Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you need to sand off paint?

Go down 
+2
christinavanderschouw
GalaxyMeow
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GalaxyMeow

GalaxyMeow

Country/State : Canada, Eh?

Do you need to sand off paint? Empty
PostSubject: Do you need to sand off paint?   Do you need to sand off paint? EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 6:56 pm

When customizing, do you need to sand off the paint or can you just add primer then paint? Thansk in advance :)

District 11 is back, for the better!
Back to top Go down
christinavanderschouw

christinavanderschouw

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Do you need to sand off paint?   Do you need to sand off paint? EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 7:52 pm

When I custumise a model I just primer it white, after that you can paint it every colour you want.

Do you need to sand off paint? 10_en_10   
Back to top Go down
GalaxyMeow

GalaxyMeow

PostSubject: Re: Do you need to sand off paint?   Do you need to sand off paint? EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Thank you :)

Back to top Go down
cattlecollector

Country/State : U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Do you need to sand off paint?   Do you need to sand off paint? EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 7:58 pm

Welcome here!  Very Happy Very Happy 

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it is going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming. (One of my favorite archery quotes)
Back to top Go down
ulinuk

ulinuk

Country/State : Czech republic

PostSubject: Re: Do you need to sand off paint?   Do you need to sand off paint? EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 7:59 pm

welcome!  Very Happy  Very Happy  Smile

http://mirukam.webnode.cz/
GalaxyMeow

GalaxyMeow

PostSubject: Re: Do you need to sand off paint?   Do you need to sand off paint? EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 8:56 pm

And should I spray all my stablemates with primer or one at a time?

Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Do you need to sand off paint?   Do you need to sand off paint? EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 9:39 pm

❤District11❤ wrote:
And should I spray all my stablemates with primer or one at a time?

It depends on how fast you can repaint the animals.
If you do all at once, the rest you don't paint have extra time to dry.
And it cost extra time if you just spray one and repaint it, and spray the next and repaint it.
But be careful if you do all at once, to don't become careless of the spray coat.

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Do you need to sand off paint?   Do you need to sand off paint? EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Welcome here!

It depends on what model you're using and the material as far as sanding goes. But never, ever use sandpaper to remove the paint. Use sandpaper to remove things or make sharp pieces smooth. On my custom German Wirehaired Pointer, I used sandpaper to sand off the extra belly hair. For Stablemates you'll want to strip the paint. Very Happy

GalaxyMeow

PostSubject: Re: Do you need to sand off paint?   Do you need to sand off paint? EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 4:32 pm

How do you strip paint? I didn't use primer on my first two breyers, first one I sanded paint off, and painted her, no primer. The paint stays on, the second one, I didn't sand off paint, no primer painted and it doesn't stay on at all (good thing I didn't like the paint) I'm washing him right now, most is coming off.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you need to sand off paint?   Do you need to sand off paint? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you need to sand off paint?
Page 1 of 1