Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino

Go down 
+28
Dum_my
MiniZoo
Tarunyada
lucky luke
donny ong
Saarlooswolfhound
Elephants Rule
arafan
Carola
ken yeo
PeGe
Numa
bjarki12
signatus
kudu11
Ana
Geospiza fortis
miniNature
littlebear
JonasV
Joan Milelire
LeeAnn
HKHollinstone
widukind
Florian
Kikimalou
Philter4
elephas_maximus
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 11:26 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
elephas_maximus wrote:

arafan wrote:
Hi Andrew, I'm also really sad to hear that, I was hoping to get one of these 1/20 elephants. Too bad to see that I'm too late. 
But I got a idea, there exist some online shops that print models. Would it may be possible to sell the plans and not the figure? scratch Or would be that to unsafe, because everyone can print as many as he want?
Hi Bryan, I would prefer not to have my original model design available for download, I like to keep control of that.  I originally uploaded my design to Shapeways and then models were printed on demand as customers ordered them.
In this way customers could order a plastic model but do not have access to the original 3D design, I retain that.

Very wise decision Andrew, even if we are all orphans now Wink  Why I haven't bought them at time? Crying or Very sad  crazy macaque!
I understand that, and also think that's a wise decison. I'm also asking me why I haven't buy them, but I still hope to see them somewhere in one day.

Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 1:52 am

Dear Andrew

I look forward to seeing progress on this however personally I much prefer to be able to purchase a ready prepared and painted complete model rather than a model in kits which one has to put together. I am not a fan of these at all but that is my own preference. There are sellers online that sell unpainted kit pieces to put together but I so prefer a complete painted version like the sculpts we purchase from Ana or Harriet or Joan.

Whatever you do I wish you luck but I sincerely hope you could look at a way of possibly having a mould taken and then produced by another company on your behalf which can then be sold as one solid unpainted figure to most people and perhaps a small selection of painted versions for someone like me Very Happy Very Happy

We are all waiting to get our hands on your models...and of course other avenues are being explored which I hope prove fruitful.

Many thanks
Back to top Go down
Geospiza fortis

Geospiza fortis

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2015 4:04 am

As you were considering printing a segmented model, I just wanted to point out that this has already been done:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/1649852/1-20-amargasaurus-body-kit-only.html?li=search-results-2&materialId=6
I thought it would help to post this for your reference if you haven't seen it already. I haven't seen a finished piece, however it was not taken down so it seems like it works.
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Geospiza fortis wrote:
As you were considering printing a segmented model, I just wanted to point out that this has already been done:
http://www.shapeways.com/model/1649852/1-20-amargasaurus-body-kit-only.html?li=search-results-2&materialId=6
I thought it would help to post this for your reference if you haven't seen it already. I haven't seen a finished piece, however it was not taken down so it seems like it works.

Yes, I saw this model months ago and was inspired by it for the model kit idea. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/redelephant
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:11 am

I have placed some models back in my shop, the adult elephants and Javan rhinos.  The prices are higher than what I would like to charge but I have no control over this due to the new pricing policies of Shapeways.
After looking at other 3D printing sites for better pricing I did not find cheaper alternatives.  The new pricing structure calculates how much space the models take up in the printer, as my figures are larger they cost more because of this.
Previously the price was calculated on how much plastic was used.

As I have had several request to sell the models I will make them available again for those who are interested.

Back to top Go down
Wilorvise

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:21 am

Yay!

Noémi

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:24 am

Fantastic news! Thank You very much! elephant
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:46 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers This is great news Very Happy

Have you worked on the zebra since?

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 4:32 am

Great news Andrew. I discovered it this morning on shapeways and I'm so happy. I won't be able to buy them very soon but I know I will find a way to catch some asap. drunken

I hope one day you will find enough time to make 1:32 ones Very Happy
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 11:53 am

Thanks Laura, and Noemi.
LeeAnn wrote:
cheers cheers cheers cheers This is great news Very Happy

Have you worked on the zebra since?

Sorry, haven't done any more with that model yet but I'll eventually get to it. I'll post photo updates when I do.

Kikimalou wrote:
Great news Andrew. I discovered it this morning on  shapeways and I'm so happy. I won't be able to buy them very soon but I know I will find a way to catch some asap. drunken

I hope one day you will find enough time to make 1:32 ones Very Happy

Maybe 1:32 in the future Smile
Back to top Go down
Noémi

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 5:36 pm

Will you finish the african elephants too in the future? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
elephas_maximus

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 2:13 pm

Noémi wrote:

Yes, I can put those up when they are complete.
Here is a work in progress photo.
New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 Forest10
Back to top Go down
Noémi

Noémi

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 4:58 pm

elephas_maximus wrote:
Noémi wrote:

Yes, I can put those up when they are complete.
Here is a work in progress photo.
New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 Forest10

Wow! cheers Fantastic! I can't wait them. By the way, you have a wonderful brown one too. I love him too. elephant It looks I will need lots of money in the future. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 6:45 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino   New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

New 3D models and shop: *New Bull Javan Rhino
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6