Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.

Go down 
+14
arafan
Takama
Fossa
Kikimalou
A.R.Garcia
Saarlooswolfhound
widukind
LeeAnn
Ana
LukaLeon085
stargatedalek
donny ong
Roger
Florian
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Takama

Takama

Country/State : USA

COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. Empty
PostSubject: CollectA 2nd group   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:28 pm

Acrocanthosaurus
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Guidraco

Feathered Tyrannosaurus

Back to top Go down
Florian

Florian

Country/State : Belgium , Plateau de Herve

COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. Empty
PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:37 pm

WOW WOW WOW

The acrocanthosaurus looks like the same than the carcharodontosaurus but it's a nice figure ah the others are very impressive :)

Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:39 pm

Thanks for pictures, I never felt enthusiasm with CollectA T-rexes and the same feeling keeps. It is interesting that they made a feathered one. draco is silly looking, maybe they were like that in real. Laughing

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 9:59 pm

Thank you very much for the pictures! Very Happy
Looks like the Guidraco have a movable jaw. Nice colours.

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 12:37 am

That Tyrannosaurus rex looks like it might be great. I'll need to see it from different angles, but I'm really excited about it!

Florian wrote:

The acrocanthosaurus looks like the same than the carcharodontosaurus but it's a nice figure

I agree. I like the figure, but the similarity is a little disappointing. Some greater variation is always pleasing.
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 2:03 am

Takama wrote:

Guidraco

The teeth! Shocked

Applause
They are wonderful figurines!
Back to top Go down
stargatedalek

stargatedalek

Country/State : Canada

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 3:14 am

finally, a standing pterosaur that's not an azhdarchid!!! Very Happy
I love it, the splayed toes and other subtle elements of its pose really help to set it apart, the bright colours may be off putting to some but I love them, they give it a very tropical feel and I think they suit the animal very well, and the moving jaw is done very inconspicuously which is nice

acrocanthosaurus being a re-sculpt doesn't bother me in the least (and no I'm not just saying that because I don't yet have the charcarodontosaurus Razz )
the colours look very nice and natural, and the detail is crisp

tyrannosaurus is a real dozy!
just having a relatively mass produced (by comparison to the others available) feathered tyrannosaurus is one thing, but to have one with such a thick speculative coat makes it all the more unique
for some reason the paint app doesn't feel right to me, the feathers are coloured very nicely, and seem to be heavily inspired by pheasants, but the patterns amongst the feathers extend onto the bare parts of the head which feels odd, but it could just be the picture which admittedly doesn't give the best view of its head (nothing a quick touch up couldn't change anyway Wink )

I'm most looking forward to guidraco (namely I want to learn what size it will be!), but that tyrannosaurus is also a must have, the acrocanthosaurus is one I'll keep an eye out for

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 4:06 am

A.R.Garcia wrote:

scot(t) wrote:
Very cool. I like them. It's nice to have two Nasutoceratops coming out in 2015. I have a preference -- based on the pictures -- for the Safari, but I'll definitely be getting both.
Scott, don't forget the planned Battat Nasutoceratops- ceratopsian collectors are spoiled for choice this year. drunken  

Andy, I just saw this. I had forgotten about the planned Battat Nasutoceratops! That's fantastic news. We are indeed very spoiled this year. Holy mackerel. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
LukaLeon085

LukaLeon085

Country/State : ITALY

PostSubject: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 12:41 pm

exclamation 88716 Guidraco with movable jaw
exclamation  88717 Tyrannosaurus Rex with movable jaw.
exclamation  88718 Acrocanthosaurus with movable jaw
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:10 pm

Nice, I like T rex, although I don't like his colours, somehow they don't match with each other. The green look particularly bad in this shade and quite flat type of paint. Why didn't they use blue in this place?

