Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!

Go down 
+19
Taos
SUSANNE
Shardur
Wildheart
Lasersword1973
Yurumi
Sumo
diversity
Admin
remowshake
MartinH
baltimore zoo
ken yeo
Sergey
Roger
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
Kikimalou
Gabe
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 6:57 pm

CONGRATULATIONS, Taos cheers
Which one of the men is it ?
I think those stone age men from Papo are fabulous, - no sentimentality there, - they are hairy and have big, dirty feet, scowling faces rumpeled hair cheers

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 11:39 pm

Ah, that's very cheap! The smilodon is a very expensive figure here! Congratulations for such a bargain! :)

Taos

Country/State : W.Sussex,United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 2:37 pm

The Neanderthal that I got has a spear.Its really nice but the only odd thing is that the spearhead is blocking his face but I do agree with Susanne that they are good cavemen!! :)
Back to top Go down
ken yeo

ken yeo

Country/State : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:31 pm

Congrats Taylor! Looking for picture??

smilodoncalifornicus

Country/State : USA Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 4:52 pm

Roger wrote:
Dear friends!
We have another smilodon to discuss, and this one is really bear built!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi Roger
It sure is. I think its Morphology is very excellent overall. I'm a a big fan of this figurine.
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 5:05 pm

Gast wrote:
Hi all I am new to this forum, grew up obsessed with animals and now studying to be a vet. Love Papo as the sculptures are exquisite, being an artist I love the realism of the big cats and the papo wolf to name a few. However I must say I am disappointed with this Smilodon, so much potential when looking at the big cats from papo to make the ultimate smilodon replica, epic fail in my opinion. the Safari Smilodon outclasses this pit mix with blunt tusks for fangs

Wow, I completely agree with this, although the Smilodon figurines I would say outclass the Papo one even more would be Safari Missing Link, Carnegie , & Mojo ones.
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 3:43 am

HKHollinstone wrote:
I don't like the Papo smilodon, simply because it looks like a dog.  It doesn't look catlike at all in my eyes.

I completely agree with you. It's morphology is so wrong for a Smilodon. Mojo Smilodon is so superior in every way.
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Gabe wrote:
Actually, Roger, I don't see much scientific inaccuracies... Rolling Eyes

I decided I will get that bad boy along with other ice age mammals... Cool

When I look at the Papo Smilodon, I see all kinds of scientific inaccuracies.  I think it is WAY to slender in build, with incorrectly curved, blunt tusks for sabers and a head that to me looks even dog-like and not cat looking. Smilodon was very stocky up front with very heavy forelimbs as to wrestle large prey to the ground.  The Papo figure's front legs look like very skinny canine legs and not even as stocky as modern cats, let alone Smilodon.

Last edited by smilodoncalifornicus on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 5:51 pm

It is great to see my opinion being supported after all this time. This is an exciting action figure more to the Chap Mei side but as a paleo design it is a complete failure. cat

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 6:23 pm

Roger wrote:
It is great to see my opinion being supported after all this time. This is an exciting action figure more to the Chap Mei side but as a paleo design it is a complete failure. cat

Hi Roger
Im glad to support you on this.  I agree with you on the Smilodon.  Its morphology is very wrong.  I myself choose to collect Smilodon figures that are stocky built, like the Mojo, Carnegie & Missing link figures.

Last edited by smilodoncalifornicus on Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Roger your fox collection is just incredible...very interesting finds you have.  I love Papo's 2013 red fox release
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 12:30 am

smilodoncalifornicus wrote:
Roger your fox collection is just incredible...very interesting finds you have.  I love Papo's 2013 red fox release

Thanks! Very Happy Contrarily to what happens with the smilodon, the new Papo fox is quite good! Very Happy

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 1:30 am

Roger wrote:
smilodoncalifornicus wrote:

Thanks! Very Happy Contrarily to what happens with the smilodon, the new Papo fox is quite good! Very Happy

yes it is very good' quite impressive
Back to top Go down
smilodoncalifornicus

smilodoncalifornicus

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 3:57 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
I don't like the Papo smilodon, simply because it looks like a dog.  It doesn't look catlike at all in my eyes.

bingo...exactly right
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5