Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How do you collect?

Go down 
+12
Sergey
Wilorvise
LeeAnn
Anne from Norway
Tiermann
NightLioness
widukind
DaveScriv
animalluvr6
Saarlooswolfhound
JonasV
persefone
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

How do you collect? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you collect?   How do you collect? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 1:15 pm

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
sauroid

sauroid

Country/State : usa

PostSubject: Re: How do you collect?   How do you collect? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 4:05 pm

i am an almost generalist collector of animal figures. prehistoric/modern, extinct/extant, wild/domesticated, invertebrates/vertebrates, but my main passion is dinosaurs/prehistoric and modern wild animals.
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: How do you collect?   How do you collect? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 4:24 pm

I collect animal species of all brands :) vintage and modern, name and no name.

STS members can merge Very Happy

sunny Andreas sunny
Back to top Go down
pipsxlch

pipsxlch

Country/State : US/Florida

PostSubject: Re: How do you collect?   How do you collect? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 05, 2015 11:45 pm

I collect goldfish- pretty much any goldfish- in memory of some very personable pets, as I no longer have room/money for big tanks. As money allows, I want other fish also- I love finding examples of species I've kept (such as many of the cichlids), and freshwater 'pet' species in general. I'll get any fish that appeals though, if I can.

Other than that, I collect dinosaurs/prehistoric reptiles and fish (shared with my daughter); dragons (okay fantasy not real) that I like, and pieces that speak to me. Oh, and certain Arabian horses to give my mother- she used to raise them.

Brand and age don't matter to me. Even pieces in rough shape that appeal can possible be restored to glory. And I would kind of like to do some of the inverts.
Back to top Go down
Night Elf

Night Elf

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: How do you collect?   How do you collect? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 1:32 am

I also collect what I like. The only brand I don't collect right now is Peter Stone Horses, although I did collect those for years. Wink

I started collecting Breyer horses when I was 12 and I had a huge collection of their big horses for a long time. Then I became interested in Peter Stones for years, and then slowly Schleich and other brands once I saw how great their wildlife offerings became. Now I collect more animals than horses, although I still collect and admire Breyers, especially their minis. I love you

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: How do you collect?   How do you collect? - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 06, 2015 6:42 am

I will merge at least two of these topics. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you collect?   How do you collect? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you collect?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2