Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kaiyodo 2015

Go down 
+23
widukind
Taos
jarda
Tarunyada
Sergey
john2xtheman
Duck-Anch-Amun
skysthelimit
Kikimalou
almisi43
Brettnj
A.R.Garcia
Bloodrayne
NightLioness
krista
sabulia
Florian
Ana
Sheepish
scot(t)
ken yeo
Roger
elephas_maximus
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyMon Aug 24, 2015 8:34 am

I have sent an e-mail :3

Brettnj

Country/State : USA/New Jersey

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 4:05 am

Hey.

After four months of rereleases and sequels, December's CQ set is, well, interesting.  I'm very curious what people's reactions will be.

Subject-wise, I'm happy-adjacent.  I've always thought the company was weakest in this area.  And I'll be sure to get at least one of the bottom pair.

Detail-wise, the top four look a little undersculpted and toylike, particularly due to the turning heads (worked fine with the shoebill since you can't see the seam but here it is very conspicuous and therefore, to me, unwelcome), though it's tough to tell from the illustrations.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Let me know if interested, or just your opinion.  Again, very curious.

I'm also hoping for a second December set, as there've been and will be two (though only one animal each) for all of the months between now and then.

Thanks.
Brett
Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 7:07 am

Well, my opinion is I don't like when Kaiyodo level of realism go down. Ok maybe it is only my taste because I don't like action figures.
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 9:02 am

A bit too toy-ish style for my taste but perhaps that's what they wanted to create Smile

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 2:17 pm

They don't look like Kaiyodo anymore - more like Kitan Club or something. But they are still quite cute. Thanks for sharing, Brett!

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 5:54 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Well, my opinion is I don't like when Kaiyodo level of realism go down. Ok maybe it is only my taste because I don't like action figures.

And much more puzzle style again Sad

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brettnj

Brettnj

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:00 pm

I hoped my eyes were deceiving me and the crudeness/toylikeness was a result of the large images, but you are all reinforcing my fear. It's too bad because Kaiyodo needs to do a much better job with birds (and world species, as we all always agree) and the macaw especially is in a fun position (though I don't know if they do that in nature?).
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Brettnj wrote:
I hoped my eyes were deceiving me and the crudeness/toylikeness was a result of the large images, but you are all reinforcing my fear.  It's too bad because Kaiyodo needs to do a much better job with birds (and world species, as we all always agree) and the macaw especially is in a fun position (though I don't know if they do that in nature?).

Absolutly

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Brettnj

Brettnj

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 3:10 am

I received my first Sendai Aquarium figures today.  Aside from mine, I have one complete set including the secret Commercon's dolphin plus a few individuals including another Commercon's available for sale.  I'm trying to get the alternate aquarium's same regular set with the tiger sand shark as the secret but the price is ridiculous still.  

I'm told there is only one sts for every Commercon's.

As is often the case the last few years, it's a mixed set.

Another snook...Uninteresting to me.

Another dogfish...Same.

Another big spider crab...a more interesting and natural looking pose than the first so I like it.

Another rockhopper penguin...If you're tired of Kaiyodo penguins, as I thought I was, you'll still like this one in midair rockhopping position.  It is very cool and funny.

Manta...You kinda think Kaiyodo made one already and it did if you include the secret with the three paint versions of the SCUBA diver.  But this one is solo, nice, and graceful.

Loggerhead turtle...I love turtles and have been disappointed with the paint on shells lately, and this is no exception.  However, owing to it position, the carapace is pretty much hidden when viewing.  And since it's a very beautiful swimming position, I like this one a lot.

Finless porpoise...awesome pose but under-detailed for my taste.

White-sided dolphin...I don't like Kaiyodo sculpting manmade elements, especially ones that depict or suggest captivity.

Commercon's dolphin...also under-detailed for my taste.

As for the new uniform, non-bottle cap bases, it makes me nervous that the company is cheating, skimping, whatever you want to call it, by not sculpting individual base elements, but I suppose that's not the biggest complaint.

Please PM if interested in any.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Capsule Q Museum Fortune Owl Collection: Set No.2 - Released 30 October 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 12:28 pm

There is a second set of owls coming out next month and I think they are absolutely adorable.  I have the first set and they are beautifully sculpted :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The second set includes news species of owl never made before such as Rabbit owl, Glasses owl and a pair of chicks of barn owl (I think).

Our friend Brett will be able to get obtain this set for anyone who is interested.  I am sharing this with you simply because I think that one little long-legged owl is so damn cute and besides it is consist of new species which will fit in perfectly with our animal collections.

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Holy hopping hamster, they are gorgeous cheers

Those chicks, - daawwh I love you drunken

NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 2:43 pm

More photos, yes!!! Very Happy
I want them so bad. I have the first set also and they are indeed beautil little masterpieces.
Can't wait till I get my hand on the second set Very Happy

Wilorvise

Country/State : Colorado, USA

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 3:15 pm

Oh they are adorable! But I must be fiscally responsible... must be fiscally responsible... must be fiscally responsible...I have kids I need to show a good example to so I must be fiscally responsible....

widukind

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 5:59 pm

Also much better as on the pic. So i want this set too :)

Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 04, 2015 6:41 pm

Wilorvise wrote:
Oh they are adorable!  But I must be fiscally responsible... must be fiscally responsible... must be fiscally responsible...I have kids I need to show a good example to so I must be fiscally responsible....

cheers lol! lol! lol!

