Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!

Go down 
+19
Taos
SUSANNE
Shardur
Wildheart
Lasersword1973
Yurumi
Sumo
diversity
Admin
remowshake
MartinH
baltimore zoo
ken yeo
Sergey
Roger
HKHollinstone
skysthelimit
Kikimalou
Gabe
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
diversity

diversity

Country/State : Germany

Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Sergey wrote:
... Laughing Smilodon by Safari and Schleich... Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ohh i love te SAFARI smilodon! though i haven't seen it for real until now, i really want to have this one!!! he looks so very lively!
most other smilodon look quite artificial in my opinion... but the new PAPO one is not bad, too. Wink
the SCHLEICH smilodon is for me a very bad copy from a scene from "Walking with Beasts" (BBC-documentation). they show a sabretooth in exactly the same position, but SCHLEICH didn't manage to make a good figure out of this good pose. in real this figure is much too dark and its back is to sloping... :/

so, i'm waiting for a good chance to get the great SAFARI smilodon, father of all smilodon-figures Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
remowshake

remowshake

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:19 pm

Yes, i agree with you.. On my opinion is better than Schleich :)

Sumo

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 2:29 pm

I just bought the Schleich, and boy is it fugly... I'm wondering if it might make an ok Thylacosmilus with a little customizing?
Back to top Go down
Yurumi

Yurumi

Country/State : Leipzig, GERMANY

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:23 pm

New Papo Smilodon great pictures:

Link of the Online shop (unfortunately in german language only):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It´s a wonderful model but with a big size of 16cm!!!
BG
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:42 pm

Wow, thanks for the bigger pics Ralf.
Considering it's a big cat - it looks more dog like to me.

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:38 pm

Gabe wrote:
This guy doesn't look so impressed with the smilodon's teeth... Rolling Eyes

This poor guy is blind Cool ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:45 pm

Yurumi wrote:
BG

I saw him at the shop a few days ago. Of course it is big but not so much when he is side by side with a PAPO lioness.
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

Country/State : NY

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:49 pm

HKHollinstone wrote:
Wow, thanks for the bigger pics Ralf.
Considering it's a big cat - it looks more dog like to me.

You're right Harriet, it looks more like a pitbull (spelling?) dog.

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:49 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Gabe wrote:
This guy doesn't look so impressed with the smilodon's teeth... Rolling Eyes

This poor guy is blind Cool ... Laughing

Haha! You are right kiki! Laughing Laughing

Sergey

Country/State : S. - Petersburg, Russia

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:01 am

Yurumi wrote:

Link of the Online shop (unfortunately in german language only):
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BG

...affraid affraid affraid I must have it! I,ll buy two at once! Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gabe

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:03 am

Dear Sergey,

Have you asked a permission from your herbivore figures to buy 2 smilodons?
They would veto this decision! affraid Laughing

Lasersword1973

Country/State : Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:57 am

Thank you guys for posting different Smilodon's photos.

But one thing for sure, the Papo's Smilodon makes me smile and I consider, is still the best for me. I will definitely get this once available.

lol!
Back to top Go down
baltimore zoo

PostSubject: Baltimore zoo   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:11 am

Just received the smilodon and young lioness today : )
Really like both figures! Impressed with the size of the smilodon(a little over 6 inches)!
The lioness looks like a playful adolescent! Overall, very pleased with the two!
However, if I had to change one thing about the smilodon, would be, just make the figure a little bulkier(heavier muscled).
The new young lioness fits in nicely with "King of the Jungle"(male) and two other adult lionesses!

Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Hi all I am new to this forum, grew up obsessed with animals and now studying to be a vet. Love Papo as the sculptures are exquisite, being an artist I love the realism of the big cats and the papo wolf to name a few. However I must say I am disappointed with this Smilodon, so much potential when looking at the big cats from papo to make the ultimate smilodon replica, epic fail in my opinion. the Safari Smilodon outclasses this pit mix with blunt tusks for fangs
Back to top Go down
HKHollinstone

HKHollinstone

Country/State : England, CUMBRIA

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 5:21 pm

donwrath wrote:
Hi all I am new to this forum, grew up obsessed with animals and now studying to be a vet. Love Papo as the sculptures are exquisite, being an artist I love the realism of the big cats and the papo wolf to name a few. However I must say I am disappointed with this Smilodon, so much potential when looking at the big cats from papo to make the ultimate smilodon replica, epic fail in my opinion. the Safari Smilodon outclasses this pit mix with blunt tusks for fangs
Welcome to the forum Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://hkhollinstone.weebly.com/
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 5:41 pm

I aggree with You Wrath, and welcome!
I think the same, very inaccurate, mad to be impressive and fruit of the imagination of a sculptor!
Anyway I need to see it in local shops to be absolutly sure of what I'm saying!
Papo is the best making big cats which doesn't means that all Papo big cats are the best!drunken
Back to top Go down
Wildheart

Wildheart

Country/State : Bucharest,Romania

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 5:47 pm

I don't like the new Smilodon.Why?
1)It is inacurate.
2)It's paintjob is very boring.
3)It does not have those great details papo dinos have.Instead it looks more like any dog from the farm series.
4)It is BIG!
5)It is expensive!
Sorry to disappoint some of you guys! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.mihneanicolae.com
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 12:07 am

Wildheart wrote:
1)It is inacurate.
3)It does not have those great details papo dinos have.Instead it looks more like any dog from the farm series.
4)It is BIG!
5)It is expensive!

... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ...Even in comparison with Schleich,s smilodon - model-misunderstanding?

Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 12:25 am

donwrath wrote:

...But you know better model? Maybe this?

...or this?

...or this?

...or this?

scratch scratch scratch Laughing Laughing Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sergey

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 12:41 am

Wildheart wrote:
1)It is inacurate.
4)It is BIG!
5)It is expensive!

Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 12:46 am

Sergey wrote:
Wildheart wrote:
1)It is inacurate.
4)It is BIG!
5)It is expensive!

... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ...Even in comparison with Schleich,s smilodon - model-misunderstanding?

No, no, no, Sergey!!! Compared with this prehistoric walrus, Papo smilodon is a masterpiece!Laughing
The Schleich model is from a creature that lived some millions before the modern walruses turned in sea animals!
I have the Schleich prehistoric series complete (except this figure)
And seriously, Sergey, those are collector oppinions, I was expecting a better figure, but it is completly your taste, I have some figures that I know that aren't accurate and I love them!
You have an impressive collection and this figure is impressive, too! And I love your collection... if I was that great collector from St. Petersbourg I surely will buy two figures!cheers

Gabe

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:18 am

I am with Sergey. This figure is a masterpiece!

Sergey

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 1:22 am

Roger wrote:

No, no, no, Sergey!!! Compared with this prehistoric walrus, Papo smilodon is a masterpiece!Laughing
The Schleich model is from a creature that lived some millions before the modern walruses turned in sea animals!
I have the Schleich prehistoric series complete (except this figure)
And seriously, Sergey, those are collector oppinions, I was expecting a better figure, but it is completly your taste, I have some figures that I know that aren't accurate and I love them!
You have an impressive collection and this figure is impressive, too! And I love your collection... if I was that great collector from St. Petersbourg I surely will buy two figures!cheers

Laughing Laughing Laughing Thank you Roger! Wink

Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:02 am

Sergey look at those pics of smilodon you posted, especially the first one, look at the muscle tone, the skull width, the panther like face, the dynamic pose. Papo had the capability to make an EXACT replica of those paintings/pictures, instead they chose to make a toy. If Schliech had made this smilodon it would be understandable, but from papo? Learn to demand more, because their big cats are perfection. look at the definition in their male tiger, compare it with a real tiger. Now compare their smilodon with an artists restoration. Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Gast

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:05 am

And yes I know a better model, Safari's!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!   Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Antecipation of PAPO Smilodon!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next