some help posting pictures just pm me or any other :Dmoderator.

Carola

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 9:41 am

Titwen wrote:
Fantastic link, Titwen! There are so many! Well done cheers 

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 10, 2013 5:49 pm

I just wanted to link to this topic with wonderful photos relevant to this thread:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 1:44 am

Some others I can think of but which I do not have pictures of at the moment. If anyone has some then please post:

1. The Schleich Dromedary and the Discontinued Arabian Rider and Dromedary - these are very similar but still different too.

2. Wildlife wolf (non howling one) and the Gregis Wolf

3. Noctis panther and Leopard model

4. Apricum Stag and Schleich Red deer stag (non bellowing one)

5. Kenjok Crocodile and wildlife croc

6. Black panther cub (sold with book) and leopard cub.

7. Standing racoon and the Marween fairy racoon (miniaturised version)

8. Schleich white llama and llama horst

9. Old indian rhino model and the later revised version

10. Both Hyena models with subtle differences

11. Current african elephants and previous versions - virtually similar!

12. White and brown pelican variants

13. Current male moose and previous version are very similar

14. Current hippo and previous version are also similar.

Ok I am on a roll here and thinking off the top of my head!

Very Happy Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Shardur

Shardur

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 2:40 pm

There are the Morgan stallion and the old Pegasus, too:

Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:18 pm

Oh I never noticed that! Thanks for sharing! Very Happy

Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 3:48 pm

I never noticed that either, thanks for sharing!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!   Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's Gather Photos of "Reused/Reconfigured Mold" Schleich!
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next