Forum dedicated to collectors of animal toy replicas

Toy Animal WikiToy Animal Wiki  HomeHome  Latest Topics  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou

Go down 
+6
donny ong
Bloodrayne
Kikimalou
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin
widukind
SUSANNE
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

Country/State : Lille, FRANCE

The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  Empty
PostSubject: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 11:35 am

Better late than never, I finnaly catched the CollectA Bowhead whale. This appealing model was tempting me since its birth but my appetite is big and my wallet is small. At last I can show you my new toothless whale.

This stocky dark-colored whale is one of the biggest animal of the world. It can grow to 20 m in length and weigh 75 to 100 tonnes. Only the Blue whale is heavier... At last the bowhead whale is second to none for one thing, it has the largest mouth of any animal. It lives entirely in fertile Arctic and sub-Arctic waters.

The bowhead whale is a rare species in the Toy world, before 2014 I only know two small models, one from Playvisions and one from the Kaiyodo Red Data series. So with two models last year, it is a 100% increased. I can't tell if the Safari ltd is better or not in accuracy, I choosed the CollectA because it charmed me more  drunken

The scale of this model is IMHO between 1:68 and 1:87.  study

And now let this dark beauty show itself...  cheers  With a few dust again  What a Face   Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

With the small Playvisions one Very Happy

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 11:50 am

Beautieful whale and this size is also much better for a whale figurine :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
SUSANNE
Admin
SUSANNE

Country/State : Denmark, the peninsula of Djursland.

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 1:27 pm

Beautyful pictures of a fine model of an awesome critter cheers

It is not long ago, when I first noticed a model of this whale, and I thought it could not be true !
No whale can have such a mouth, - but they DO affraid Laughing

Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 2:00 pm

widukind wrote:
Beautieful whale and this size is also much better for a whale figurine :)

Indeed  Laughing      Photo by Brian Skerry  Applause Even if this one isn't a Bowhead whale but a Right whale  Laughing

SUSANNE wrote:
Beautyful pictures of a fine model of an awesome critter cheers

It is not long ago, when I first noticed a model of this whale, and I thought it could not be true !
No whale can have such a mouth, - but they DO affraid Laughing

Yes Shocked  the good thing is it doesn't eat chocolate Laughing

Last edited by Kikimalou on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
widukind

widukind

Country/State : Germany

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Wonderful pic :)

STS members can merge [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Andreas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Anasta SchwarzeWölfin

Country/State : Russia

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Whales look so strange indeed... But they are so great, so big, and when you look at them you think that should be they are so mighty!
Great figurine, his eyes look very natural.
Thank you for photos, Christophe! cheers

'Til then I walk alone.

Back to top Go down
http://schwarzwolfin.deviantart.com/
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 8:43 pm

A mighty thank you Anasta cheers
Back to top Go down
Bloodrayne

Bloodrayne

Country/State : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 8:55 pm

My favourite whale in my collection. The paintwork is very nice I think.
I remember that I was quite surprised by its heft.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 8:58 pm

Yes Simone, it is heavier than expected, and bigger too for a CollectA.
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

Country/State : The Netherlands, Friesland.

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 10:52 pm

Should I or should I not buy this for my collection scratch scratch

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 11:26 pm

NightLioness wrote:

What is your question? Not good enough? Too big or small? No more whales on your shelves? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
donny ong

Country/State : indonesia

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 3:07 am

Wonderful figurine. Thanks for the pics.

Back to top Go down
Kikimalou
Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 7:40 am

You are welcome Donny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 11:16 am

Kikimalou wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

What is your question? Not good enough? Too big or small? No more whales on your shelves? Very Happy

Hmm, that is a good one. When the animal came out I was like: Well, looks nice I think. But the eyes and color aren't very appealing. But after your walkaround I have other thoughts, but still the eyes and colors bothers me somehow. But it is a nice whale and I have still some room on top of my cabinet for more whales Very Happy Maybe I just have to order it Wink XD

arafan

Country/State : Brazil

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 12:22 pm

Wonderful whale! Too bad that it's so small. Thank you for the great walkaround Christophe! Very Happy

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 8:54 pm

NightLioness wrote:

Hmm, that is a good one. When the animal came out I was like: Well, looks nice I think. But the eyes and color aren't very appealing. But after your walkaround I have other thoughts, but still the eyes and colors bothers me somehow. But it is a nice whale and I have still some room on top of my cabinet for more whales Very Happy Maybe I just have to order it Wink XD

Which color would you like for a Bowhead whale?

arafan wrote:
Wonderful whale! Too bad that it's so small. Thank you for the great walkaround Christophe! Very Happy

Why so small? scratch  It is the biggest made by CollectA Laughing
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:30 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
NightLioness wrote:

Which color would you like for a Bowhead whale?

Green! Razz No, I don't know. Of course the Bowhead is a dark colored animal, but I thought it would have more hues or dark gray. I see that the inside of its mouth, his eyes and a bit of his baleens have some nice extra colors to make it more alive, that is cool!
I will order him into my next shipment, so see for myself ^^

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 9:41 pm

Laughing If I wasn't already a crazy black-crested macaque I would love to be a green Bowhead whale drunken
Back to top Go down
Tove

Country/State : Norway

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:29 pm

Thank you for great photos. You have chosen the perfect background for this model, and the photo of the Right Wale is fantastic also.  Applause

I think the model has an acceptable size comparing with the blue whale from Schleich. I have measured mine to be ca 27 cm, and the CollectA katalog tells that the bowhead whale is 22,3 cm.
Back to top Go down
NightLioness
NightLioness

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 11:03 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Laughing  If I wasn't already a crazy black-crested macaque I would love to be a green Bowhead whale drunken

Laughing Laughing cheers

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 11:57 pm

Tove wrote:
Thank you for great photos. You have chosen the perfect background for this model, and the photo of the Right Wale is fantastic also.  Applause

I think the model has an acceptable size comparing with the blue whale from Schleich. I have measured mine to be ca 27 cm, and the CollectA katalog tells that the bowhead whale is 22,3 cm.

Yes I was surprised it was so big Very Happy
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Kikimalou wrote:
Tove wrote:

Of course, it isn't small. But I like to have my whales in the size 1:32 like the most of older Schleich whales. But anyway it's great to hear that Collecta can make so big animals so cheap. I really hope for elephants in the scale 1:22 of them.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 6:20 pm

arafan wrote:
Kikimalou wrote:
Tove wrote:

Of course, it isn't small. But I like to have my whales in the size 1:32 like the most of older Schleich whales. But anyway it's great to hear that Collecta can make so big animals so cheap. I really hope for elephants in the scale 1:22 of them.

Schleich never made 1:32 scale whales, they were much smaller than that Laughing
Back to top Go down
arafan

arafan

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 7:36 pm

You're right, most of them were 1:40. So this one still is very small.

Admin
Kikimalou

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 10:52 pm

They are even not 1:40 and the CollectA Bowhead whale is bigger than the Schleich Right whale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou    The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou  Empty

Back to top Go down

The CollectA 88652 bowhead whale: A walkaround by Kikimalou
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next