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
LeeAnn

LeeAnn

Country/State : United States

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:32 pm

The moveable jaw is a bit of a disappointment, here we go with the toy idea again. But then I'm not a dino collector so I'm interested in hearing what the dinosaur collectors think. Smile

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 3:15 pm

I like the Guidraco, the ghost dragon.

Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 4:21 pm

Very nice but i am not fan of moveable pieces:)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Saarlooswolfhound
Saarlooswolfhound

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 4:27 pm

I can't see any seams for a jaw on the Trex and the arcano-whatnot. For me it will take some time to get used to the feathered Trex, but I know it is more accurate according to the fossil record so I'm impressed. I just don't like the colors either for this figure.

-"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves."-August Strindberg (However, anyone who knows me knows I love dogs  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] )
-“We can try to kill all that is native, string it up by its hind legs for all to see, but spirit howls and wildness endures.”-Anonymous
Back to top Go down
https://thecuriouscompendium.wixsite.com/curiouscompendium
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:58 pm

Moveble jaws don't bother me at all when they are done well.
This way you sort of get two figures for the price of one IMO.
I'm impressed with the teeth of Guidraco. They are probably made out of rubber, but they look nice and sharp. Very cool.

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 12:26 am

I think the colors of the feathered T. rex are meant to match the colors of the Juvenile Tyrannosaurus that was released this year by CollectA. I'd have to look at the pictures again, but I think both the colors and the placement of the colors match.
Back to top Go down
A.R.Garcia

A.R.Garcia

Country/State : ND/MN, USA

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:17 pm

I see nothing silly in the Guidraco figure-wise (though I'd do the crest differently), and I am impressed by both its teeth and natural-looking pose. However, it sounds like it may be quite large (that could explain the fine details).

An important point for the Tyrannosaurus is that its head is not a pop-culture head. Wink The feather style and coloring will vary with individual tastes (for me it's that red "hair"). It's certainly meant to coordinate with the baby, another example of internal consistency with CollectA's prehistorics I appreciate even if I don't own any of the examples. It's too hard to judge much about the body/pose from this one angle, though their theropod legs/feet haven't been quite right for me, in pictures.

Re:jaws- I'd probably like articulation if done well. These types of animals have impressive mouths, but it's a relief when they're not always going on the offensive, and it adds functionality. My Papo Carnotaurus has a pleasing articulated jaw (however it's the only model I own like this so my experience is limited). These two larger pictures make it clear that the moving jaws have yet to be shown, though... Neutral

Quote :
Andy, I just saw this. I had forgotten about the planned Battat Nasutoceratops! That's fantastic news. We are indeed very spoiled this year. Holy mackerel. Very Happy

Very Happy We must keep our cool and make careful decisions.

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptySat Nov 08, 2014 9:26 pm

One Guidraco for me please bounce

Maybe a good walkaround could convince me for the Trex Suspect
Back to top Go down
Fossa

Fossa

Country/State : Spain

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 2:27 pm

this three beasts are the best 2015 figures revealed by now, at least from my point of view. i'm not too excited about the incoming modern animals by collecta and schleich (maybe the babirussa is good in person, we will see) so all of my hopes are in papo news...

but yeah, talking about prehistorics, looks like collecta is doing well.

Takama

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:03 pm

FYI the Guidraco is a lot larger then your average Deluxe sized CollectA

Thats Mike from Everything Dinosaur
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 7:59 pm

Wow they are huge!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Shocked Bigger than expected!
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Mike is showing some teeth as well! lol!
Nice pic! Thanks Takama.

scot(t)

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 3:19 am

Wow, that is really big. That may almost be too big for my collection. It's a great model though; it'll be hard to pass up!

Thanks for the picture Takama!
Back to top Go down
JonasV

JonasV

Country/State : Finland

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. EmptyThu Jan 15, 2015 11:47 am

I really like them! Better than Schelcih I'd say What a Face

Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.   COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw. Empty

Back to top Go down

COLLECTA 2015: Guidraco, Tyrannosaurus Rex and Acrocanthosaurus, all with movable jaw.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next