Tarunyada

Tarunyada

Country/State : The Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 8:31 pm

They are adorable indeed! Thanks for sharing! I really have to get these on my wishlist, and the first set as well.. Very lovely owls Applause

Back to top Go down
http://tarunyada.weebly.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 10:12 pm

I am lucky to have the first set and now I am waiting for the second Very Happy Owls rule cheers

By the wayNumaan it is a nice thing to read you in the STS Japanese corner Wink
Back to top Go down
Roger
Admin
Roger

Country/State : Portugal

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 4:57 pm

This is another wonderful set. Owls have a good shape and diversity to stimulate collectability. It seems the first set was a hit and they made a new one that is equally great! Very Happy

SUSANNE wrote:
Wilorvise wrote:
Oh they are adorable!  But I must be fiscally responsible... must be fiscally responsible... must be fiscally responsible...I have kids I need to show a good example to so I must be fiscally responsible....

cheers lol! lol! lol!

lol! lol! lol!

Brettnj

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 6:43 pm

This month's caterpillar set with paint... Please let me know if interested.
Back to top Go down
Numa
Numa

Country/State : England, UK

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 10, 2015 3:47 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
By the wayNumaan it is a nice thing to read you in the STS Japanese corner Wink

Thanks Christophe, I am a Japanese animal collector fan. I have tried really hard to increase my collection in this area in 2015 and it has actually been more fun and exciting than any of the other brands, seriously! I love all the Japanese models. They fill a void in our animal collections with small mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians with species we can only dream of major brands making.....
Back to top Go down
jarda

jarda

Country/State : Česká republika

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 20, 2015 11:26 am

Brettnj wrote:
I hoped my eyes were deceiving me and the crudeness/toylikeness was a result of the large images, but you are all reinforcing my fear.  It's too bad because Kaiyodo needs to do a much better job with birds (and world species, as we all always agree) and the macaw especially is in a fun position (though I don't know if they do that in nature?).

Thank you, Brett, for sharing the link to the Kaiyodo Parrots set. These parrots were simply amazing but for the final decision I will wait for the real-life photos of course. Do you know the release date?

I do not share your criticism regarding Kaiyodo and birds - I think Kaiyodo is unbeatable No 1 in bird figures so far: In both species range and figures quality (sculpt + painting). I really don´t know any another company similar or comparable with Kaiyodo... Wink

The turning heads are not my taste too but this is a little trendy thing. Both Kaiyodo owl sets are made this way, the shoebill, the mole rate have moveable parts too. Maybe younger collectors can appreciate it. Anyway, I see the similar tendencies in old Britains portfolio as well, see the giraffe, ostrich or croc for example.

When I visited in summer the circus with my son, I saw here captive macaws in exactly the same position. But for my collectors purposes such position is slightly problematic, I prefer rather more common/neutral position.
Back to top Go down
Brettnj

Brettnj

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 27, 2015 6:48 pm

I realize I never responded to the last post...

I won't argue with anyone who likes Kaiyodo's birds. It's all a matter of taste and perception. But I certainly do like many of them and a few--like the CQ diving grebe--are among my absolute favorite Kaiyodo figures. As much as the company does do many innovative positions/scenes like that one, I wish it would do more.

But I still do believe it suffers with regard to small, perching birds/passerines, and I was extremely disappointed with the owl sculpts, as I would have loved to have had beautiful, authentic looking (to me) owls figures in my collection.

I do hope, as you suppose, that the turning heads/toy-like figures are a temporary trend. I can see why the company would want to attract young collectors. I suppose it's the reason for the rubbery CQ sets from this and last year as well.

As for the macaw, I'm with you in that I'll want to see good photos. But as I assume the pose does not occur in nature, I wouldn't buy it for that reason. I'll have to research.

As I've mentioned to many individual collectors, I sometimes like a figure in a photo but not when in hand, and also find the opposite is occasionally true. I like when that happens more...
Back to top Go down
Silver Unicornis

Silver Unicornis

Country/State : Polish girl living in Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 7:52 pm

As a big owl lover I've finally decided to kick-start my owl collection with those two sets :) I hope they'll arrive before Christmas!

Blog | Facebook
Back to top Go down
Ana

Ana

Country/State : Utrecht/NL

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 8:27 pm

These two sets are amazing! cheers

Mangalarga wrote:
As a big owl lover I've finally decided to kick-start my owl collection with those two sets :) I hope they'll arrive before Christmas!

Good choice Magda! I cannot wait to get the second set too. I got the first one some time ago and I love it. These figures are really beautifully made Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://www.horseandbird.com
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 8:28 pm

I will make pictures this week Very Happy I just have it now drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kaiyodo 2015   Kaiyodo 2015 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kaiyodo 2015
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next