Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Colors of the different horse models schleich

Go down 
+5
Roger
JonasV
SUSANNE
LeeAnn
Dum_my
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dum_my

Dum_my

Country/State : Nederland

Colors of the different horse models schleich Empty
PostSubject: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Hello everybody,

I was wondering, what horse colour do you think one of the mojar brand should bring out?
Ore what horse colour do you think is best right now?
I have counted al the schleich colours and this was what came out of the counting:
22 multi-coloured (most brown white)
9 appaloosa (most spotted leopard and blanket)
36 Brown horses
28 white ore grey ones
18 black horses
19 palomino ore isabel
8 chestnut
2 roan
4 dark chestnut light manes (dont know the real name sorry)
5 brunblakk (bruinvaal)
5 buckskin

And some of them i can't indentify
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I just would really want to see some weird clours like more roan, duns and maybe some sabino pinto ore even a pintaloosa!!! What do you think? Not like the new serie's guessing game, but more like what do you like? And maybe with some own repaint  Cool 
Back to top Go down
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 4:55 pm

Honestly, I don't really care what colors Schleich might use in the future. Paint isn't going to cover up a horrible sculpt to start with, and if they bothered to try a new colorway they would screw it up anyway. :roll:I'll stick with Breyer and Peter Stone for more uncommon realistic colors. Especially PS - if I wanted a specific model in a specific color I can just order a DAH. As for CM colors on Schleichs, I have a soft spot for sabinos, and I love roans. Especially bay and strawberry roans. A perlino would be nice too. And maybe, if we're thinking decorator colors, then the rainbow color like the one Breyer LG 2001 BF SR: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 5:46 pm

I agree that it could be great with more unusual colours...blue dun, Silver dappeled ( one of the old Iceys is SD ) etc, but ONLY if they are realistic, as 4U says Wink

LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 5:53 pm

SUSANNE wrote:
I agree that it could be great with more unusual colours...blue dun, Silver dappeled ( one of the old Iceys is SD ) etc, but ONLY if they are realistic, as 4U says Wink

Glad to see I'm not the only one who feels this way.  cheers 

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 6:25 pm

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
And maybe, if we're thinking decorator colors, then the rainbow color like the one Breyer LG 2001 BF SR: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Laughing I would love to have a Schleich like that cheers cheers lol! 

Seriously, it would be nice to get some interesting colors, like Collecta have made...

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyTue Mar 04, 2014 7:20 pm

If you visit this table of Schleich horses, clicking on specific horse page, you'll find their equine colors.
You'll find some duns like naturally the przerwalski, fjords and also the Icelandic as Susanne said.
Although my first interest in a horse is how realistic the sculpt is, I think a big collection of horses like Schleich, should show a good diversity of colors, it turns the collection more atractive and also more educational. :)
I think that mixing all major brands, you'll find a lot of different equine colors, hard to find one missing, unless it is a very unusual one. Very Happy

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 6:16 am

Dark chestnut + light manes are flaxen ones :) (when manes are really light, mostly nearly white)

I´d like to see a good sabino or a good splasehd white, but looking at the tobianos... I think it´s a very difficult goal.

The horses of the pics are a dark grey (not a good one, but the mare is a Percheron, so grey is the only option) and pony I´d say it´s something like a black varnish.

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 6:44 am

SyLoBe wrote:
The horses of the pics are a dark grey (not a good one, but the mare is a Percheron, so grey is the only option)
Not only, Percherons are most often grey or black, but the breed standard accepts also chestnut, bay and roan - though the are very, very rare :)
I'd say the Percheron mare is black going grey (with sunbleached mane) and the Shetland pony is either smoky black or sunfaded black.

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
SyLoBe

SyLoBe

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:14 am

Didn´t know Percherons were also chestnut, bay and roan. I thought they were only black or grey. Thanks for the info :)

About the pony... I don´t really agree with you. The "white" areas are too white to be a sunfaded black (it turns a bit more reddish that the pony is), and irregular for a smoky black. Maybe he could be a varnish smoky black, as soon as the black is not a truly black here. Not roan, because the head is onvolved here and roan doesn´t affect head hairs (maybe the jaw, but not the muzzle and nose)

Visit my art gallery at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I accept commissions!
Back to top Go down
http://sylobe.deviantart.com
Dum_my

Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 11:36 am

I really like the little discussions that why i love this forum,
Maybe i can some of the colors in to my customs.
I Know more other brands are having more unusial colors.
But unfortunally i can't get all the brand in my country. Sad

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 6:02 am

SyLoBe wrote:
(...) The "white" areas are too white to be a sunfaded black (it turns a bit more reddish that the pony is), and irregular for a smoky black. Maybe he could be a varnish smoky black, as soon as the black is not a truly black here. Not roan, because the head is onvolved here and roan doesn´t affect head hairs (maybe the jaw, but not the muzzle and nose)

IMHO the pony looks like very dirty grey horse, maybe also the one that just started to getting grey (perhaps from black), of course in winter coat but above all-very dirty Laughing

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:35 am

Ana wrote:
SyLoBe wrote:
(...) The "white" areas are too white to be a sunfaded black (it turns a bit more reddish that the pony is), and irregular for a smoky black. Maybe he could be a varnish smoky black, as soon as the black is not a truly black here. Not roan, because the head is onvolved here and roan doesn´t affect head hairs (maybe the jaw, but not the muzzle and nose)

IMHO the pony looks like very dirty grey horse, maybe also the one that just started to getting grey (perhaps from black), of course in winter coat but above all-very dirty Laughing

Laughing That's a good way to look at it!

Dum_my

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:18 pm

I also found a color variation. I really tought he wasn't so nice, and the hole row was full of the same horses with the light belly sow i just leaved the guy at the store.
Original

LeeAnn

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:24 pm

Mine has a light barrel too sunny

Carola

Country/State : Denmark

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 5:06 am

Animal_Figures_4U wrote:
Mine has a light barrel too sunny

Mine too  cyclops 

JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 11:15 am

In Finland they're all like this one in the first pi scratch Is there somewhere some different color vriation?

Thanks for the pic, interesting..!

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colors of the different horse models schleich   Colors of the different horse models schleich Empty

Back to top Go down

Colors of the different horse models schleich
Page 1 of 1